Orchard Supply Hardware Employee Reviews

Relatively friendly environment
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Stockton, CAJuly 18, 2017
I was a Paint department associate and responsible for knowledge of paint as well as the process in which you apply the product. I was a seasonal associate as well, selling exterior furniture, barbecues, christmas lights,sheds etc. occasional cashiering throughout the day when needed.
Pros
Gained very useful knowledge, great manager, very nice customers
Good people work at OSH
Visual Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAJuly 5, 2017
The best thing about working at Orchard Supply Hardware is the people. I'v made great relationships in this company.
Depending on your manager there is great opportunity to move up in the company. I was lucky enough to work up to the corporate office from the store level.
Pros
People
Cons
some managers.
fun friendly atmosphere.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Napa, CAJuly 1, 2017
Typical retail job, lots of customers, colorful employees. register, stocking inventory, basic cleaning and customer service, assembling displays and special orders.
Orchard Supply Hardware In a Nutshell
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Tracy, CAJune 24, 2017
A typical say at Orchard involves many customer and many questions that really make you use your creativity. Having this job has taught me patience, innovation, and confidence. Management is by the rules; there is not much room for movement going of the ladder. The culture of the store is really positive and well managed. The hardest part of my job is coming up with create ways to solve customers problems. My favor part of my job is being challenged.
Pros
Good envirnment, culture, co-workers
Cons
Training
Nursery Associate (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAJune 20, 2017
It was a stressful environment when I was working directly with customers, but luckily they had me in pick-up and in the nursery dept. It was very stressful at times and at others there was no stress at all when the store was almost empty. Management was o.k. the hardest part of the job was with assisting customers. I enjoyed the job when i was working by myself assembling displays and loading or unloading deliveries and or loading customer vehicles.
Pros
Na
Cons
Na
Associate
Associate (Current Employee) –  Fresno, CAJune 15, 2017
osh is a great place to work the management is really nice. ive learned so much from this company. the environment is amazing the coworkers are really nice
Unbelievable place to work for.
Hostler Driver (Former Employee) –  Tracy, CAJune 12, 2017
I would go back to work for orchard without hesitation. One of the best companies to work for in Ca. They treat you like family benifits are excellent and you wake up every morning wanting to goto work.
great place to work
Repack Stocker (Current Employee) –  Tracy, CAJune 12, 2017
this place is a great place to work. work pace was high and management is there when needed. they give you the toold to do the job and trust that the team can get it done.
Pros
oportunities to grow within the company, managment always there to help when needed, great with dealing with any issues that may arrise
Cons
hours distance from home
I have been in the nursery business for over 20 yrs.
Buyer for plants (Current Employee) –  Mountain View, CAJune 10, 2017
Enjoy working with customers and giving the information on when, where and how to plant their plants. Enjoy working as a team and working hard. Graduated from Mesa CC as a landscape aid and lanscape specialist at the top of my class. Also am a certified horticulturist and plant specialist. Started in the nursery business at the bottom and through many seminars and travel worked my way to the top.
Pros
Get to work with plants and customers again.
Cons
Hope I can work with people that are knowledgeable about plants
Great place to learn
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  DublinJune 5, 2017
OSH was a great place to learn to manage in an environment where contractors and do-it-yourselfers expected a high level of service. As a manager, I had fun problem solving.
Pros
Fun
Cons
Short Staffed

Want to know more about Orchard Supply Hardware?

Ask a question
Was my first retail position
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  El Cerrito, CAJune 4, 2017
This was a fun, temporary position. I basically worked full time but the the job was tedious. I enjoyed my coworkers, but unfortunately the store was closing so we all lost our jobs.
Pros
Great work hours
Cons
Store closed
I enjoy working at Orchards
Part Time Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Tigard, ORJune 1, 2017
Overall I would classify Orchards as a good place to work. As a part time employee I work in a variety of departments. I enjoy stocking as well as interacting with customers. The employees get a long well.
Pros
Close to home
Cons
No set schedules
customer service
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Santa Maria, CAMay 25, 2017
working for this company was very difficult everyone had there favorite employee's. this company was ok to work for as long as you could get past all the different things that were going on.
No Kind of Training
Cashier, Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAMay 24, 2017
I was thrown in as a cashier, which doesn't require much training, but when I wanted to move up to other positions, no one would train me. People are always calling out sick, so being called in on off days is a common occurrence.
not fun at all
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAMay 22, 2017
used to work here pay is extrelmy low and people are over worked the culture is nice and managennt is ok the best part is the discount on products to buy
the employees were great, the managment was not!!!!
ELECTRICAL\PLUMING\STOCKING (ASSOCIATE) (Former Employee) –  Thousand Oaks, CA 91362May 21, 2017
5a.m. stocking then on sales floor rest of day
their was no training. it was a good thing in knew about what I was doing from past handyman exp, hardest part of job was dealing with managers that did not seem like they have ever been managers before. when I started the manager was great,but they shipped him off to another store. in 4 years I went through 5 managers that should tell you something
Pros
great people
Cons
bad managment
Productive workplace
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Bakersfield, CAMay 17, 2017
The employees here are awesome to work with. The customer s were OK. It was a very productive place to work with strick rules and fast paced days. Managerial staff was nice.
Pros
Close to good restaurants for lunch
Cons
Short breaks
Very good company
Sales (Current Employee) –  Livermore, CAMay 16, 2017
This is a very good company to work for. Some work here 20-30 years while others are just passing thru. Room for advancement if that is the direction you want to take.
Pros
Working with good, hard working people.
Cons
Working with the others who don't work hard.
Nice place to work.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Redding, CAMay 11, 2017
I would oversee hardware, help various customers with finding products and answering questions. The workplace culture was welcoming and nice. Management was friendly.
Great professional and family oriented company to work for.
Department Lead and Key Carrier, Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Paso Robles, CAMay 8, 2017
I greatly appreciate the time I had the pleasure of being employed by OSH. Management and staff are professional, personable, customer oriented. The best customer service is our #! priority.