Orbitz Worldwide Employee Reviews

This was 10 years ago
Regional Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILSeptember 14, 2017
So any info I have is vastly outdated and not informative for absolutely anyone. It was an okay job when I was there. There is nothing more for me to add despite your system continuing to ask me to say more.
Great Company
Market Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLApril 7, 2017
Great employees and a true team. Definitely was a great company to work for and their benefits were great! Log in, look at the comp and find out who is not complying with rate parity.
Pros
Working Remote
Orbitz Worldwide
Northwest Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAApril 5, 2017
A great learning experience, it was a very team-like atmosphere that emphasized support and collective goals.
I would recommend Orbitz for anyone looking to work in the travel industry.
porductive, consistent workflow
Fraud Administrator (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILFebruary 27, 2017
checking and analyzing potential credit card fraud,
answering phones,
sending emails.
report our finding to the manger.
research customers credit information to make sure purchases isn't fraudulent.
Pros
fun upbeat culture
Cons
short breaks, no flexibility
Great place to work for in the travel industry
TPN Finance Operations Accountant (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TX 78249July 12, 2016
Worked with internal and external clients to provide a positive finance agreement. Provided refunds and charges to customers in a timely matter. Worked with external partners to ensure that their clients were correctly charged or refund using credit or points from their credit cards.

The hardest part of the job is when back office accounting systems break and incorrect under or overcharge the clients.

The most enjoyable part of the job was the team work each department played in ensure our clients received the best customer service possible.
good teams, fast paced
Senior Director, Business Operations & Vendor Mgmt (Current Employee) –  Dallas-Fort Worth, TXJuly 11, 2016
good company to work for, fast paced, good benefits, really good group of people, good interaction between teams. good job satisfaction.
Very Productive work place
Travel Agent (Former Employee) –  Killeen, TXJuly 6, 2016
Very productive and mature work environment. I had the opportunity to learn about traveling and popular destination areas.
Pros
unlimited free coffee and tea
Cons
Short breaks
Orbitz prior to Acquisition
Customer Relations Manager (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILApril 19, 2016
Orbitz was an amazing company to work for, until the acquisition by Expedia. I enjoyed being a part of the start-up with Orbitz, and watched the company flourish.
Overall good company
Market Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVApril 18, 2016
Management is laid back. Great work life balance. I didn't feel there was a lot of room for growth. Headquarters in Chicago is a great office with good company culture.
Wonderful team
Linux System Administrator (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJanuary 25, 2016
I got my best experience skills, i met a lot of nice people. Manager was very nice. After our shift , we decided talk about problems during the day. Also if some of problem was difficult we solved and we shared with other co-workers.
I was happy. If you nice, so other co-worker nice)
Opportunity to be promoted
SR. MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILNovember 16, 2015
I worked at Orbitz for 13 years and had an opportunity move around and be promoted. I was in Marketing, then Sales, then Key Account Management roles. Orbitz also moved me to California for a portion of the time, which was a great experience. Orbitz has recently been acquired by Expedia so many of us were deemed redundant.
Pros
Allowed to work remotely when necessary
Cons
Company got aquired
Fun, Casual, Productive Work Environment
Law Clerk (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILNovember 7, 2015
I enjoyed my time on staff. The office environment was fairly casual, friendly and professional. I was able to get work done without being micromanaged. Senior staff members were incredibly knowledgable and willing to provide assistance and feedback when asked. Overall a great work experience due to the office culture.
Productive, fast paced and fun work environment
Global Vice President, Media Sales (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILOctober 29, 2015
I have managed a global sales team for the past 5 years, which included restructuring the team when I was promoted into the role as well as developing a 5 year strategic growth plan. We consistently achieved double digit growth year over year, while I have been leading the team. The people on the team are what has made this such an amazing experience. I have been fortunate to have hired highly motivated, intelligent and personable sales professionals, which has been the key to our success. It's been a great ride, and I'm looking to take my experiences and help another organization develop a strategic sales strategy and motivate a team to deliver successful results.
Pros
Great people, great brand, flexible work environment
Cons
Great start-up culture with transparent management
Product Manager - Hotel Connectivity (Current Employee) –  Irving, TXOctober 25, 2015
I loved this company. Great culture that did not have a lot of "politics" like many large companies. If you had a problem with a process, you were encouraged to fix it rather than being told "that's just the way it is." Great work/life balance. Unfortunately they were just sold to Expedia.
Pros
Start-up culture
Cons
Product managers are handed roadmaps, with no ability to create on your own
Productive workplace with knowledgeable colleagues
Senior Market Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Havertown, PAOctober 20, 2015
Flexible workplace that allowed an exellent work-life balance. After a year or two my role became very routine and being virtual, there were no opportunities for advancement.
Pros
work from home, flexible
Cons
virtual employee - miss out on camaraderie of office
Good Compnay to work with limited budget for depratments
Senior Data Architect (Current Employee) –  ChicagoSeptember 25, 2015
Good company to work with but limited budget for training and personal development. New technologies are experimented and very agile environment
It was good Company with nice work environment
Java / J2EE Developer (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILFebruary 24, 2015
• Agile methodology has been followed for this project and I was involved in scrum meetings with end clients.
• Understanding the functional requirements and prepared a detailed Use Cases and Functional Requirement Documents from the Business Requirements Specifications.
• Front end was developed using JSP, AJAX, JSF, jQuery, HTML, CSS
• Implemented various J2EE design patterns such as MVC (Model View Control), Factory, Singleton and DAO (Data Access Object).
Nice and fun compay
Lead Engineer (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILFebruary 16, 2015
One of the nicest companies to work around, and even though it has been around for quite few years, they still bring around the startup culture - which is great!
Great place to call home
Anonymous (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILFebruary 9, 2015
Orbitz treats you like an adult - flexible work hours, ability to manage projects and change processes with minimal interference or micromanagement.
Productive & Fun work Place
Senior Developer (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILFebruary 5, 2015
• Sun certified Java programmer (SCJP) and web component developer with 7 years of experience in IT Industry in the field of E-Commerce in Airline and Insurance domains
• Extensive experience in developing E-Commerce applications, Distributed Web Based Applications and service-oriented architecture based (SOA) Enterprise applications
• Expertise in Object Oriented Methodologies (OOAD), Service Oriented Architecture (SOA)

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Orbitz Worldwide. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2