Orange Lake Resort Employee Reviews

Changing culture of the place
Server/Waiter (Former Employee) –  Kissimmee, FLJuly 17, 2017
It use to be more employee friendly place but it has became more about surveys and people scared of guest and losing their jobs about customer complaints instead of providing a safe and fun enviroment for family
benefits
Cons
lack of backing from management staff
Fun place to work
Quality Service Specialist (Current Employee) –  Kissimmee, FLJune 27, 2017
Orange Lake is a fun place to work, very family oriented. You are very well taken care of by their management team. What I love most about my position is having the opportunity to coach new agents.
Pay is too low for the amount of work needing done
Inventory Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Kissimmee, FLJune 21, 2017
Orange Lake was a great place to work for. The pay is extremely too low for the amount of work that needs to be done on a daily basis. Management can use a little more training so that the teams are managed in a more professional way.
Productive, fast paced environment
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Kissimmee, FLJune 7, 2017
I would arrive at 6:45 am. We would meet with one or two clients during our day. We had two hours to sell them a timeshare during that time period. Clients were not allowed to come back and purchase. It was stressful but I believed in the product and loved the resort. We usually ended our day around 1 pm. The hardest part of the job was the cut throat part. The best part of the job was selling..
Pros
Short Hours but extremely mental
Cons
Cut throat
lots of opportunities and great enviroment
HR Temp (Former Employee) –  Kissimmee, FLJune 6, 2017
Great diversity and fun team to work with, learned a lot in the 5 months that I was there.
It was always busy and fast paced with lots of opportunity to learn more.
Everyone was very helpful and courteous.
As for the hardest part I cannot discuss as it's confidential.
The most enjoyable part of the job was meeting people from all over the world and being able to make a difference in someone life, very gratifying.
Pros
Looking forward to go to work as everyone was always happy
Cons
personal
Good place to work part time.
CT Retail Cashier (Former Employee) –  Kissimmee, FLJune 4, 2017
Was looking for fulltime - had multiple occasions were I was sick and was needing to have sick days off, was not 100% happy but was able to work well.
Fast paced
Deeding Clerk II (Current Employee) –  Kissimmee, FL 34747June 1, 2017
Fast paced environment, close attention to detail. Auditing deeds and mortgages for 9 states and 13 locations. Printing, notarizing, and proofing all deeds and mortgages. Correcting errors and answering emails efficiently and promptly.
Pros
Hotel discounts
Cons
over crowded work space
Holiday inn Club Vacation
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLMay 30, 2017
A company t hat will help you grow, that rewards you for all your hard work. Acknowledges your efforts and always looks out for each employee that works with the company.
Very focus orianted environment
Skip Tracer/Collector (Former Employee) –  Kissimmee, FLMay 22, 2017
You must be 100% committed and open to change as they give you little to none of notice. The communication with Management most of the times gets you nowhere if you are trying to work out on issues going on internally
Pros
Team Builders, free food
Cons
no growth
It was a fun place to work
MARKETING AGENT (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLMay 21, 2017
During a typical day, I interacted with about 30 to 50 guests. I like that part about the job because I like being friendly and help people. The only setback from this job was the hours. The hours were conflicted with my school schedule.
opportunities
Front desk agent (Current Employee) –  Kissimmee, FLMay 7, 2017
Chose to promote people from within. Management was very honest with the employees and it is a huge property. The sales team was very aggressive and housekeeping caused more problems.
Review
Call Transfer Agent (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLMay 3, 2017
High stress enviroment, Fast space work, Customer calls are many, but the people working there were nice and helpful to me. And a good friend of mine still works there due to how much he makes with them
Pros
High pay, Friendly co-worker
Cons
High stress
great place to work beautiful resort with a great atmosphere
Customer Service Safety Officer (Former Employee) –  Kissimmee, FLApril 25, 2017
I worked in the customer service field in helping the guest. I also assist in lost prevention, I do dispatching and crowd control. I also train new hires. I assist in Key entries for guest and safe assist as well. I work side by side with managers to insure the safety of fellow co-workers and guests.
Pros
discount lunches, great staff, end of the year holiday parties and employee appreciation celebrations
Lifeguard
Lifeguard/Outside Guest Services (Former Employee) –  Winter Garden, FLApril 19, 2017
Was a shallow water lifeguard for two slides and a lazy river. The guests of the park had to pay for the tubes for the lazy river and our managers wanted us to physically take tubes away from people floating on them in the lazy river who did not have a wristband. The park should not have charged guests for tubes and just included them with the admission. Guests got so angry and fought with the lifeguards about it. Eventually I just stopped taking tubes because I was tired of getting screamed at every day.
fun workplace
Lifeguard (Former Employee) –  Kissimmee, FLMarch 20, 2017
Its a fun workplace. You get to meet people from different cultures and countries. The management was ok. I would recommend to high school students are someone who wants a part time job.
Telemarketing Environment
Call Transfer Agent (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLFebruary 27, 2017
At Orange Lake just like the 2 previous jobs I learned how to paint to paint the picture over the phone for the prospect. Since we were selling vacation packages for the timeshare resort, it is imperative that the prospect sees the value in at least considering vacation ownership. As well as doing the 90 minute tour, and look at their options once they were at the resort.
Growing company good people
Network Administrator IV (Current Employee) –  Kissimmee, FLFebruary 10, 2017
Great technical environment. Good people and management. Great benefits. Open environment with collaboration of teams to get the job done. Expanding across the country with new sites.
professional fun place to work
Server Assistant (Current Employee) –  Kissimmee, FLJanuary 3, 2017
A busy pace environment which could be overwhelming but with great management team, I find the necessary knowledge to complete the tasks. Each day is different so it is not boring.
Orange Lake
SALES CONSULTANT (Former Employee) –  Kissimmee, FLDecember 17, 2016
Being a sales consultant at Orange Lake is challenging. Your day starts at 7:00 am and you could be there until 11am or 6pm, you never know. If I had to sell timeshares this resort is one of the nicest resorts in the country to do that.
Productive and fun work place
Corporate Contract Processor (Former Employee) –  Kissimmee, FLOctober 13, 2016
My day normally started at 2pm. When I walked in most of the time the phones were ringing, everyone had a deal to be input on the their desk with other deals waiting to be input. That would be a majority of our day. Once that was done we had files to audit and process and owners to call for any contract challenges. Also, there was a lot of mail from the other resorts to go through daily. We had to sort through files, paperwork from the other sites and from owners and mail outs that had to be processed and checked. Overall it kept me busy all day.
Pros
free lunches, hotel discounts, pay
Cons
Turn around for this position very high, not enough people to do everything, long hours