Oracle Employee Reviews

good place to work and remotely working is welcome
Senior Finance Director (Former Employee) –  Pleasanton, CAJanuary 29, 2016
overall a good company. work life balance is good. virtual meetings are the norm and pay is competitive in the san jose area
Very negative work environment
Database Administrator, R&D (Former Employee) –  Solon, OHJanuary 27, 2016
Managers actually bad mouth the company. They give no feedback to employees, except once a year during the annual review.
Very secure and pleasant environment to work
Internial Distribution (Current Employee) –  Broomfield, COJanuary 26, 2016
I enjoy working here very much, however, I would like an environment where promotions aren't so scarce and pay was compensatory to the work. The benefits and the people that I work with are wonderful. I have received invaluable training that will be a great asset for me in the future.
IVP Intern Program is Great!
Injured Veterans Program -Intern (Former Employee) –  Broomfield, COJanuary 20, 2016
Excellent Injured Veterans Program. Worked with my disabilities to provide me the best environment for growth. Learned so much in my year with Oracle.
Not a fun place
Communications Manager (Former Employee) –  Redwood City, CAJanuary 20, 2016
Management was difficult, felt like different groups were at odds with each other. In general, very competitive internally, which made it difficult to move things forward
Great learning opportunities
Tax PMO Consultant (Current Employee) –  Redwood Shores, CAJanuary 20, 2016
I have learned great many knowledge and skills in Oracle.
As a tax and accounting professional, I have exposures to the whole tax provision process in Oracle with all the details.
As a business analyst and consultant, I analyzed business process by conducting client meetings, analyzing spreadsheets and process and drawing flow charts.
I become a combination of a SME and a consultant in 1.5 year.
Pros
Great working enviroment
Cons
few holidays
Great benefits and flexibility with great co-workers
Senior Technical Support Engineer (Current Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COJanuary 18, 2016
Good benefits and flexible workplace. Current position is a bit limited but great co-workers. Oracle has a very detailed diagnostic methodology which can be a cumbersome to learn, but facilitates easier documentation later on.
Pros
Flexible hours and workplace
High job security, low mobility
CX Cloud Solutions Specialist (Current Employee) –  Redwood Shores, CAJanuary 13, 2016
You won't get fired unless you don't do your job.
Advancement is difficult because of the bureaucracy and red tape, which often also hurts your ability to do your job.

The people are all very good, fun, caring, and collaborative. Management can be unrealistic at times, and place undue stress on workers.
Productive and fun workplace.
technical support (Former Employee) –  Greater BostonJanuary 13, 2016
I learned a lot working at Oracle.
Good people to work with.
The most enjoyable part of my day was the camaraderie
and working in a team environment.
Market Leader
Senior Product Manager, Engineered Systems (Current Employee) –  Santa Clara, CAJanuary 7, 2016
Oracle is the market leader in converged systems and integrated optimized enterprise hardware and software technology. Working on the inception of the Oracle SuperCluster project has been exciting from a technology, market, customer, and financial perspective. Oracle SuperCluster combines the best of breed Oracle SPARC technology with Oracle Exadata and Oracle ZFS Storage Appliance with the Oracle SPARC M7 processor with unmatched security and performance. It is an exciting company to work for to be involved in this technology.
Principal QA Engineer (Current Employee) –  Pleasanton, CAJanuary 6, 2016
Great place to work. Exposure to lot of new technologies and internal software in use. highly motivated teams and easy to work coworkers.
Very energetic and Proactive to take the tasks
principal Product Specialist (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLJanuary 5, 2016
Product specialist in Oracle Fusion Middleware products
I am handling Oracle fusion middleware customers for solving their typical product related issues.
Field Sales Representative, USAF (Current Employee) –  Colorado SpringsJanuary 5, 2016
Great place to work depending on your manager. I've been with Oracle for 19 years and overall it is a great place to work. I have worked in support development and in sales
Great company, not challenging
Sales Consultant (Current Employee) –  Burlington, MAJanuary 4, 2016
I enjoy working at Oracle but I am not challenged. Because it is such a large company, new changes take place very slowly and Oracle hasn't adopted the modern-tech-company culture yet... looks like they never will. They are a slow, boring corporate machine.
Professional and comfortable company to work for.
Front Desk Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CADecember 30, 2015
I was the Front Desk Receptionist, which included reserving meeting rooms, cleaning up after each meeting, sending e-mails to all employees receiving overnight packages, placing them in a safe place for pick up. Keeping track on Outlook of all the meetings on a daily basis, maintaining the (3) kitchens on both the 7th and 8th floor.

It was a pleasure working with this professional team. I was on a contract assignment and would very much like to work there full-time.

The most enjoyable part of the job is the people, and at the end of the day I felt I was helpful and constructive in assisting them.
Big Promises, Zero Delivery
SR. PROGRAM MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WADecember 14, 2015
I came to Oracle truly excited for the potential opportunities that were presented to me. Very quickly realized though that those potential opportunities were just that "potential- any chance of these opportunities becoming a reality is a very slim chance.

We are basically bogged down by process for the sake of process, there is zero help from the leadership. They don't seem to know how to move forward with any of the obstacles - the answer is "Oracle Process"
Pros
There are very smart, dedicated people who make working here a breeze
Cons
No growth prospects, No raises, Non-exsistent bonuses
Great people, awful culture
Customer Experience Specialist (Current Employee) –  Burlington, MADecember 12, 2015
Great networking opportunities; coworkers are amazing and upbeat people to be around. However, management is incompetent and unsupportive. Job advancement is nonexistent unless you happen to receive a good territory, which is rare.
Challenging Environment
Principal Support Engineer - Identity Manager (Former Employee) –  Liberty Corner, NJDecember 11, 2015
Oracle provides a challenging and fast paced environment. One of the best parts of working at Oracle is that the technology is always on the leading edge.
Pros
Challenging work, compensation
Cons
poor work/life balance
Oracle Review
Sr Java/Mobile ADF Developer, Modern Content (Current Employee) –  Irving, TXDecember 11, 2015
Overall a great place to work. The hardest part of my job is the many layers of authorizations that it takes to get anything fully accomplished from start to finish on projects. The most enjoyable part of the job is the work/life balance.
Good
Sr. Technical Support Engineer (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLDecember 9, 2015
Work 9:00 - 6:00. Relaxing. No cubes. Too open. Distracting. Could work from home better, but recent change.... Great manager, great co-workers.. Would be better if allowed to work from home.. Everything we do is tracked, so managers could see we are working... Would be great for environment and the world..