ORC International

ORC International Employer Reviews

Good work environment, not enough or consistant hours.
Phone Surveyor (Former Employee), Reno, NVApril 14, 2014
Pros: lunch break was not required, so we could work a full 8 hour shift, or take a 30 minute lunch and have a 7.5 hour day. and management was great, they treat all of their employees with respect.
Cons: short breaks, repetative job and consistant hang ups. terrible benifits package, and hour cut backs at the end of every month.
I really enjoyed working for the company, great management and employees. The only bad part of this job was at the end of the month hours get cut back to zero hour per week.
Fun work place
Phone Surveyor (Former Employee), Reno, NVMarch 20, 2014
I enjoyed making phone calls taking survey's. I also learned that if you want to be good at this type of job you will have to be very energetic and motivated.
Decent first job
Telephone Researcher (Former Employee), Reno, NVFebruary 19, 2014
This job was nice for a first job, my co-workers were always polite and fun to be around, the work got pretty tedious, but it wasn't too bad, I learned a lot of valuable work skills from being there, and I enjoyed the time spent at ORC.
80% of the people are very easy to work with and personable
Sales Director (Former Employee), Princeton, NJFebruary 12, 2014
Pros: free bagels and muffins in the morning, fruit on wednesdays
Cons: lacking direction as far as job description
Most of the people are very nice and happy to complete work tasks. They keep promises they make as far as post work benefits. They do not honor employment benefits as far as vacation promised and working from home made during the hiring process. Vacations in December are greatly discouraged. Working from home is not permitted.
Call center productive work environment.
Interviewer (Current Employee), Springfield, OHJanuary 22, 2014
Pros: you can dress casually and its a clam environment
Cons: breaks only are for 15 minutes
A typical day at work for me would be logging in my computer, and conducting surveys with different respondents that are randomly dialed by the computer system. what I've learned working at this job is how to probe for vague responses and how to dial out to different areas in the U.S how to fill out "time sheets" for the money i make and multitasking – more... skills. i feel like the management sometimes is out of order when it comes to different policies, they have. The "dress code" doesn't pertain to everyone or isn't addressed to every employee like it should be. as well as the time employees go on break and come back. My co-workers are great to work with they help time fly while i'm there and they also help me if i have a question with something, very reliable at times and respectful.The hardest part at the job for me would be the "hourly pay" I've been there for three years now and nothing has been raised for various reasons, also trying to get people to do the surveys. The most enjoyable part of working there would be, Conducting surveys as well as answer calls to see if certain people qualify for particular surveys, i also enjoy talking to different people. – less
Fun experience to learn interviewing skills
Telephone Surveyor (Former Employee), Reno, NVJanuary 14, 2014
Pros: extra shifts
Cons: the scheduled hours, healthcare
Where I first learned the courage it took to be able to persuade others into staying on the phone with me so I could conduct surveys. I learned so many things about what mattered the most to people and was able to get their opinion for statistical purposes. The hardest part of this job was learning to break from my shell, but once I did I was confident – more... and happy and realized that shown through my voice to become an even more productive surveyor. – less
Fun and productive
Home Interviewer (Former Employee), Reno, NVDecember 3, 2013
Pros: great training, pay was decent
Cons: short feedback and sometimes it was hard to get information from supervisors
I had a great time with this company but due to some unforseen issues I was terminated.
work enviorment friendly and flexible hours
Telephone Interviewer (Former Employee), Reno, NVOctober 25, 2013
enviorment was very friendly. employees willing to help co-workers with any at hand tasks, and management very friendly
Workday at ORC
Telephone Research Interviewer (Former Employee), Reno, NVSeptember 20, 2013
Pros: talking to cooperative people
Cons: sitting in one spot for long periods of time, no healthcare benefits
It's people talking on the phone everyday interviewing people. I learned that most people do not want to be bothered. Its rather straightforward and get the job done. My co-workers worked hard to make a living and most were friendly. The hardest part of the job was sitting in one spot for 5 hours or more hoping to complete a interview and having no – more... healthcare benefits. The most enjoyable part of the job is when speaking to a cooperative person being interviewed. – less
phone bank
Marketing Associate (Former Employee), Reno, NVAugust 30, 2013
calling people and asking them to take surveys. it wasnt bad but not for me
fun atmosphere
Tab Programmer (Current Employee), Cincinnati, OHAugust 21, 2013
It is a wonderful place to work, just relocating to Virginia and cannot keep my current position.
Not very productive
Interviewer (Former Employee), Reno, NVJuly 8, 2013
Pros: nothing
Cons: unorganized
Very laid back, not responsible, and unorganized.
Systems were always messing up and would send employees home early because they couldn't figure out the system.
productive work surroundings, sufficient break scheduals, fun place to work
call center representative (Former Employee), Sparks, NVMay 25, 2013
Pros: sufficient breaks from the phone, free lunches once in awhile
Cons: no cons
out bound calling to people for 8hrs for participation in surveys. I learned where statistics came from. management was always very helpful. co-workers came and went quite freuqently so not much interaction The job wasn't hard at all, therefore it wasnt difficult to enjoy my time there . Also there was always a variety of different surveys that were – more... required so I was never bored. – less
never again
Telecommunications Researcher (Former Employee), Reno, NVMarch 4, 2013
Pros: hire anyone
Cons: that theyll hire anyone
what a horrible company to employee and to be employed by. unethical
ORC
Customer Service - Interviewer (Current Employee), Reno, NVFebruary 18, 2013
Typical day is going to begin with a line to find out the job you'll dial, then you get to your carrel , and then smile and dial. Management seems too busy to handle problems unless you're a brand new trainee. Everything is self explained as far as the job goes. There are no benefits offered to interviewers.
Pay your bills
Phone interviewer (Former Employee), Reno, NVFebruary 11, 2013
Pros: flexible hours
Cons: lack of salary increase potential, promotion, and communications with other business units elsewhere.
Most people generally like their jobs -- phone surveys. Employee engagement is generally good, but some employees and managers are very disengaged on the day-to-day. The turnover could be high at times and people don't retire here. One of the hardest thing is to get potential phone survey respondents to talk to you. You have to be able to deal with – more... rejections. – less
Very laid back environment
Phone Interviewer (Former Employee), Reno, NVOctober 21, 2012
Pros: people agreeing to do the survey. the co-workers. the environment.
Cons: the equipment not working.
Orc International can be extremly chaotic. There were times when nothing worked. I learned even more phone experience. The management basically keep to them selves. The co-workers are very friendly. The hardest part of the job was trying to have people take the survey. The enjoyable part is when people would take the survey and completed it.
Telephone Market Research Interviewer
Market Researcher (Former Employee), Reno, NVOctober 17, 2012
Cons: short breaks, no room for growth, horrible staff.
A typical day at work included calling hundreds of numbers each day to get information on market products. The management was honestly terrible along with the co-workers. There was no structure or respect in this environment. The job was really basic, and not hard at all.
They are open to many types of backgrounds and age groups. Over time is usually availble. Open dress code.
Customer Service (Current Employee), Reno, NVApril 2, 2012
Pros: flexible hours
Cons: no vacation or real benefits
Good company in general to work for. There are two shifts. If they are short on jobs on one shift you can normally get hours on the afternoon shift.
Horrible
Customer Service/Interviewer (Former Employee), reno, nvMarch 13, 2012
no kind of job security, favoritism and a lot of drugs. numerous supervisors have relationships with co-workers and tend to favor them and then expect you to do their work. overall it was a miserable place to work!

About ORC International

ORC International is a global provider of customized research and analysis designed to help companies make more informed decisions – Read more