Orange County's Credit Union Employee Reviews

Grate Stable Atmosphere
Helpdesk Specialist (Current Employee) –  Santa Ana, CASeptember 21, 2017
I am the first contact on the IT Helpdesk, my job duties includes using all channels such as phone calls, email etc. and to support and trouble shoot any and all issues within the technology department. Management encourages learning and advancement and will always give the tools to succeed. The most enjoyable part of my job is that i feel that i have a stronger set of skills now thanks to Orange County's Credit Union then I did before I was employed there.
Pros
Great management, always busy
Occu
Member Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CA 92620September 20, 2017
This company definitely taught me a lot and allowed me to gain knowledge I can take with me and apply to future career fields. The only reason I left is because I needed a career change that would allow me to use the skills I learned from my Criminal Justice degree.
Pros
Credit Union Associate Events
Cons
Short-staffed, and need more room for growth.
Orange County's Credit Union - bank tell position
Bank Teller (Former Employee) –  Santa Ana, CASeptember 5, 2017
It was a customer service position to help customer's with their banking needs. I had to balance daily, stay accurate, credit union freebies and being on time for the different hours needed for each time slot.
Pros
Credit union freebies, clothing and lunches and breakfast.
Cons
Having to work on Saturday.
Horrible
Former Employee (Former Employee) –  Santa Ana, CAAugust 25, 2017
HR is horrible. One person controls everything. Branches and back office talks trash to each other and lack of policies and procedures. Lots of rude employees and members
Dont walk the talk
Manager (Former Employee) –  Orange, CAAugust 7, 2017
They do allow autonomy
Some managers super nice
Lots of favoritism
HR only there to support management not the employee so you have no voice
Most enjoyable is pay is good
Hardest part is if you do well each year your goals go up
Took away all incentives- no motivation for cross-sales
Mostly friendly
Pros
Nice people and main office nice and bright
Cons
No incentives paid- preferential treament
Credit Union with a lost identity, high turnover and horrible pay
Employee (Former Employee) –  Long Beach, CAJanuary 23, 2017
A credit union that claims to be for the people and not profit, pushes its employees to work harder at product dumping than a commercial bank. If you are good at brown nosing and not questioning the executives, you'll succeed here. If you are a hard working individual who expects to be recognized by your performance, this is not the place. Many of the executives have no clue of what they are doing, your are expected to explain your accomplishments to them, the CEO only cares about her stack ranking in comparison to other credit unions, employees are underpaid and overpromised. Managers are given the burden of trying to justify the companies short comings and high turn over, with the employees and members.
A wolf in a sheeps coat! Many new employees with prior banking experience come in tired of working for banks that are out there to take the customers money. Soon after, they realize that its no different, at least the banks are honest about it.
Pros
Cons
Bad management, horrible system, underpaid employees
Opportunity
Member Service Representative II (Current Employee) –  Mission Viejo, CAJanuary 11, 2017
There is opportunity for advancement at OCCU. It's nice to feel like you're a person and not just a number, like what you get in a big corporation. Everyone who works there is very nice and generally wants to help you succeed if you do your due diligence. At times, management will be unavailable, so you either need to figure it out yourself, or reach out to another branch with an available manager, or call back office. Shared branching (other credit unions come into the branch and use OCCU's services, like deposit/withdraw, etc) is not the best thing in the world, either. Most of the shared branch members are nice, but there are a handful of them who give you a hard time and you aren't even a representative of their credit union.
miles
Retail Support Representative (Current Employee) –  Santa Ana, CA 92705November 30, 2016
good place to work if you have been in the cleaning business. It was a good experience. I would recommend for a part time job.
okay to work
Member Services Representative (Former Employee) –  Anaheim, CAOctober 25, 2016
For the short time that I worked for the OCCU, it was a great experience. It taught me a lot and it was different experience working for a credit union in comparison to bigger banking institutions. The benefits are amazing, starting pay is great, and it is not a complicated job but it is very strict.
Productive and Educational
Teller (Former Employee) –  Mission Viejo, CAJanuary 27, 2016
Very busy environment, always learning new things, and meeting new people every day. Overall enjoyed helping members and non-shared members resolve each of there issues each day.
Great employee loung
Consumer Loan Officer (Former Employee) –  Santa Ana, CANovember 20, 2015
No real leadership for growth.
The manager they have in place in credit is unable to take them to the next level.
No more to tell.
Pros
They have great idea's
Cons
No action plans
come in and always would know what i was doing
Data and Technology Imaging Technician (Former Employee) –  Santa Ana, CAOctober 8, 2015
fun company with supportive management team and executives and staff that really care about their members who bank with them.
Benefits
Cons
restructuerd and lost my job
Great place to work, but lower in pay than some
Teller (Current Employee) –  Mission ViejoFebruary 22, 2015
I love the work culture and team environment here. I only wish they paid better. I transferred from another CU because my family relocated and I had to take a pay cut. I tried to negotiate to receive my pay from the other CU and they would not budge. My choice was to either take the pay cut or move with no job.
Others that have applied did not accept their offers because of a similar reason. It is unfortunate, but other than that, I do love working here.
Pros
Friendly co-workers, work culture, team environment, work/ life balance
Cons
Lower pay, hard to transfer/ move up
Managing members and other associates.
Member Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Yorba Linda, CAApril 29, 2014
At Orange County's Credit Union I assisted members in a variety of ways. The most common task is opening up new accounts for members, including Trust accounts, Business accounts, and Minor accounts. Another popular service is applying for and funding loans, whether they be Personal loans or Auto loans. Throughout the day many members come into the branch for assistance with their accounts or to have maintenance performed. At the end of the day I manage the tellers in their balancing process and then set the alarm and lock the door on our way out.
Wonderful start to a business career
Branch Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Santa AnaMarch 28, 2014
The management team will spend time and money to develop your interpersonal and financial skills. Good place to gain basic business skills. Excellent team environment.
Pros
8 hour days
Cons
Not a lot of turnover in upper positions, so you can get stuck.
Fun working environment.
Call Center Representative (Former Employee) –  Santa Ana, CAFebruary 12, 2014
Fun fast paced working environment with friendly upbeat co workers.
An Awesome Place To Work.
Teller (Former Employee) –  Santa Ana, CAJanuary 18, 2014
I had nothing but fond memories of this place where I was working. The people, the culture, and the opportunities are great. I wish I could go back to it.
COMPLIANCE OFFICER (Current Employee) –  Santa Ana, CANovember 6, 2013
review regulations, assisting department with compliance and/or quality control related items.
Pros
Na
Cons
Na
A great company with employee thoughts and needs in mind.
Teller (Former Employee) –  Santa Ana, CAApril 22, 2012
This was a great company to work for. While I only got the pleasure of working with them for 5 months I know that this company always had the employee's best interests in mind. I was a teller for Orange County's Credit Union, taking payments as well as making deposits and withdrawals for members. Everyone who I worked with from the training team to my day to day team where great people with the best attitudes.
Pros
amazing company, employee's opinions in consideration.
Cons
lack of policy enforcement
Enjoyed my time with the Credit Union
Assistance Vice President, Mortgage Lending (Current Employee) –  Santa Ana, CAMarch 29, 2012
Gave me the opportunity to learn different areas than my background.
Pros
fairly new facilities
Cons
no balance in work and life. long hours.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Orange County's Credit Union. Our community is ready to answer.

Orange County's Credit Union Reviews by Location