Orbitz Worldwide Employee Reviews in United States

Overall good company
Market Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVApril 18, 2016
Management is laid back. Great work life balance. I didn't feel there was a lot of room for growth. Headquarters in Chicago is a great office with good company culture.
Wonderful team
Linux System Administrator (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJanuary 25, 2016
I got my best experience skills, i met a lot of nice people. Manager was very nice. After our shift , we decided talk about problems during the day. Also if some of problem was difficult we solved and we shared with other co-workers.
I was happy. If you nice, so other co-worker nice)
Opportunity to be promoted
SR. MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILNovember 16, 2015
I worked at Orbitz for 13 years and had an opportunity move around and be promoted. I was in Marketing, then Sales, then Key Account Management roles. Orbitz also moved me to California for a portion of the time, which was a great experience. Orbitz has recently been acquired by Expedia so many of us were deemed redundant.
Pros
Allowed to work remotely when necessary
Cons
Company got aquired
Fun, Casual, Productive Work Environment
Law Clerk (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILNovember 7, 2015
I enjoyed my time on staff. The office environment was fairly casual, friendly and professional. I was able to get work done without being micromanaged. Senior staff members were incredibly knowledgable and willing to provide assistance and feedback when asked. Overall a great work experience due to the office culture.
Productive, fast paced and fun work environment
Global Vice President, Media Sales (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILOctober 29, 2015
I have managed a global sales team for the past 5 years, which included restructuring the team when I was promoted into the role as well as developing a 5 year strategic growth plan. We consistently achieved double digit growth year over year, while I have been leading the team. The people on the team are what has made this such an amazing experience. I have been fortunate to have hired highly motivated, intelligent and personable sales professionals, which has been the key to our success. It's been a great ride, and I'm looking to take my experiences and help another organization develop a strategic sales strategy and motivate a team to deliver successful results.
Pros
Great people, great brand, flexible work environment
Cons
Great start-up culture with transparent management
Product Manager - Hotel Connectivity (Current Employee) –  Irving, TXOctober 25, 2015
I loved this company. Great culture that did not have a lot of "politics" like many large companies. If you had a problem with a process, you were encouraged to fix it rather than being told "that's just the way it is." Great work/life balance. Unfortunately they were just sold to Expedia.
Pros
Start-up culture
Cons
Product managers are handed roadmaps, with no ability to create on your own
Productive workplace with knowledgeable colleagues
Senior Market Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Havertown, PAOctober 20, 2015
Flexible workplace that allowed an exellent work-life balance. After a year or two my role became very routine and being virtual, there were no opportunities for advancement.
Pros
work from home, flexible
Cons
virtual employee - miss out on camaraderie of office
Good Compnay to work with limited budget for depratments
Senior Data Architect (Current Employee) –  ChicagoSeptember 25, 2015
Good company to work with but limited budget for training and personal development. New technologies are experimented and very agile environment
It was good Company with nice work environment
Java / J2EE Developer (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILFebruary 24, 2015
• Agile methodology has been followed for this project and I was involved in scrum meetings with end clients.
• Understanding the functional requirements and prepared a detailed Use Cases and Functional Requirement Documents from the Business Requirements Specifications.
• Front end was developed using JSP, AJAX, JSF, jQuery, HTML, CSS
• Implemented various J2EE design patterns such as MVC (Model View Control), Factory, Singleton and DAO (Data Access Object).
Nice and fun compay
Lead Engineer (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILFebruary 16, 2015
One of the nicest companies to work around, and even though it has been around for quite few years, they still bring around the startup culture - which is great!
Great place to call home
Anonymous (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILFebruary 9, 2015
Orbitz treats you like an adult - flexible work hours, ability to manage projects and change processes with minimal interference or micromanagement.
Productive & Fun work Place
Senior Developer (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILFebruary 5, 2015
• Sun certified Java programmer (SCJP) and web component developer with 7 years of experience in IT Industry in the field of E-Commerce in Airline and Insurance domains
• Extensive experience in developing E-Commerce applications, Distributed Web Based Applications and service-oriented architecture based (SOA) Enterprise applications
• Expertise in Object Oriented Methodologies (OOAD), Service Oriented Architecture (SOA)
Its a good company
Market Coordinator- Caribbean (Current Employee) –  PlantationFebruary 5, 2015
The job is dynamic and challenging. It requires good disposition and the ability to work with and environment that is in constant change. Team members and company management make for a very friendly environment. Company communication is not great but they try.
Challenging work here and nice people
Software Engineer I (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILDecember 17, 2014
My first job after graduating from collage. Work life balance is wonderful. I love the company culture and smart people.
Very strict for the pay
Orbitz for Business Counselor (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WAOctober 9, 2014
A typical workday is you log in 10 min early so you available to take your first call. But, you can not log it the phone or sign into your time sheet until 3min prior to your shift start time.
You have varying shift with no consecutive 2 days off.
You have to know Apollo and Worldspan (Native) formats. They rarely use scripts.
Car / Hotels are hooked in Apollo and depending on account, air.
Pros
work from home
Cons
for technology they really have stepped up to move forward with the timesl
Overall Good Place with Good People
Product (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILSeptember 5, 2014
Generally, the people are smart and the work is interesting. There are pockets of folks who don't operate like everyone else and are to be avoided. Overall though it's a pretty good work like balance and challenging work.
Great Company
Fraud Analyst (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILAugust 30, 2014
I loved working with this company their employee culture is the best. They have great insurance and its not expensive at all.
Fun place to work, innovative, great leadership, typical 9-5
Business Intelligence Intern (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMarch 24, 2014
I had a great mentor at Orbitz who taught me a lot. You spend all day at your desk, like most 9-5 jobs. The pay seemed like it was very competitive, though I only worked as an intern. There were a lot of people with families but there were also a good number of younger employees with social lives. The company felt big enough to be part of something greater and small enough to feel like you are actually contributing.
Pros
great mentors, good pay, good environment
Cons
at your desk all day.
Casual office
Business Analyst (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILAugust 6, 2013
Nice place to work, wok/life balance, free coffee, offers benefits
Good
Senior Principal Consultant (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILMay 15, 2013
Nice work environment. good place, best co-workers, handling tricky situations. Worked as a Technical Lead for HRMS upgrade

4.2