Orbital Sciences Corporation

Orbital Sciences Corporation United States Employee Reviews

Oribital
Sr. Systems Support Engineer (Former Employee), Greenbelt, MDFebruary 18, 2015
Pros: if your an electrical, thermal or mechanical engineer skies the limit
Cons: if your it get used not seing the support. without a fight you wont get any.
They dedicate their budget to engineering and development has no end. But for IT support and new training its in comparison to on of Hercules labors
last 6.5 years I have had the most fantastic ride of my 35+ career
Sr I&T Spacecraft & Project Manager (Former Employee), Dulles VAFebruary 4, 2015
Pros: some of the greatest and smartest people you will ever get to know.
The last 6.5 years I have had the most fantastic ride of my career less my Camden Arkansas experience with NTS. Orbital Sciences gave me the opportunity to work with some of the most incredible people in the Aerospace industry. I got to travel to Russia and the Ukraine and work directly with their engineers on engines and launch vehicle build for Antares. I helped to design and build the launch pad at Wallops Island Virginia and my biggest and most exciting work was with NASA directing the most amazing team of managers, engineers, scientists, technicians, machinist and fabricators to upgrade and construct an liquid engine test stand at Stennis Space Center in Mississippi where we got to hot fire 1970 vintage Russian rocket engines for my previous employer Aerojet. Those rocket engines that were designed and built to carry Russian cosmonauts to the moon so how cool is that . We got it done and tested as many as 15 engines and used them to launch resupply missions to the International Space Station out of Wallops Island VA. That led to the privilege to assemble and manage another brilliant group of people to develop ground systems for another very cool project for now unnamed.
Very Capable Employees
Supply Chain Manager (Former Employee), Chandler, AZJanuary 30, 2015
Pros: capable and smart employees
Cons: opeations software lack of
Orbital has very capable employees in many different disciplines. The work was challenging, and employees are given the freedom to make decisions that will affect the company. Tools used in day to day operations where a bit old and spreadsheets are used to track and maintain almost all operations. Great people, exciting work and nice benefits make Orbital a good place to work.
Orbital
Staff Administrator - Corporate Trade Compliance (Former Employee), Dulles, VAJanuary 27, 2015
Pros: hard to get hired on once a contractor
Cons: great location
Nice environment to work in, people are friendly, invoice processing, import/export team is great to work with. Great location, management team is easy to get along with. Onsite cafeteria and easy to access other food establishments and stores. There is plenty to chose from.
Dity environment with no privacy what so ever
Master Engineer (Former Employee), Wallops Island, VAJanuary 25, 2015
Wallops Island is a desolate place with no social life. The facility is dirty all the time and bugs are a constant problem in the Spring, Summer and Fall.
Staff Administrator Trade Compliance
Staff Administrator - Corporate Trade Compliance (Current Employee), Dulles, VAJanuary 25, 2015
Track import/exports for Trade Compliance group. process invoices for payment. Track and maintain Tech Database for submittals of paper begin presented at conference.
Very Pleased.
Principle Program Financial Analyst (Former Employee), Chandler, AZJanuary 7, 2015
Pros: challenges. accomplishments. people. science!
Cons: having to leave. but again, i do not regret as i was supporting my wife.
(Based on questions provided)
*Review my action items I have identified for myself, or given to me prior. Job had a routine as to accomplish monthly deliverable s. And at times, of course, had the unexpected challenges of generating information which was needed by stakeholders...ie proposal preparation, emergency financial data requested, etc.
*Everything I could. Information is always changing and need to change with it.
*Management was like every other company I have worked for...busy. This is good. Pleasure to work for.
*Fantastic. Always are. Of course it is "your attitude" which makes "them" what they are. I tend to find the good or work within their quirks. Something you learn with project coordination.
*Long hours during proposal time...but that is part of the job.
*When all numbers make sense. A job well done, as I insist.
great place for space geeks
Senior Principle Engineer (Current Employee), Chandler, AZDecember 8, 2014
If you like design hardware for space systems, this is a great place to work. Small company feel, good lifework balance.
Very labor intensive workplace.
Inventory Control Administrator II (Former Employee), Wallops Island, VANovember 23, 2014
Inspected furniture prior to delivery. Loaded for according to delivery manifest.Delivered furniture without damage to customer home. My delivery team was a great group of guys!
Love this company
SR Buyer (Current Employee), Chandler, AZOctober 1, 2014
Pros: longevity
Cons: no growth promotion
I love this company and I love what we do here. Job growth is not a priority for management. I'm stuck in a position and would like to move professionally but when your good at something they like for you to stay were your at instead of advancing the employee.
Typical Day
Information Systems Security Manager (Current Employee), El Segundo, CAAugust 21, 2014
Varies due to balancing many different tasks and meeting customer requirements.
Orbital Sciences was a great place to work until the company lost a major contract
Senior Quality Assurance Coordinator (Former Employee), Dulles, VAAugust 18, 2014
Pros: excellent enviornment
Cons: short contracts without renewal
Daily activities;
Correspond to emails from engineers relating to specific programs
Review quality codes and documentation
Inspect satellites before they are scheduled for launch
Excellent place to work and grow.
M.D. 20705 (Current Employee), Goddard Space Flt. Center Greenbelt, Md 20750August 11, 2014
Excellent place to work. Allows you to experience of working very interesting projects. Compensation is based on your quality of work and team work with others. Benefits are really good. Company also gives you a chanse to gow and enhance your job growth.
Very Positive work experience
Senior Production Scheduler/Planner (Former Employee), Dulles, VAAugust 6, 2014
Pros: yoga, w o&d trail, flexible work schedules
Cons: not enough contracts to support scheduling
I worked at Orbital 7.5 years. would still be there had I not been laid off. I miss the folks and work at Orbital. I would definitely go back if the opportunity is presented.
Senior Windows Administrator (Current Employee), Chandler, AZAugust 3, 2014
My Review of Orbital
Great learning opportunity and advancement possibility
Senior Principal Software Engineer (Former Employee), Dulles, VAJune 18, 2014
Great place to learn and advance,
Excellent support from co-workers.
Good People to work with
INTEGRATION AND TEST ENGINEER (Former Employee), Greenbelt, MDMay 3, 2014
Enjoyed working with a lot of qualified people and enjoyed the various programs that I worked on.
Great time during my internship
Internship. Ground telemetry station (Former Employee), Wallops Island, VAApril 29, 2014
Pros: excellent hands on, friendly staff, great learning experience with professional networking
Cons: internships don't pay
I performed an internship with Orbital at their WFF location.
Though I was there as an intern, enjoyed the hands on job experience. The employees there treated me as one of them. They never hesitated to share their knowledge or answer any questions. They actually took time to explain using actual rocket structures, test equipment, or other equipment.
At times I was actually allowed input on certain items and even if it was not a solution to the problem, instead of just dismissing it, they would give the pro's and con's of why it would work or not work.
Thinkers!
Flight Test Engineer (Former Employee), Dulles, VAApril 27, 2014
Very progressive organization to be associated with, even as contract employee.
Good company
Systems Engineer (Current Employee), Gilbert, AZApril 19, 2014
Good company to be at when there's a lot of work. A little tougher when it gets lean.

1 2 3

About Orbital Sciences Corporation

Orbital Sciences maintains that what goes up doesn't have to come down -- at least not for a long time. The company makes low-Earth-orbit – Read more

Orbital Sciences Corporation Salaries