Oracle Employee Reviews in United States

Good Experience
HCM Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNMay 25, 2016
good work / life balance. Great co workers, comp is good, political advancement is possible but need to hustle and network
excellent rating
Operations Analyst (Former Employee) –  Plano, TXMay 18, 2016
Great place to learn all aspects of backhouse to corporate relations
Great place to learn all lab skills/quality skills
Great bosses plenty room for advancement
Many knowledge opportunities
Pros
often company get togethers
Cons
company went out of bussiness due to new ownership
material handler
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Belmont, CAMay 16, 2016
pick pack and ship computer software used forklift cherry picker kept safe clean work environment in fast paced work environment
Great work-life-balance, but overall focus and strategy is haphazard
Development Manager (Current Employee) –  Burlington, MAMay 16, 2016
Oracle is one of the few companies that supports work-from-home, which makes this company exceptional from a work-life-balance perspective. However, Oracle is also a very large company, and finding opportunities for promotion is hard.
Management tries to communicate direction and strategy, but it does feel somewhat haphazard. While focus on cloud is constant there are many, many "urgent" communications from upper management to engineering that seem to take over the direction of the company and create confusion lower in the ranks.
That said, Oracle is solid company with good technology and products that customers genuinely like.
Pros
Benefits are excellent, work-from-home
Cons
Promotions are rare and lately salary increases are few and far between
challenging
Software Developer (Current Employee) –  Redwood Shores, CAMay 16, 2016
Agile working style, daily scrum meeting with colleagues on challenging project
learned new technology
meet a lot of competitive experts
Good benefits, good place to work at.
Network Analyst (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXMay 15, 2016
It is manager oriented company, atlas the department/team I was working at, I have couple of good managers and the work place was fun and good and couple of managers who were unhappy all the time and nothing can be done about it, pay wise just forget the hike and all this company is bit rigid on this part there are people working on same salary for a decade and more, the benefits are good and other perks like OT for OT qualified workers etc is good and again depends entirely on the manager.
Pros
Benefits, Technology
Cons
Manager oriented, Salary
Large corporatoin
Manager/SeniorManager (Current Employee) –  Broomfield, COMay 14, 2016
Number of online training classes to learn about Oracle products. Compensation and career growth depend on the team you are in.
Great Place to work
Solution Specialist (Former Employee) –  San Juan, PRMay 10, 2016
Oracle is a great place to work, you can learn about the best in class technologies. The compensation and benefits are good, the work life balance is average.
Temp work
PRINTED CIRCUIT DESIGNER (Former Employee) –  Burlington, MAMay 6, 2016
Great place to work as a temp. Full time, given challenging projects and left alone to complete them fits me perfectly. Hours were flexible, team in PCB department was friendly and helpful.
Pros
Excellent work environment, cafe, rec room, etc
Cons
It seems they have problems with top level management releasing funds in spite of tight deadlines, so I couldn't stay.
Associate technical support engineer (Current Employee) –  lehiMay 5, 2016
I like it fairly well. lots of good perks. There is tons of training available which is awesome. they pay for your certs. They have free drinks and a foosball and ping pong table,
Typical large company - pros and cons
Support Engineer (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMay 3, 2016
I work for some wonderful people, but the cost cutting measures that have taken place have people feeling not so secure.
Na
Sr. Account Manager, BI/EPM (Former Employee) –  Burlington, MAApril 29, 2016
Was a great company to work for, lots of benefits and resources....would like to actually work their again at some point
Lots of turnover. No job security
Associate Functional Consultant (Current Employee) –  RemoteApril 29, 2016
Lots of turnover with little job security. When on projects, it's a great place to work but you never want to end up on the bench.
Not a great company to hang your hat.
IT Business Analyst (Current Employee) –  Rocklin, CAApril 27, 2016
Honestly the company culture is...wait...what company culture? There's no real company culture here. Basically you show up and do your job like a robot and go home. Talking or creating meaningful relationships with coworkers is frowned upon. Also, don't attempt to stand out, be creative or think logically, when you are surrounded by a heavy level of ego this will put a mark on your head that you should be socially outed and labeled as "not serious" because you aren't angry and stressed like the rest of them. Even if you have accomplished more and bring more to the table...your positivity and vibrancy will not be tolerated. You will be secretly and passive aggressively formed into what they want regardless of how hard you work. Don't expect large raises and don't expect to be taken care of. You are disposable, always. Run from this company and take an offer from somewhere else, you will be glad you did. Just my .02.
Pros
They have a small little gym
Cons
No upward mobility, Micromanaging, fear based company culture, no career growth
Oracle is a great place to work
Customer Support Manager (Current Employee) –  Lehi, UTApril 26, 2016
Oracle is filled with wonderful, highly intelligent people. I have learned a lot from management and I enjoy the people I work with.
Nice ping pong table
Senior Designer (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAApril 22, 2016
Every group/division can be different in how they treat their employees, but I'd say overall there is very good atmosphere of trust and fairness. There is a strong focus on education, and they reimburse for outside classes taken (Up to 5k/year I think). Benefits are good, and I'd say quite competitive in the market. Good 401K matching (they'll contribute a max of 3% of your 6% or greater). Free drinks in the breakroom. Flexibility to work from home at times. (If you live 50+ miles away from an office you can work full-time from home...policy).
Recording Head Operations (RHO)
Vacuum Process Engineer (Former Employee) –  Louisville, COApril 21, 2016
I started with StorageTek in 1993. StorageTek was acquired by Sun Microsystems in 2006. Sun Microsystems was acquired by Oracle in 2010. RHO was a great place to work.
Pros
Fulfilling work.
Cons
RHO had been reduced in size several times.
Great Team to be part of
Manufacturing Engineer (Current Employee) –  Hillsboro, ORApril 20, 2016
Supporting Product line by providing customer support and managing BOM's
Working on various projects on continues improvement.
Oracle is Amazing
Senior Technical Account Engineer (Current Employee) –  Broomfield, COApril 20, 2016
Working for Oracle is an incredible journey of discovery and growth. I work as a Top Accounts Engineer supporting some of Oracle's top revenue generating customers. I have the opportunity to build rapport and work with some of the largest IT and Telecommunications customers in the Industry. I interact with an Oracle Account team consisting of Field Managers, Project Managers and Sales Support to offer our customers an all inclusive single point of contact methodology to interact and excel with Oracle. My peers are professional and very hard working. We have shaped a strong team of Oracle members that intimately understand our customers technical environment. We know our System Administrators and IT Managers and work with them on a daily basis to help them be highly effective and successful within their IT infrastructure.
Pros
Salary, healthcare, 401k
Cons
Fun Factor could be increased
Psychic
Psychic/Mentalist Professional (Current Employee) –  Greece, NYApril 19, 2016
At Accuracy Psychics you are going to be amazed at what wonderful,
clear and descriptive readings our loving psychics will deliver
to you. All highly gifted psychics are specialists at the art
of psychic divination.