Orange Regional Medical Center Employee Reviews

Don't bother unless you want to burn out
Patient Transport (Current Employee) –  Middletown, NYAugust 17, 2017
Never enough staff, emergency department is constantly overflowing, transport requests keep coming and coming when there are only 4 transporters for the entire hospital. Management doesn't care and everyone knows it. Working here has left me burnt out and resentful. The only thing that matters here is ORMC's budget and milking patients for money. Stay away and find a better working environment because this place isn't it.
Benefits
Cons
Understaffed, Poor management
Worst job ever
Technologist (Former Employee) –  NYAugust 14, 2017
Culture is unsupportive and back-stabbing
Management is an absolute mess with manager having no clinical background in said department
No feedback or criticism provided
Many examples of standards of care not being followed
Completely understaffed which results in overworked, tired individuals creating an unsafe environment for the patients
Pros
salary
Cons
no breaks, no feedback or instruction provided, back-stabbing culture, no direction, unsafe environment for patients and staff
Wonderful organization
Certified Rehabilitation Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Middletown, NYAugust 13, 2017
Rehabilitation is a specialty field that ORMC undertook several years ago with amazing results and continued progress. I was also fortunate enough to have worked within the organization under another role which was the quality improvement coordinator; great learning experience.
Pros
benifits
Hectic working environment
Unit Clerk / ER Tech (Former Employee) –  Middletown, NYAugust 11, 2017
I was given the opportunity to advance and given paid training. Once hospital merged it dampened the patient care. This institution black list you for any wrong doing 10years in the medical field I have down the drain no other hospital will hire me. Be mindful security director is out to make a name for himself. I now have a misdemeanor courtesy of that gentleman. They took what little I had and I had to pay for everything and the court fees. Worst time of my life
Pros
Paid training and education
Cons
Short staffed long waits. Barely any breaks for yourself
A very good place to work
Student Nurse (Former Employee) –  Middletown, NYJuly 30, 2017
Orange Regional Medical Center has a very good program for student nurse. The staff were very helpful during my training. As a student nurse, I learned a lot working alongside the dedicated nurses and doctors at the hospital.
culture is back-stabbing and unsupportive
Substance Abuse Counselor/Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Middletown, NYJuly 29, 2017
Many hours of work, too few breaks, no time for self, watch your back, unsupportive, accusatory director, co-workers look for something to gossip about
Pros
good benefits
Cons
staff
Great place to work for experience in patient care.
Progressive Care Unit (PCU) Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Middletown, NYJuly 17, 2017
Orange Regional Medical Canter is a great place for medical work experience. the work environment is respectful and you feel like part of the team. Everyone works well as a unit in an interdisciplinary team for the patient's overall well being. All work rules and expectations are clearly stated in the beginning. The hardest part of the job is the sometimes high patient ratio, but with the amazing teams at ORMC you are able to do your work with confidence. The most enjoyable part of my job was the building of relationships with staff and patients. It was worth going to work everyday because everyday was a new day with new people. Being able to make a difference, big or small, was the best part.
Pros
Employee appreciation, respectful environment
Good work environment
Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Middletown, NYJuly 10, 2017
Short staffing can be an issue but overall ORMC is a good place to work. The management has high expectations for the nurses. They care about quality improvement and patient care.
Na
Staffing Specialist (Current Employee) –  Middletown, NYJune 16, 2017
A typical day at work. Great communication with staff on phone. Some one stress at time but i multitask. It's an Ok job if your interested in not getting paid for your work experience.
Pros
communication
Cons
low pay
Patient Transporter (Current Employee) –  Middletown, NYMay 7, 2017
Orange Regional is a great place to work for up and coming nurses. The building is only 5 years old. Workers are top notch and love what they do. The patients always come first and you can see that.
Pros
New building
Cons
poor management
Staff RN
Staff Nurse (Current Employee) –  Middletown, NYMay 5, 2017
Weak union environment where patient satisfaction is the most important thing. Bed management is abysmal being dictated by non-clincal staff at times, forcing the inapropriate movement of patients to acoomodate an overcrowded ER.
Pros
Union wage & benefits - Great co-workers
Cons
Poor management
good
Surgical Technician (Former Employee) –  Middletown, NYApril 26, 2017
This is a good hospital to work at. The management is good, the benefits are excellent. For a union hospital, it runs really smooth. The workers are friendly
good
scheduling
Centralized Scheduling (Former Employee) –  Middletown, NYApril 25, 2017
working for orange regional medical center has been a great experience. I enjoyed knowing I was helping patients with their medical needs while learning all different areas of the medical field.
Pros
health coverage
Cons
requested days off
Excellent place to work
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Middletown, NYApril 23, 2017
ORMC is an excellent place to work. I can see myself working their indefinitely if could stand working nights. The shared governance committee actually makes a difference in policies.
Work in the department is compartmentalized which at times creates boredom
Medical Staff Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Middletown, NYApril 19, 2017
I have worked here and have had a supportive supervisor. I have been allowed to do what I love to do every day and enjoy coming to work. I always tell people that my worst day here is far better than my best day at my previous job over the final three years there.
Histology Technologist (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLApril 17, 2017
I am not employed with this company and I am not aware of any conditions that this facility may have discontinued or adopted since I left over ten years ago.
Pros
not applicable
Cons
not applicable
Busy
Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Middletown, NYApril 13, 2017
Short Staffed and poor compensation. heavy work loads. unsafe staffing, not enough staffing support, patient vs. staffing census too high. Management and staff communication can be improved.
Pros
new hospital
Cons
short staffed
loved hospital nursing
LPN, Internal Medicine (Former Employee) –  Middletown, NYApril 3, 2017
Although the work load was very heavy I enjoyed it. Very challenging . With the numerous amount of doctors from all specialties coming on the floor to see pt the was constant learning opportunities . Our head nurse managers were great. It was the administration that had no clue what it was like to work on the unit. I was there for 15+ years and developed many lasting friendships
Productive and fun work place
Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee) –  Middletown, NYMarch 10, 2017
A good place to work with the aim of providing quality health care to the patients. Fast paced but accuracy is required because a patients life may depend on you
Pros
Paid lunch time
Cons
Short breaks
Good pay, Good insurance,
ED Tech (Current Employee) –  Middletown, NYMarch 9, 2017
Great job, good pay, long hours - perks of the job are the union benefits, health insurance, and tuition reimbursement. Vacation, personal and sick time are very fair and distributed on senority.
Pros
Union job, benefits, and pay
Cons
45 minute break for a 13 hour day, always short staffed

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Orange Regional Medical Center. Our community is ready to answer.

Orange Regional Medical Center Reviews by Location