Orange Regional Medical Center Employee Reviews

professional and caring place to work, learn, and advance in job placements.
Nursing Unit Clerk (secretary) (Current Employee) –  Middletown, NYOctober 29, 2017
Everyday is never the same as the day before, it could be calm and easy or it could be busy and chaotic. You never know what you are walking into but it makes the days go by faster and even when its very busy its a huge learning experience. Management is very understanding and works with you and your needs The hardest part of the job for me is the long hours but it pays off in the end. The most enjoyable thing for me is honestly the people who I work with, they help you get through the day.
Unsafe
RN (Former Employee) –  Middletown, NYOctober 26, 2017
Always extremely short staffed. They hate their nurses. Always worried for my nursing license. You get vacation time but you would never get to use it because there is no staff,
Pros
Close to home
Cons
Disorganized, staffing is always unsafe.
Nice
Guest Relations Representative (Former Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 23, 2017
Good place to work. Very clean and nice hospital. Moved to a new area and had to relocate. There was no advancement there and room for me to grow. Overall nice.
The managers are willing to throw you under the bus
Pharmacy Tech (Current Employee) –  Middletown, NYOctober 17, 2017
Despite good benefits, pay, and vacation time I wouldn't stay in the department I was in. The managers never allow you to take vacations if you don't have enough seniority. Select staff are untouchable no matter how wrong they are. There is a lot of backstabbing involved. Professional courtesy is a myth. In our department alone 5 people quit before they got fully trained.
Pros
Great pay and benefits
Cons
Bad attitudes, overworked, favoritism, can't take time off.
Great hospital, poor volunteer department
Guest Services/HR Representative (Former Employee) –  Orange County, NYOctober 14, 2017
I was a volunteer not a paid employee. The culture and work environment was very professional and structured. The volunteer department, however, was not as developed. Volunteer supervisors said they cared about all of their volunteers, but it did not seem that way. You were assigned to do grunt work that sometimes you were not even qualified for. Some days could be much more stressful than others when having to deal with emergencies. Employees you worked for were friendly, but took advantage of you sometimes. On the other hand, Management in various departments were very friendly and wanted you to feel comfortable. Even as a volunteer I learned so much about working in a professional environment.
Pros
Beautiful campus, friendly staff, Influential Management
Cons
Stressful, rude and confused visitors, short lunch break
fun work place
Environmental Services (Current Employee) –  Middletown, NYOctober 9, 2017
Love working here. supervisors are great. Everyone in this hospital is very nice and so full of love and caring characters. The only reason i am leaving is because i have my career now and its time to move on to better things.
Management if very approachable and available
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Middletown, NYSeptember 30, 2017
There is always something new to learn; most of the doctors are willing to teach; most of the bosses are encouraging yet stern and fair. Pay is good in my opinion but there are very few true full time positions. They do however allow you to work up.
Very stressful job
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Middletown, NYSeptember 14, 2017
I worked at ORMC for 15 years. Boy has that place changed. I used to love coming to work. Very lazy staff who want to get paid to do the minimum. The union is horrible. Works for the bad staff only.
Supplies were hard to get
Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Middletown, NYSeptember 13, 2017
The only complaints that I've heard is that there is a lack of equipment when they are needed which is true. Its difficult for the Nursing Assistants and Nurses to get supplies needed for their job tasks
Pros
Benefits, Pay, Job
Productive place of employment
Clinical Nursing Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Middletown, NYSeptember 10, 2017
At ORMC I cover critical care and Medical/surgical units and because it is a relatively large hospital a typical day is filled with issues requiring immediate resolution. Through the leadership classes offered here I have learned a lot about management. The most difficult part of the job is staffing, with the many call outs, and the most enjoyable part of the job is successful resolution of patient issues.
Pros
Educational opportunities
Cons
Very competitive, minimal opportunities for advancment

Want to know more about Orange Regional Medical Center?

Ask a question
Rewarding place to work. Hospital was an interesting environment.
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Middletown, NYAugust 21, 2017
As a Administrative Assistant in the hospital standards department, I was able to be involved with various hospital departments and assisted in their preparing them for certification.

Assisted with marketing of educational courses for the staff.

Senior Management was business-like; nurse managers excelled in their medical areas and became effective leaders of their department.

The most challenging part of the job were the deadlines for accreditation and literally getting everyone on the same page.

Enjoyable job part: Gaining accreditation after 1.5 years of prep.
and successfully increasing nurses' participation in educational seminars.
Pros
Becoming a recognized face in the many departments of the hospital.
Cons
Difficulty in getting hired as a full timer.
Don't bother unless you want to burn out
Patient Transport (Current Employee) –  Middletown, NYAugust 17, 2017
Never enough staff, emergency department is constantly overflowing, transport requests keep coming and coming when there are only 4 transporters for the entire hospital. Management doesn't care and everyone knows it. Working here has left me burnt out and resentful. The only thing that matters here is ORMC's budget and milking patients for money. Stay away and find a better working environment because this place isn't it.
Benefits
Cons
Understaffed, Poor management
Worst job ever
Technologist (Former Employee) –  NYAugust 14, 2017
Culture is unsupportive and back-stabbing
Management is an absolute mess with manager having no clinical background in said department
No feedback or criticism provided
Many examples of standards of care not being followed
Completely understaffed which results in overworked, tired individuals creating an unsafe environment for the patients
Pros
salary
Cons
no breaks, no feedback or instruction provided, back-stabbing culture, no direction, unsafe environment for patients and staff
Wonderful organization
Certified Rehabilitation Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Middletown, NYAugust 13, 2017
Rehabilitation is a specialty field that ORMC undertook several years ago with amazing results and continued progress. I was also fortunate enough to have worked within the organization under another role which was the quality improvement coordinator; great learning experience.
Pros
benifits
Hectic working environment
Unit Clerk / ER Tech (Former Employee) –  Middletown, NYAugust 11, 2017
I was given the opportunity to advance and given paid training. Once hospital merged it dampened the patient care. This institution black list you for any wrong doing 10years in the medical field I have down the drain no other hospital will hire me. Be mindful security director is out to make a name for himself. I now have a misdemeanor courtesy of that gentleman. They took what little I had and I had to pay for everything and the court fees. Worst time of my life
Pros
Paid training and education
Cons
Short staffed long waits. Barely any breaks for yourself
A very good place to work
Student Nurse (Former Employee) –  Middletown, NYJuly 30, 2017
Orange Regional Medical Center has a very good program for student nurse. The staff were very helpful during my training. As a student nurse, I learned a lot working alongside the dedicated nurses and doctors at the hospital.
culture is back-stabbing and unsupportive
Substance Abuse Counselor/Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Middletown, NYJuly 29, 2017
Many hours of work, too few breaks, no time for self, watch your back, unsupportive, accusatory director, co-workers look for something to gossip about
Pros
good benefits
Cons
staff
Great place to work for experience in patient care.
Progressive Care Unit (PCU) Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Middletown, NYJuly 17, 2017
Orange Regional Medical Canter is a great place for medical work experience. the work environment is respectful and you feel like part of the team. Everyone works well as a unit in an interdisciplinary team for the patient's overall well being. All work rules and expectations are clearly stated in the beginning. The hardest part of the job is the sometimes high patient ratio, but with the amazing teams at ORMC you are able to do your work with confidence. The most enjoyable part of my job was the building of relationships with staff and patients. It was worth going to work everyday because everyday was a new day with new people. Being able to make a difference, big or small, was the best part.
Pros
Employee appreciation, respectful environment
Good work environment
Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Middletown, NYJuly 10, 2017
Short staffing can be an issue but overall ORMC is a good place to work. The management has high expectations for the nurses. They care about quality improvement and patient care.
Na
Staffing Specialist (Current Employee) –  Middletown, NYJune 16, 2017
A typical day at work. Great communication with staff on phone. Some one stress at time but i multitask. It's an Ok job if your interested in not getting paid for your work experience.
Pros
communication
Cons
low pay

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Orange Regional Medical Center. Our community is ready to answer.

Orange Regional Medical Center Reviews by Location