Orange Regional Medical Center

Orange Regional Medical Center Employee Reviews

Very busy hospital where you must always be on your toes and ready for anything.
E.D. Technician/Phlebotomist (Former Employee), Middletown, NYJune 29, 2015
Working in the ER was amazing, always fast paced and busy. Emergency patient care is where I felt at peace, and like my job really mattered.
People are great, management not so much
Kitchen Worker (Former Employee), Middletown, NYJune 17, 2015
Pros: $7 towards lunch each day
Cons: management lies about everything
the employees in the kitchen are wonderful, mostly all get along and just make working there fun. management however isnt, they lie all they can to cover their butt. my 90 day probation was a 120 day, and it was only me. the director lies to have her way, she claims she knows everything that goes on in her kitchen but she cant name 10 employees she has. its unbelievable how many people in this place lie just to lie, like nothing has ever been life or death to lie over. just small stuff.

its union too, but like u arent bulletproof, i learned that the hard way. but at the same time u get a huge defense to anything the hospital tries to do to u.
Long hours but decent
IT Customer Service Analyst (Former Employee), Middletown, NYJune 10, 2015
I had a lot of shifts that consisted of long hours, but it was well worth it, benefits package was awesome and management was decent, but I was working there during a time of transition.
SURGICAL MATERIALS COORDINATOR (Former Employee), Middletown, NYMay 8, 2015
Pros: Patients
Cons: employees
Poorly managed, the lunatics are running the asylum.High turn over of new and skilled workers, old alumni with little or no skills never seem to leave.
short term position
HHA (Former Employee), Middletown, NYMarch 13, 2015
Wonderful experience. gained knowledge during short term assignment.
Would love to be hired full time to work in the hospital. the work and home balance would be exceptional
Fun loving people work hard to care for our patients here
Nursing Director, Oncology Care Services (Current Employee), Middletown, NYJanuary 15, 2015
Pros: good envirnment
Workload is structured, employees are included in the plans to grow as an organization, co-workers are fun loving, hard working people. Hardest part of the job is having time to do everything you want. Most enjoyable part of the job is spending time with patients.
Shipping/receiving and distribution of medical supplies throughout the hospital.
Central Material Handler (Former Employee), Middletown, NYNovember 11, 2014
Pros: very lenient with breaks.
Cons: not enough personnel.
Received medical supplies and distributed them as needed.
Working in a Hosptial
Certified Nurse Aide, Nurse Unit Clerk (Former Employee), Middletown, NYOctober 16, 2014
Pros: made a few close friends
Cons: no breaks, got yelled at for bathroom breaks
A day there at ORMC, was answering the phones, call bells, assistanting nurses and doctors, and all.
ORMC
Registered Nurse (Former Employee), Middletown, NYOctober 8, 2014
great health benefits, good suport as a new nurse for orientation.
A GREAT PLACE TO WORK
Clinical Queue Nurse Interventional Radiology (Former Employee), Middletown, NYSeptember 14, 2014
Pros: employee recognition "star program" decent pay and benefits
Cons: still having growing pains, but trying new tactics to serve the community better
A very good place to work and be a patient. I feel for the most part everyone tries to be their best for all the patients. Management is sometimes distant they seem to have to handle too many departments per department head. Management and the union seem to have a decent relationship (for the RN division at least). I feel I was well paid and had great co-workers, we were very independent and did a great job. They are still my friends even though I am no longer there.
Good experience
IT Intern (Former Employee), Middletown, NYJuly 25, 2014
amazing co-workers. enjoyable days. good pay. harder part was all the constant walking, but good for your health!
run, don't walk away from this place
registered nurse (Former Employee), med surgeJuly 5, 2014
Pros: patients, salary, benefits
Cons: schedule, some coworkers, management, and the overall cover your a $$ mentality took away from patient care
Worst experience I have ever had as an RN. This place pitches you one thing during the interview but it is completely different when you are on the floor. This place is disorganized and management was a nightmare to deal with. Management could never agree on anything. Some took great pleasure in inventing stories while others suffered from amnesia when they found it most convenient. There was absolutely noone to turn to when you had a problem, but for some reason, you were "contributing to a union" on a biweekly basis. Could just be the position I had, but this place has left a very sour taste in my mouth- to put it lightly.
Fast Paced, enjoyable environment
Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee), Middletown, NYApril 27, 2014
Required to take care of patients aged pediatric to geriatric.
I've learned many health care related things from RN's, LPN's, Physicians, previous Nurse Mangers, and other medical staff. Enjoyed working and meeting new patients and building relationships. Hardest part of the job is working with others including management.
First job as a Registered Nurse
Registered Nurse (Former Employee), Middletown, NYApril 12, 2014
Pros: intensive orientation program
I worked here during my 5th semester in Nursing School as a Nurses aid. I stayed there after receiving my Registered Nurse license. It was a good" first "facility to work in because It had an extensive orientation program and my fellow nurses where very helpful.
ok
Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee), Middletown, NYMarch 30, 2014
ok I love it its different every day typical day at work
•what you learned
•management
•your co-workers
•the hardest part of the job
•the most enjoyable part of the job
Safe and theraputic unit for individuals with mental health issues.
Psychiatric Technician (Current Employee), Middletown, NYFebruary 10, 2014
The first half hour is pre-conference. The evening shift and day shift communicate any problems or accomplishments the patients had during the previous shift. As a psychiatric technician I give out food trays, help with ADL's if needed and provide theraputic conversation. When the unit is violent it keeps me more aware of my surroundings and the safety of the patients. However it is greatly overshadowed when seeing a patient at their optimal level and leaving with the knowledge they need to succeed.
Answered phones, scheduled appointments, assisted patients and physicians.
Interventional Scheduler (Former Employee), Middletown, NYFebruary 3, 2014
Very busy. Loved working with patients, co-workers and physicians.
Favoritism
Bed control liaison (Former Employee), Middletown, NYDecember 26, 2013
Pros: insurance benefits
Cons: not much room for advancement.
This place sold me on a dream of a better healing place. A place where the patients needs and concerns should have come first, but was not the case. I love my job and the patients I took care of. Politics got in the way of patients care. A place that was so worried about nepotism that they allowed bullying and favoritism strive. And like another review, the union reps rubbing elbows with administration. Never did the people of the community have a chance of the power that a union promises. There is no loyalty to the staff nor to our patients. We lost the family unit we were as 2 different sites. The bickering of we did it better here or there rather than just adapting to change. Some employees too many employees getting away with not actually working directing others to pick up their slack (guaranteed they are the same who will call out on a holiday). Some management feeding fuel to the fire while others just simply had no clue or I try to believe they would have stopped the butchering to new employees or the patients that were affected by the lack of team work or communication.
state of the art facility
CLINICAL EXTERNSHIP (Former Employee), Middletown, NYNovember 28, 2013
Pros: state of the art
Cons: job placement
Doing my externship there, I was trained well by the OR staff.
A nice family oriented place
Material Handler (Current Employee), Middletown, NYJuly 29, 2013
its a typical hospital environment; a regular day is real busy and nurses are very demanding

Orange Regional Medical Center Salaries