Due to the strategy, corporate development & innovation context, the statements contained in this job description are not necessarily all-inclusive; additional duties may be assigned and requirements may vary from time to time.
As a Technology and Market Trends Analyst working for a division of global telecommunications company, you will be responsible for identifying and evaluating new products & technology in the subject domain. The ideal candidate is a passionate technophile and has experience with technology assessment, business development, network architecture and system design. The candidate should possess a ‘can do’ attitude and comfortable in writing technical & business reports, articulating to upper management and customers by presentations & demos.
- Write whitepapers/presentations by taking into account market intelligence, benchmarks and innovative revenue models to target top management on strategic topics relevant to core and growth areas for Telcos.
- Follow developments in non business environment such as regulatory impact to analyze potential implication on Telco offerings.
- Identify disruptive and incremental innovations happening in the Silicon Valley ecosystem and engage with innovators in the subject domain.
- Evangelize to our ecosystem in Silicon Valley and participate actively in meet-ups, conferences, and events, build strong connections with universities, Telcos, internet, and mobile companies.
- Work closely with strategy, corporate development, M&A, and product development teams in our business units to influence company strategy into their product lines.
- Establish effective working relationships with Orange units to evangelize and get technical and business validation of proposed innovation, which may imply trips to France and business countries for short periods of time
- MS Computer Science or Engineering (or equivalent) and MBA is required.
- Experience in network and service deployment cycle.
- Experience in designing, engineering, and/or deploying network infrastructure and services with carriers and/or Internet Service Providers.
- Experience in network equipment architecture.
- Experience in business analysis and cost models applied to Telco network infrastructure and services.
- Knowledge of Internet-based service delivery architecture
- Knowledge of mobile network architecture and technology
- Knowledge of broadband network architecture and technology
- Innovation mind-set and outstanding communication skills.
- Involvement in industry-wide initiatives and partnership, writing technical publications and white papers.
- Minimum 5-8 years overall experience of which 2-4 years as Technology Analyst & Strategy development experience in the Telco network architecture and services space is desired.
- Minimum 2 years of experience doing technology partnership and business development.
- Strong project management skill including the ability to handle multiple parallel projects.
- Ability to work in an agile environment with rapid product testing, benchmark, and iteration.
- Knowledge and/or fluency in French are a strong plus.
NO RELOCATION PACKAGE
Indeed - 16 months ago
Orange Silicon Valley (OSV) is the Bay Area division of one of the world’s leading telecommunications operators. At Orange Silicon...