Orange Regional Medical Center Employee Reviews

Great place to work, good health insurance
IT Customer Support Analyst III-Senior (Current Employee) –  Middletown, NYFebruary 16, 2017
Have been working here almost 10 years, made a lot of friends and they offer good health insurance. Union employees have even better insurance and additional benefits available.
Pros
Health & Dental Insurance
Cons
Amazing growing medical center.
Secretary - Nursing Education Department (Former Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 15, 2017
Fast growing environment room for advancement. Orange Regional is a medical center with diversity. I would recommend working here to colleagues, family and friends.
its a fun place to work
dietary services (Current Employee) –  Middletown, NYFebruary 2, 2017
This is a fun and safe work environment. The supervisors are passionate about satisfying not only the needs of the patients, but also patrons who rely on the cafeteria and coffee shops for lunch breakfast and dinner.
Human Resources was enjoyable.
Intern (Former Employee) –  Middletown, NYJanuary 28, 2017
I worked as an intern in the Human Resources office for about two months. The staff in the office was very friendly and everyone was hard working.
State of the art facility
Nursing Unit Clerk (Former Employee) –  Middletown, NYJanuary 26, 2017
This is a state of the art facility located in upstate NY. Administration is always looking for ways to improve the patient experience with input from its employees.
great hospital to work
Psychiatric Technician (Former Employee) –  Poughkeepsie, NYJanuary 3, 2017
Worked here for over 4 years, they really value the employees and treat the staff just as great as the patients. really exemplified what good care
Fast paced, productive, and enjoyable workplace
Intern (Current Employee) –  Middletown, NYNovember 2, 2016
As an intern shadowing one of the hospital's senior executives, the typical day at work varied greatly. As an intern I was invited to attend various discussions. From one-on-one's between a Vice President and one of the department heads, to executive meetings and board meetings, my advisor and mentor through this process was fully dedicated to making the most of my experience. I learned an immense amount from this experience, including management techniques, how to deal with unexpected obstacles often faced in healthcare settings, and the immense amount of work that goes into campus expansion projects.
Pros
Unrestricted and comprehensive learning experience throughout all hospital departments
New experience
Guest Relations Representative (Current Employee) –  Same Day SurgeryNovember 1, 2016
I never been around such a positive group of people. They welcomed me with open arm. I learn, grow and strive because of my managers encouragements. I started as per-diem and graduated to full time status.
Pros
group meeting
Cons
free food every week
productive
Registered Central Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Middletown, NYOctober 12, 2016
the work ethics are good, good work place and great people that work there. great benefits and salary. management can be tough but when aren't they. good place to work.
Pros
near by
Cons
management
Nice Modern Hospital
Central Sterile Services, Full Time (Former Employee) –  Middletown, NYNovember 2, 2015
Orange Regional is a new modern hospital. Most people were nice with the exception of the Central Service Staff. Workers were not certified and felt threatened by a certified CRCST technician.
ok place to work
Developer & Business Analyst (EPIC) (Current Employee) –  middletown,NYSeptember 3, 2015
its an ok place to work. knowing what you are doing matters. you do get opportunities to learn with them. overall not a bad place to work.
Challenging and fast paced environment
ED Technician (Current Employee) –  Emergency DepartmentAugust 2, 2015
Excellent people skills necessary to create confidence in level of care and reasons to return. The fast pace and high patient load are a challenge and the reward is the gratitude of the patients and the families who enter with needs and concerns and leave with confidence that they got the best care available.
Pros
Satisfaction of helping people feel better
Cons
Occaisional patient losses
Love my job!
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Middletown, NYAugust 1, 2015
I am in the float pool and I love working with different staff members every day, I also like the wide variety of patients I get the opportunity to work with.
Pros
Great scheduling
Cons
poor staffing at times
great place to work.
Kaizen Specialist (Former Employee) –  Middletown, NYJuly 8, 2015
A very nice place to work. Days go by fast because of the large amounts of material be reviewed each day. Everyday there is something new to learn that you could use the next day. Management are warm, understanding while motivating each employee to do there best..

Co workers at ORMC are some of the nicest people you would ever want to meet and work next to. Thoughtful, compassionate and smart,. very smart.

The hardest part of the job is trying to change a process - to improve outcomes. Most people do not like change, so the trick is to let them understand and actually see why a change would work better for 'them'.

The feeling of accomplishment, making a difference in someone's life was without a doubt the best part of my position at ORMC.
Cons
Not enough hands on medical employees (RN, RT, LAB TECHS)
Very busy hospital where you must always be on your toes and ready for anything.
E.D. Technician/Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Middletown, NYJune 29, 2015
Working in the ER was amazing, always fast paced and busy. Emergency patient care is where I felt at peace, and like my job really mattered.
People are great, management not so much
Kitchen Worker (Former Employee) –  Middletown, NYJune 17, 2015
the employees in the kitchen are wonderful, mostly all get along and just make working there fun. management however isnt, they lie all they can to cover their butt. my 90 day probation was a 120 day, and it was only me. the director lies to have her way, she claims she knows everything that goes on in her kitchen but she cant name 10 employees she has. its unbelievable how many people in this place lie just to lie, like nothing has ever been life or death to lie over. just small stuff.

its union too, but like u arent bulletproof, i learned that the hard way. but at the same time u get a huge defense to anything the hospital tries to do to u.
Pros
$7 towards lunch each day
Cons
management lies about everything
Long hours but decent
IT Customer Service Analyst (Former Employee) –  Middletown, NYJune 10, 2015
I had a lot of shifts that consisted of long hours, but it was well worth it, benefits package was awesome and management was decent, but I was working there during a time of transition.
SURGICAL MATERIALS COORDINATOR (Former Employee) –  Middletown, NYMay 8, 2015
Poorly managed, the lunatics are running the asylum.High turn over of new and skilled workers, old alumni with little or no skills never seem to leave.
Pros
Patients
Cons
employees
short term position
HHA (Former Employee) –  Middletown, NYMarch 13, 2015
Wonderful experience. gained knowledge during short term assignment.
Would love to be hired full time to work in the hospital. the work and home balance would be exceptional
Fun loving people work hard to care for our patients here
Nursing Director, Oncology Care Services (Current Employee) –  Middletown, NYJanuary 15, 2015
Workload is structured, employees are included in the plans to grow as an organization, co-workers are fun loving, hard working people. Hardest part of the job is having time to do everything you want. Most enjoyable part of the job is spending time with patients.
Pros
Good envirnment

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Orange Regional Medical Center. Our community is ready to answer.

Orange Regional Medical Center Reviews by Location