Orange Lake Resorts Employee Reviews

No recognition or advancement
Quality Assurance Specialist (QA) (Current Employee) –  Kissimmee, FLApril 19, 2017
Although it is said that there is much room for advancement I have seen the reality. There is a lot of catty issues that should not be in a work place (created by upper management).
Pros
You can work on your own
Cons
catty unnecessary drama, No real help to advance
Sales
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVFebruary 22, 2017
This place is a nightmare. The guy with one eye is a fool and he loves to mess with all the young chica's. Sales support is a nightmare. Hopefully things will get better.
Pros
Spiffs
Cons
Everything about upper management
Hourly Plus Commision
Vacation Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Winter Garden, FLFebruary 14, 2017
Built report for prospective customers to build relationship.
● Maintained productive relationships with existing customers through exceptional follow-up
after sales.
● Completed documentation for product and service sales.
● Generated high volume of referrals. Kept showroom professional and neat at all times.
● Established new customer accounts. Informed management of special sales and service
issues.
● Evaluated competitors and performed market research.Achieved over $8,000 monthly sales
goals. (Take Home)
Orannge lake helped me earn enough money to get by during the time.
Housekeeper, Maids and Housekeeping Cleaners (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJanuary 21, 2017
It was a nice place to work at but its time for me to change jobs. I learned to be patient wit others. I also learned to be there for others.
What A Waste of My Time
IT (Former Employee) –  Kissimmee, FLJanuary 17, 2017
I worked here and it was the worst experience for my career. The management core care nothing about the their employees. They work in their own little pack. Every month they host a U B4 Me event which is a waste of time. When I interviewed with them, it felt like a tight team/family but that changed once I was hired. The only department this company cares about is the call agents and sales. I will never advise an IT person to apply there. The pay is low and benefits sucks. What a waste of my time there.
Pros
Didn't see any.
Cons
Culture, Call Center, Loyalty
coolplace for fami
Recreation/Retail Associate (Current Employee) –  Kissimmee, FLJanuary 3, 2017
nice place to stay, wish some stuff would stay open longer but other than that the entire resort is beautiful and the employees are very helpful. love it
Not a place to work for
Housekeeping Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Kissimmee, FLDecember 26, 2016
The company does not care about their employees, And the pay is low compare to other companies.The managers are okay but the ones that are in a high position dont care for their employees expecially in housekeeping department.
Cons
They block days so you cant request days off
Fun place to work
Senior Director of Financial Services (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLDecember 7, 2016
Orange Lake resorts provide everyone an opportunity to grow and learn new skills. Management takes great pride ensuring each leader provides each team member the tools needed to be successful.
Pros
Opportunities
Cons
Long drive for most team members
Growing company
Enterprise Data Administrator (Former Employee) –  Kissimmee, FLNovember 23, 2016
Activities daily are diverse. The company is growing and with growth, there are expected challenges. Employees are great. In some cases, the "small shop" mentality was a bit challenging
Great Place to Work
Collector (Former Employee) –  Kissimmee, FLNovember 2, 2016
I worked in collections and ALL manager were great, real, approachable, kind, supportive and made me feel happy to be apart of the team. I personally felt if I stayed I could have achieved great things its just simply a great company.
Pros
Lots of incentives, fun activites and felt like family
Cons
Cubicles too close.
Great place to work for tiemshare industry
Collections & Customer Service Dept (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLSeptember 8, 2016
Excellent place to work, Great management team, everyday you learn something new and co workers a great family. Company is growing faster every month.
Pros
Great team work
Cons
Healthcare
Really nice enviroment to work
Food Runner/Expo (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLAugust 24, 2016
It was a nice to work at and all the employees are really friendly, I learned alot while working here at orange lake resorts like management,serving, busing and expoing
good
Line Cook (Former Employee) –  Kissimmee, FL 34747July 31, 2016
the culture was great.guest were very nice. needed a little more help with more employees at the location. but overall it was good.
Not a real sales job
Elite Sales (Former Employee) –  Lee, MAJuly 19, 2016
Read of a script verbatim to potential customers and get them in front of a manager who will close the sale. Overly aggressive tactics. Sell as much as you can to anyone with a heartbeat. Perfect if you have no interest in your customer and don't have a conscience.
Pros
Lots of training.
Cons
Memorizing a script.
Very rewarding
Child Care Specialist (Former Employee) –  Kissimmee, FLJune 29, 2016
Great company and great people I worked with. A very awarding position working with the sales department and taking care of kids of future time share owners.
Fun and calming place to work
Hostess at Breezes Restaurant (Former Employee) –  Kissimmee, FLJune 8, 2016
The wide range of people that visit there from all over the United States and the world made it a fun place to work. As a hostess I got t talk and joke around with guests, find out more about them and attend to any of their needs and questions. The management was fine nothing bad to say about them. I learned a lot about the restaurant industry as well as customer service. My co workers were fun and supportive. The hardest part was trying to keep everything clean and organized during a rush but that was about it.
Pros
free meal and flowing environment
Awesome place to work at!
Engineer/Repair Tech (Former Employee) –  Kissimmee, FLMay 25, 2016
Working at orange lake resorts not only felt like i was in vacation everyday but the working environment was great, i learn to work with many professionals at the sight as well learn new trades like plumbing and electrician. over all the best job ive ever had, too bad i had to move back to the big city of New York do to finances.

I wish the pay was a lot better, but defiantly a happy place to work at! if i ever would to move back ill got back in a heart beat!
Pros
Perfect evnvitement, got to meat people from all over the world.
Cons
The pay was not enough.
Great Company
Inbound Telemarketing Representative (Former Employee) –  Kissimmee, FLJanuary 25, 2016
Great Company. I really think you should give them a try. For the most part there are many great employees. There is too much turnover for me to be a player with this company.
Pros
Positive
Cons
Negativity
poor management
collections dep (Former Employee) –  Kissimmee, FLNovember 19, 2015
don't waste your time at this place management is very poor bad experience ...working at this place i was treated very poorly in the training was not happy on how i was treated call center is full of people who like to gossip not a profession place to work in at all ...sorry i am entitle to my opinion there people that been there for 4 years and still temps good luck trying to get a permanent job at that place waste of time
Terrible Management
Scrum Master (Former Employee) –  Kissimmee, FLAugust 13, 2015
This review is specific to the BIT (Business Innovation Team) department. The work itself is great and the people tend to be friendly and helpful, except for the "dream team". The dream team does not show up before 10 AM.... rarely stays past 3 PM.... but gets the most kudos. This team despises everyone else and rarely interacts with those outside of their team. The person responsible for half the teams in the department have been there less time than anyone and had no prior management experience... but they are best friends with the VP. When the WFH policy changed to no WFH that team was there even less than usual. When they are there they goof off and distract everyone else from their work. Management does nothing to keep them in line, even when serious harassment issues are brought up to them. Management makes decisions that directly impact your ability to get work done without so much as informing you of the change until the business asks you questions about the change. Morality does not exist in that office and the relationships directly impact everyone. There is no clear direction, and teams are changed around every other Sprint (4 weeks), priorities differ daily. Management does a very poor job of communicating with both the teams and the business. The other major concern I had with this department is that they seem to have the TEKsystems recruiters in their pockets. The recruiters share everything you discuss with them, and I have even had them reach out to me to try to get more information about what I know regarding the company (I know a lot about all of  more... the underhanded goings on in the department and I'm sure they want to know what I am willing to share). Do not get me wrong... I believe in the C level executives, I believe in the company vision, I believe in just about everything to do with this place EXCEPT for the management team of BIT. They do not keep promises, they treat the hard workers with little to no respect, and the only way to get ahead is to brown nose them to death. ALL but 2 of the good workers I know have left or have turned in their notice.... all within the last 5 weeks. If all you care about is showing up to work for a check then work here bc you will not be let go. If you care about doing a good job and improving the company then do not work here. You will be entirely unappreciated, and treated very badly. I was told I was seen as an enemy by the VP because I spoke out against over committing to work when we had not met our goals in 4 sprints (2 months). When the VP sees you as an enemy because you are trying to do your job... you know there is only one thing to do.... RUN. I did, and I am very happy. Soon there will be no good workers left in this department... or there will be no department due to the inability to deliver anything of true value to the business.  less
Pros
Company Vision, Beautiful Workspace, Work Life balance
Cons
Horrific management, harrassment, vendetta's against those who speak out, lack of clarity on goals, blatant name calling and bashing of other IT department and business partners, lack of concern over treatment of employees by dream team

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Orange Lake Resorts. Our community is ready to answer.