Orange Unified School District Employee Reviews in United States

Great teacher support
Special Education Teacher (Former Employee) –  Orange, CAJune 10, 2016
There are many professional development opportunities for new teachers, as well as mentors. The district will also pay for new teachers' courses for subject certifications.
Overview
Instructional Aide (Current Employee) –  Orange, CAMay 29, 2016
Overall I enjoy the work I do with the kids, but the organization is sometimes not the best. It is difficult as we want to do more with the kids but some of the funding is not there or the kids are not placed in the proper environments.
Pros
I enjoy my job and most of the folks I work with.
Cons
Low pay, I only work parttime.
I am proud to be a member of this team
Security (Current Employee) –  Orange, CAMay 28, 2016
Communication to next shift on previous events are enjoyable. Management post updates timely and detailed. Co-workers share data on resolution of occurrences. Radionics are sometimes difficult to read. Professionalism is exceptional.
Pros
Secure work site
Excellent
School Bus Driver (Former Employee) –  Orange, CAApril 20, 2016
Learned a lot under OCUSD. Everyone was very pleasant to work with. Over 20 years of service provided and never had any issues. Flexible, great benefits.
Student Leadership
Student Leader (Former Employee) –  CAJanuary 6, 2016
I would go to the special needs students class to help the students get better organized and assist the teachers with lessons.
Pros
You feel very good about yourself
Cons
None that i can think of
fun productive work plce
Child Care Aide (Former Employee) –  Orange, CADecember 9, 2015
I worked for OUSD for 5 years and it was a great opportunity, I advanced and had a fun time working with the children and staff.
My most rewarding job
Special Education Inst Aide/Noon Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Orange, CAJune 21, 2015
Working with teachers and students with special needs for the past 7 years has been extremely rewarding. I enjoyed the challenge of providing each individual student with specific goals to help to ensure their academic achievement. I strive to create each lesson to be fun and engaging for students to keep their interest while stay within the curriculum guidelines. The most rewarding feeling I have had throughout my years at the school district has been seeing our special education students transition into the general education classroom.
Great Organization
Chinese Translator (Current Employee) –  OUSDApril 20, 2015
Very supportive and concerned about their students. Teachers and staff are very friendly. The district office provides good guidance and responsive to meet the staff's need.
Pros
Organized
Wonderful work environment and Great People!
Food Service Assistant (Current Employee) –  Orange, CAFebruary 15, 2015
Working for the OUSD is a good experience and it is an even better job; however, I am looking to relocate presently. My daily duties here keep me quite busy with inventory, organization, food prep and serving to the students,
Great positive work enviornment
Instructional Assistant (Former Employee) –  Orange, CAOctober 2, 2014
I worked with this company for 4 years and learned so much. I learned to be more patient and deal with problems in a different way that I would have prior.
Fun Music Lessons
Music Teacher (Former Employee) –  Orange, CAAugust 21, 2014
Had the opportunity to work with 11 elementary schools in 3 cities throughout the district.
Great school
Executive Assistant to VP (Former Employee) –  Villa Park, CAAugust 7, 2014
Great job, loved working with students and working in the school setting. Great hours and good benefits.
Pros
hours, benefits
great place to work
Vehicle Maintenance Foreman (Current Employee) –  Orange, CAMay 7, 2014
I really enjoy being one of the manager's there and the staff is great
Fun opportunity to work with high school students
Coach (Current Employee) –  Anaheim HillsApril 23, 2014
This job is a great opportunity to help high school students achieve their athletic goals and reach their full potential in the sport of track and field. As a part time walk on coach, the management is flexible and understanding of other work commitments. The hardest part of the job is corresponding with my assistant coach. The most enjoyable part of this job is seeing positive growth in my student athletes.
School Bus Driver (Current Employee) –  CAApril 21, 2014
A typical day at work is always full of surprises. The students always make my job very enjoyable. I have learned to be patient. Sometimes the traffic or students tend to be difficult, but I have to relax and find a solution to every situation while remaining calm and positive.
Pros
working with the public everyday.
Cons
having to remain calm and positive while students might be having a hard day
great job
Instructional aide and ABA therapist (Current Employee) –  orange, caOctober 30, 2013
was great to work there just looking for something in cosmetology field
Pros
good hours
Cons
no benifits
Large K-12 School District
Substitute Teacher K-12 (Current Employee) –  Orange, CASeptember 5, 2013
As a substitute Teacher in this district there is always availability for work. Many principals are looking for subs that show promise as long term subs and contracted teachers.
Cons
no benefits
good place to work
Substitute Teacher (Current Employee) –  Orange, CAJuly 24, 2013
Called on daily basis to cover teacher absence. continue to learn and stay on top of new teaching practices. hardest part-- inconsistent schedule and varied job site.
Challenging and stressful but somewhat rewarding
First Grade Teacher (Former Employee) –  Anaheim, CAOctober 2, 2012
I enjoyed working with my first grade students, many of whom were bright, curious and engaging. I learned that these students' parents came from middle to upper middle class backgrounds and I was trusted. That was the most enjoyable part of the job--the students! The hardest part of the job was the management. My manager, specifically, my principal was very critical of me but didn't offer me any constructive criticism or guidance.
Orange Unified is an Excellent School District
Secondary Math Teacher (Former Employee) –  Villa Park, CASeptember 13, 2012
All of the school district support staff members are knowledgable, patient and helpful to district employees. I can say the same thing about the principal and faculty at CVMS where I was employed. The students are enthusuastic and their parents are involved in their child's success.
Pros
unbeatable benefits

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Orange Unified School District. Our community is ready to answer.

4.3