Orange Unified School District

Orange Unified School District Employer Reviews

Great positive work enviornment
Instructional Assistant (Former Employee), Orange, CAOctober 2, 2014
I worked with this company for 4 years and learned so much. I learned to be more patient and deal with problems in a different way that I would have prior.
Fun Music Lessons
Music Teacher (Former Employee), Orange, CAAugust 21, 2014
Had the opportunity to work with 11 elementary schools in 3 cities throughout the district.
Great school
Executive Assistant to VP (Former Employee), Villa Park, CAAugust 7, 2014
Pros: hours, benefits
Great job, loved working with students and working in the school setting. Great hours and good benefits.
great place to work
Vehicle Maintenance Foreman (Current Employee), Orange, CAMay 7, 2014
I really enjoy being one of the manager's there and the staff is great
Fun opportunity to work with high school students
Coach (Current Employee), Anaheim HillsApril 23, 2014
This job is a great opportunity to help high school students achieve their athletic goals and reach their full potential in the sport of track and field. As a part time walk on coach, the management is flexible and understanding of other work commitments. The hardest part of the job is corresponding with my assistant coach. The most enjoyable part of this job is seeing positive growth in my student athletes.
School Bus Driver (Current Employee), CAApril 21, 2014
Pros: working with the public everyday.
Cons: having to remain calm and positive while students might be having a hard day
A typical day at work is always full of surprises. The students always make my job very enjoyable. I have learned to be patient. Sometimes the traffic or students tend to be difficult, but I have to relax and find a solution to every situation while remaining calm and positive.
Volunteer at OUSD
Volunteer Work (Current Employee), Anaheim, CANovember 13, 2013
I enjoy my experience volunteering in the Orange Unified School District. The most enjoyable part of my job is working with the students. Although it is a challenge, I find it exciting to get to know how each mind works and how I can come to a common ground with the student to help him/her succeed. The most challenging part is replacing negative behaviors with being productive in school work. Its also challenging when circumstances at home are impeding the child's progress in school or parents do not have a correct understanding of how to best help their child. I enjoy providing information about treatment strategies to caregivers and using my bilingual skills to reach a greater population of diverse cultures. I have had no difficulties in dealings with other co-workers, principals, or nurses. For the most part all co-workers have been very friendly and appreciative of my help at the school. I learned to immerse myself in the opportunity that I have to get familiar my career and take advantage of all that I can to avoid making mistakes later on in my job.
great job
Instructional aide and ABA therapist (Current Employee), orange, caOctober 30, 2013
Pros: good hours
Cons: no benifits
was great to work there just looking for something in cosmetology field
Large K-12 School District
Substitute Teacher K-12 (Current Employee), Orange, CASeptember 5, 2013
Cons: no benefits
As a substitute Teacher in this district there is always availability for work. Many principals are looking for subs that show promise as long term subs and contracted teachers.
good place to work
Substitute Teacher (Current Employee), Orange, CAJuly 24, 2013
Called on daily basis to cover teacher absence. continue to learn and stay on top of new teaching practices. hardest part-- inconsistent schedule and varied job site.
Challenging and stressful but somewhat rewarding
First Grade Teacher (Former Employee), Anaheim, CAOctober 2, 2012
I enjoyed working with my first grade students, many of whom were bright, curious and engaging. I learned that these students' parents came from middle to upper middle class backgrounds and I was trusted. That was the most enjoyable part of the job--the students! The hardest part of the job was the management. My manager, specifically, my principal was very critical of me but didn't offer me any constructive criticism or guidance.
Orange Unified is an Excellent School District
Secondary Math Teacher (Former Employee), Villa Park, CASeptember 13, 2012
Pros: unbeatable benefits
All of the school district support staff members are knowledgable, patient and helpful to district employees. I can say the same thing about the principal and faculty at CVMS where I was employed. The students are enthusuastic and their parents are involved in their child's success.
Supportive
Elementary School Teacher (Current Employee), orange, californiaMay 10, 2012
My experience with my peers has been amazing. As teachers we learn from each other and we all have something to offer.
it was a lot of fun.
Nutrition Awareness Rep (Former Employee), Orange, CAApril 9, 2012
it gave me a chance in high school to get the experience of having a job
Enjoyed working with the Children. Being able to help them after school.
Child Care Assistant Lead Substitute (Former Employee), Orange, CAMarch 16, 2012
Pros: snacks
Cons: short breaks
The company was great to work for. Focus on safety of children after school. I was given a schedule and school location. They were there for any questions or help.