ORCAS Project Controls is expanding our operations in Malta, New York. We are seeking an Administrative Assistant with a background on large industrial construction projects.
The Administrative Assistant will be working under the supervision of the Project Controls Lead. The Administrative Assistant assists with cost and document control paperwork and other tasks as assigned. The full-time position has duration of approximately 1 year.
- Maintain confidentiality in all aspects of company, customer and contractor information.
- Perform general clerical duties to include, but not limited to phones, scanning, copying, mail, and filing.
- Transferring mail to and from main office
- Assist with Document Control procedures.
- Assist with invoice review and validation.
- Maintain paper and electronic filing system for project documents, records, and reports.
- Update Document Control Log as needed.
- Other duties as assigned by the Project Controls Lead.
- Ordering supplies
- Distributing mail and faxes
- Type, track and mail contracts, change orders, purchase orders, etc.
- Set up meetings
- Prepare time sheets
- Project close out: distributing files to trash, owner and storage.
Qualifications & Skills
- At least one (1) years exp. in the Construction Industry
- At least three (3) years exp. in general office responsibilities and procedures.
- Must be computer literate and have working knowledge of the Microsoft; Excel, Word, and other standard office software programs.
- Ability to operate standard office equipment, including but not limited to, computers, scanners and copy machines.
- Ability to communicate effectively and follow oral and written instructions.
- Knowledge of records management.
- Typing 40 wpm – accuracy is more important than speed.
As an established and energetic group, we collaborate to provide the most effective outcomes to our clients projects. Our team is diverse in the areas of project controls and construction management. Our proven professionals, innovative ideas, and systems provide solutions to the largest organizations in the world.
ORCAS Project Controls was established in 1988 and maintains our administrative office and corporate retreat in the small coastal village of Jenner-by-the Sea, located on the rugged Sonoma Coast in Northern California. To learn more about us… www.OrcasProjectControls.com
Indeed - 15 months ago