Orange Regional Medical Center Employee Reviews

Great place to work for experience in patient care.
Progressive Care Unit (PCU) Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Middletown, NYJuly 17, 2017
Orange Regional Medical Canter is a great place for medical work experience. the work environment is respectful and you feel like part of the team. Everyone works well as a unit in an interdisciplinary team for the patient's overall well being. All work rules and expectations are clearly stated in the beginning. The hardest part of the job is the sometimes high patient ratio, but with the amazing teams at ORMC you are able to do your work with confidence. The most enjoyable part of my job was the building of relationships with staff and patients. It was worth going to work everyday because everyday was a new day with new people. Being able to make a difference, big or small, was the best part.
Pros
Employee appreciation, respectful environment
Good work environment
Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Middletown, NYJuly 10, 2017
Short staffing can be an issue but overall ORMC is a good place to work. The management has high expectations for the nurses. They care about quality improvement and patient care.
Na
Staffing Specialist (Current Employee) –  Middletown, NYJune 16, 2017
A typical day at work. Great communication with staff on phone. Some one stress at time but i multitask. It's an Ok job if your interested in not getting paid for your work experience.
Pros
communication
Cons
low pay
Patient Transporter (Current Employee) –  Middletown, NYMay 7, 2017
Orange Regional is a great place to work for up and coming nurses. The building is only 5 years old. Workers are top notch and love what they do. The patients always come first and you can see that.
Pros
New building
Cons
poor management
Staff RN
Staff Nurse (Current Employee) –  Middletown, NYMay 5, 2017
Weak union environment where patient satisfaction is the most important thing. Bed management is abysmal being dictated by non-clincal staff at times, forcing the inapropriate movement of patients to acoomodate an overcrowded ER.
Pros
Union wage & benefits - Great co-workers
Cons
Poor management
good
Surgical Technician (Former Employee) –  Middletown, NYApril 26, 2017
This is a good hospital to work at. The management is good, the benefits are excellent. For a union hospital, it runs really smooth. The workers are friendly
good
scheduling
Centralized Scheduling (Former Employee) –  Middletown, NYApril 25, 2017
working for orange regional medical center has been a great experience. I enjoyed knowing I was helping patients with their medical needs while learning all different areas of the medical field.
Pros
health coverage
Cons
requested days off
Excellent place to work
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Middletown, NYApril 23, 2017
ORMC is an excellent place to work. I can see myself working their indefinitely if could stand working nights. The shared governance committee actually makes a difference in policies.
Work in the department is compartmentalized which at times creates boredom
Medical Staff Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Middletown, NYApril 19, 2017
I have worked here and have had a supportive supervisor. I have been allowed to do what I love to do every day and enjoy coming to work. I always tell people that my worst day here is far better than my best day at my previous job over the final three years there.
Histology Technologist (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLApril 17, 2017
I am not employed with this company and I am not aware of any conditions that this facility may have discontinued or adopted since I left over ten years ago.
Pros
not applicable
Cons
not applicable
Busy
Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Middletown, NYApril 13, 2017
Short Staffed and poor compensation. heavy work loads. unsafe staffing, not enough staffing support, patient vs. staffing census too high. Management and staff communication can be improved.
Pros
new hospital
Cons
short staffed
loved hospital nursing
LPN, Internal Medicine (Former Employee) –  Middletown, NYApril 3, 2017
Although the work load was very heavy I enjoyed it. Very challenging . With the numerous amount of doctors from all specialties coming on the floor to see pt the was constant learning opportunities . Our head nurse managers were great. It was the administration that had no clue what it was like to work on the unit. I was there for 15+ years and developed many lasting friendships
Productive and fun work place
Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee) –  Middletown, NYMarch 10, 2017
A good place to work with the aim of providing quality health care to the patients. Fast paced but accuracy is required because a patients life may depend on you
Pros
Paid lunch time
Cons
Short breaks
Good pay, Good insurance,
ED Tech (Current Employee) –  Middletown, NYMarch 9, 2017
Great job, good pay, long hours - perks of the job are the union benefits, health insurance, and tuition reimbursement. Vacation, personal and sick time are very fair and distributed on senority.
Pros
Union job, benefits, and pay
Cons
45 minute break for a 13 hour day, always short staffed
Great place to work, good health insurance
IT Customer Support Analyst III-Senior (Current Employee) –  Middletown, NYFebruary 16, 2017
Have been working here almost 10 years, made a lot of friends and they offer good health insurance. Union employees have even better insurance and additional benefits available.
Pros
Health & Dental Insurance
Cons
Amazing growing medical center.
Secretary - Nursing Education Department (Former Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 15, 2017
Fast growing environment room for advancement. Orange Regional is a medical center with diversity. I would recommend working here to colleagues, family and friends.
its a fun place to work
dietary services (Current Employee) –  Middletown, NYFebruary 2, 2017
This is a fun and safe work environment. The supervisors are passionate about satisfying not only the needs of the patients, but also patrons who rely on the cafeteria and coffee shops for lunch breakfast and dinner.
Human Resources was enjoyable.
Intern (Former Employee) –  Middletown, NYJanuary 28, 2017
I worked as an intern in the Human Resources office for about two months. The staff in the office was very friendly and everyone was hard working.
State of the art facility
Nursing Unit Clerk (Former Employee) –  Middletown, NYJanuary 26, 2017
This is a state of the art facility located in upstate NY. Administration is always looking for ways to improve the patient experience with input from its employees.
great hospital to work
Psychiatric Technician (Former Employee) –  Poughkeepsie, NYJanuary 3, 2017
Worked here for over 4 years, they really value the employees and treat the staff just as great as the patients. really exemplified what good care

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Orange Regional Medical Center. Our community is ready to answer.

Orange Regional Medical Center Reviews by Location