Oracle Employee Reviews

Communications and Editorial Intern (Former Employee) –  Redwood City, CAApril 26, 2017
Beautiful campus and a very zen office, great colleagues, opportunities to work across departments, all very intelligent, highly driven people. Learned so much during these internships.
Pros
Beautiful offices and free lunch on fridays
Cons
Long commute if living in SF
Work and Life balance was a plus
Senior Software Quality Engineer (Former Employee) –  Santa Clara, CAApril 26, 2017
I enjoyed working for Oracle Corp for many years. My managers were all very fair and nice to their employees. The working environment was supportive. It was great for me to work there.
Interesting place to work at
Data Scientist (Current Employee) –  Redwood City, CAApril 26, 2017
Variety of backgrounds among colleagues keep things churning with new ideas and perspectives. Although stereo-typically considered a big old boring company, it's definitely taken a turn for the better.
Big expectations, less than stellar results
Implementation Consultant II (Current Employee) –  Solon, OHApril 26, 2017
After being acquired by Oracle, many in our company were optimistic. Working for one of the largest IT companies in the world couldn't be all that bad. We thought we would gain tons of new clients. Unfortunately, after 3 years, new client prospects seemed to dry up, as did our work load.
Its cannibalistic.
Oracle Sales AE (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXApril 25, 2017
If you want your deals constantly being taken away from you by other departments, this is a great job. the only place to be would be joining the cloud team or the DB side. No point in the other departments.
Great training program
ASR (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAApril 25, 2017
Great training program. Great people you will be working alongside. A lot of room for growth. Everything takes time. You will not receive a promotion overnight.
Large Company that acquisitions a lot of small companies
MB Services Sales Representative I (Former Employee) –  Broomfield, COApril 24, 2017
Oracle has lots of layoffs and acquisitions but a great company to work for when there is Job security. I learned a lot about sales and the tech industry while working for Oracle.
Pros
Fabulous Benefits and severance packages
Cons
I was laid off after an acquisition and my position was outsourced
No career growth
Principal Member of Technical Staff (Current Employee) –  Redwood Shores, CAApril 24, 2017
Very little raise, very little bonus and RSU. The company simply doesn't care that much about the employees. They don't care people leave; they don't care people get under paid.
Pros
work life balance
Cons
compensation is not on par with the market
Productive fun place to work with a ping pong table
Sales & Marketing Developer (Current Employee) –  Reston, VAApril 24, 2017
Oracle is a great company to work for. The sales culture is amazing and management is great! The most enjoyable part of the job is having autonomy to get your work done.
Fast-paced sales support role
Sales Operations Mgr., N.A. State & Local Gov't (Former Employee) –  Redwood Shores, CAApril 22, 2017
Always a pleasure to work with experienced sales teams and managers. Supported three regional sales teams focusing on State and Local Government. Extensive use of internal Oracle tracking systems.
Pros
Working with senior sales teams
Cons
Highly stressful environment.
Productive place to work
Director PeopleSoft Information Development (Former Employee) –  Pleasanton, CAApril 21, 2017
Management set realistic schedules for deliverables. Cooperative groups. State of the art software for large enterprises. Able to telecommute a couple of days a week.
Friendly work environment for personal growth professional
Principal Database Administrator (Former Employee) –  Redwood City, CAApril 20, 2017
I have grown to an experienced Oracle DBA while enjoying working with other peers at Oracle. The manager encourages its employees to take training classes offered internally or outside Oracle.
Pros
Very good environment to access the latest technology; Good benefit package
Cons
Salary has fall behind the rate of inflation. It is hard to get pay raise
No rewards for success and no ability to grow
Hardware Engineering Lead (Current Employee) –  Santa Clara, CAApril 19, 2017
Oracle does not provide growth opportunities and often rewards success with demotions and/or layoffs. As the company transitions towards a cloud focus, these could just be growing pains, but I would not recommend being part of them right now.
There are no bonuses and no raises.
Pros
Easy hours
Cons
No growth opportunities.
A blip in the corporate machine
Program Manager (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WAApril 18, 2017
Compensation is not competitive, and career advancement opportunities and raises are hard to come by. You'll have to apply for another job on another team entirely. Typical corporate work structure. Management and leadership is out of touch. Their only priority is proving profitability to shareholders.
Pros
Work-life balance
Cons
Compensation, career advancement, culture
Why did they hire me?
Technology Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAApril 18, 2017
I was hired as a Technology Sales Manager, and quickly realized I had no viable territory, and that the vast majority of the other sales people on my team were not meeting their quota. I have no idea why they hired me, and I left.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Hated working remotely, no client interest in what I was selling
Best place to be on the leading edge of technology
Senior Principal Consultant (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDApril 17, 2017
Unlimited opportunity to learn the latest and greatest technology, lots of consulting clients to find challenging projects to work on grow your technical depth.
Average Company
Principal Program Manager (Former Employee) –  Broomfield, COApril 17, 2017
Oracle is okay if you don't care if you are rewarded for doing an exceptional job. Oracle bought Sun Microsystems supposedly for their hardware and systems expertise. Then, they fired all the Sun Sales People. No wonder the remaining Oracle Sales force couldn't sell hardware.
Pros
Free coffee
Cons
No raises for years on end.........no recognition of any kind
Great company for career growth
Emerging Businesses Account Director, Technology (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAApril 17, 2017
Typical day is quick and painless. Learned a ton, they educate their employees to the fullest. Management is awesome and motivating. Culture is A+++++
Pros
Compensation, Hours, Growth
Great company to retire or for new college graduates.
Principal Hardware Design Engineer (Current Employee) –  Pleasanton, CAApril 16, 2017
Company does not care to develop top talent and promotion is based on politics.

Pros
Flexible working hours

Cons
Not much salary increase
Pros
Flexible working hours
Cons
Salary
Great company to work for
Account Manager - Enterprise Growth Accounts (Former Employee) –  Burlington, MAApril 14, 2017
Can seemingly get lost in the mix sometimes, but overall, it's a great company with great opportunity and great benefits. Only downfall is that it sometimes can feel like a lottery with how territories are cut up.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Oracle. Our community is ready to answer.