Orange Lake Resorts

Orange Lake Resorts Employer Reviews

Great Place to Make Good Money
Closing Officer (Former Employee), Kissimmee, FLDecember 5, 2014
Pros: money and benefits
Cons: pressure and management
Although their is opportunity to make a very good living in any of the sales positions it is very difficult to maintain the job. Co-workers are great and management is okay. They are under more pressure and therefore are not as friendly One can make good money if your numbers are superb. They only want superstars, so having a bad month can be very stressful because you can lose your job very fast. They are very strict when it comes to numbers and are not flexible.
The company philosophy is really dedicated to enhance the overall customer's/owner's experience, Customer Service oriented
Director of Training (Former Employee), OrlandoOctober 21, 2014
Pros: it's a growing company, there are various opportunites in different locatons, great experience for job seekers in the hospitality industry
Cons: politcal decisions can become a roadblock for future growth.
It was a good company to work for. I had several oppotunities to drive business results and performance improvements in the department I supported.
Wonderful Workplace, great people, great enviornment.
Pool Attendant (Current Employee), Orlando, FLSeptember 23, 2014
A typical workday at Orange Lake Resorts is a scorching hot day, but with a few dips in the pool and nice conversations with guests the days go by quickly. I've learned that working in a hospitality environment builds self discipline and patience. Learning how to work in a busy, fast paced environment builds teamwork and bonding with your co-workers. The hardest part of my job is having to watch the water for any horseplay or if anyone is drowning. This takes serious attention and watching. I really enjoy being with co-workers, no matter how tough the day is because with teamwork and friendship the day goes by great.
Amazing, Wonderful, Motivating Company
Call Transfer Agent/Customer Care (Current Employee), Orlando, FLSeptember 11, 2014
Pros: excellent benefits, salary and great management!
Cons: salary may fluctuate depending on the compensation plan.
A typical day at work entails receiving inbound calls from guest making hotel reservations and offering the benefit of receiving a free vacation package to selected destinations. The vacation package is secured at a discount rate and refunded after the guest takes a timeshare tour of the property. The management team at Orange Lake are absolutely amazing and caring people. The hardest part of the job is remembering that each day starts with (1) sale and that you write your own paycheck. The most enjoyable part of the job is giving a family an opportunity to take a free vacation to Magical Orlando or one of the other destinations.
Great place to work. Very fast paced & ever changing.
Sales Account Representative (Former Employee), Kissimmee, FLSeptember 11, 2014
Pros: cash spiffs
Cons: crowded workspace
I enjoyed working with this company. I learned a lot about dealing with people. I also learned a lot about myself. For the most part, this was an excellent job to have.
militant scare tactics
Sales Manager (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVJuly 18, 2014
Pros: name is recognized as quality and customers have great affinity for brand
Cons: uncomfortable work environment
Does not allow employees to shine at what they are best at. Every word is scripted in a 2 hour sales presentation. Quality control is good for companies to evaluate that their systems are being adhered to; but they do not apply to everyone in this company. Upper management is very condescending and seem to enjoy tearing people down. With as regimented as they are, there is little consistency. Top executives are not all on the same page and give conflicting instruction to sales reps.
It is very job work/ life balance
Accounting Manager (Current Employee), Kissimmee, FLJuly 14, 2014
It is very job work/ life balance. There are plenty of activities for employees to interact and have fun.
Enjoyable place to work.
Sales Manager (Former Employee), Lake Geneva, WIJuly 8, 2014
Nice to meet families and sell them the vacation experience. Very dedicated employees with great customer service.
Customer Service Supervisor (Former Employee), Kissimmee, FLJanuary 17, 2014
Pros: pay, benefits, team work
Cons: fight unemployment
Excellent work environment, good people, work ethic. Hardest part of the job is dealing with the public, however you adjust quickly.I enjoyed working in a professional environment.
great company
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee), Kissimmee, FLDecember 4, 2013
Pros: great customers
Cons: nothing
Came in to smiling and laughing management, would log into the system and look forward to speaking with the great customers.
excellent company
ACCOUNTING SPECIALIST I (Former Employee), kissimmee, flOctober 30, 2013
lost of room to move up within the company.
to bad I had to relocate to NYC and had to drop this job.
great benefits and weekly pay
Work somewhere else and believe nothing management says
Sales (Former Employee), Kissimmee, flOctober 21, 2013
Pros: peers
Cons: management, turnover rate, ethics, culture
In timeshare we call tours who tell us what we want to hear "strokers". Management is nothing but a bunch of strokers. They say they do a background check, yet I worked amongst convicted felons. They like them because they are the best hustlers out there. They know that humans deserve to be treated with more dignity but a paycheck means more to them than another persons well being. Please do yourself a favor and pass this company up. You'll be happy you did.
good entry level company to work for
Default Document Coordinator (Current Employee), Kissimmee, FLOctober 2, 2013
Pros: hotel discounts
Cons: low salary, no opportunity for advancement
There is no opportunity for advancement.Salary is very low compared to other Timeshare companies. The PTO system now changed where you have to borrow time form the company to take time off.
Great Work Place
Corporate Contract Processor II (Former Employee), Kissimmee, FLSeptember 25, 2013
I really enjoyed working for Orange Lake Resorts. The company and staff brought so much to my attention and helped me learn and understand TimeShare sales. The staff is very hands on and helps you through any problem you may come across.
this place has alot of fun people to work with
Cook (Current Employee), Kissimmee, FLSeptember 18, 2013
The hardest part of working here is that it is seasonal and I'm only getting 30 hours at this point.
Used Timeshare Salespeople
Sales Agent (Former Employee), Orange Lake Resorts Orlando FlAugust 30, 2013
Pros: free breakfast, lunch, golf
Cons: i don't trust the managers or agents
When I was there they had no inventory.

I stayed on the bottom of this thing they called a wheel. If you were on page 3,4,5 you may never get a tour. The tours were given to the guys that drove a Ferrari.

I was selling 7-8 % of my tours that were mostly not good.

I got a dishwasher from NY who was on a trip with his group home. He did not seem to read and write very well.

I also got a woman who claimed to own the whole state of West Virginia...she never made one payment.

I saw a young handsome guy pay a girl at the desk for a good tour
one morning. He drove a very expensive car.

I stood in front of the desk one day for 4 hours until they told everyone to go home. The training/sales manager came up to me and asked how my tour went? I told him I had no tour. He went in and asked about it then came out and said the girls had called my name. I never took my eyes off those people for 4 solid hours.

What a bunch of liars!
Holiday Inn Vacation Resort segment under the International Hotel Group
Resort General Manager (Former Employee), Brownsville, VTAugust 19, 2013
Pros: resorts in different areas of the us
Cons: small company
Orange Lake Resorts is a young vacation resort company with the home office located in Orlando. There are currently resorts in Orlando, FL, Myrtle Beach, SC, Brownsville, VT, Gatlinburg, TN, Panama City and Marco Island, FL and Galveston, TX
Great company
Server (Former Employee), Kissimmee, FLJuly 29, 2013
Pros: discounts
This company really cares for its employees, and that is shown from teh second you are hired on. Its a beautiful resort to work at, and a fun company to work for.
Nice Organization
Project Manager/Business Analyst (Current Employee), Orlando, FLJune 29, 2013
Pros: ihg discounts
Orange Lake Resorts is part of IHG Vacation Club group with 12 resorts throughout the united states. Nice environement to work in.
productive and fun to work
Maintenance Technician (Current Employee), Orlando, FLMay 13, 2013
Pros: free lunches
Cons: not enough pay
What I learned from working at Orange Lake was good customer service.

About Orange Lake Resorts

One resort company likes orange lakes just as much as blue ones. Through a partnership with¬†¬†InterContinental Hotels Group, Orange – Read more

Orange Lake Resorts Photos