ORC International Employee Reviews

Productive and mostly professional.
Interveiwer (Former Employee) –  Reno, NVDecember 27, 2016
The pay was not enough for the job but possible to get raises if you work there long term. The management was great to work with for the most part but could have disciplined some employees more. I learned how to deal with customers over the phone appropriately. The hardest part of the job was the repetitiveness of doing the same survey for your whole shift and getting people to stay on the phone and complete the survey. The most enjoyable part was how interesting it was hearing peoples opinions on certain surveys. I didn't interact with a lot of the other coworkers because it was not necessary, more of a job that you go to, do your own work and leave.
Pros
Pick your own schedule, easy to request a day off if needed, paid weekly.
Cons
Short breaks, required to work at least one 8 hour shift every weekend, minimum wage.
Laid back, weekly pay, straight foward.
Telephone Interviewer (Current Employee) –  Reno, NVJanuary 6, 2017
I worked here back in 2014 for 9 months left started my career in retail . I came back because I wanted to fill in my 2 days off and 2 mornings off on the weekend . They are super flexible on how you schedule your own schedule as long as you submit time off in a timely manner they'll give it to you . You get paid for two day training . You learn lots of surveys once you start developing in the company . When you start in the bottom and your not advancing there is a chance they'll send you home early but that's only cause they don't need you at the moment . Once I cam back I got paid a lot more . Spanish speakers get paid more as well and raises come every 6months I believe . Average company to work for easy money as long as you do your job .!
Pros
weekly pay, sit and talk all day, costumer service skills, growth, team work with managment
Cons
short breaks, call offs, minimum wage when you start .
Working with colleagues and clients was good.
Research Director (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, MNFebruary 21, 2017
Enjoyed working with people there and with clientele. Flexible schedule was a positive.
Benefits are minimal, management declined greatly after being taken over by holding company.
Conducting surveys
Call Center Representative (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHFebruary 8, 2017
This job is exciting and find when dealing with different personally and some mean some funny people expect to to be polite no matter what and as you conduct the surveys you get a reward that know that you help one more person express how they feel about dealing with different company's.
Cool, Relaxed.
Interviewer (Former Employee) –  Sparks, NVJune 16, 2016
I did learn how to talk to people, and use equipment. The job didn't pay as much as I need to pay bills. The management was cool. My co-workers were very nice, friendly.
Cons
Short breaks(10 min.), No benefits, only part time.
Great work enviornment
Phone interviewer (Former Employee) –  Reno, NVMarch 23, 2017
Working at orc international was a great experience. The people where friendly, helpful and kind. The supervisors are extremely informational about how you can do your job in different ways.
Pros
Flexible Schedule
Cons
Not enough hours
work is boring
Call Center Representative (Current Employee) –  Reno, NVFebruary 4, 2017
the work place is really boring and sucks to be at. you sit on a computer all day in a cubical. you cant talk and have to sit at your desk until your break. not worth the pay
Pros
its a job
Cons
short breaks, sucky work place
Interviewer-Telephone Surveryor (Current Employee) –  Springdale, OHJanuary 14, 2017
I love working there. The managers are great and their Q.A's are fantastic. My co-workers always supportive and greats me with a smile each and everyday.
Pros
COFFEE IS AVAILABLE EVERYDAY
Cons
SHORT BREAKS
calm work space
telephone researcher (Current Employee) –  Woodlawn, OHJanuary 22, 2017
normal working day learn how to talk to people learn how to make your vocabulary and speech better the people re fun to work with
Pros
good lunch time
Cons
no lunch selection
This is a great job and I would recommend to anyone.
Interviewer (Current Employee) –  Reno, NVDecember 22, 2016
The most enjoyable part of my day at ORC was learning to work more effectively with my peers.
My co workers taught me to be patient and to learn from people I differ from.

Want to know more about ORC International?

Ask a question
No Future
Anything (Current Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 19, 2016
Company is circling the drain with no vision for the future. Massive rounds of lay offs are the norm as they continue to bring in cheap, unseasoned talent and outsource to India. It is a shame because there are some great people who work there. Just not usually for that long. Would avoid at all costs.
Relaxed work environment
Telephone Research Interviewer (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHNovember 2, 2016
A typical day at work consists of being on the computer and doing surveys for various clients. It's very relaxed and enjoyable. They are very flexible with your schedule.
Pros
incentives such as gift cards for good attendance
Cons
short breaks
Good place.
Markey Survey Representative (Former Employee) –  Sparks, NVDecember 17, 2016
The job is simple to comprehend. Everything they say is everything you get. All of the employees are very kind. I don't regret working for ORC International.
Pros
Weekly pay
n/a
Market Researcher (Former Employee) –  Reno, NVMarch 9, 2016
Poor work enviroment, minimal hours, poor management, a lot of disregard for life outside of the company, co-workers came and went as there was a revolving door of employees, low pay with no room for advancement
Productive place to work.
Interviewer (Current Employee) –  Sparks, NVMay 5, 2016
The co workers are great, and easy to get along with. Hours get cut regularly but they do offer a lot of overtime. the hardest part of the job is getting your hours cut. Management can be rude and disrespectful.
Call center productive work environment.
Interviewer (Current Employee) –  Springfield, OHJanuary 22, 2014
A typical day at work for me would be logging in my computer, and conducting surveys with different respondents that are randomly dialed by the computer system. what I've learned working at this job is how to probe for vague responses and how to dial out to different areas in the U.S how to fill out "time sheets" for the money i make and multitasking skills. i feel like the management sometimes is out of order when it comes to different policies, they have. The "dress code" doesn't pertain to everyone or isn't addressed to every employee like it should be. as well as the time employees go on break and come back. My co-workers are great to work with they help time fly while i'm there and they also help me if i have a question with something, very reliable at times and respectful.The hardest part at the job for me would be the "hourly pay" I've been there for three years now and nothing has been raised for various reasons, also trying to get people to do the surveys. The most enjoyable part of working there would be, Conducting surveys as well as answer calls to see if certain people qualify for particular surveys, i also enjoy talking to different people.
Pros
you can dress casually and its a clam environment
Cons
breaks only are for 15 minutes
Good work environment, not enough or consistant hours.
Phone Surveyor (Former Employee) –  Reno, NVApril 14, 2014
I really enjoyed working for the company, great management and employees. The only bad part of this job was at the end of the month hours get cut back to zero hour per week.
Pros
Lunch break was not required, so we could work a full 8 hour shift, or take a 30 minute lunch and have a 7.5 hour day. And management was great, they treat all of their employees with respect.
Cons
Short breaks, repetative job and consistant hang ups. Terrible benifits package, and hour cut backs at the end of every month.
conduct interviews on various subjects with people over the phone , using a computer dialer.
At Home Interviewer (Current Employee) –  RenoApril 19, 2014
The company is great. Very nice people and understanding as well. The job is a part time postion. There is no chance of advancement as a at home interviewer. The work hours for at home workers are Thursday - Sunday. Thursday and Friday, 5 pm - 12am eastern, weekends are 11am - 7pm. I have no complaints about this company.
Pros
working from home
Cons
no raises or advancement
older workers were passed over for promotion even though more experienced
Marketing Research Interviewer (Former Employee) –  Reno, NVAugust 7, 2015
No chance of advancements, Company advanced younger workers in order to attract more younger workers. Only 29 hours per week so they wouldn't have to pay benefits some times you didn't get 29 hours and were sent home early with out compension
Cons
low hours and low pay
Pay your bills
Phone interviewer (Former Employee) –  Reno, NVFebruary 11, 2013
Most people generally like their jobs -- phone surveys. Employee engagement is generally good, but some employees and managers are very disengaged on the day-to-day. The turnover could be high at times and people don't retire here. One of the hardest thing is to get potential phone survey respondents to talk to you. You have to be able to deal with rejections.
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
lack of salary increase potential, promotion, and communications with other business units elsewhere.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at ORC International. Our community is ready to answer.

2.4