Orange Coast College Employee Reviews

Comfortable work place with understand staff
Teacher Aide (Current Employee) –  Costa Mesa, CAOctober 18, 2016
Working as a teacher's aide within the Sociology Department of Orange Coast College is great experience that compliments my education. Understanding staff and flexible hours allows for a comfortable work environment.
I loved working at the college that I was attending
Student Assistant (Former Employee) –  Costa Mesa, CASeptember 20, 2016
I loved working at the college that I was attending.

I worked as a Student Assistant. I worked around my school schedule. There was a lot of variety in my job. My supervisor was extremely nice.
Pros
I worked around my school schedule
Cons
After I graduated the job ended
Mediocre at best
Administrative Secretary (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CASeptember 13, 2016
My experience at OCC was unfortunately not a great one. It is a medium-sized community college with no sports to anchor it. Departments didn't work together to achieve goals.
Pros
Campus isn't overly large
Cons
Difficult to determine who does what
Interact campus that provides an array activities.
Part-time Instructor (Current Employee) –  Costa Mesa, CAAugust 16, 2016
it's an inclusive campus, I particularly enjoy working with the staff and I like to interact with students and being a part of their
maturation. It is a great place to get involve with the community.
Pros
Educational environment
Cons
not enough time to help students.
love my job
Recycling Center Cashier (Former Employee) –  Costa Mesa, CAJune 29, 2016
Working as a cashier at OCC is my first job and I'm grateful to get that position. I had to balance the draw everyday but it was not a hard task. My boss and his assistant are the best. I would not ask for a better experience.
Pros
nice people
Cons
noises
Good school
Website Manager./Basketball Coach (Current Employee) –  Costa Mesa, CAMay 16, 2016
Fine, committed people. School politics and cumbersome nature of multiple decision makers is maddening. Processes are outdated, and many people do not see the benefits of technology- almost fighting it.
Helpful workplace
Tutor (Current Employee) –  Costa Mesa, CAMay 14, 2016
• Collaborate with students, the instructors to determine student needs and goals.
• Provide feedback to students using positive reinforcement techniques to encourage, motivate and build confidence in students.
• Review class material with the student by discussing the text, working solutions to problems or reviewing worksheets or other assignments.
• Teach students study skills, note-taking skills and test taking strategies
Enjoyed working with the students
Photographic Lab Technician (Current Employee) –  Costa Mesa, CAJanuary 26, 2016
As a Lab Technician I was responsible for the operation and maintenance of the equipment and facilities in the Orange Coast Colleges School of Photography Fine Arts Building.

The functional areas of my duties included both a photographic darkroom and enlarging equipment and a computer lab. At any given time there was 10 to 100 students using the facilities during my shifts.

My immediate supervisor was a full time employee of Orange Coast College, and there were about a dozen other Lab Technicians also working for the School of Photography at that time.
Pros
Parking passes for Lab Technicians
Cons
old, small, and outdated facilities
Working here for as long as I have has had me be good at what I do compared to when I started
Office Assistant (Current Employee) –  Costa Mesa, CAJanuary 19, 2016
A typical day includes coming into the office checking messages, preparing folders for the counselors and inputting,filing back and anything in between with calling students to cancel appointments, entering information into the database and distributing bus passes for students.
Best Job Ever
Student Advisor (Former Employee) –  Counseling/Outreach/Transfer CenterOctober 6, 2015
I loved working for OCC. I was a full time student and part time employee. I transferred to a UC and transferred to a part time position in the counseling department. The pay is great and every employee on campus loves their role. They care about student success.
A great student job
Hourly Instructional Support (Former Employee) –  Costa Mesa, CAAugust 3, 2015
I had this job as a student, and it was a great introduction into the educational sector. I was able to support the education of over a hundred students by maintaining and preparing their laboratory classes. I was even able to support the early part of education with this position, and while direct advancement may be difficult, this position opened up opportunities for me later in my education and career progression.
Orange Coast College
Front Office (Former Employee) –  Costa Mesa, CAMay 18, 2015
I have learned a lot in Orange Coast College.

Filed and maintained records according to specifications and procedures.
Transmitted information or documents to customers, using computer, mail, and facsimile machine.
Performed general office duties such as, filing, data entry, and routed incoming mail.
Scheduled appointments, and maintained and updated appointment calendars ensuring that appointments were maintained.
Office work
Student Assistant (Former Employee) –  Costa Mesa, CAApril 23, 2015
I gained a great knowledge of an office experience, both phone and fax machine, and I bettered my computer skills. I also learned how to answer both out coming and incoming calls.
A great place to work.
Professor (Former Employee) –  Costa Mesa, CAMarch 27, 2015
This is a job that surrounds me with colleagues who all treat me as a true friend with appreciation and respect. I am considered a valuable asset to them and I enjoy having the environment found there.
Pros
See Above
Cons
There aren't any
Fun Little Job
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Costa Mesa, CAJanuary 28, 2015
I worked for them for a semester and had lots of fun there. My coworkers were great! Friendly, fun, intelligent, and hard-working. Management was fantastic! We knew what was expected of us and we also knew that we could come to our manager with anything, whether is was work-related or even personal. Cool seasonal job. :)
Pros
Fun environment
Cons
low pay, no benefits, little to no room for advancement
Fun, Friendly Work Environment
Social Science Tutor (Former Employee) –  Costa Mesa, CADecember 19, 2014
Typical day involved tutoring students in social science and running the reception desk.

Fun, comfortable work environment.

Friendly staff and supervisors.

The most enjoyable part of the job was helping struggling students understand a difficult concept.
Orange coast college
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Costa Mesa, CANovember 25, 2014
I really do enjoy working here at the college it is just hard to find something full time in the specific department I work in. I love how I can attend classes here and then just walk over to the main building for work. I have met a lot of different people who work in all fields which has helped me grow and expand my schooling as well as knowledge.
Flexible, great co-workers
Wellness Program Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Costa Mesa, CAOctober 14, 2014
Flexible work environment, great co-workers, relaxed and plenty of opportunities
Very excellent work environement
Adjunct Faculty (Former Employee) –  Costa Mesa, CAOctober 13, 2014
The level of students in math is very high which made the job less challenging. The management is math-oriented and very academic.
Very health place to enjoy mathematizing.
Pros
Desent salary and very outstanding leadership.
Cons
None.
Warehouse work
Warehouse (Former Employee) –  Costa Mesa, CAJuly 18, 2014
Worked with a lot of the public and did a lot of warehouse funtions as well, I enjoyed working with this company.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Orange Coast College. Our community is ready to answer.

Orange Coast College Reviews by Location