Orbital Sciences Corporation

Orbital Sciences Corporation Employer Reviews

great place for space geeks
Senior Principle Engineer (Current Employee), Chandler, AZDecember 8, 2014
If you like design hardware for space systems, this is a great place to work. Small company feel, good lifework balance.
Very labor intensive workplace.
Inventory Control Administrator II (Former Employee), Wallops Island, VANovember 23, 2014
Inspected furniture prior to delivery. Loaded for according to delivery manifest.Delivered furniture without damage to customer home. My delivery team was a great group of guys!
Love this company
SR Buyer (Current Employee), Chandler, AZOctober 1, 2014
Pros: longevity
Cons: no growth promotion
I love this company and I love what we do here. Job growth is not a priority for management. I'm stuck in a position and would like to move professionally but when your good at something they like for you to stay were your at instead of advancing the employee.
Typical Day
Information Systems Security Manager (Current Employee), El Segundo, CAAugust 21, 2014
Varies due to balancing many different tasks and meeting customer requirements.
Orbital Sciences was a great place to work until the company lost a major contract
Senior Quality Assurance Coordinator (Former Employee), Dulles, VAAugust 18, 2014
Pros: excellent enviornment
Cons: short contracts without renewal
Daily activities;
Correspond to emails from engineers relating to specific programs
Review quality codes and documentation
Inspect satellites before they are scheduled for launch
Excellent place to work and grow.
M.D. 20705 (Current Employee), Goddard Space Flt. Center Greenbelt, Md 20750August 11, 2014
Excellent place to work. Allows you to experience of working very interesting projects. Compensation is based on your quality of work and team work with others. Benefits are really good. Company also gives you a chanse to gow and enhance your job growth.
Very Positive work experience
Senior Production Scheduler/Planner (Former Employee), Dulles, VAAugust 6, 2014
Pros: yoga, w o&d trail, flexible work schedules
Cons: not enough contracts to support scheduling
I worked at Orbital 7.5 years. would still be there had I not been laid off. I miss the folks and work at Orbital. I would definitely go back if the opportunity is presented.
Senior Windows Administrator (Current Employee), Chandler, AZAugust 3, 2014
My Review of Orbital
Great learning opportunity and advancement possibility
Senior Principal Software Engineer (Former Employee), Dulles, VAJune 18, 2014
Great place to learn and advance,
Excellent support from co-workers.
Good People to work with
INTEGRATION AND TEST ENGINEER (Former Employee), Greenbelt, MDMay 3, 2014
Enjoyed working with a lot of qualified people and enjoyed the various programs that I worked on.
Great time during my internship
Internship. Ground telemetry station (Former Employee), Wallops Island, VAApril 29, 2014
Pros: excellent hands on, friendly staff, great learning experience with professional networking
Cons: internships don't pay
I performed an internship with Orbital at their WFF location.
Though I was there as an intern, enjoyed the hands on job experience. The employees there treated me as one of them. They never hesitated to share their knowledge or answer any questions. They actually took time to explain using actual rocket structures, test equipment, or other equipment.
At – more... times I was actually allowed input on certain items and even if it was not a solution to the problem, instead of just dismissing it, they would give the pro's and con's of why it would work or not work. – less
Thinkers!
Flight Test Engineer (Former Employee), Dulles, VAApril 27, 2014
Very progressive organization to be associated with, even as contract employee.
Good company
Systems Engineer (Current Employee), Gilbert, AZApril 19, 2014
Good company to be at when there's a lot of work. A little tougher when it gets lean.
Interesting and varied
Principal Electrical Technician (Former Employee), Dulles, Va.March 23, 2014
Pros: able to submit ideas, perform tasks in a self directed manner, as well as work within a team environment.
Cons: sometimes test phases interfered with personal life but it's part of the job.
A typical day begins with reviewing a self generated "to-do" list, (if not actively testing hardware) interfacing with section manager for any other items that are needed. Technicians typically anticipate potential problems and supply solutions to problems before the problems arrive. (sounds confusing, but that's what a technician does - full on support)

Management – more... styles vary - section manager worked for was far and away better than any had in last 40 years.

Hardest part of the job was transitioning from shift work to no shift work. Because all the little stuff that piled up made for some interesting days.

The most enjoyable part? Participating in testing, launching and seeing the payload do what you just built - Work. – less
Quality culture
Quality Inspenctor (Former Employee), Dulles, VAMarch 17, 2014
Learning Organization
Process Oriented
Lean Manufacturing Culture
Strong Management
Large organization
Master Engineer I (Current Employee), Chandler, AZJanuary 8, 2014
Pros: good cafeteria, healthcare
Cons: work not interesting
Few training opportunities, little chance to advance. Few chances to match interests to available jobs
Very interesting
Document specialist/ Customer Service (Former Employee), Reston, VADecember 23, 2013
Pros: ability to learn how to grow in the company
Cons: hard to understand alot of the scientific terms
First POC at the front desk
Administrative duties
caring management
teamwork
Great place to work. Enjoyed the staff.
Senior Accounting Specialist (Former Employee), Dulles, VADecember 10, 2013
Pros: close to home, good management, enjoyable place to work.
Cons: not stable.
Aside being laid off in May, I planned on retiring from this establishment.
Love working here
Financial Analyst/Systems Engineer (Current Employee), Dulles, VANovember 3, 2013
- Incredibly smart people have elevated my game.
- Company's products are very cool
- Work can be intense
Rigorous analytical and demanding goals & responsibilities.
Logistics and Integration Operations-GMD/IRBM (Current Employee), Chandler, AZOctober 10, 2013
Pros: i am not micromanaged, no need, managers come to me for advice.
Cons: stressfull and relentless atmosphere and demand.
Every department and field site is like it's own company with different rules and processes. I learn all of them to better move product and support materials to end level and shipment to field bases. This opens up new ideas and improvements for processing materials at different stages. I also work government sell offs and anticipate what they need to – more... see. I generate shipping crate blueprints and shipping standard for all products under my programs that ship to field site. I am main contact for internal and external ground support & government property maintenance, upkeep, and repairs including all the paperwork that it entails. – less

1 2 3

About Orbital Sciences Corporation

Orbital Sciences maintains that what goes up doesn't have to come down -- at least not for a long time. The company makes low-Earth-orbit – Read more