Orangetheory Fitness Employee Reviews

Fun Experience
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Brandon, FL 33511January 13, 2018
Great relations with the members and staff.

Management needs improvement.

Great workouts and environment

Coaches are very fun!

Program will get you in great shape and provide the tools to set up a plan for success for your fitness goals.
Great Company
Lead Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Moorestown, NJJanuary 5, 2018
Ample opportunity to grow. Work culture is fantastic and clients are great to work with. Would encourage anyone looking to enter the fitness space to apply here.
Terrible management and leadership
Member consultant (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHJanuary 1, 2018
Unfair expectations, poor management and training, drama, gossip and lack of integrity, had to pay for parking daily, other staff were not reprimanded for their mistakes but blame was placed on easiest target
No advancement
GROUP FITNESS COACH (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILDecember 27, 2017
This company has different owners because each studio is individually owned so there all different rules for each studio. A lot of employee turnover and no room for advancement.
Pros
members
Cons
Poor management
High Energy Workplace
Studio Manager (Former Employee) –  Brentwood, CADecember 19, 2017
Fun and challenging. Good on board training. The concept of the fitness classes is one of a kind. It is the best 60 min workout around. I would recommend these classes to everyone.
Excellent environment for fitness lovers
Fitness Coach (Current Employee) –  Mt. Juliet, TNDecember 19, 2017
I've only been working a few months and I absolutely love going to work everyday. This is literally my dream job. So if you have a love for fitness, helping people, and a fun environment then this is the place for you!
Fun place to work but management plays favorites.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  ArizonaDecember 14, 2017
It is great for people who love to get up early and get their shift over with. I would suggest kissing butt so that you can be the managers favorite. Trainers also act like they are gods. It was a fun place to work at first but it definitely takes a toll on you.
Pros
Free Membership, commission and hourly pay
Cons
hours, management
Positive and fulfilling work environment
Assistant Studio Manager (Current Employee) –  Mt. Pleasant, SCDecember 9, 2017
I'm the assistant manager of a particularly busy studio; one of the fastest growing studios in the world. It is quick-paced and busy, and there is little downtime. I happen to enjoy a fast paced work environment. The hardest part of the job is dealing with negative people. You're going to get that in any job, and it's always a downside. I love working in customer service, but there are days that it can be particularly trying. That being said, we're lucky that our owners are very member centered, and I think that makes my job easier and more enjoyable. I enjoy helping people, and it's amazing to see members reach personal bests that they never imagined they could. The best part of the job are the people that I get to work with. I'm lucky to work with amazing coworkers who make any difficult day enjoyable.
Dont do it
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  New MexicoDecember 8, 2017
If you are applying to Orangetheory Fitness in New Mexico, don't do it. Find literally any other job and I assure you that you will be happier. The owners of the NM franchise are absolutely insane. They want you to eat, live and breathe OTF and if you don't good luck keeping your job. The hours are limited, the pay is poor with no room for raises or promotion. The only part of the job that is amazing is the members. Most of the members and my fellow coworkers are incredible people.
If your manager and owners are awesome the company can be nice to work for, but you still get no benefits, low pay with no room for growth or opportunity for a raise. Commission is next to nothing and definitely not worth shoving memberships down peoples throats.
Pros
Free workouts
Cons
No benefits, no room for growth or even a raise, commission is nothing, pay.
Sales
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Lower Queen AnneDecember 8, 2017
Quick paced, fun gym environment, with a nice group of regular members. Competitive business considering all the gyms are within a 5 mile radius. The staff created a great gym atmosphere which is ultimately what keeps you their for longer even thought he management is a mess.
Pros
Easy work
Cons
No breaks, no break room
OK for part time gig.
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXDecember 7, 2017
You are quickly thrown in and expected to do/know things from a quick day of training which would be a 3 hour shift with the studio manager. Supposed to make 40+ calls a day, and get 10 leads per day. Go out and market, harassing people out in a public setting into a intro class. ext.
Pros
Free workout, members
Cons
Commission rates, marketing, 40+ phone calls per day. 10 leads per day.
equipment
Personal Trainer I (Former Employee) –  Melville, NYDecember 6, 2017
the equipment could have used some repair and benchs and weights for the coaches should be used in every location so trainers dont have to borrow clients weights to demo.
Poor management at best
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYDecember 4, 2017
The Orangetheory franchise that anonymous was employed at was managed using fear-mongering techniques. The employee was forced to comply with illegal marketing strategies while he/she watched as all of his/her coworkers get picked off one by one on the grounds of "not meeting sales goals." The fired employees were then blocked from receiving unemployment because the franchise owners lied to the US Department of Labor, saying that the fired employees quit.
Pros
Casual dress code
Cons
Most everything else
coaching is a hard, yet great experience in the fitness world
Coach (Former Employee) –  NYDecember 1, 2017
Training to become a coach at Orange was not easy, but worth the experience. there is a script you need to memorize and a lot to learn in order to explain the workout to members effectively and time the class. Once you get comfortable its a great experience in the fitness world and pays higher than just personal training at a gym. pay for coaches is not hourly, it is by class and goes from 25-55$ a class depending on how many people show up to your class. so the pay fluctuates. You need to work a lot of classes in order to make decent money. no paid breaks or paid clean ups for the mid day and closing shift. also have to arrive a half hour before shift and be ready for what you are about to coach and demo. the workout templates can get very confusing. part time is great for coaches that are still students, but hard to balance.
Pros
employees are wonderful
Cons
a lot of extra time/work
OTF is a family
Orange Ambassador and community manager (Current Employee) –  Lake Mary, FLNovember 28, 2017
The Coworkers are amazing, The members love this place. It's possible to make a career. The environment makes you feel like you are with your family. So far it was a great experience.
Upbeat and positive working environment
Operations Manager & Marketing / Sales Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Mobile, ALNovember 20, 2017
Fun company culture, watching your service change lives. Ability to be creative in marketing and member appreciation events. Love the themes corporate sends out for us to do each month.

Great members, great product, get to build your team

You have the freedom to explore your creativity and challenge new ideas, while still having the stability of a well-structured foundation.

From the coaches, to the front desk and management, our goal was to consult, motivate, embrace and challenge each member and to ensure their services being paid for were worth the cost.
Pros
great work environment, ability to change lives, and help others improve life through health and fitness, constantly working on new marketing events and promotions, ability to see results of sales techniques and productivity, Advertising the company and its values, Benefit of marketing a product (new type of fitness) to the area.
Cons
No health benefits, no training for position, possibility for advancement not available
Not a great place
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Peoria, AZNovember 13, 2017
Not sure how the company is as a whole but the lake pleasant location was a nightmare to work at. 4 Managers in 6 months, and 2 regional managers in the same time, high turnover, and the most recent manager was difficult to work with.
Fun and energetic place filled with outgoing people
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Strongsville, OHNovember 6, 2017
A typical day at work is fun and quick paced. You are to check in group fitness classes and help the members with issues. You met great people through working there and build great relationships.
Pros
Free classes, flexible scheduling, paid weekly
Fun place to work
Head of Sales (Former Employee) –  Orem, UTNovember 2, 2017
i loved working at OTF. but the pay was unfair. they split commissions not based off performance but off who works more hours even if that person isnt making any sales.
Loved my managers, customers and associates. If I did not have to move away for school, I would still work here
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLOctober 31, 2017
As a Sales Associate I promote our life changing classes, as well as attend many events. These events are geared towards bringing in new clients and getting them mentally prepared and motivated to be committed to a consistent workout plan with our team.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Orangetheory Fitness. Our community is ready to answer.