Orange Park Medical Center Employee Reviews

Great Managment
Registered Nurse ER/TNCC (Current Employee) –  Orange Park, FLJanuary 8, 2017
The reason I love working here so much is the managment cares about their employees and wants them to be involved with process improvements. They are always willing to work with you. They are awesome it makes all the difference. I am happy to work here. The work is hard but being appreciated makes it so much easier.
Too many cameras
Potential employer (Former Employee) –  Orange Park, FLOctober 16, 2016
I went for an interview at Orange Park for this same position. The management stares at you up and down with their botoxed and manicured faces. Long story short, the're looking for the perfect CNA but will ever find them until they reprimand some managers. Too many cameras on the unit feel like your under the microscope. This is a Psych unit. Goodluck.
Pros
Too many cameras
StarN Program
Rn (Former Employee) –  Stroke unitJuly 29, 2016
I went through this residency program and it is definitely not what they lead me to believe it was. The rate of pay at the end of residency was lower than what the recruiter told me as well. The hospital unit i was on was always understaffed,management was near existent and it seemed like we always had a mix of patients instead of the specialty we were supposedly the floor for. A lot of micromanaging and the floor director always made rounds and upset the patients half the time so you had to spend the rest of your shift calming them down. Never had the equipment available that was needed. Something as simple as glucometers should be readily available. The residency only prepared us for rapid response situations,not our day to day job responsibilities. Not enough time with preceptor and you werent consistently with the same nurse, so you had to relearn each nurses different style. The worst part was having to lie to applicants when they walked through interviewing with the director, and tell them how great the program is. Was told that we would start with 4:1 ratios but consistently had 5-6:1 because the charge rns did not pay attn to the schedule. Always had multiple total care patients and no tech. Not a safe work environment to say the least and a very poor learning atmosphere. Always got. Alled to do something while on lunch,so never got to eat,even though we had "lunch buddys".
Pros
Some sort of experience
Cons
Short lunch, low pay, understaffed, unsafe environment, subpar management, high turn over rates
very busy, productive hospital
Registrar/Financial Counselor (Current Employee) –  Orange Park, FLJune 29, 2016
great staff, caring, understanding. OPMC has a HOPE fund. I have been here over 3 years and have made may great friends, experienced and learned many different things.
Pros
free lunches on major holidays if you work, quarterly bonues, incentives
Cons
raises arent very much.
provides top notch training to employees
PCT/CNA (Former Employee) –  Orange Park, FLMay 5, 2016
Productive and enjoyable work place. Providing quality care to patients and top notch training to their staff and employees.
Pros
health care benefits
Can be stressfull
Patient Care Technician (Emergency Room) (Former Employee) –  Orange Park, FLMarch 30, 2016
Taking care of sick and injured people in the Emergency Department, very caring staff. Typical healthcare job I thought a good learning experience.
Unprofessional
Surgical Scheduler (Former Employee) –  Surgical ServicesFebruary 21, 2016
I worked in the O.R. Scheduling Dept. It was a very toxic enviroment to say the least. The day i was terminated i felt such a relief when i walked out the door. The management were two faced, charge nurse jumped at the chance to accuse you of wrong doing. Instead of listening , she would just jump at the chance to see that you were in trouble. Very unprofessional always talking behind others backs. Very bad temper. I have never worked in such an horrid enviroment. The computer system was so old and not user friendly. Its 2016 people get up to date w your system. Other employees in the O.R. told me it was a very toxic enviroment, and i did witness this in my time in Surgical Services. Im so glad to say i do not ever want to work at OPMC ever again.
Pros
Close to home.
Cons
Unprofessional Management
Awesome place to work
ER Tech (Current Employee) –  Orange Park, FLFebruary 8, 2016
I work in the ER as an ER Tech, and have been working here for over 5 years. The benefits are amazing and wont cost a lot. I have seen a lot of amazing coworkers do amazing and awesome things to make sure their patients are well taken care of.
Pros
make your own schedule
Cons
Patients are rude
MRI Tech Aid
MRI Tech Aid (Former Employee) –  Orange Park, FLJanuary 20, 2016
• Transported patients within the hospital and assisted technologist
• Screened all patients before exams
• Comfort patients when needed for exams
Productive and team players environment
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Orange Park, FLNovember 28, 2015
My co-workers was great and we work as a team. My Charge nurse was very understanding. The management had a lot of turn overs.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
no room to grow
Awesome Hospital
Administration Assistance Secretary (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLOctober 29, 2015
Health Care Professional with over 18 + years hands-on experience in fast-paced hospital environments.
Driven and compassionate administrative secretary with a track record of managing personnel, facility operations and admissions while providing the highest quality care.
Leadership communication skills and expert time management.
Pros
Bonus sign on for RN
Cons
To Short on Lunch Breaks.
see below
Dircector of Rehab (Current Employee) –  Orange Park, FLOctober 8, 2015
Daily operations staffing, marketing, buget prep, supply purchasing, recruitment of staff, capital expenditures, staff leadership training
Pros
location
Cons
stressful 50-60hours a week salary position
Great environment, management lacking.
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Orange Park, FLAugust 7, 2015
Great coworkers and patients, at least on the 3rd floor.

Management is very lacking. Only time we saw manager was for required reviews or if something was wrong, dreaded seeing her.

Benefits were also lacking.
Good support system with my direct supervisor.
Transcriptionist (Former Employee) –  Orange Park, FLAugust 5, 2015
I worked remotely and didn't have much interaction with staff or management. I was given the opportunity for extra reports to type. Very accommodating when requesting time off.
Pros
Work at my own pace.
Cons
Impersonable management
Gym Maddness
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  orange park, flJuly 31, 2015
Very rewarding experience to be able to help people medically and physically get in shape. very cool place and atmosphere.
Pros
more customer experience
Cons
short lunch
Registering Patients in the Emergency Room
REGISTRAR (Former Employee) –  Orange Park, FLJuly 15, 2015
Worked in and out the emergency room. I learned how to multitask very well under pressure along with collecting co payments from patients. We had 45 rooms in the ER , we were able to become a great team with the coworkers present to serve the patients with the best care and understanding of what they needed to know. As well as explain to the patient the process of being admitted with cost estimates and paper work to make them feel at ease to have the best experience they can at our facility. It was always a little hectic when we were over capacity and not enough staff but we always found a way to make sure the patient was given the best care.
Pros
Theres always oppurtunity to move in the company
Cons
12 hour shifts
Not the most amazing but I wouldn't call it a bad hospital either
Patiant transport (Current Employee) –  Orange Park, FLJuly 1, 2015
Over the past few years it's been obivious that OP Medical has been trying to upgrade the facilities to keep up to date.

They don't provide job information or even real postings for anything other than nursing and physicians on their website, so if you want an entry level position you have to hunt down information and hope you find anything.
Pros
They provide lunch for my department
Cons
Nobody seems to listen to employee complaints.
bunch of misfits
house keep (Former Employee) –  Orange ParkMay 12, 2015
When did I join boot-camp and have to exercise for a house-keep position. By the way never got paid. The manager talks to you like your a child. The lowest paying of all the hospitals. I was told by the trainer that they need to hire someone younger and more fit for that position.
Pros
not working there
Cons
low pay, not properly trained, no team work
Very organized and caring place to work.
Patient Escort (Former Employee) –  Orange Park, FLOctober 23, 2014
It was a fast paced atmosphere to help the need of our patients.
Disorganized
Registered Nurse, Emergency Room (Former Employee) –  Orange Park, FLOctober 11, 2014
Disorganized - managment, HR, and the daily operations. I do not think I would work for an HCA company again. The compensation and benefits were just average, however the cons outweighted the pros.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Orange Park Medical Center. Our community is ready to answer.

Orange Park Medical Center Reviews by Location