Orange County Sanitation District Employee Reviews

mailroom
Office Assistant/ mail room assistant (Current Employee) –  Fountain Valley, CAApril 5, 2016
i would arrive at the Orange county sanitation district every morning on time, open the mail room and sort through all the checks and packages. open and set up conference rooms, cover reception, deliver mail in orderly manner. cover the copy room.
Pros
learning new experiences
Cons
my coworkers were very unhappy there.
Great Place to Work, learn and contribute
Public Relations Intern (Current Employee) –  Fountain Valley, CAJuly 21, 2014
Great team with good synergy. The culture fosters open communication and collaboration of a variety of projects. My confidence increased professionally because of others' faith, patience and support.
Pros
family feel, team environment
Cons
Distance to commute
This is a very hard place to work.
Safety and Health Representative (Former Employee) –  Fountain Valley, CAJune 23, 2014
There were six other people working in this position before me. They all were either fired or left. There is more drama in the agency than "Peyton Place". On my first day, I was warned to watch out for my manager. This place is like a bad piece of fruit. You do not know it until you bite into it. The people will smile in your face and stab you in the back. I moved from another state to take this position. OCSD sought me out. I was the best thing since slice bread when I arrived. One of my former co-workers told me the running office joke is 'do not get close to the new hires, they aren't here long." I was doing all of the work they asked me to do, including correcting all of their mistakes. I had only been there a month when I was let go and when I asked in the exit interview why? I was not given a "real" answer. I was told I was a probationary employee. On the way to my car, I was told I made someone mad. How and who I was never told. I did only my job. I came to work on time and left when I was suppose to leave. I had no conflicts and was really caught off guard with this. What goes around comes around is what I said when I left.
Pros
Flex Days
Cons
There is no loyalty or trust in this department.
Responsible custodian of the environment.
IT Analyst II (Former Employee) –  Fountain Valley, CAJune 3, 2014
Half of my day focused on answering help desk calls with a "First Call Resolution" as the goal. The remainder of my day was spent managing more challenging help desk tickets.
Over time I developed soft skills to elevate the client experience and reduce the duration of down time.
Management actively reviewed my daily tasks and encouraged long term educational goals.
My co-workers were always supportive and willing to help.
The greatest challenge was to manage the volume of calls to the help desk.
Positive client feedback kept the wind in my sails.
Pros
Satisfaction at the end of every work day.
Cons
Some days the call volume was overwhelming.
Stable work environment.
Tech (Current Employee) –  Fountain Valley, CAMay 9, 2014
Great culture and work environment. Management could use some new blood.
Great Career Opportunity
Wastewater Treatment Plant Operator Intern (Current Employee) –  Fountain Valley, CANovember 17, 2013
It's just your typical third largest wastewater plant west of the Mississippi River. A typical day at work is fantastic, I truly enjoy working in the water industry. I have learned so much there that it would be impossible to go into here. Management and co-workers are great, they treat you like family and they give you all the support and information necessary to insure your success. The hardest part of the job is taking in all the information there is, and it is considerable, but it is challenging and rewarding. The most enjoyable part of the job is getting to work with a great group of individuals that love their careers and are willing to help you achieve whatever level of success you plan to aim for.
Pros
The people, the people, the people
Cons
The only thing I can think of is it is in Orange County and I live in Riverside County
Great for job security
Safety Representative (Current Employee) –  Fountain Valley, CAJanuary 11, 2013
The pay is great, but the benefits and benefits after retirement are not the greatest. There is a pension; however, it has been greatly reduced from most pension plans. Almost better just to be able to manage your own retirement. Depending on the department you work for, it is pretty laid back and easy going. The safety culture there is to the extreme, but nice to be apart of.

2.8