Orange Leaf Frozen Yogurt Employee Reviews

staying occupied
General Employee (Former Employee) –  Richmond, TXDecember 21, 2017
A day at Orange Leaf required opening or closing the store sometimes both. Opening consisted of getting all ingredients ready and making sure all yogurt machines were working properly and making yogurts that needed be made. Working the register cleaning and making costumers feel at home was very important. The workplace was very relaxing and friendly. The hardest part of the job was managing everything on my own and sometimes working double shifts. The most enjoyable part of the job was when it was slow it was very relaxing.
Pros
occupied when slow
Cons
Handling all customers and machines when busy
Very productive, and friendly staff
Team Member (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXDecember 18, 2017
This was my first job and it did me very well. The most enjoyable part was the staff. They were so welcoming and friendly. The task weren't too challenging and while the management started off a little rocky, they were very accommodating.
A laid back fun place to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Brookfield, WIDecember 15, 2017
-Turn on all yogurt machines
-makes the yogurt
-put toppings out and switch out fruit
-keep up with cleaning
-cashier
-giving costumers samples
-keeping up with dishes
Pros
Discount on yogurt
Cons
little managment
Fun workplace
Manager (Current Employee) –  Sterling Heights, MINovember 17, 2017
Overall a fun beginner job. Friendly staff and balance work and school. Friendly customers and is not stressful at all. Winter is rough because they cut hours. Not willing to give raises.
Pros
Friendly
Cons
Short hours in winter
Fun and Easy Workplace
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Westerly, RINovember 16, 2017
Because Orange Leaf is self-service frozen yogurt, the job is fairly easy. Maintaining a clean store is the main responsibility, as well as positive attitude and customer service.
Quick paced
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Warrensburg, MONovember 4, 2017
One must be attentive to detail. Especially with cleanliness. The facility has to meet health inspection requirements. SO you must be on the ball with assisting customers, replenishing the toppings, making more frozen yogurt, and cleaning as you go.
Pros
Free frozen yogurt each day you worked and 25% off when not working when I worked there.
Amazing place to work.
Food Service Worker (Former Employee) –  Bismarck, NDOctober 24, 2017
If you like a relaxed job then this is the place to work. Everyone likes on another there. You can move quickly up the career pole here. Didn't have to work late.
great first job
Shift Leader (Former Employee) –  Melbourne, FLOctober 18, 2017
It's a great first job because you work alone and you become very independent. It's not very physical demanding, but it does have a little bit of both of the physical and mental side, which helps.
Terrible workplace
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Georgetown, TXSeptember 21, 2017
I honestly do not know how Orange Leaf is still open. There were many health code violations by the owner/manager and there is terrible overall management. I would not recommend working there or even eating there.
Pros
No pros
Cons
No overtime, bad management, bad pay
Soft Serve FROYO, not Frozen Yogurt, Job NOT Secure
Employee (Former Employee) –  Bastrop, TXSeptember 19, 2017
When signing on at Orange Leaf, I was met with a lot of positive vibes and happy people. Unfortunately, when I was hired, it became apparent that money is the only concern here. They do not train well and people are frequently just "shown the ropes" and left to figure out the rest, only to be corrected or griped at later. The store owner is well known for actually calling and yelling at or firing employees over the phone because of what he saw on the cameras, without even checking with a manager to determine if there were extenuating details to be learned. Each store is owned by a different person so good luck finding a nice, fair boss at one of these FROYO shops.
The funny thing is, they do not even serve FROYO, they serve soft serve ice cream but since there are not federal regulations on FROYO, Orange Leaf can call themselves a FROYO shop and just serve sugar and milk with flavorings added and pretend it's frozen yogurt. :P
Pros
One free cup of FROYO per day
Cons
Poor management, Bad quality product
Orange Leaf Frozen Yogurt
Shift Leader (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXSeptember 14, 2017
Orange leaf was one of my first jobs. While I did really enjoy it, management was unprofessional and the general manager watched us on a camera from his house 24/7, he was an older man.
A joke
Manager (Current Employee) –  Nashua, NHAugust 16, 2017
Working for Orange Leaf is not recommended. The company is a mess and the franchisees rarely know what they're getting into. Corporate is full of incompetence.
Pros
Froyo
Cons
Everything but the froyo
Fun and easy job for anyone in high school or college
Floor Staff (Former Employee) –  Bastrop, TXAugust 6, 2017
This place not only offers the best tasting frozen yogurt but a great working environment. The management is great and can always work on your schedule.
Pros
Discounts, food
Fun environment, so-so management
Shift Lead (Former Employee) –  Midland, TXAugust 1, 2017
Fun and easy place to work. Employees are cool. Management plays favorites and is inappropriate sometimes. Easy job for high school or college students
Pros
free yogurt, low stress
Cons
low benefits
fun and productive
Clerk (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXJuly 31, 2017
very fast paced and sometimes overwhelming but I learned many skills during my time there.i would recommend it as a first job to any high school student.
Pros
free yogurt
Fun, upbeat (and tasty) place to work
SHIFT LEAD (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJune 25, 2017
Typical day for me included arriving about 8:30 a.m. to clean machines, make yogurt backups and prepare the store for the day.
I would be by myself at our store until about 4:30, when another night time employee would take over, and who would be joined by another about 7 p.m. to help clean and close the store.

This company produces fresh, and transparent food products with good ingredients.

Management was great, understanding, helpful and genuine about wanting the best client experience.

Hardest part was cleaning up after inconsiderate customers (usually children who aren't under enough parental supervision) and the $7.50 starting pay for someone who holds a key to the store.

Best part was the free bowl of yogurt once a shift.
Pros
Free yogurt
Cons
Lots to clean
great
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Wayland, MAJune 22, 2017
Great work environment. Berkeley is a great boss. He was kind and understanding when I needed time off. Even after leaving, I know we have a very good relationship if I ever need a reference
Worked at your own pace
Cashier, Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Rogers, ARJune 15, 2017
it was a very easy job.
learned how to make yogurt very fast, had to cut fruit/ candy
environment was friendly
pay was alright for a teen looking for a first job
Pros
didn't do very much
Cons
worked by yourself
Fun people to work with.
Manager (Former Employee) –  Converse, TXJune 7, 2017
Its Yogurt, it taste good and its fun to develop your own creation. The hardest part of this job was not having enough hours. The most enjoyable part was the way people reacted to building their own creation of yogurt.
Pros
Customers
Cons
pay/ hours
Glad Orange Leaf is out of Business
Staff Member (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KSApril 19, 2017
I was employed to open the store on weekends and a few closing shifts throughout the week. I was not assigned a key to the store, thus a manager had to physically be there to start the day. The Manager on Duty would arrive 45 minutes late, meaning I had 15 minutes to open the store.

Daily work included washing and sanitizing two yogurt machines. Some of the machines were in disrepair. It was unfair to customers when we only had a few machines working, as two were being cleaned and the others did not work.

What I learned was that bad managers do exist, and they can drive employees away.
Pros
Cheap Yogurt, Good Employees
Cons
No breaks (especially when working alone), No communication