Orbital Sciences Corporation

Orbital Sciences Corporation Employer Reviews

Great learning opportunity and advancement possibility
Senior Principal Software Engineer (Former Employee), Dulles, VAJune 18, 2014
Great place to learn and advance,
Excellent support from co-workers.
Good People to work with
INTEGRATION AND TEST ENGINEER (Former Employee), Greenbelt, MDMay 3, 2014
Enjoyed working with a lot of qualified people and enjoyed the various programs that I worked on.
Great time during my internship
Internship. Ground telemetry station (Former Employee), Wallops Island, VAApril 29, 2014
Pros: excellent hands on, friendly staff, great learning experience with professional networking
Cons: internships don't pay
I performed an internship with Orbital at their WFF location.
Though I was there as an intern, enjoyed the hands on job experience. The employees there treated me as one of them. They never hesitated to share their knowledge or answer any questions. They actually took time to explain using actual rocket structures, test equipment, or other equipment.
At – more... times I was actually allowed input on certain items and even if it was not a solution to the problem, instead of just dismissing it, they would give the pro's and con's of why it would work or not work. – less
Thinkers!
Flight Test Engineer (Former Employee), Dulles, VAApril 27, 2014
Very progressive organization to be associated with, even as contract employee.
Good company
Systems Engineer (Current Employee), Gilbert, AZApril 19, 2014
Good company to be at when there's a lot of work. A little tougher when it gets lean.
Interesting and varied
Principal Electrical Technician (Former Employee), Dulles, Va.March 23, 2014
Pros: able to submit ideas, perform tasks in a self directed manner, as well as work within a team environment.
Cons: sometimes test phases interfered with personal life but it's part of the job.
A typical day begins with reviewing a self generated "to-do" list, (if not actively testing hardware) interfacing with section manager for any other items that are needed. Technicians typically anticipate potential problems and supply solutions to problems before the problems arrive. (sounds confusing, but that's what a technician does - full on support)

Management – more... styles vary - section manager worked for was far and away better than any had in last 40 years.

Hardest part of the job was transitioning from shift work to no shift work. Because all the little stuff that piled up made for some interesting days.

The most enjoyable part? Participating in testing, launching and seeing the payload do what you just built - Work. – less
Quality culture
Quality Inspenctor (Former Employee), Dulles, VAMarch 17, 2014
Learning Organization
Process Oriented
Lean Manufacturing Culture
Strong Management
Large organization
Master Engineer I (Current Employee), Chandler, AZJanuary 8, 2014
Pros: good cafeteria, healthcare
Cons: work not interesting
Few training opportunities, little chance to advance. Few chances to match interests to available jobs
Very interesting
Document specialist/ Customer Service (Former Employee), Reston, VADecember 23, 2013
Pros: ability to learn how to grow in the company
Cons: hard to understand alot of the scientific terms
First POC at the front desk
Administrative duties
caring management
teamwork
Great place to work. Enjoyed the staff.
Senior Accounting Specialist (Former Employee), Dulles, VADecember 10, 2013
Pros: close to home, good management, enjoyable place to work.
Cons: not stable.
Aside being laid off in May, I planned on retiring from this establishment.
Love working here
Financial Analyst/Systems Engineer (Current Employee), Dulles, VANovember 3, 2013
- Incredibly smart people have elevated my game.
- Company's products are very cool
- Work can be intense
Excellent employer
Sr. Scientist/Engineer V (Former Employee), NASA-ARCOctober 27, 2013
But advancement within the company could use some help. However, I was in a contractor role for NASA, so the position was pretty mission specific.
Rigorous analytical and demanding goals & responsibilities.
Logistics and Integration Operations-GMD/IRBM (Current Employee), Chandler, AZOctober 10, 2013
Pros: i am not micromanaged, no need, managers come to me for advice.
Cons: stressfull and relentless atmosphere and demand.
Every department and field site is like it's own company with different rules and processes. I learn all of them to better move product and support materials to end level and shipment to field bases. This opens up new ideas and improvements for processing materials at different stages. I also work government sell offs and anticipate what they need to – more... see. I generate shipping crate blueprints and shipping standard for all products under my programs that ship to field site. I am main contact for internal and external ground support & government property maintenance, upkeep, and repairs including all the paperwork that it entails. – less
My coworkers
Recruiting Assistant, Human Resources (Former Employee), Dulles, VAOctober 2, 2013
My coworkers at this job became my second family away from home. All of the ladies and gents were very friendly and always followed a open door policy.
Great Place to Work and Fun!
Engineer (Former Employee), Chandler, AZSeptember 26, 2013
Never a dull moment, the work is interesting, fun, and fast paced. I was always learning something new and loved every minute of it. One of the best jobs I've had!
Interesting work and assorted engineering testing.
Senior Principle Mechanical Technician (Current Employee), Dulles, VirginiaJune 28, 2013
Excellent company. Daily testing of satellite black boxes and full up satellites. Operate M&P software system for testing. Especially enjoy engineering tests of new componets. Allowed freedom to work at my own pace. Complete confidence in my testing abilities by management.
Very fast paced enviroment
Document specialist/ Customer Service (Former Employee), Reston, VAApril 19, 2013
Pros: straight schedule
Cons: location
*Heavy phone handling
*Concept and use of satilites
*Managment rarely interacted
* Smart co-workers
*Understanding the codes and scientific terminology was the hardest
*Ability to have willing individuals to teach one another was an enjoyable part of the job
Excellent company to learn the Aerospace Industry
Senior Quality Engineer (Former Employee), Dulles, VAApril 11, 2013
Pros: provided opportunities to be involved with a wide range of projects and components.
Cons: job security is based on contracts.
Job required working with multi programs and functions. Required kinowledge of electrical, optical and mechanical components. involved performing internal audits and external audits of company functions.
Orbital Sciences Corp is a very fund work place and there is a gym room provided too
SR. Accounting Specialist (Former Employee), Dulles, VAApril 5, 2013
Pros: free lunch sometimes
Cons: short break whenever you think you needed it.
Every day working at Orbital Sciences Corp is very enjoyable and everybody there is very friendly.
a
Senior Principal Electrical Engineer (Former Employee), Dulles, VAMarch 19, 2013
Pros: a
Cons: a
If you are an engineer and want to do design work. This isn't the place for it. They contract out most of the design work.

1 2 3

About Orbital Sciences Corporation

Orbital Sciences maintains that what goes up doesn't have to come down -- at least not for a long time. The company makes low-Earth-orbit – Read more