Orange Lake Resorts

Orange Lake Resorts Employer Reviews

Customer Service Supervisor (Former Employee), Kissimmee, FLJanuary 17, 2014
Pros: pay, benefits, team work
Cons: fight unemployment
Excellent work environment, good people, work ethic. Hardest part of the job is dealing with the public, however you adjust quickly.I enjoyed working in a professional environment.
great company
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee), Kissimmee, FLDecember 4, 2013
Pros: great customers
Cons: nothing
Came in to smiling and laughing management, would log into the system and look forward to speaking with the great customers.
excellent company
ACCOUNTING SPECIALIST I (Former Employee), kissimmee, flOctober 30, 2013
lost of room to move up within the company.
to bad I had to relocate to NYC and had to drop this job.
great benefits and weekly pay
Work somewhere else and believe nothing management says
Sales (Former Employee), Kissimmee, flOctober 21, 2013
Pros: peers
Cons: management, turnover rate, ethics, culture
In timeshare we call tours who tell us what we want to hear "strokers". Management is nothing but a bunch of strokers. They say they do a background check, yet I worked amongst convicted felons. They like them because they are the best hustlers out there. They know that humans deserve to be treated with more dignity but a paycheck means more to them – more... than another persons well being. Please do yourself a favor and pass this company up. You'll be happy you did. – less
good entry level company to work for
Default Document Coordinator (Current Employee), Kissimmee, FLOctober 2, 2013
Pros: hotel discounts
Cons: low salary, no opportunity for advancement
There is no opportunity for advancement.Salary is very low compared to other Timeshare companies. The PTO system now changed where you have to borrow time form the company to take time off.
Great Work Place
Corporate Contract Processor II (Former Employee), Kissimmee, FLSeptember 25, 2013
I really enjoyed working for Orange Lake Resorts. The company and staff brought so much to my attention and helped me learn and understand TimeShare sales. The staff is very hands on and helps you through any problem you may come across.
this place has alot of fun people to work with
Cook (Current Employee), Kissimmee, FLSeptember 18, 2013
The hardest part of working here is that it is seasonal and I'm only getting 30 hours at this point.
Used Timeshare Salespeople
Sales Agent (Former Employee), Orange Lake Resorts Orlando FlAugust 30, 2013
Pros: free breakfast, lunch, golf
Cons: i don't trust the managers or agents
When I was there they had no inventory.

I stayed on the bottom of this thing they called a wheel. If you were on page 3,4,5 you may never get a tour. The tours were given to the guys that drove a Ferrari.

I was selling 7-8 % of my tours that were mostly not good.

I got a dishwasher from NY who was on a trip with his group home. He did not seem to – more... read and write very well.

I also got a woman who claimed to own the whole state of West Virginia...she never made one payment.

I saw a young handsome guy pay a girl at the desk for a good tour
one morning. He drove a very expensive car.

I stood in front of the desk one day for 4 hours until they told everyone to go home. The training/sales manager came up to me and asked how my tour went? I told him I had no tour. He went in and asked about it then came out and said the girls had called my name. I never took my eyes off those people for 4 solid hours.

What a bunch of liars! – less
Holiday Inn Vacation Resort segment under the International Hotel Group
Resort General Manager (Former Employee), Brownsville, VTAugust 19, 2013
Pros: resorts in different areas of the us
Cons: small company
Orange Lake Resorts is a young vacation resort company with the home office located in Orlando. There are currently resorts in Orlando, FL, Myrtle Beach, SC, Brownsville, VT, Gatlinburg, TN, Panama City and Marco Island, FL and Galveston, TX
Great company
Server (Former Employee), Kissimmee, FLJuly 29, 2013
Pros: discounts
This company really cares for its employees, and that is shown from teh second you are hired on. Its a beautiful resort to work at, and a fun company to work for.
Nice Organization
Project Manager/Business Analyst (Current Employee), Orlando, FLJune 29, 2013
Pros: ihg discounts
Orange Lake Resorts is part of IHG Vacation Club group with 12 resorts throughout the united states. Nice environement to work in.
productive and fun to work
Maintenance Technician (Current Employee), Orlando, FLMay 13, 2013
Pros: free lunches
Cons: not enough pay
What I learned from working at Orange Lake was good customer service.
Beautiful place, not very good to work for.
Housekeeper (Former Employee), Brownsville, VTMarch 21, 2013
A day at work consisted of clocking in at 8:30, getting our cleaning supplies ready quickly, going to whatever building we needed to go to (there are 4 different buildings), sometimes going to multiple buildings through all weather conditions, cleaning 3 units a day was our goal (they are literally small houses, not just hotel rooms), we also never – more... knew if we would be getting out or work by 5:00 (it would depend on how many arrivals we had, how many employees showed up for work, etc).
I learned that I love to clean and do housekeeping, but I don't wish to do it for a living.
Management was my least favorite part in the time that I was employed there. There were so many things wrong, but nothing was ever done to help. I would never recommend my friends or family applying for employment there.
My co-workers were alright. Gossip was the worst part, but all-in-all I loved my co-workers and miss them dearly. most of them agreed that working there isn't healthy, but when you need money, it's hard to stand up for yourself.
The hardest part of the job was not knowing when we would be getting out of work. Sometimes we would get out a little early, sometimes we got out on time, and sometimes we didn't get out until 7:30/8:00pm. It was very stressful, especially for a recently married person.
The most enjoyable part about the job was not only was it something I enjoyed doing, but when I was happy at my job the days went by very fast! I loved doing the work and feeling like I was making the guests happy. – less
A family owned operation,
IT Service Desk Analyst (Former Employee), Kissimmee FLMarch 13, 2013
Pros: 4 day/10hr work week. team atmosphere
Cons: very long commute and traffic
My work day began at 7:00AM and as the staff began to show up for work my job got busier. Typicall I would field incomming phone calls, diagnose and resolve problems. In between phone calls I responded to emails sent to the help desk requesting problem solving or request for services.
Help desk mangement was excellent, and my co-workers were smart and – more... helpful.
Hardest part of the job was the 70 mile commute each day.
Most enjoyable part of the job was interaction with the clients and co-workers. – less
Worst job I've ever had
Analyst (Former Employee), OrlandoFebruary 24, 2013
Cons: everything
If you just need a paycheck and not a career, keep this as an option... otherwise, run! The location is horrible. The buildings are filthy. The benefits are not good - only $300 a year is matched for your 401K! The culture is the worst part, though. Backstabbing is encouraged, idiots are celebrated, and workhorses are denigrated. So, I suppose if you – more... are a backstabbing idiot, this place would work! For me, though, leaving was the best thing I've ever done. – less

Kurai – March 21, 2013

I've only ever had 2 bad jobs in my life, and this one took the cake for bad job #1. I was previously employed at the resort in Ascutney and by the time I finally grew a pair and quit, I was utterly miserable. If you DO just need the money, it IS a job, but if you're looking for a career you'll be happy with, steer clear.

great enviroment
houseman (Current Employee), Gatlinburg, TNFebruary 12, 2013
i live an hour away therefore not really worth the drive for 9 an hour
A entrepreneurial environment layered with an emerging company culture.
INDEPENDENT CONSULTANT (Current Employee), Florida and VermontMay 15, 2012
No two days are ever alike.
Developing projects across the nation has taught me a great deal about respecting the cultures and values in each market.
The most enjoyable part of the job is connecting with owners and guests, fellow team members, HOA members, and others at all levels of the organization every day.
I take pride in knowing I am a part of – more... the collaborative effort that has achieved Gold Crown status at each Resort and the Orange Lake Resort & Country Club's designation as a Project of Excellence. – less

About Orange Lake Resorts

One resort company likes orange lakes just as much as blue ones. Through a partnership with¬†¬†InterContinental Hotels Group, Orange – Read more

Orange Lake Resorts Photos