Orange Leaf Frozen Yogurt Employee Reviews in United States

Great opportunity and fun work place.
Cashier/Sales Associate/Stocker/cook (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILApril 26, 2016
In orange leaf we get to work alone and be responsible by yourself.
A typical day there would be making yogurt mixes, cleaning and keeping the customers happy. The hardest part of the job is when it gets busy and you have to do many things on your own. The most enjoyable part of the job is experiencing work and succeeding by yourself.
Pros
own boss
Cons
Being
Great Work Atmosphere and Wonderful Employment
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Highland, UTApril 15, 2016
The mechanics of this job are pretty simple, so it's easy to catch on. However, you're expected to do the job well. This manager is the best manager I've ever had. They are always willing to work with you, but they expect you to hold up on your end as well.
Pros
Great Work Environment
Cons
Late Work Nights (not done till 1:00a.m. at times)
Wonderful company to work for-learned a lot
assistant manager (Current Employee) –  Bloomington, INNovember 12, 2015
A typical day was opening up the store and following a normal, consistent procedure. I learned a lot about customer service and cleanliness and how the two were some of the most important factors in the business. I got the opportunity to attend a corporate Connection meeting, which was amazing. The company stands for and believes in great things, and attains great people. It's a friendly environment, with friendly customers and staff, bright colors, fun music and delicious food.

The easiest part of the job is probably just the job itself. There isn't too much to working at Orange Leaf, and that's what makes it great. It's simple. You make the yogurt and toppings that need prepped, and you interact with the customers while they serve themselves. Beyond that, it's getting to know the community, which is even better than sitting inside of an office. I got to perform coupon/product drops around the community and provide employees on the job with free samples of frozen yogurt and coupons. It was awesome seeing people's faces light up.

The worst part about the job is that it has no room for advancement. As an assistant manager, I can't move anywhere beyond where I'm at unless if my manager up and quits (which won't happen).
Pros
Discounts on and off clock, friendly environment, fun/easy job
Cons
No room for advancement
Team worker
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, TNOctober 27, 2015
I could keep the store clean, alone with helping guest. In down time I would work on our daily check list to keep the store as clean as we could. Would close the store, count down the drawer, safe and make deposit.
pretty laid back enviornment full of smiles and great customers
Floor Runner (Former Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 23, 2015
On a regular day theres usually many children with their parents tha stopped by to get some yogurt. If in store by myself I mainly stay on register until someone else comes in. I have to clean store, refill topping bar, or make more yogurts if needed. If its a slow day I may stand in front of the store and hand out samples of yogurts or stay in store and do a detailed cleaning.
Pros
free yogurt, great co-workers, great tips
Cons
pay rate, management
Work load wasn't distributed effectively
SHIFT LEAD (Former Employee) –  Sun Prairie, WIOctober 12, 2015
-Prepare yogurt, help customers, and clean
-How to manage others and the work place
-Management was effective
-Co-workers didn't always do their jobs as effectively as was needed but overall they were great people.
-Closing the yogurt shop
-Opening the yogurt shop
Pros
Getting 12oz of free yogurt
Positive and fun work place with excellent management.
Frozen Yogurt Shift Leader (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INOctober 5, 2015
Orange Leaf was a great place to work and was full of great employees. The manager was very energetic and positive, which made it fun to come to work each day. There was a great team atmosphere and every employee was willing to help fill any role at any time.
Pros
Shift yogurt
Customer Oriented
Shift Leader (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KSOctober 1, 2015
Orange leaf is a great place to start working to gain customer service skills. Your interacting with people all day which gives your people skills. All the people I worked with were great.
Productive and upbeat work environment
SHIFT SUPERVISOR (Current Employee) –  Bloomington, INSeptember 5, 2015
This job has taught me a lot about costumer service and how to handle different situations in the work field. Working in the upbeat environment has made it a lot easier to stay on top of everyday tasks. I am very pleased with how the company runs it's work environment.
productive yet a fun place to work
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCJune 24, 2015
Made frozen yogurt everyday. Maintained store maintenance. The store had a pingpong table for everyone to have fun and eat yogurt. It was very boring at times, mostly during the slow seasons.
Highschooler job
STORE MANAGER (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJune 19, 2015
This job has a lot of high schooler's and the company expects to much from someone who gets paid only minimum wage. There is a lot that they need to change in order for their business to grow.
Bad security
Shift Leader (Current Employee) –  Kingwood, TXJune 18, 2015
The money and the hours are amazing, but I feel that it is not safe to have employees working closing shifts alone till almost 12am. Especially since there are windows that give a clear view of the register being counted down. Other than that I do enjoy working here.
Pros
money, hours
Cons
no breaks
Fun Workplace
Shift Manager (Current Employee) –  HoustonJune 8, 2015
Great place to start off as a first job but after a while it becomes very draining. Must always be ready on your feet and have good customer service depending on the area of the store.
Pros
gives you good experience
Cons
no workers comp
Great store in a small town
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Hohenwald, TNJune 5, 2015
over priced yogurt in a small town. Product was very good but low income community forced it to close it doors. Loved seeing the childrens eyes light up when they filled those cups up!
Orange Leaf Frozen Yogurt
Shift Leader (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMay 1, 2015
I liked this job for the most part. It was really simple because every time was self-serve but a very comfortable environment.
Pros
Free yogurt
Cons
Short shifts
Fun and fast paced environment with great co-workers
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Cedar Rapids, IAApril 29, 2015
For shifts where I open I start the shift by setting out all the toppings and I prepare the machines to start making the yogurt. After that I double check to make sure the store is clean and ready to be opened. After I open I start to prepare everything for the night shift, I do this by making sure backups of toppings and yogurt are made and by making sure the store stays clean. During all of this I am also in charge of working the register and helping customers. At the end of the shift I count the money in the register and then drop the required amount in the safe for later use.
For shifts where I close I work in the kitchen and on the register while making sure everything gets done and the rest of my staff stays busy and has a good time working. At the end of the shift my staff and I clean the store and prepare everything for the morning shift, and I also count the register and drop the required amount of money.
This job has improved my customer service abilities, and has taught me how to work in a fast paced environment. It has also taught me about some of the behind the scene things that are needed to run a restaurant.
The hardest part of my job would be that we don't have many employees so we frequently have to work while being understaffed.
The most enjoyable part of my job would be getting to work with all of my co-workers, who make the job fun and exciting.
Pros
Free yogurt, flexible hours, fun environment
Cons
little room for advancement, no benefits
Fun and breezy
Team Member (Current Employee) –  Exeter, NHMarch 23, 2015
Typical work for openers includes moping, making mixes, filling toppings, making deposits, dishes, handling money, keeping store clean, etc. Definitely improved my customer service skills. Management was also a manager at another location so saw a few times briefly. You work by yourself during a shift usually but co-workers a nice and helpful. Gets very slow during the winter and hours get cut and store closes due to weather. Free yogurt during shifts and don't feel constantly watched and criticized behind closed doors. Walk in the park after a couple months. Also get tips.
Pros
yogurt is free during shift, tips, employee discount when off the clock, wonderful team members, friendly management, always something to do
Cons
schedule's posted sunday for upcoming week, lots of kids, hours got cut
Productive, fun, and friendly workplace
Shift Leader/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Knoxville, TNMarch 14, 2015
Orange Leaf was a very fun and productive workplace. You meet new people everyday you could sample yogurts while working, you even got a 50% discount. You learned how to make frozen yogurt. The people you work with are very friendly and outgoing. The most hardest part of the job would be on the busy days when you would have lines out the door. It would be so overwhelming ,but you still had to get it done. The most enjoyable part of the job would be the rewards we received and the tips. The tips really came in handy.
productive workplace but had dysfunctional management
Shift Manager (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KSJanuary 6, 2015
Some of the duties I had to preform were: taking shipment inventory when asked, taking end of month inventory when asked, training new shift leaders, training new employees, available on call, assisted with hiring new staff level employees, assisted with the selection of employees to be promoted to shift leader, open and closing the store, doing closing reports, keeping the store at Kansas Department of Health and Regulations, insuring employees are doing their assigned tasks. The coworkers were really enjoyable to work with. The management was very dysfunctional and I saw six different managers in my three years of working there. The most enjoyable part of the job was working with my coworkers and having a leadership postion to wear I can help improve the store. The hardest part of the job was some of the intense cleaning that was needed on the yogurt machines.
Pros
fun workplace, worked together like a family, had a leadership postion
Cons
poor management, worked alone frequently
Life at Orange Leaf
Regional Manager/General Manager (Current Employee) –  Midland, TXDecember 5, 2014
I was at the highest point you could get to on the scale. The owners of the franchise is who I directly reported to. These two gentleman were incredible.

The day to day operations were pretty basic. Fun and exciting place, and the balance and freedom the position allowed was wonderful.

Of course in management the hardest part of the job is the management of employees. I learned a lot from the experience and particularly a lot about what make great employees and what make not so great ones. From a vast majority of ages. From 40's to 14 years, I was able to work with all.

But contradictory as it is, and ironic. The most enjoyable part of the job, was the employees I was able to work with. The great employees I was able to see grow and become such a great asset. Who I was able to become friends with. It was such a great opportunity to see/watch good kids doing good things, and become great workers inside our sphere at Orange Leaf.