Orchard Supply Hardware Employee Reviews

Fun, Rewarding, Collaboration
Regional Merchandise Manager (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAJanuary 20, 2017
Orchard Supply has been around since 1931, the workplace culture is great, the collaboration between all levels is a plus. I recommend Orchard as a job of choice.
Pros
Team, Life Balance, Fun, Rewarding
Cons
Selling hardware products to customers
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Fremont, CAJanuary 19, 2017
I was a Sales Associate and was responsible for stocking shelves and helping customers locate the products they need. We try to up-sell other products that the customer my need to complete their job/project
Fast Pace Workplace
Security Cashier- (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CA 95126January 12, 2017
Orchard Supply is a very family orientated company to work at! Management at this company take pride in their stores and their employees!
Pros
Great benifits
Cons
bi weekly pay
Productive work place
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Bakersfield, CAJanuary 8, 2017
Great environment to work in. Enjoyed returning customers. You will have a small town/small store vibe. Management was great to work with. We all felt like family
Productive and motivating place to work.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Napa, CAJanuary 5, 2017
Working here was a great first job experience, it was fast paced at times but nothing too unmanageable. Every coworker there was sweet and nice to be around.
good place overall to work
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Salinas, CAJanuary 3, 2017
. Maintain the tools department. Make sure restrooms were clean by end of shift. Learned a lot about tools as well as cleaning. Improved my interpersonal people skills, was a team player and learned how make better use of my time, company rules and regulations e.g OSHA. Management was fair. Never had a problem with any of them. Had good coworkers. They would step up if needed to do other jobs than primary job duties as well as myself. The hardest part of my job was after all work was done, trying to stay busy especially when it was slow. The most enjoyable part of the job was when it was real busy, being able to communicate and help customers as well as doing secondary job duties as they arose
Pros
work well with availability
good pace to work
Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  Weston, FLDecember 28, 2016
friendly customer service,price match , poor hours for part timers .
is a good place to work if you staring your carrier and gain experience
Pros
vacation
Cons
poor hours for part timers
Stocker crew
Stock Clerk (Former Employee) –  Pasadena, CADecember 21, 2016
I have fun at work overnight and enjoy and work team. The company looks amazing. Co workers are friendly. Helping to thier co workers alot. I worked as stocker for 3 years i quited because I leave bad bosses.
Pros
Break time for an hour. Good paid an hours and extra days for work
Cons
Break time for 10 minutes. No paid time off. No overtime.
Productive and Fast paced
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Tracy, CADecember 20, 2016
Managing all cashiers, helping customers with returns and exchanges as well as solving their problems. Answer phone calls and transfer customer to right department. At end of night count all drawers, as well as return drawer.
Sales Clerk (Former Employee) –  Hanford, CADecember 16, 2016
Orchard Supply offers flexible hours and a good work environment. Management is fair and accessible to hourly workers. The job was fun and I was sorry to have to leave.
Pros
Good management and flexible hours.
Cons
None.
Productive work place , largest orchard in company
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Livermore, CADecember 15, 2016
Loved working as a sales associate , the people where great and the customers where nice friendly people. As a sales associate I was able to help people find exactly what they were looking for.
Pros
Flexible hours with room for advancement .
Cons
High turn over in management
Old Fashioned
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CADecember 13, 2016
If you're a white male, you'll go far. Low pay, absolutely no raises, and no care about you as a person. All management wants is a warm body to cover a shift. Corporate was even worse. If you complained to HR, they told your manager what you said. No room to advance at all.
Pros
20% discount
Cons
Low pay, hours.
Fun job
Hardware Associate (Former Employee) –  Pismo Beach, CADecember 11, 2016
Not a bad job to have, for part or full time work. Good atmosphere, friendly employees and customers being as how it's a smaller hardware store environment.
great place
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Napa, CADecember 8, 2016
orchard is a busy fun great place to work flexible scheduling nice managers and a good benefits program very nice place to shop and work if you are looking for a good spot
A typical day at work
SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Stockton, CANovember 14, 2016
Coming to work on time, and ready to just start my day. I learn something new everyday. I grow with my co workers, as a team. The hardest part of the job is when you're the new person and you're the one asking so many questions. the managers seemed irritated. the most enjoyable is having customers satisfied, knowing each day is going to be a good day keep positive everyday. getting to know customers, that always made customers happy when you knew them also by there name.
Pros
breaks on time, customers
Cons
short hours, manamget
Was a great job
Office Manager/HR POC/Front End Lead (Former Employee) –  Folsom, CANovember 14, 2016
What a great place to work. I learned so many things, not only about job related tasks but home improvement too! Working in a retail environment can seem one dimensional, but in a area of sales related to home improvement you absorb so much information you can't help but learn! I worked with a great team, sorry to see the company downsize.
Pros
Flexable scheduling
Cons
Rate of pay was a bit low for the area
Great place.
Receiving Specialist (Former Employee) –  Tigard, ORNovember 2, 2016
I enjoyed working here immensely. Everyone was extremely helpful and there was no drama. I was extremely upset that life took a turn for the worse and I had to quit to move away. Would go back in a heart beat if they'd have me.
nursery cahsier
Nursery/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Modesto, CANovember 1, 2016
Loved working in the nursery with all the plants and flowers. Was fun and a new experience for me. Boss was friendly and very helpful. Other nursery employees were also friendly and helpful.
Pros
working outside
Cons
the hot days
Productive and professional
Sales Floor (Former Employee) –  Sand City, CAOctober 17, 2016
this was a great place to work. co workers and management all worked together to complete goals and keep a calm professional environment. encourage communication to better assist team and gain customer satisfaction. capalized on customers needs before other work duties.
Would encourage you to look elsewhere
Customer Service Representative/ Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Clovis, CAOctober 10, 2016
Orchard started off as an okay place to work, but after about tidiest week it just became a drag. Hours are limited, management is awful, and don't expect your effort to be recognized. Opportunities for advancement are nearly nonexistent, and if you don't fit the mold the managers want, don't expect any type of benefits in your direction no matter how hard you work, if you're always early anything, you won't get it. Clovis Orchard needs to clean their slate and start over if it expects to lower their turn over rate of employees.
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Orchard Supply Hardware. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8