Orange County Fire Authority Employee Reviews

Emergency Transport Technician
Emergency Transport Technician (Current Employee) –  San Clemente, CAApril 23, 2017
Providing the 911 transports for the city of San Clemente. BLS assessments, assisting ALS personnel. Station and apparatus maintenance. Patient lifting and transporting.
Great career
Fire Captain (Former Employee) –  Yorba Linda, CAAugust 3, 2016
I spent the last 32 years with the Orange County Fire Authority. Great career with lasting memories. Very progressive but still conservative in some areas as a full service fire agency.
Pros
The People
Cons
Governing Board
Very educational place to work
Fire Community Relations/Education Specialist (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CAJune 25, 2016
I learned so much about the fire service and life safety.Colleagues were very knowledgeable about fire and drowning prevention and disaster preparedness.

The most enjoyable part of the job was working with the community, school and other city organizations.
up all night but saving lives
Orange County Reserve Firefighter (Current Employee) –  Dana Point, CAOctober 20, 2014
not enough pay for what we do. and not able to spend time with family.
Pros
schedule
Cons
not enough pay
Retail Sales Associate/Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CAOctober 13, 2014
Cutting manual and weekly A/P checks.
Preparing daily cash & check deposits for the bank.
Petty Cash- keeping control on cash disbursement and receipts.
Train new hires to perform front office duties.
Answer telephones and assist with visitors.
Great Department
Emergency Transport Technician - Auxiliary (Current Employee) –  Irvine, CASeptember 29, 2014
Great fire department, hard working crews! I am an entry level employee, working towards a career in the fire service. It has been an honor and a privilege working for OCFA.
Great place to work, but a little bit of a slow environment...
Executive Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CANovember 14, 2013
I would manage a multi-million dollar budget on a daily basis, create forms to create accountability, procedures to follow to help manage spending, and reports to submit so that upper management would be abreast of the I.T. department budget.
Managed several projects dealing with I.T. department. Kept the office supplies ordered and in stock, managed incoming appointments, overall general office responsibilities.
Pros
Loved working in this environment.
Cons
Slow paced.
Executive Secretary (Former Employee) –  Orange, CAJune 3, 2013
I served in many departments at Rockwell i.e. Manufacturing, Secretary, Expeditor, Tool Crib buyer. I enjoyed this job very much.
Pros
Lay-off
Cons
Fringe benefits