Position: Senior Database Developer
Location: Seattle, WA
Date Required: Now
Orca Wave, LLC is an experienced team of telecom professionals whom have worked together in the international and domestic telecom space since 1997. In 2001, Orca Wave was formed by John Rivenburgh and Jeri Wait. Orca Wave ‘BlueWater Software” provides real time, intelligent solutions, architected to accelerate any world class carrier to global leader, as measured by quality, profit and revenue. To date the software platform has been the engine for some of the leading Global Tier One Carriers and Innovative New Market Entrants that are Wholesale, Wireless, MVNO and VoIP providers.
Orca Wave is currently seeking a Senior Database Developer to join our Seattle team to support the company as it evolves to its next phase of business development. We are seeking an individual who likes to work collaboratively with a team for the development of new solutions and wants to see the project through to implementation. There will be some work with our clients to confirm requirements, as well as ongoing maintenance of the software once it is launched.
- Lead database development efforts for new product initiatives and ongoing sustainment of existing products.
- Perform code reviews with development and test staff.
- Work with test and support staff on defect resolution.
- Work with deployment staff on software package rollout planning and execution
- 6 – 8 years development experience with Microsoft SQL Server
- Hands on experience with SSIS, Partitioning, Unit Tests and OLAP would be a plus
- SQL platform experience including MS SQL 2005, 2008, 2012
- Strong experience developing for SQL in a Visual Studio Team Foundation environment
- Experience working in a matrix organizational structure
- Strong understanding of SCRUM and Agile development methodologies
- Database design experience using Object Oriented and Entity-Relationship methodologies.
- Database design experience for large data transactions and large data repositories.
- Experience with web based technologies for application architecture
- Experience with ETL methodologies using MS SQL Server (Extract, Transfer and Load) - Data modeling and Database design
- Previous experience with telecommunication data processing
- Technical college degree, preferably Computer Sciencea