Orange Park Medical Center

Orange Park Medical Center Employer Reviews

IT'S AN OKAY PLACE TO WORK
CNA (Former Employee), Orange Park, FLJune 27, 2014
Pros: u could make your own schdl.
Cons: sometimes we would recive no 15 min or 30 min luch break due to the fact of opmc being understaffed
WHEN I WORKED AT OPMC I WAS ON 3 CENTER AND IT WAS A HARD LOAD OF PATIENTS AND SOMETIMES OR MORE WE WOULD ONLY HAVE3- 4 PCT'S AND THIS WAS ON 7PM -7AM SO WE WOULD HAVE 12 OR MORE PATIENTS AT A TIME. IT WAS SO UNDER STAFFED. AND WHEN I OR MY OTHER PCTS WOULD GET MORE PATIENTS ATT TO THE FLOOR. SOME OF US HAD 18 PT AT A TIME AND THAT WAS TOO MUCH.

I – more... QUIT BECAUSE OF THE WORK LOAD AND SOME TO MOSTLY ALL THE R.N ACTED LIKE THE WERE TO GOOD TO HELP OUT THE PCT'S. WHEN PCT'S HAVE SUCH A HEAVY WORK LOAD OF SUCH IT MAKES ATTIUDES CHANGE, THEN PATIENTS CHANGE AND THEN ITS A WORLD OF A MESS.
WHEN YOU CAN'T GET TO YOUR PT THAT HAS TO GO TO THE BATHROOM AND THE RN IS ALREADY IN THE ROOM BUT SAY'S!!!! JUST HIT YOUR LIGHT AND SOMEONE WILL BE THERE SOON.
THEN WHILE THE PCT IS IN ANOTHER ROOM HER PHONE GOES OFF AND HE/SHE CAN'T RESPOND CUZ THEY ARE IN THE MIDDLE OF A PT AND HER/HIS OTHER NURSE. SO TEMPS FLY BUT MY PROBLEM IS.... RN WAS IN THE ROOM WHY HE/SHE COULDN'T TAKE THEM TO BATHROOM?

ALL THE PATIENTS IS EVERYONE PATIENTS NOT JUST THE PCT'S IS EVERYONE'S RESPONSIBILITY TO HELP!!!! – less
Company is great
Phlebotomist (Former Employee), orange park flJune 18, 2014
Pros: benefits are great
Cons: some staff are very mean
The company is great, excellent benefits and hours, when census is not low.
good place to work
Dishwasher (Former Employee), Orange Park, FLMay 20, 2014
Nice to help those that r sick by bringing them food an making them feel comfortable. but the cleaning had to be done at a fast pace.
Great busy atmosphere
Patient Transportor (Former Employee), Orange Park, FLApril 9, 2014
It was great a typical day at worked including learning somethng new on a daily basis, meeting new faces and enjoying co-working.
A decent environment, which ultimately is defeated by poor management.
Patient Care Technician (Former Employee), Orange Park, FLMarch 31, 2014
Pros: great pay.
Cons: everything else.
I got a job as a PRN PCT in the superpool team. Their schedule inconvenienced my school schedule which ultimately caused me to be terminated. I loved my job, but the environment was depressing. Most people that I worked with were extremely rude and did not have as high of a standard as I did. The management was incredibly poor, communication didn't – more... exist to be straightforward, and ultimately it was a very miserable experience. I wouldn't recommend the hospital to anyone. – less
Medical Assistant
Medical Assistant, 2161 Kingsley Ave # 100 (Former Employee), Orange Park, FLMarch 25, 2014
- Inventoried and ordered medical supplies
- Performed suture removal and dressing changes
- Collected and tested specimens
- Performed Glucose Testing and Strep Testing
- Venipuncture/PKU/Glucose/Hgb
- Administered injections
- Eye and Ear Irrigation, EKG
- Prepared and administered medication as directed
- Documented patient history, Tested Patients – more... for Visual Acuity, Took Vitals
- Set up Exam rooms
- Flexible team player with excellent communication skills
- Called in and set up medication refills
- Refferals/ Authroizations
- Dictations – less
Very busy ER working to attain level 2 trauma certification
Registered Nurse (Former Employee), Orange Park, FLMarch 11, 2014
Pros: large facility, many resources
Cons: patient care is a number game in the er sometimes taking precedence over need
I was recruited there to work in the ER as a trauma nurse. Because of my previous experience in trauma. Unfortunately the loss of the level 2 trauma certification which caused the facility to be overstaffed with nurses. To answer this problem they put their nurses on an "excused absence" list. The hospital is very keen on getting people seen as quickly – more... as possible to reduce their advertised wait-times. This means people are triaged quickly but also may have to wait just as long to receive full care. – less
productive
Utility Tech (Former Employee), Orange Park, FLJanuary 30, 2014
okay place to work good people to work with keeps you working 40 hr work weeks management was ok not the best pay wasn't that great but it was a job
Busy Hospital Setting, wonderful Rehab team
Physical Therapist (Current Employee), Orange Park, FLJanuary 13, 2014
Pros: co-workers
Cons: short lunch, corporate administrative functions that must be attneded to
We treat bedside one on one, any and all patient diagnoses. I have improved my skills treating such a variety of patients including Stroke, Orthopedic surgeries, Trauma patients.
The Rehab staff is top notch and a pleasure to work with, always supportive of each other.
The hardest part of the job is balancing patient care with corporate responsibilities.
The – more... most enjoyable part of the job is the ability to do individualized treatment, one on one. As a professional, this is critical to providing optimal patient care. – less
Very fast atomosphere
Unit Secretary (Current Employee), 4centerJanuary 1, 2014
Pros: i work 12hour days 3days a week
Cons: the staff is rude to each other and the management is careless of the employees
Working for OPMC is great, the fast past atomosphere is what keeps me going. I like a challange and staying on task with all my duties is challanging based on the department and section I work.
Its not a bad place to work at.
diet clerk (Current Employee), orange park,flDecember 28, 2013
Pros: coworkers
Cons: the pay rate
i really enjoy working at opmc.i enjoy talking with the patients and my coworkers.
Great educational exxperiance
Student Intern (Former Employee), Orange Park, FLNovember 25, 2013
The employees are very well versed in their jobs and are always ready to help the students.
UNPROFESSIONAL
ER liaison/greeter (Former Employee), ORANGE PARK, FLORIDANovember 21, 2013
Pros: pateint/customer care
Cons: too much down time
I THOROUGHLY ENJOY WORKING WITH PATIENTS AND PROVIDING PATIENT/CUSTOMER CARE. THIS JOB DID ALLOW THE USE OF MY PEOPLE SKILLS, I.E. ATTENTIVNESS, COMPASSION AND MEDICAL TERMINOLOGY BACKGROUND. MY JOB WAS TO REGISTER PATIENTS FOR ER CARE. BUT AGAIN, I DID NO MULTI-TASKING. IT WAS VERY REDUNDANT AND NOT AT ALL CHALLENGING.
very cliquish and management does seem to care.
Registered Nurse (Current Employee), Orange Park, FLOctober 14, 2013
Cons: they use you to your max.
When I started to work at OPMC, I felt that it was a good choice between the hospitals that I had to choose from. The people I work with on night shift are wonderful. But the management makes you feel like your just another person or warm body doing a job. There is no common recognition for your hard work or when you perform over and above. They do – more... recognize you if you are in "their group" but if your just an average person you will get looked over and work will be dumped on you. – less
fun working co-workers
Patient Care Technician Externship (Former Employee), Jacksonville, FLAugust 10, 2013
Pros: love work with people
Cons: not enough help
fast paste enjoyed laughig with th patient and taking care of them. Learned can't make everyone happy. management was really good .love the co-workers they alaways there to help you out and not down your work if you made a mistake they help you fix it. hardset thing about patient care is not moving a patient after they had surgery and not suppose to – more... move o eside of there body. I enjoyed everything about the job. – less
Too many patients, not enough coverage
Postpartum Registered Nurse (Former Employee), Orange Park, FLJuly 3, 2013
Cons: too much work, not enough employees
Busy from the time you start until you are going home, always having to work overtime.
I WORK AT ORANGE PARK MEDICAL CENTER FOR 18 YEARS
PATIENT CARE TECHNICIAN (Former Employee), ORANGE PARK FLORIDA DAY SURGERYJune 18, 2013
Pros: great hours
Cons: low volume of patients
I WORK FOR DAY SURGERY IT WAS A GREAT JOB.
PRE AND POSTING PATIENTS, EKGS, DRAWING BLOOD, TRANSPORT PATIENTS. STOCKING SUPPLIES.
Clinical Externship Site
Clinical Externship (Former Employee), Orange Park, FLApril 30, 2013
Clinical Externship Site, was a great place to experience what the future holds in store for me as a RRT.
Great representation of the helathcare community and what it should be
Accountant II, HCA (Current Employee), Orange Park, FLApril 19, 2013
This organization has grown into an elite first rate hospital. The executive team works with the physicians to improve quality care on a continuous basis.
Was not happy here
Cook (Former Employee), Orange Park, FLApril 19, 2013
managers worked you like dogs and did not pay well. talked down to by the director of the department and felt very uncomfortable

About Orange Park Medical Center

From turbines to TV, from household appliancesĀ to power plants, General Electric (GE) is plugged in to businesses that have shaped – Read more