Orange Leaf Frozen Yogurt Employee Reviews

Good first part-time summer job
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Olathe, KSJanuary 3, 2017
A typical day at work was spent mixing yogurt, helping customers, and keeping the store extremely clean at all times.

I learned how to manage my time wisely at this job. There were often dead periods at the store, even during the summer, and other times it would get extremely busy. I learned to do lots of cleaning and prep work during the slow times so I could focus on ringing up customers during busy times.

Co-workers were easy to get along with and responsible. Management was mostly good, but they never scheduled me as many hours as I wanted, and I think it's possible they hired too many people.

The hardest part of the job was finding things to do during dead periods, after everything that could possibly need attention was finished. The most enjoyable part was the free yogurt during breaks.
Pros
Free yogurt
Cons
Too few hours
Fun place to work; starter job
Shift Leader (Former Employee) –  Salem, MAFebruary 17, 2017
As a shift leader I held a lot of daily responsibility. On a typical day I would open the store. This includes getting the machines on and ready for the day, make extra yogurt, prepare all toppings, get registers powered up and money situated.

This was a fun place to work because there were a lot of young people I worked with. However, at times this was not beneficial because some of the workers did not take their job seriously.

The most enjoyable part of the job was that I started when the yogurt store first opened and I was able to gradually help the owner get the store on its feet and become a success.
Pros
Free Yogurt, outside lunch breaks, flexible hours
Cons
no benefits, young coworkers
Orange Leaf Experience
Shift Leader (Former Employee) –  Holland, MISeptember 11, 2016
Working at Orange Leaf was a wonderful learning experience for customer and food service. Management was great and quite flexible when it came schedules and amazing at communication when there were issues. A typical day at Orange Leaf consisted of prepping toppings, making yogurts, cleaning, working at the cashier, helping customers, restocking, answering phone calls, and providing a good experience for the customers. The hardest part of the job were busy and hectic days of tourism days when customers would be in line out the door and trying to keep up with rushes that sometimes lasted for hours. However, the most enjoyable aspect of the job were making the customers, there is nothing more satisfying then making a customers day and being told that you made their day.
Pros
Wonderful Co workers, great Communication, Flexibility
Cons
Scheduling issues
Fun workplace meeting new people.
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Decatur, ALSeptember 8, 2016
A typical day at work for me. Was coming in the mornings and cleaning machines, then sitting up for the day such as bring out toppings, and doing any cleaning that needed to be done. Helping the customers choose products.

I learned how to clean Stoeling ice cream machines and how to operate them.

The owner wasn't around much. Seeing how I was management I checked the store daily kept it stocked as best as I could. While helping my co-workers.

My co-workers were a fun group to be around they did their jobs when needed and help keep the store maintained.

The hardest part of the job was nothing it was a laid back job and fun.

The most enjoyable part of the job was meeting new people and getting to know the community better.
Pros
Food was free while working. With a 25% discount when off for family and youself.
Cons
I have no cons for this job.
good
Cashier/Yogurt Maker and Attendant (Former Employee) –  New Albany, INJanuary 26, 2017
Good management.
Poor hours in wintertime
Flexible hours due to school
busy hours in summertime

unfortunate closure due to business
Fun and unique environment
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INDecember 2, 2016
Create an environment oriented to trust, open communication, creative thinking, and cohesive team effort.
Provide the team with a vision of the project objectives
Motivate and inspire team members.
Lead by setting a good example (role model) – behavior consistent with words.Assure that the team members have the necessary education and training to effectively participate on the team
Encourage creativity, risk-taking, and constant improvement
Recognize and celebrate team and team member accomplishments and exceptional performance
Pros
Free lunches, monthly bonuses.
Cons
No insurance, no health care
casual workplace
Cashier (Former Employee) –  McKinney, TXMarch 9, 2017
A typical day at work included opening the store by turning on machines, putting chairs out, getting toppings ready etc., keeping the store clean, working the register, and mixing yogurts. I learned how to take care of the store and be a problem solver being the only person on shift most of the time. The hardest part of the job would have to be being alone the whole time and opening or closing the store alone. Something enjoyable was working over the summer when the store was a little busier and talking to all the people that came in.
Pros
Free yogurt
Cons
Working alone
Amazing store, felt like family
Shift Leader (Former Employee) –  Springboro, OHJanuary 23, 2017
Going to work everyday was a blast. I loved going to work to see what my shift had in store for me. It was a fairly simple job I had to clean the store (tables, machines, utensils, etc), make the frozen yogurt, run the register, help customers. Everyone who worked there was nice, the mangers were very sweet and understanding. It definitely felt like a family store.
Pros
Flexibily, enviroment
Cons
Not a lot of secuirty features.
Fun environment!
Cashier/Social Media Representative (Former Employee) –  Bowling Green, KYFebruary 8, 2017
This position was a summer job for me but I had a lot of fun working for such a fun, family franchise. When people came in, there was rarely a sad face. Our environment, including staff, music, colors, furniture, all contributed to such a positive and uplifting environment that it made me look forward to coming to work every day.
Awful Place To Work
General Manager (Current Employee) –  Shreveport, LAFebruary 1, 2017
The owners are awful people who want you to do more work for less pay, and they also lie to their employees. they are awful people and i would not recommend this job to my worst enemy. The pay is awful and you are only allowed a maximum of 30 hours per week
A fun environment to work in, with great coworkers
Cashier/sales associate (Former Employee) –  Deerfield, ILJanuary 11, 2017
Overall Orange Leaf Frozen Yogurt was a great high school job for me. I learned how to interact with customers, to use a cash register, and to answer phone calls. It was a great work environment with hard working, fun coworkers. I was upset when the store closed down, and could not continue working there.
Cashier
Retail sales (Former Employee) –  Gilbert, AZDecember 28, 2016
Orangeleaf frozen yogurt was a small franchise company I worked for. Responsibilities included one associate opening/closing at a time, counting down my own cash drawer, and maintaing all devices and food. Poor leadership.
Pros
One free frozen yogurt per shift and no tip share.
Cons
No breaks, worked alone each shift and poor leadership.
Decent Place
Shift leader (Former Employee) –  Acton, MAJanuary 30, 2017
Depending on the owners, it is a decent place to work part or full time while attending school. The owners make the difference in a place like this, decent owners make it a good place to work, negligent owners make it more difficult.
Fun Workplace
SHIFT MANAGER (Promotion) (Former Employee) –  Katy, TXJanuary 7, 2017
The job included creating yogurt mixes, working the register and corresponding with the owner to make sure all of the tasks were completed. I counted money and closed the store every shift, and i occasionally opened the store.
Not a comfortable Working environment, but free froyo
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Georgetown, TXMay 16, 2016
The management is absolutely horrible. Hours are very bad, the management doesn't schedule you based on your availability. The store was not comfortable at all. It was always very hot in the store, and sometimes it would actually melt the fro yo. The only good thing about the job was the free fro yo. Would not recommend to a friend.
Pros
free fro yo
Cons
hours, uncomfortable working environment, hard work for small pay.
Fun and outgoing
Shift Leader/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Madison, MSDecember 27, 2016
This job requires a lot of customer interaction. I am outgoing and love interacting with people. It involves handling money and a lot of cleaning- it's yogurt.
Lazy
Shift Leader (Former Employee) –  Ellisville, MOJanuary 10, 2017
It is a very slow paced job and easy to handle but people become very lazy very quickly so that gets very annoying. Plus the customers that come are very rude.
Orange Leaf
Employee (Former Employee) –  Houma, LADecember 2, 2016
I started working at Orange Leaf when I was a junior in high school and it was the best first job ever. I loved my coworkers and the frozen yogurt there was amazing. If I could go back, I would.
Great job for High School Student
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Ocoee, FLFebruary 20, 2013
This is a great job for a High School Student. The hours are a little all over the place, more weekends and nights. There was no compensation or benefits offered. No job advancement other then going from a cashier to an assistant manager. Management was very minimal. Only one assistant manager and one cashier on a shift. Very hard to work and give customers great customer service on nights and weekends due to how busy things got. There was a different schedule every week and it was different every week so very hard to plan weekly tasks.
Pros
great stepping stone for assistant management position
Cons
short to minimal breaks, no benefits, crazy schedule
Great place to work!
Staff Member (Former Employee) –  Galveston, TXAugust 20, 2016
The owner of is very kind to ALL employees of orange leaf -- whether they be managers or staff! A generally warm environment with room to advance.
Pros
kind, fun, easy scheduling
Cons
pay

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Orange Leaf Frozen Yogurt. Our community is ready to answer.

2.6