Orange Coast College Employee Reviews

Working here for as long as I have has had me be good at what I do compared to when I started
Office Assistant (Current Employee) –  Costa Mesa, CAJanuary 19, 2016
A typical day includes coming into the office checking messages, preparing folders for the counselors and inputting,filing back and anything in between with calling students to cancel appointments, entering information into the database and distributing bus passes for students.
Best Job Ever
Student Advisor (Former Employee) –  Counseling/Outreach/Transfer CenterOctober 6, 2015
I loved working for OCC. I was a full time student and part time employee. I transferred to a UC and transferred to a part time position in the counseling department. The pay is great and every employee on campus loves their role. They care about student success.
A great student job
Hourly Instructional Support (Former Employee) –  Costa Mesa, CAAugust 3, 2015
I had this job as a student, and it was a great introduction into the educational sector. I was able to support the education of over a hundred students by maintaining and preparing their laboratory classes. I was even able to support the early part of education with this position, and while direct advancement may be difficult, this position opened up opportunities for me later in my education and career progression.
Orange Coast College
Front Office (Former Employee) –  Costa Mesa, CAMay 18, 2015
I have learned a lot in Orange Coast College.

Filed and maintained records according to specifications and procedures.
Transmitted information or documents to customers, using computer, mail, and facsimile machine.
Performed general office duties such as, filing, data entry, and routed incoming mail.
Scheduled appointments, and maintained and updated appointment calendars ensuring that appointments were maintained.
Office work
Student Assistant (Former Employee) –  Costa Mesa, CAApril 23, 2015
I gained a great knowledge of an office experience, both phone and fax machine, and I bettered my computer skills. I also learned how to answer both out coming and incoming calls.
A great place to work.
Professor (Former Employee) –  Costa Mesa, CAMarch 27, 2015
This is a job that surrounds me with colleagues who all treat me as a true friend with appreciation and respect. I am considered a valuable asset to them and I enjoy having the environment found there.
Pros
See Above
Cons
There aren't any
Fun Little Job
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Costa Mesa, CAJanuary 28, 2015
I worked for them for a semester and had lots of fun there. My coworkers were great! Friendly, fun, intelligent, and hard-working. Management was fantastic! We knew what was expected of us and we also knew that we could come to our manager with anything, whether is was work-related or even personal. Cool seasonal job. :)
Pros
fun environment
Cons
low pay, no benefits, little to no room for advancement
Fun, Friendly Work Environment
Social Science Tutor (Former Employee) –  Costa Mesa, CADecember 19, 2014
Typical day involved tutoring students in social science and running the reception desk.

Fun, comfortable work environment.

Friendly staff and supervisors.

The most enjoyable part of the job was helping struggling students understand a difficult concept.
ORANGE COAST COLLEGE
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Costa Mesa, CANovember 25, 2014
I really do enjoy working here at the college it is just hard to find something full time in the specific department I work in. I love how I can attend classes here and then just walk over to the main building for work. I have met a lot of different people who work in all fields which has helped me grow and expand my schooling as well as knowledge.
Flexible, great co-workers
Wellness Program Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Costa Mesa, CAOctober 14, 2014
Flexible work environment, great co-workers, relaxed and plenty of opportunities
Very excellent work environement
Adjunct Faculty (Former Employee) –  Costa Mesa, CAOctober 13, 2014
The level of students in math is very high which made the job less challenging. The management is math-oriented and very academic.
Very health place to enjoy mathematizing.
Pros
desent salary and very outstanding leadership.
Cons
none.
Warehouse work
Warehouse (Former Employee) –  Costa Mesa, CAJuly 18, 2014
Worked with a lot of the public and did a lot of warehouse funtions as well, I enjoyed working with this company.
Fun place to work.
Tutor (Current Employee) –  Costa Mesa, CAMay 3, 2014
Tutor students from all Economics and Accounting classes available.
Very good people to work with
Teacher's Assistant for Spanish Classes (Former Employee) –  Costa Mesa, CAApril 2, 2014
- Very organized environment
- Focused people
- Great team work
- A good opportunity to work with different cultures
typical part time job
Accounting and Economics Tutor (Former Employee) –  Costa Mesa, CANovember 18, 2013
Simple part time job at a local JC. Hours are flexible and pay isnt the greatest.
Productive and organized workplace
Recycling Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Costa Mesa, CAJuly 17, 2013
hardest part of job is need for low back, and forearm strength
Pros
free gloves
Cons
short lunches, no breaks
Work study place
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Costa Mesa, CAFebruary 7, 2013
I like working here because it allowed me to do my work and homework at the same time.
A place where one can manage their way of working.
Tutor (Former Employee) –  Costa Mesa, CANovember 1, 2012
It was a good experience to be a sales man, but overall it offer no other ways of expanding on any of a person's knowledge.
An interesting insight into the Financial Aid Process.
Hourly Temp/Clerical (Former Employee) –  Costa Mesa, CAAugust 31, 2012
A typical day at work at Orange Coast College consisted of meeting with students with they came to the office with questions and directing them to the appropriate next step in the financial aid process. I learned a lot about the complexity of the financial aid system and about financial aid available in the community college system in California. Management was generally very positive and encouraging. The hardest part of the job was the frequent inability to assist students, as their problems required a specialist attention and the office was overloaded with work and lacking appropriate numbers of people to accommodate the demand. The most enjoyable part of the job was working on a college campus and being able to experience the process from a different perspective.
Pros
working on a college campus, pleasant independent work environment.
Cons
no health care, lost feeling due to lack of training, which could be attributed to both the complexity of the subject matter, and insufficient funding for the office
A great internship site
Medical Assistant Intern (Former Employee) –  Costa Mesa, CAMay 7, 2012
The 160 hour internship I finished at this site was very rewarding. I worked both in the front and back office. I roomed patients, obtained vital signs, conducted patient interviews, performed venipuncture, assisted in minor office procedures, assisted the doctor, set up patient appointments, ordered lab tests from outside labs, and checked the supply inventory. The nurses at the health center were great mentors and I was able to shadow their daily duties. I enjoyed every day that I worked at the clinic.

4.3