Orascom E&C are constructing a $1.5 billion natural gas-based fertilizer production facility in Wever, IA; first world scale facility of its kind built in the US in 25 years and are seeking an Engineering Coordinator to be part of the team.
The Lead Engineer/Engineering Coordinator prepares, reviews, and follows up on all engineering and procurement activities.
The position requires candidates to have an engineering degree (mechanical, electrical or construction). Years of experience required is between 6-10 years. The candidate must have EPC experience and has worked on large heavy industry projects including Oil and Gas/ Petrochemical projects. US work authorization is required.
This position performs the following functions for one or more units assigned:
- Prepare engineering documents including technical specification, data sheet and material requisition as part of equipment design
- Review of contractual documents, basic process data and preparation of technical specification, mechanical data sheet and requisition package for the equipment in fired and package scope of responsibility
- Perform coordination duties between various project stakeholders (engineering, vendors, other project’s departments, etc.) to insure the continuity of site construction activities.
- Follow up on all open items; whether engineering, procurement, quality, etc. and provide the required problem solving taking in consideration the project’s schedule.
- Review drawings to understand if holds are present and prepare reports on documents received, documents missing and any anomalies with respect to documents.
- Perform the initial review when field supervision identifies inconsistencies in drawings or lack of information in order to proceed.
- Work with field supervision in the preparation and submission of RFIs.
- Review field issues and propose potential solutions in coordination with construction and engineering management.
- Collaborate with field supervision and quality personnel to provide input for the preparation of non-conformance reports (NCRs)
- Assist in the clearing of NCRs.
- Log and follow up on RFI’s resolution until closed and recorded.
- Prepare reports on engineering activities to include documents' progress, construction non conformance and other engineering activities.
- Ensure that schedules reflect the most updated information on required documentation with the assistance of the planning team.
- Assist warehousing with receiving engineering equipment and assist engineering contractors with information requests.
About our Company:
Orascom E&C USA Inc. (OEC USA), is OCI N.V’s wholly owned engineering and construction subsidiary based in the United States. With its Head Office located in Mclean, VA, O E&C is specialized in the construction of large industrial facilities.
OCI N.V is a leading international fertilizer producer and construction contractor based in Cairo, Egypt. We are one of the region’s largest corporations with projects and investments across Europe, the Middle East, North America, and North Africa.
Our Fertilizer Group is a strategic owner and operator of nitrogen fertilizer plants in Egypt, the Netherlands, the United States, and Algeria with an international distribution platform spanning Europe, North and South America, Southeast Asia and Africa.
Our Construction Group ranks among the world’s top global contractors and undertakes large industrial, infrastructure and select commercial projects for public and private customers principally in Europe, the Middle East and North Africa.
For more info please visit our website: www.orascomci.com