Oracle Employee Reviews

Oracle is a tough but rewarding place to work.
Cloud Renewal Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  RemoteDecember 11, 2017
The quarterly schedule makes for a very busy end of almost every quarter. The only thing worse is an end of quarter when things are not busy. Expectations for production can be unrealistic.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Constant change
Good Compensation and Work/Life Balance
Proposal Manager (Former Employee) –  Morrisville, NCDecember 11, 2017
Oracle is a company with one way loyalty - stock holders, not employees. There is no job security at all. I enjoyed my job and learned about many different industries.
Engineering Group
SENIOR ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Santa Clara, CADecember 9, 2017
Cad Group. Worked with engineers. Nice campus. Typical day, scheduled meetings, arranged travel, order supplies, maintained spreadsheet for tracking laptops.
Pros
Workout center
Company in transition....
Customer Support Analyst (Current Employee) –  Columbia, MDDecember 7, 2017
I worked for Oracle Hospitality formerly known as Micros acquired by Oracle in Columbia, MD. Not at all professional, and morale is horrible, company is in a transition phase. Oracle bought out Micros, so the culture of Micros still exist within the company. I believe Oracle is a great company, however the support for the Hospitality division is a calamity! Unless you're desperate, or just looking to break into the industry stay away!!!
Pros
Unlimted OT
Cons
No trainig for advancement, you only work on software an apps that are only proprietary to the hospitality industry.
I don't have anything to so
Engineered Systems - Senior Account Executive (Current Employee) –  Reston, VADecember 7, 2017
I decline to comment at this time. Oracle is like any other Fortune 500 company; It has its pros and cons. My experience was positive for the most part but I don't agree with all the decisions made by the highest levels of management.
Soviet Union like
Deal Specialist- North America Business Operations (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXDecember 6, 2017
Lied to me about raise

terrible work-life balance

Managment could be better.

solid training

terrible opportunity to advance

Needs to get away from gentrification
Oracle is a good company
Program Manager (Former Employee) –  Burlington, MADecember 6, 2017
Oracle is a large company with many opportunities. One can move within the company to different groups for career growth. Benefits and facilities are awesome.
Pros
Benefits, career growth
Cons
Great job for the micro manageable
Sales Development Representative (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXDecember 6, 2017
Oracle was a great job coming out of college, but even after repeated quarters of overachieving I was still micromanaged. Attainment goals were changed even the last week of the current quarter. Great benefits and atmosphere, but management is a hit or miss. Not much career advancement. Really just luck if you get a nice patch or not, which is randomized at the beginning of next fiscal year normally. Depending on your manager, your worst contributor may not be terminated regardless of effort and the rest of the team is expected to make up the slack.
Pros
Great Benefits, Good Bonuses, Competitive Salary
Cons
Ambiguous Goals, Micromanagement
N/a
Consulting Implementation Manager (Current Employee) –  Columbia, MD 21046December 6, 2017
Oracle Corporation is an American multinational computer technology corporation, headquartered in Redwood Shores, California. The company specializes primarily in developing and marketing database software and technology, cloud engineered systems and enterprise software products — particularly its own brands of database management systems. In 2015, Oracle was the second-largest software maker by revenue, after Microsoft.[4]

The company also develops and builds tools for database development and systems of middle-tier software, enterprise resource planning (ERP) software, customer relationship management (CRM) software and supply chain management (SCM) software.
Good employer.
CRM ON DEMAND TECHNICAL ENGINEER (Former Employee) –  Lehi, UTDecember 5, 2017
Had a great 12 years in CRM. Nice work culture with employees from many nations.
Management was nice and let you do your job. Corporate discounts. Good benefits.
Pros
free juice, soda, coffee, etc
Cons
work from home issues/discrepancies
Director, Global Sales Enablement
Director, Global Sales Enablement (Current Employee) –  Redwood City, CADecember 5, 2017
The job is great fun! I highly recommend the position to anyone that like a wide variety of responsibilities, a high-degree of autonomy, and frequent travel.
Great Place to Work
Human Resources Support Analyst (Current Employee) –  Rocklin, CADecember 4, 2017
Great place to work! Every group/division can be different in how they treat their employees, but I'd say overall there is very good atmosphere of trust and fairness. There is a strong focus on education, and they reimburse for outside classes taken (Up to 5k/year I think). Benefits are good, and I'd say quite competitive in the market. Good 401K matching (they'll contribute a max of 3% of your 6% or greater). Free drinks in the break room.
Pros
Salary
Plenty of technology to learn
Solutions Manager (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLDecember 4, 2017
Great opportunity to learn technology in many areas such as integration and cloud services. Numerous opportunities to delve into technology in a variety of industries.
Recently downsized
Principal Sales Engineer (Current Employee) –  Redwood Shores, CADecember 3, 2017
Oracle was great company to work for, but there have been a lot of restructuring lately. The company is trying to find it's way in cloud, and traditional areas (like hardware) have been almost completely eliminated from the company.
A nice Place to work
SMB Account Manager - Cloud & Core Technology (Current Employee) –  Burlington, MADecember 2, 2017
Oracle checks all the boxes for making this a great place to learn, network and meet new people; falls short when it comes to territory planning. Sales Operations needs to do a complete refresh to make it fair and equitable for all,
Pros
Training
Cons
Territory strategy
Control of Managers
Director of NA Service Delivery (Former Employee) –  Redwood Shores, CADecember 2, 2017
Individual managers behave differently and sometimes out of control. Need a consistent behavior. Growth is not possible unless changing groups or roles. Salary increases are minimal.
Love the coworkers and work life balance
Account Executive (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXDecember 1, 2017
Work life balance and coworkers is absolutely amazing. The base salary alone you can live off of. The compensation (commission) on sales is very territory based and hit or miss depending on that.
Pros
People, Work-Life Balance, Base salary
Cons
Not much I can think of
Friendly collaborative atmosphere
Senior Software Engineer (Former Employee) –  Mount Laurel, NJDecember 1, 2017
Each day at work was relaxed yet challenging and the work was consistent. My team was always helpful and also allowed me introduce my own solutions and ideas. I learned additional skills such as Java, web services, and Agile. I also leaned tools such as Eclipse IDE, SourceTree, SCM Manager, Jenkins, and SQL Developer. My manager was friendly and respectful and was a pleasure to work for. The workplace culture was quiet yet very collaborative. Most people I worked with were friendly and helpful. The hardest part of the job was understanding clearly what was needed for advancement. In addition, there were some changes in the past year or so that caused a frequent change in focus. As a result it was hard to build any kind of momentum. The most enjoyable part of the job was the freedom to seek, invent, or create your own solutions to improve the quality of the product as well as the software testing process.
Pros
Lots of training opportunities, comprehensive benefits, quiet environment to concentrate
Cons
Lack of long term direction
great learning opportunity but low pay
HR Business Partner (Current Employee) –  Redwood City, CADecember 1, 2017
I have had great career progression but unfortunately compensation is not competitive. Salary increases are minimal, bonus and stock is non-existent. Great place to keep you challenge and learning but living in the bay area, we really need to earn a decent salary to survive here. There's lots of work so be prepared to put in the hours.
Pros
great career progression
Cons
low pay, no work/life balance
Great place to start your career.
Principal Program Manager (Former Employee) –  Burlington, MANovember 30, 2017
It is a pleasure to collaborate with some of the best minds in the industry. Management is decisive, and often makes hard choices that position the company for success.
Pros
Competitive compensation and benefits.
Cons
Constant change, organizational silos exist.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Oracle. Our community is ready to answer.