Orange Lake Resort Employee Reviews in United States

Long days, little pay
Contracts Processor II (Former Employee) –  Kissimmee, FLJuly 2, 2016
All around Holiday Inn is a great company to work for, especially the AWESOME employee discounts on hotels! However, the pay is not well unless you get into the sales department.
Pros
Management, Atmosphere
Cons
Pay, Hours
professional work place
Assisting guests (Current Employee) –  orlandoMay 17, 2016
The company has global business in the commuinity,Very good working environment and good place to improve and grow.
I advise every person who want to start his sale career job,to start in orange lake resort.
Pros
free breakfast
good work place
Resort Service Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Kissimmee, FLAugust 4, 2016
It was like working with family. Ever one help you and explained the work tittle . Gave great and understanding training, great medical benefits. Managers were very friendly and nice to work with.
okay
Account Specialist (Former Employee) –  Kissimmee, FLJuly 3, 2016
Working for orange lake was great. I just didn't like the fact the supervisor made me feel uncomfortable cause i was the only black female in her department
Company that is growing
Manager of Corporate Events (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLSeptember 16, 2015
I loved my job. There were three parts to my job, planning and executing events for the employees and some of the guests, administering the employee rewards and recognition programs and working with the companies charitable organizations. The most enjoyable parts of my job were seeing the faces of the employees when they attended the recognition events and working with the charities. I have made some great connections working alongside my colleagues and they will stay with me. The company is growing and changing from the family feel that it had when I came on board and is getting a more corporate feel.
Pros
discounted room nights
Biggest property of its kind, fun place to work
Maintenance technician (Former Employee) –  Kissimmee, FLNovember 28, 2015
An expansive property that continues to change and be innovative. I really liked the extra activities that took place through the year.
Pros
Great company
Cons
Weekend working
Orange Lake is a great place to work
Mktg CC Coordinator / Admin Asst II (Former Employee) –  Kissimmee, FLAugust 11, 2015
Orange Lake Resort is a great company to work for. They get involved with their community and with their employees. It is a fun and good work place with supportive management who help their employees get where they want to go in their careers.
Pros
Reasonable hours, great company functions, award their employees very well, works well with schedule adjustments
Cons
Low pay with some jobs
Flexible
Retail/Recreation Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Kissimmee, FLSeptember 28, 2015
Flexible, good benefits, awesome chain of hotels. Good balance between life and work. Cross training opportunities. Good training program, seniority does not matter, and that might be a bad thing. Sometimes, team members are not appreciated
Love working with guest
Front Desk / Guest Services (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLAugust 20, 2015
I learned too much new things in Orange Lake because is my first experience working in a hotel environment (time share) and I have to say that it was so amazing this experience and plus the work that I'm doing now is awesome. Co-workers are the best !
Cons
short break
call center life
Club Counselor/Advisor (Current Employee) –  Kissimmee, FloridaJune 28, 2015
You really can't expect much from a call center role. Managers watching you're every move, timed down to the minute, told to become available, cell phones cant be on your desk. It's childish and the culture they foster is leading with a heavy fist. I cannot wait until a better opportunity comes around elsewhere.
Pros
Free soda and coffee
Cons
Monitored intensely
Inspector
Housekeeping Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Kissimmee, FLJuly 1, 2015
I think its a great place to work in, coming from the medical field. I may consider changing my major to the hospitality. Theres never a dull moment it keeps me on my toes. I just wish that we had more of a communication between departments.
Pros
the day goes by very quick
Cons
lack of communication between departments
It's exiting and fun
OPC MARKETING (TIMESHARE) (Former Employee) –  Kissimmee, FLSeptember 25, 2015
Working as a OPC agent its exiting and motivating , you keep tracking you goals at work until you get it , the only issue i had it the schedule .
Productive and a fun place to work in
Contract Processor 1 (Current Employee) –  Kissimmee, FLMay 6, 2015
A typical day at work for me is a really busy day at work. I learn something new everyday, preparing for a new challenge the next day. The most enjoyable part of my job is working with others, and meeting new people everyday, interacting with a large amount of people and helping them in any which way that I can.
Good people, good benefits, good culture, poor upper/executive level management.
Warehouse Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Kissimmee, FLMarch 22, 2015
Day-to-day warehousing operations including receiving/distributing food and beverage products. Assist in purchasing and product sourcing as business dictates. Ensuring top quality product while maintaining integrity of work space and storage areas.
Pros
flexible schedules, meal credits for most positions, great benefits and discounts, fantastic tuition reimbursement program.
Cons
upward mobility is hard to come by, upper management is short sighted and top-heavy, not enough support for mid-range staff and departments
Fun place to work
Laundry plant Sr Manager (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLMarch 24, 2015
 Inventory Control of linen
 Managing the preventative maintenance of all laundry
equipment.
 Hiring, training and managing the Human Resources in
the laundry.
 Performing all managerial duties like budgeting,
inventories and handling 50 staff members’ laundry
Responsible for the accuracy and timeliness of financial
data and statistics.
 Control expenses within area of responsibility,
 Develop and recommend department operating budget
and ensure the department operates within budget.
 Evaluate and justify supplies, equipment, and purchases
as needed.
 Maintain records and statistics for administrative and
regulatory purposes.
 Plan, organize, direct, coordinate, and supervise
functions and activities of the department.
 Develop new methods for increasing laundry efficacy
productive fast pace work place
Lead Receptionist II (Current Employee) –  Kissimmee, FLJanuary 29, 2015
At Orange Lake I am a lead. I help host monthly meeting with my staff; work closely with upper management including the vice president making sure things run smoothly and according to policies. Helped open the founders club and customer care department in sales. Tested new program called SMART for sales for bettering our wheel system. Answer phones and collect messages from guest and sales reps.
Great Company
Inbound Sales (Former Employee) –  Kissimmee, FLAugust 10, 2015
Great company to work for, the leadership and management is great. Every job i go to I learn from and I learned much with Orange Lake Resort.
Fast Paced & Analitical
HR Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Kissimmee, FLDecember 1, 2014
Reviewing Documents, developing new business strategies, benefits administration, strategy analysis for wellness programs...etc...

HR laws and administration, Wellness Coordination, recruiting, timesharing, hospitality...

Great interaction with management and co-workers.

Administering HR Benefits for 3000+ employees by myself can be hard at times.

Developing strategies to help the company maintain a low cost on benefits while helping employees attain a healthier lifestyle in a fun way.
Pros
good compensation
Cons
no work-life balance
Positive work environment with lots of room for learning and development
Human Resources Coordinator II (Current Employee) –  Kissimmee, FLOctober 19, 2014
When I moved to Florida in 2009, I did so without a job. Orange Lake was the first company to call me for an interview. I took the job they offered and it has been an amazing journey in my development as a leader ever since. I've been fortunate enough to receive several promotions since 2009 and will continue to advance and develop until another company can persuade me away.

Mondays are the best day of the week for me. I get to flex my training and facilitating muscles for our new hire class with some typical classroom instruction and a 2.5 hour long property tour. I'm looking for a career that can provide more opportunity in training team members and facilitating programs.
Great working environment
Accountant II (Current Employee) –  Kissimmee, FLApril 22, 2015
The company has a great potential financially for growth. Employee satisfactory is very important. Employees get great perks and discounts as well as free meals and outings.
Pros
Great potential for growth
Cons
n/a

Orange Lake Resort Reviews by Location