Orange Regional Medical Center Employee Reviews

Patient Transporter (Current Employee) –  Middletown, NYMay 7, 2017
Orange Regional is a great place to work for up and coming nurses. The building is only 5 years old. Workers are top notch and love what they do. The patients always come first and you can see that.
Pros
New building
Cons
poor management
Staff RN
Staff Nurse (Current Employee) –  Middletown, NYMay 5, 2017
Weak union environment where patient satisfaction is the most important thing. Bed management is abysmal being dictated by non-clincal staff at times, forcing the inapropriate movement of patients to acoomodate an overcrowded ER.
Pros
Union wage & benefits - Great co-workers
Cons
Poor management
good
Surgical Technician (Former Employee) –  Middletown, NYApril 26, 2017
This is a good hospital to work at. The management is good, the benefits are excellent. For a union hospital, it runs really smooth. The workers are friendly
good
scheduling
Centralized Scheduling (Former Employee) –  Middletown, NYApril 25, 2017
working for orange regional medical center has been a great experience. I enjoyed knowing I was helping patients with their medical needs while learning all different areas of the medical field.
Pros
health coverage
Cons
requested days off
Excellent place to work
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Middletown, NYApril 23, 2017
ORMC is an excellent place to work. I can see myself working their indefinitely if could stand working nights. The shared governance committee actually makes a difference in policies.
Work in the department is compartmentalized which at times creates boredom
Medical Staff Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Middletown, NYApril 19, 2017
I have worked here and have had a supportive supervisor. I have been allowed to do what I love to do every day and enjoy coming to work. I always tell people that my worst day here is far better than my best day at my previous job over the final three years there.
Histology Technologist (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLApril 17, 2017
I am not employed with this company and I am not aware of any conditions that this facility may have discontinued or adopted since I left over ten years ago.
Pros
not applicable
Cons
not applicable
Busy
Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Middletown, NYApril 13, 2017
Short Staffed and poor compensation. heavy work loads. unsafe staffing, not enough staffing support, patient vs. staffing census too high. Management and staff communication can be improved.
Pros
new hospital
Cons
short staffed
loved hospital nursing
LPN, Internal Medicine (Former Employee) –  Middletown, NYApril 3, 2017
Although the work load was very heavy I enjoyed it. Very challenging . With the numerous amount of doctors from all specialties coming on the floor to see pt the was constant learning opportunities . Our head nurse managers were great. It was the administration that had no clue what it was like to work on the unit. I was there for 15+ years and developed many lasting friendships
Productive and fun work place
Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee) –  Middletown, NYMarch 10, 2017
A good place to work with the aim of providing quality health care to the patients. Fast paced but accuracy is required because a patients life may depend on you
Pros
Paid lunch time
Cons
Short breaks
Good pay, Good insurance,
ED Tech (Current Employee) –  Middletown, NYMarch 9, 2017
Great job, good pay, long hours - perks of the job are the union benefits, health insurance, and tuition reimbursement. Vacation, personal and sick time are very fair and distributed on senority.
Pros
Union job, benefits, and pay
Cons
45 minute break for a 13 hour day, always short staffed
Great place to work, good health insurance
IT Customer Support Analyst III-Senior (Current Employee) –  Middletown, NYFebruary 16, 2017
Have been working here almost 10 years, made a lot of friends and they offer good health insurance. Union employees have even better insurance and additional benefits available.
Pros
Health & Dental Insurance
Cons
Amazing growing medical center.
Secretary - Nursing Education Department (Former Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 15, 2017
Fast growing environment room for advancement. Orange Regional is a medical center with diversity. I would recommend working here to colleagues, family and friends.
its a fun place to work
dietary services (Current Employee) –  Middletown, NYFebruary 2, 2017
This is a fun and safe work environment. The supervisors are passionate about satisfying not only the needs of the patients, but also patrons who rely on the cafeteria and coffee shops for lunch breakfast and dinner.
Human Resources was enjoyable.
Intern (Former Employee) –  Middletown, NYJanuary 28, 2017
I worked as an intern in the Human Resources office for about two months. The staff in the office was very friendly and everyone was hard working.
State of the art facility
Nursing Unit Clerk (Former Employee) –  Middletown, NYJanuary 26, 2017
This is a state of the art facility located in upstate NY. Administration is always looking for ways to improve the patient experience with input from its employees.
great hospital to work
Psychiatric Technician (Former Employee) –  Poughkeepsie, NYJanuary 3, 2017
Worked here for over 4 years, they really value the employees and treat the staff just as great as the patients. really exemplified what good care
Fast paced, productive, and enjoyable workplace
Intern (Current Employee) –  Middletown, NYNovember 2, 2016
As an intern shadowing one of the hospital's senior executives, the typical day at work varied greatly. As an intern I was invited to attend various discussions. From one-on-one's between a Vice President and one of the department heads, to executive meetings and board meetings, my advisor and mentor through this process was fully dedicated to making the most of my experience. I learned an immense amount from this experience, including management techniques, how to deal with unexpected obstacles often faced in healthcare settings, and the immense amount of work that goes into campus expansion projects.
Pros
Unrestricted and comprehensive learning experience throughout all hospital departments
New experience
Guest Relations Representative (Current Employee) –  Same Day SurgeryNovember 1, 2016
I never been around such a positive group of people. They welcomed me with open arm. I learn, grow and strive because of my managers encouragements. I started as per-diem and graduated to full time status.
Pros
group meeting
Cons
free food every week
productive
Registered Central Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Middletown, NYOctober 12, 2016
the work ethics are good, good work place and great people that work there. great benefits and salary. management can be tough but when aren't they. good place to work.
Pros
near by
Cons
management

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Orange Regional Medical Center. Our community is ready to answer.

CEO Approval