Orange Lake Resort

Orange Lake Resort Employer Reviews

Fun work place
Housekeeping Supervisor (Current Employee), Kissimmee, FLFebruary 24, 2015
Pros: n/a
The challenges that I have everyday. I have learn to use my psychology with my co-workers so that work could be done.The most enjoyable part of the job is seen the guest happy.
productive fast pace work place
Lead Receptionist II (Current Employee), Kissimmee, FLJanuary 29, 2015
At Orange Lake I am a lead. I help host monthly meeting with my staff; work closely with upper management including the vice president making sure things run smoothly and according to policies. Helped open the founders club and customer care department in sales. Tested new program called SMART for sales for bettering our wheel system. Answer phones and collect messages from guest and sales reps.
cooking fun
Chef (Former Employee), FLDecember 3, 2014
Pros: yes
Cons: no
it was a great pleace to work hade to think a lot and be smart to get what u want to do or get also theyn are family ppl if u hade any typr of problem they would help no matter what. I star from the ground up as a dish washer and in tree months or so I be came a chef im a fast learner that's what they like about me aqnd everyone else.
Fast Paced & Analitical
HR Coordinator (Former Employee), Kissimmee, FLDecember 1, 2014
Pros: good compensation
Cons: no work-life balance
Reviewing Documents, developing new business strategies, benefits administration, strategy analysis for wellness programs...etc...

HR laws and administration, Wellness Coordination, recruiting, timesharing, hospitality...

Great interaction with management and co-workers.

Administering HR Benefits for 3000+ employees by myself can be hard at times.

Developing strategies to help the company maintain a low cost on benefits while helping employees attain a healthier lifestyle in a fun way.
Positive work environment with lots of room for learning and development
Human Resources Coordinator II (Current Employee), Kissimmee, FLOctober 19, 2014
When I moved to Florida in 2009, I did so without a job. Orange Lake was the first company to call me for an interview. I took the job they offered and it has been an amazing journey in my development as a leader ever since. I've been fortunate enough to receive several promotions since 2009 and will continue to advance and develop until another company can persuade me away.

Mondays are the best day of the week for me. I get to flex my training and facilitating muscles for our new hire class with some typical classroom instruction and a 2.5 hour long property tour. I'm looking for a career that can provide more opportunity in training team members and facilitating programs.
Great business environment
Recreation Cashier (Former Employee), Kissimmee, FLOctober 10, 2014
Pros: calm environment
Cons: a bit far from kissimmee
This job was great, good hours, great pay and sofisticated guest great food and co workers.
Nice two golf cours
General Manager (Former Employee), Orlando, FLSeptember 18, 2014
Pros: family enjoy the lazy river
Cons: no 401k
Am to Pm,
Learn about timeshare
no support
great team members they all care
Owner's think they own you too
Love the restaurant
Productive company
Customer service representative (Former Employee), Orlando, FLSeptember 8, 2014
Good company that helps people make vacations come true through time shares.
HORRIBLE nightmare
Coordinator (Former Employee), Kissimmee, FLAugust 29, 2014
Pros: does not apply!
Cons: mostly everything
This has been BY FAR the worst company I've worked for. Poor (I would even say lack of) management, very disrespectful and rude, and not to mention a whole bunch of backstabbers, from the co-workers to the immediate supervisors to Human Resources. There's no one there to watch your back and it doesn't matter how much you excel in your daily tasks, they always find something wrong. Harassers and bullies are compensated instead of penalized. Organization is non-existent, micromanagement (and not the "acceptable" one) is in place from the very moment you walk in, and even on my days off I would still be micromanaged. They won't train you and if they do it is very poorly, but they'll be expecting you to work as if you have been given the best of training ever!!! I'm telling you, if you can stay away from this company, please do. If not, once you are in, it's just you. That family feel thing they promote, is no longer part of their culture AT ALL!!!! (unless they are talking about a very dysfunctional one)
Team work
Manager (Current Employee), Orlando FloridaAugust 24, 2014
While here I have moved up and learned alot. I can open a resort with many untis and get them distributed out fairly, I love the guest interaction and leading my team.
Worst place I've ever worked - Hostile Working Environment - Lack of Leadership - Micromanaging from non management staff - Sr. Engineer
Sr. Engineer (Former Employee), Orange Lake OrlandoJuly 19, 2014
Pros: not applicable
Cons: lack of equipment resources, poor facilities, complete lack of leadership and effective communication, childish and insecure behavior from middle management personnel, backstabbing and targeting of new employees, high turnover rate.
OLCC is by far the worst place I've ever worked. Complete lack of leadership at all levels. Excessive micromanagement and backstabbing by non management personnel. Disgusting facility, insufficient resources and equipment to perform essential job functions.

I would highly advise against anyone accepting a highlevel position there.

As a Sr. Engineer I was immediately targeted as a threat by other non management team members within a week. The tension at the workplace could be cut with a knife as employees didn't have the resources or processes necessary to perform their jobs.

Multiple team members that hated each other and controlling micromanaging BA SCRUM master. Team members swearing and arguing in the IT department. I was frowned upon and became an easy target when I addressed this type of behavior as unacceptable to a non hostile working environment.

Thank the lord they found me to be, 'not a great fit' as I probably would've ended up throwing myself off the second story balcony had I continued to have to deal with the childish, insecure, sociopathic behavior displayed by some of the individuals on their IT staff.

It took me more than two weeks to get close to acquiring the equipment resources I needed to effectively do my job at which point I still didn't have what I needed.

The last engineer that had my position before me actually just got up and left without notice or coming back. The first day I got there the Product Manager resigned clearly because of conflict from aggressive micro managing middle management. Very high turn over rate.

Many large national IT Staffing companies have chosen not to work with OLCC due largely in part to their unprofessional conduct and poor reputation.

Run!
Fun work place
Fleet Operations Manager (Former Employee), Kissimmee, FLMay 4, 2014
Pros: vacation time
Cons: poor management
Company is heading in the right direction, but they are now very corporate and no longer has a family feel to them anymore.
Great Team
Server (Current Employee), Kissimmee, FLFebruary 9, 2014
Pros: we get a free lunch as well as great health bennifits and discounts to other atractions.
Always come in ready to serve my guest and make them feel like there wanted and family to us. Everyday i learn something new from either a guest or co worker. Such as how to make the guest connection, and make my guest have a great vacation.I love my managment team they always put a smile on my face and make me feel important to the company. I love my job because my guest interactions. I am very much a people person and love to interact with my guest.
ok place to work
Club Counselor/ Owner Support (Current Employee), kissimmee flJanuary 12, 2014
It is a ok place to work. I just need to be able to work from home
A day at Orange Lake Resort
General Maintenance Tech II (Current Employee), Kissimmee, FLJanuary 7, 2014
A typical day at work at Orange Lake Resort as a General Maintenance Tech is to attend a daily meeting to go over daily tasks, any particular issues, and discuss any complaints and how to avoid them in the future. Throughout the day, I serviced any maintenance calls as fast and efficient as I could, leaving the guests satisfied with the results. The work environment at the Resort is pleasant, cooperative between all co-workers & personal. We all worked towards a common goal which is making the guests stay enjoyable and make sure they highly rated our work.
Not much room for advancement and not organized
Customer Care Specialist (Current Employee), Orlando, FLAugust 7, 2013
Orange Lake is a great company to work for however they lack organization skills because of that they can not maintain a steady work schedule which does conflict with the life and work balance. As a student it is difficult to manage classes and work when we do not have much flexibility to work with since one day you may be scheduled to work at 8 am and the following day you are scheduled for 4 pm. The management team attempts to work with you but because they do not have a steady work schedule it is difficult for them to keep track of their teams and the progress of each individual.

Overall, it is a great experience to work with guests and to know that because of our hard work they are able to have a pleasant and very enjoyable vacation with their friends and family and it is nice to know that we could bring that to them.
Productive fun place to work
Server/Trainer (Former Employee), Kissimmee, FLAugust 2, 2013
To give excellent costumer service to all and work in a fast working environment.
Great atmosphere
Pool Attendant (Former Employee), Kissimmee, FLJuly 15, 2013
This company provided an engaging and entertaining atmosphere for its employees.
beutiful place nice to work
Out Property Consultant (Former Employee), Kissimmee, FLMay 21, 2013
Pros: it such a big company
Cons: n/a
always it was something new .
sometimes new obgrait or new benefits
Fun place to work
Customer Service (Current Employee), Kissimmee, FLMay 2, 2013
Working at Orange Lake is like working with family. You meet family and guest from all over the work. And the restaurants there are amazing! Truly a great place to work and to enjoy your vacation.

Orange Lake Resort Photos