Orbitz Worldwide Employee Reviews

good teams, fast paced
Senior Director, Business Operations & Vendor Mgmt (Current Employee) –  Dallas-Fort Worth, TXJuly 11, 2016
good company to work for, fast paced, good benefits, really good group of people, good interaction between teams. good job satisfaction.
Very Productive work place
Travel Agent (Former Employee) –  Killeen, TXJuly 6, 2016
Very productive and mature work environment. I had the opportunity to learn about traveling and popular destination areas.
Pros
unlimited free coffee and tea
Cons
Short breaks
Orbitz prior to Acquisition
Customer Relations Manager (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILApril 19, 2016
Orbitz was an amazing company to work for, until the acquisition by Expedia. I enjoyed being a part of the start-up with Orbitz, and watched the company flourish.
Overall good company
Market Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVApril 18, 2016
Management is laid back. Great work life balance. I didn't feel there was a lot of room for growth. Headquarters in Chicago is a great office with good company culture.
Wonderful team
Linux System Administrator (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJanuary 25, 2016
I got my best experience skills, i met a lot of nice people. Manager was very nice. After our shift , we decided talk about problems during the day. Also if some of problem was difficult we solved and we shared with other co-workers.
I was happy. If you nice, so other co-worker nice)
Opportunity to be promoted
SR. MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILNovember 16, 2015
I worked at Orbitz for 13 years and had an opportunity move around and be promoted. I was in Marketing, then Sales, then Key Account Management roles. Orbitz also moved me to California for a portion of the time, which was a great experience. Orbitz has recently been acquired by Expedia so many of us were deemed redundant.
Pros
Allowed to work remotely when necessary
Cons
Company got aquired
Great start-up culture with transparent management
Product Manager - Hotel Connectivity (Current Employee) –  Irving, TXOctober 25, 2015
I loved this company. Great culture that did not have a lot of "politics" like many large companies. If you had a problem with a process, you were encouraged to fix it rather than being told "that's just the way it is." Great work/life balance. Unfortunately they were just sold to Expedia.
Pros
Start-up culture
Cons
Product managers are handed roadmaps, with no ability to create on your own
Productive, fast paced and fun work environment
Global Vice President, Media Sales (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILOctober 29, 2015
I have managed a global sales team for the past 5 years, which included restructuring the team when I was promoted into the role as well as developing a 5 year strategic growth plan. We consistently achieved double digit growth year over year, while I have been leading the team. The people on the team are what has made this such an amazing experience. I have been fortunate to have hired highly motivated, intelligent and personable sales professionals, which has been the key to our success. It's been a great ride, and I'm looking to take my experiences and help another organization develop a strategic sales strategy and motivate a team to deliver successful results.
Pros
Great people, great brand, flexible work environment
Fun, Casual, Productive Work Environment
Law Clerk (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILNovember 7, 2015
I enjoyed my time on staff. The office environment was fairly casual, friendly and professional. I was able to get work done without being micromanaged. Senior staff members were incredibly knowledgable and willing to provide assistance and feedback when asked. Overall a great work experience due to the office culture.
Productive workplace with knowledgeable colleagues
Senior Market Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Havertown, PAOctober 20, 2015
Flexible workplace that allowed an exellent work-life balance. After a year or two my role became very routine and being virtual, there were no opportunities for advancement.
Pros
work from home, flexible
Cons
virtual employee - miss out on camaraderie of office
It was good Company with nice work environment
Java / J2EE Developer (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILFebruary 24, 2015
• Agile methodology has been followed for this project and I was involved in scrum meetings with end clients.
• Understanding the functional requirements and prepared a detailed Use Cases and Functional Requirement Documents from the Business Requirements Specifications.
• Front end was developed using JSP, AJAX, JSF, jQuery, HTML, CSS
• Implemented various J2EE design patterns such as MVC (Model View Control), Factory, Singleton and DAO (Data Access Object).
Productive & Fun work Place
Senior Developer (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILFebruary 5, 2015
• Sun certified Java programmer (SCJP) and web component developer with 7 years of experience in IT Industry in the field of E-Commerce in Airline and Insurance domains
• Extensive experience in developing E-Commerce applications, Distributed Web Based Applications and service-oriented architecture based (SOA) Enterprise applications
• Expertise in Object Oriented Methodologies (OOAD), Service Oriented Architecture (SOA)
Very strict for the pay
Orbitz for Business Counselor (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WAOctober 9, 2014
A typical workday is you log in 10 min early so you available to take your first call. But, you can not log it the phone or sign into your time sheet until 3min prior to your shift start time.
You have varying shift with no consecutive 2 days off.
You have to know Apollo and Worldspan (Native) formats. They rarely use scripts.
Car / Hotels are hooked in Apollo and depending on account, air.
Pros
Work from home
Cons
For technology they really have stepped up to move forward with the timesl
Good Compnay to work with limited budget for depratments
Senior Data Architect (Current Employee) –  ChicagoSeptember 25, 2015
Good company to work with but limited budget for training and personal development. New technologies are experimented and very agile environment
Fun place to work, innovative, great leadership, typical 9-5
Business Intelligence Intern (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMarch 24, 2014
I had a great mentor at Orbitz who taught me a lot. You spend all day at your desk, like most 9-5 jobs. The pay seemed like it was very competitive, though I only worked as an intern. There were a lot of people with families but there were also a good number of younger employees with social lives. The company felt big enough to be part of something greater and small enough to feel like you are actually contributing.
Pros
Great Mentors, Good pay, Good environment
Cons
At your desk all day.
Company with great atmosphere and cultural values
Revenue Accountant (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMarch 29, 2012
This company has great values, and is very employee-friendly; flexibility was offered, and the work-life balance was remarkable. Managers were very helpful, and the department was very well-run, with an understanding of responsibilities but offering to assist others when individuals' duties were completed.
Its a good company
Market Coordinator- Caribbean (Current Employee) –  PlantationFebruary 5, 2015
The job is dynamic and challenging. It requires good disposition and the ability to work with and environment that is in constant change. Team members and company management make for a very friendly environment. Company communication is not great but they try.
relaxed culture
Analyst (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILMarch 27, 2013
people are pretty laid back at orbitz. there is a lot that you might want to fix but ends up being fixed as a "workaround' as real fixes are too time consuming and difficult. best areas to work are "new" areas that get a lot of attention.
Pros
free oatmeal
Cons
tough to be promoted within, lots of "lateral moves"
Not a great place
Legal Department (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILSeptember 5, 2012
Probably the worst job experience I've ever had. Got thrown into job responsibilities that weren't disclosed and I wasn't qualified for from day one in the door. They seem to staff up big time then cut staff as soon as they have to make their numbers.
Pros
free pop
Cons
horrible environment
Overall Good Place with Good People
Product (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILSeptember 5, 2014
Generally, the people are smart and the work is interesting. There are pockets of folks who don't operate like everyone else and are to be avoided. Overall though it's a pretty good work like balance and challenging work.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Orbitz Worldwide. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2