Orange Lake Resorts Employee Reviews in United States

Awesome place to work at!
Engineer/Repair Tech (Former Employee) –  Kissimmee, FLMay 25, 2016
Working at orange lake resorts not only felt like i was in vacation everyday but the working environment was great, i learn to work with many professionals at the sight as well learn new trades like plumbing and electrician. over all the best job ive ever had, too bad i had to move back to the big city of New York do to finances.

I wish the pay was a lot better, but defiantly a happy place to work at! if i ever would to move back ill got back in a heart beat!
Pros
Perfect evnvitement, got to meat people from all over the world.
Cons
The pay was not enough.
poor management
collections dep (Former Employee) –  Kissimmee, FLNovember 19, 2015
don't waste your time at this place management is very poor bad experience ...working at this place i was treated very poorly in the training was not happy on how i was treated call center is full of people who like to gossip not a profession place to work in at all ...sorry i am entitle to my opinion there people that been there for 4 years and still temps good luck trying to get a permanent job at that place waste of time
Terrible Management
Scrum Master (Former Employee) –  Kissimmee, FLAugust 13, 2015
This review is specific to the BIT (Business Innovation Team) department. The work itself is great and the people tend to be friendly and helpful, except for the "dream team". The dream team does not show up before 10 AM.... rarely stays past 3 PM.... but gets the most kudos. This team despises everyone else and rarely interacts with those outside of their team. The person responsible for half the teams in the department have been there less time than anyone and had no prior management experience... but they are best friends with the VP. When the WFH policy changed to no WFH that team was there even less than usual. When they are there they goof off and distract everyone else from their work. Management does nothing to keep them in line, even when serious harassment issues are brought up to them. Management makes decisions that directly impact your ability to get work done without so much as informing you of the change until the business asks you questions about the change. Morality does not exist in that office and the relationships directly impact everyone. There is no clear direction, and teams are changed around every other Sprint (4 weeks), priorities differ daily. Management does a very poor job of communicating with both the teams and the business. The other major concern I had with this department is that they seem to have the TEKsystems recruiters in their pockets. The recruiters share everything you discuss with them, and I have even had them reach out to me to try to get more information about what I know regarding the company (I know a lot about all of  more... the underhanded goings on in the department and I'm sure they want to know what I am willing to share). Do not get me wrong... I believe in the C level executives, I believe in the company vision, I believe in just about everything to do with this place EXCEPT for the management team of BIT. They do not keep promises, they treat the hard workers with little to no respect, and the only way to get ahead is to brown nose them to death. ALL but 2 of the good workers I know have left or have turned in their notice.... all within the last 5 weeks. If all you care about is showing up to work for a check then work here bc you will not be let go. If you care about doing a good job and improving the company then do not work here. You will be entirely unappreciated, and treated very badly. I was told I was seen as an enemy by the VP because I spoke out against over committing to work when we had not met our goals in 4 sprints (2 months). When the VP sees you as an enemy because you are trying to do your job... you know there is only one thing to do.... RUN. I did, and I am very happy. Soon there will be no good workers left in this department... or there will be no department due to the inability to deliver anything of true value to the business.  less
Pros
Company Vision, Beautiful Workspace, Work Life balance
Cons
Horrific management, harrassment, vendetta's against those who speak out, lack of clarity on goals, blatant name calling and bashing of other IT department and business partners, lack of concern over treatment of employees by dream team
Kind of cool place
Gifting Clerk (Former Employee) –  KissimmeeAugust 6, 2015
Its a positive place to work but not a lot of opportunity to move up. It was very decent place to work at. They focus a little harder on numbers than personal development.
Pros
Flexible and good hours
Cons
Commissions aren't that great
fun workplace
In-house Tele-Sales (Former Employee) –  Kissimmee, FLAugust 5, 2015
A very beautiful resort, great atmosphere feel like your on vacation everyday. Fun employees with great pay and benefits.
Pros
discount hotels
Cons
slow after summer
Revolving Door
Configuration Manager (Current Employee) –  Orlando ,FLJuly 21, 2015
Sorry, I had a whole review written but felt I should be political and just say stay away from this company. OK, they said I have to say more. The management has very little experience leading and seem to be very reactive to issues instead of proactive. The are in fear for their jobs and have beat down the teams working for them to the point almost all long term employee's have left in the past 6 month's.
Pros
Was able to keep meeting new people almost everyday
Cons
Very Unorganized
Very Productive and great work enviroment
Engineer/Repair Tech (Former Employee) –  Kissimmee, FLJune 19, 2015
One of the best jobs i ever had, i mean it was an honor to work for such a great company like the Orange Lake Resort. although the pay was not as good the work environment made up for it! i love d what i did and i love the team i did it with! they have great leadership and great supervisors in property. i wish i was still living in FL is a company i was honor to work for.!
Pros
Free lunches, inpowerd by the company, had our oun company vans equiped with all the tools we need every day
Cons
Rate
Great
Resort Services Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Kissimmee, FLApril 3, 2015
A typical day includes answering calls, emails and assisting guests face to face. I learned customer services skills, computer skills and overall people skills. Management is good. My co-workers are helpful. The hardest part is angry guests. The most enjoyable is turning an angry guest into a satisfied guest.
Benefits
Cons
Attendance Policy
Great if you can sell!
IHG Call Transfer Agent (Former Employee) –  Kissimmee, FLFebruary 25, 2015
High pressure from upper management in timeshare sales department. High turnover. Very low job security if you are not selling.
collecting delinquent timeshare accounts
Timeshare Collector (Former Employee) –  Kissimmee, FLJanuary 21, 2015
Most of the day is outbound, auto dialer calling out past due timeshare owners account.
Pros
multi cultural environment
Cons
greedy management
Great Place to Make Good Money
Closing Officer (Former Employee) –  Kissimmee, FLDecember 5, 2014
Although their is opportunity to make a very good living in any of the sales positions it is very difficult to maintain the job. Co-workers are great and management is okay. They are under more pressure and therefore are not as friendly One can make good money if your numbers are superb. They only want superstars, so having a bad month can be very stressful because you can lose your job very fast. They are very strict when it comes to numbers and are not flexible.
Pros
money and benefits
Cons
pressure and management
The company philosophy is really dedicated to enhance the overall customer's/owner's experience, Customer Service oriented
Director of Training (Former Employee) –  OrlandoOctober 21, 2014
It was a good company to work for. I had several oppotunities to drive business results and performance improvements in the department I supported.
Pros
it's a growing company, there are various opportunites in different locatons, great experience for job seekers in the hospitality industry
Cons
politcal decisions can become a roadblock for future growth.
Wonderful Workplace, great people, great enviornment.
Pool Attendant (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLSeptember 23, 2014
A typical workday at Orange Lake Resorts is a scorching hot day, but with a few dips in the pool and nice conversations with guests the days go by quickly. I've learned that working in a hospitality environment builds self discipline and patience. Learning how to work in a busy, fast paced environment builds teamwork and bonding with your co-workers. The hardest part of my job is having to watch the water for any horseplay or if anyone is drowning. This takes serious attention and watching. I really enjoy being with co-workers, no matter how tough the day is because with teamwork and friendship the day goes by great.
Amazing, Wonderful, Motivating Company
Call Transfer Agent/Customer Care (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLSeptember 11, 2014
A typical day at work entails receiving inbound calls from guest making hotel reservations and offering the benefit of receiving a free vacation package to selected destinations. The vacation package is secured at a discount rate and refunded after the guest takes a timeshare tour of the property. The management team at Orange Lake are absolutely amazing and caring people. The hardest part of the job is remembering that each day starts with (1) sale and that you write your own paycheck. The most enjoyable part of the job is giving a family an opportunity to take a free vacation to Magical Orlando or one of the other destinations.
Pros
excellent benefits, salary and great management!
Cons
salary may fluctuate depending on the compensation plan.
Great place to work. Very fast paced & ever changing.
Sales Account Representative (Former Employee) –  Kissimmee, FLSeptember 11, 2014
I enjoyed working with this company. I learned a lot about dealing with people. I also learned a lot about myself. For the most part, this was an excellent job to have.
Pros
cash spiffs
Cons
crowded workspace
militant scare tactics
Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJuly 18, 2014
Does not allow employees to shine at what they are best at. Every word is scripted in a 2 hour sales presentation. Quality control is good for companies to evaluate that their systems are being adhered to; but they do not apply to everyone in this company. Upper management is very condescending and seem to enjoy tearing people down. With as regimented as they are, there is little consistency. Top executives are not all on the same page and give conflicting instruction to sales reps.
Pros
name is recognized as quality and customers have great affinity for brand
Cons
uncomfortable work environment
It is very job work/ life balance
Accounting Manager (Current Employee) –  Kissimmee, FLJuly 14, 2014
It is very job work/ life balance. There are plenty of activities for employees to interact and have fun.
Enjoyable place to work.
Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Lake Geneva, WIJuly 8, 2014
Nice to meet families and sell them the vacation experience. Very dedicated employees with great customer service.
Customer Service Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Kissimmee, FLJanuary 17, 2014
Excellent work environment, good people, work ethic. Hardest part of the job is dealing with the public, however you adjust quickly.I enjoyed working in a professional environment.
Pros
pay, benefits, team work
Cons
fight unemployment
great company
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Kissimmee, FLDecember 4, 2013
Came in to smiling and laughing management, would log into the system and look forward to speaking with the great customers.
Pros
great customers
Cons
nothing