Orange Leaf Frozen Yogurt

Orange Leaf Frozen Yogurt Employee Reviews

Fun and fast paced environment with great co-workers
Assistant Manager (Current Employee), Cedar Rapids, IAApril 29, 2015
Pros: Free yogurt, flexible hours, fun environment
Cons: little room for advancement, no benefits
For shifts where I open I start the shift by setting out all the toppings and I prepare the machines to start making the yogurt. After that I double check to make sure the store is clean and ready to be opened. After I open I start to prepare everything for the night shift, I do this by making sure backups of toppings and yogurt are made and by making sure the store stays clean. During all of this I am also in charge of working the register and helping customers. At the end of the shift I count the money in the register and then drop the required amount in the safe for later use.
For shifts where I close I work in the kitchen and on the register while making sure everything gets done and the rest of my staff stays busy and has a good time working. At the end of the shift my staff and I clean the store and prepare everything for the morning shift, and I also count the register and drop the required amount of money.
This job has improved my customer service abilities, and has taught me how to work in a fast paced environment. It has also taught me about some of the behind the scene things that are needed to run a restaurant.
The hardest part of my job would be that we don't have many employees so we frequently have to work while being understaffed.
The most enjoyable part of my job would be getting to work with all of my co-workers, who make the job fun and exciting.
Fun and breezy
Team Member (Current Employee), Exeter, NHMarch 23, 2015
Pros: yogurt is free during shift, tips, employee discount when off the clock, wonderful team members, friendly management, always something to do
Cons: schedule's posted sunday for upcoming week, lots of kids, hours got cut
Typical work for openers includes moping, making mixes, filling toppings, making deposits, dishes, handling money, keeping store clean, etc. Definitely improved my customer service skills. Management was also a manager at another location so saw a few times briefly. You work by yourself during a shift usually but co-workers a nice and helpful. Gets very slow during the winter and hours get cut and store closes due to weather. Free yogurt during shifts and don't feel constantly watched and criticized behind closed doors. Walk in the park after a couple months. Also get tips.
Productive, fun, and friendly workplace
Shift Leader/Cashier (Former Employee), Knoxville, TNMarch 14, 2015
Orange Leaf was a very fun and productive workplace. You meet new people everyday you could sample yogurts while working, you even got a 50% discount. You learned how to make frozen yogurt. The people you work with are very friendly and outgoing. The most hardest part of the job would be on the busy days when you would have lines out the door. It would be so overwhelming ,but you still had to get it done. The most enjoyable part of the job would be the rewards we received and the tips. The tips really came in handy.
productive workplace but had dysfunctional management
Shift Manager (Former Employee), Wichita, KSJanuary 6, 2015
Pros: fun workplace, worked together like a family, had a leadership postion
Cons: poor management, worked alone frequently
Some of the duties I had to preform were: taking shipment inventory when asked, taking end of month inventory when asked, training new shift leaders, training new employees, available on call, assisted with hiring new staff level employees, assisted with the selection of employees to be promoted to shift leader, open and closing the store, doing closing reports, keeping the store at Kansas Department of Health and Regulations, insuring employees are doing their assigned tasks. The coworkers were really enjoyable to work with. The management was very dysfunctional and I saw six different managers in my three years of working there. The most enjoyable part of the job was working with my coworkers and having a leadership postion to wear I can help improve the store. The hardest part of the job was some of the intense cleaning that was needed on the yogurt machines.
Life at Orange Leaf
Regional Manager/General Manager (Current Employee), Midland, TXDecember 5, 2014
I was at the highest point you could get to on the scale. The owners of the franchise is who I directly reported to. These two gentleman were incredible.

The day to day operations were pretty basic. Fun and exciting place, and the balance and freedom the position allowed was wonderful.

Of course in management the hardest part of the job is the management of employees. I learned a lot from the experience and particularly a lot about what make great employees and what make not so great ones. From a vast majority of ages. From 40's to 14 years, I was able to work with all.

But contradictory as it is, and ironic. The most enjoyable part of the job, was the employees I was able to work with. The great employees I was able to see grow and become such a great asset. Who I was able to become friends with. It was such a great opportunity to see/watch good kids doing good things, and become great workers inside our sphere at Orange Leaf.
Good Environment
Cashier (Former Employee), 160 Creekside Way Suite 502September 29, 2014
Nice environment. friendly atmosphere. flexible schedule
A great first job.
Cashier (Current Employee), Tacoma, WAAugust 26, 2014
Pros: free yogurt
Cons: boredom
Due to a decline in popularity for our industry and the shop's location, business is pretty slow. A typical day at work includes trying to find something to do. Working here has taught me to find ways to be productive and to not let a lack of work justify laziness.
Management made me feel like part of the family run business, my boss and manager both counsel and advise their employees with the best intentions in all aspects of life. I am leaving this job soon to look for greater opportunity, but I can honestly say I intend to stay in touch with the friends I have made in my co-workers and managers alike.
The hardest part of the job is staying productive when it's easy to do nothing. With a kept shop and few customers it's easy to justify sitting down and reading a book, but there's always something to do if you look hard enough. With that said, the most enjoyable part of the job was the laid back environment. There was always work to be done but it wasn't stressingly demanded
Work Environment
General Manager (Former Employee), Lake Mary, FLAugust 8, 2014
Pros: fun work environment
The best part of my job was having a wonderful team. Everyone was positive and enthusiastic and the customers felt that.
Not a career
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Oklahoma CityJune 30, 2014
Cons: management
I would only recommend this job to teenagers who need after school jobs. Other than those few people, do not apply to this job. It is not professional the way it is run, including the way corporate runs the franchises, and it does not give you the opportunity to support yourself with a good living.
Incredible working environment
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Somerville, MAMay 27, 2014
Pros: free yogurt, friendly staff, good customers
Cons: kiddy, not many chances of promotion, minimum wage
A typical day at Orange Leaf is basic tasks, but you're always busy during the warmer months. The staff was the greatest staff I've ever gotten to work with and the hours were flexible. Management was an absolute pleasure. If you can find an Orange Leaf near you, you should absolutely apply. Great for students
Great Environment
Shift Supervisor (Former Employee), Sulphur, LAMay 11, 2014
Pros: positive work environment, flexible schedule
Cons: no benefits
Orange Leaf has a great overall atmosphere and the coworkers were a pleasure to work with. My reason for leaving was to concentrate on my education.
Exciting and informative work place for family and friends.
General Manager (Former Employee), Saint Peters, MOJanuary 20, 2014
Pros: free bowl of yogurt each shift, exciting work environment
Cons: no room for advancement
Each day was filled with maintaining an upbeat attitude to keep customers happy, cleaning and inspecting the machines for necessary repairs and replacement parts, and answering questions about product and health content in an intelligent manner.

The main thing I learned was how to operate as a manager and sustain a professional relationship with employees, employers, customers, and any outside business interactions both in and outside of the work place.

Management was very helpful and accessible for any extraordinary situations and as General Manager of my store I strived to uphold the same standards for myself and my employees.
Nice place to work
Shift Leader (Current Employee), Selma, TXOctober 3, 2013
Pros: free froyo per shift
Short shifts; fun atmosphere; nice employers; free 10oz of frozen yogurt per shift
Fun place to work at but not very organized
Cashier/Customer Service/Machine Cleaner (Former Employee), Lake Mary, FLAugust 28, 2013
I hate giving a bad review about an establishment and it is probably a lot better now that is has been open longer but while I was there it was very unorganized. I did learn about how to take a part and out machines back together and how to be a cashier. The management was good but they did have some difficulty sometimes because it was both of their first times being managers. I liked my coworkers I was just older than all of them and usually I worked alone. The hardest part of the job was dealing with a lot of the unorganized ways to do things, most of the time one manager would tell me how to do it one way and the other would tell me something completely different. No one was ever really on the same page. I did however enjoy the environment of working at a frozen yogurt shop and the nice people I got to meet.
Decent
Cashier (Former Employee), Wichita, KSAugust 22, 2013
Pros: free froyo
Cons: pay
Not a bad job for a high school or college student. Management is always changing. Hours are decent and they give you a lot of room for over time. They're very strict about cleaning policy, which is good.
Fun work place with a friendly environment
Team Member (Former Employee), Madison, MSJuly 27, 2013
The most enjoyable part of the job is when the customer leaves with a small on their face.
Sub-par company with no room for advancement
Cashier, Machine Cleaner (Former Employee), Hammond, LAJuly 2, 2013
The owner of OLFY owns several stores in Louisiana, so attention cannot be expected at one particular store. There are no opportunities for promotions or advancement within the company. Rather than hire people with flexible schedules, they hire college students that can only work on certain days and certain times. Too many people are on the payroll taking away from other employees.
Overall a good place to work.
Team Member (Former Employee), Delray Beach, FLJune 13, 2013
Pros: free cup of yogurt daily, small breaks when needed, co-workers.
Cons: no advancement, healthcare or benefits.
My typical day on the job I would say is overall easy, fun, and sometimes can be boring. My managers were always very nice and lenient but when need be, strict as well. My favorite thing about this job is my co-workers! I love them all, they are all so friendly and help each other when needed. The hardest part of this job is the late night hours. But all in all I liked this job.
Fun workplace
Assitant Manager (Current Employee), Hammond, LAMarch 12, 2013
Orange Leaf is a fun place to work. It is also an easy job. The tasks are very simple to complete. The downfall here is that there are no benefits even as an assistant manager and most time you work without any form of a break. The people are great to work with. The hardest part of the job is dealing with difficult customers. A typical day at work for me consists of answering emails from my boss, arranging any promotions, making deposits if needed, counting the register down and making change, filling toppings, cleaning machines, making sure lobby is clean and neat, cleaning kitchen and cashier area, and making yogurt.
Great job for High School Student
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Ocoee, FLFebruary 20, 2013
Pros: great stepping stone for assistant management position
Cons: short to minimal breaks, no benefits, crazy schedule
This is a great job for a High School Student. The hours are a little all over the place, more weekends and nights. There was no compensation or benefits offered. No job advancement other then going from a cashier to an assistant manager. Management was very minimal. Only one assistant manager and one cashier on a shift. Very hard to work and give customers great customer service on nights and weekends due to how busy things got. There was a different schedule every week and it was different every week so very hard to plan weekly tasks.

Orange Leaf Frozen Yogurt Salaries