Orchard Supply Hardware Employee Reviews

horrible
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Van Nuys, CAMarch 22, 2017
the manager of the store in witch I forgot his name was so mean and rude and he looked at girls buts, he was always yelling and just being mean to customers
Pros
they sell awsome stuff
Cons
management was horrible
Semi fast paced environment/Distribution Center
Material Handler/Forklift Operator (Current Employee) –  Tracy, CAMarch 18, 2017
Love working here. Love learning new things and workin with the great people. Great company to work for. Pay increases every cross-train. Love working with all the different personalities!!!
Pros
Fast paced environment, pay increases, benefits
Cons
Temp/part time, get sent home when no work
Promotion from with in. Family and customer service oriented
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Berkeley, CAMarch 16, 2017
It's a good company to work for. They promote from with in. Training is provided. OSH is a Family and Customer Service Oriented. I was with them for 22 years and I enjoyed every minute of it.
Orchard Supply Hardware
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  La Verne, CAMarch 14, 2017
Up at customer service, we deal with returns and exchanges, as well as helping people check out as efficiently as possible and answer their questions.
Pros
Discounts, knowledge
Cons
Short lunches
Osh
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Merced, CAMarch 13, 2017
It was a basic entry level retail job. I did learn a lot about home improvement and I learned a lot about my abilities as a person. The hours were flexible and it was close to my home.
Pros
I learned a lot about home improvement.
Cons
No room for advancement.
Good place
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Granada Hills, CAMarch 13, 2017
Fun and good place to work very friendly Customer ..I would tell a friends and family...I enjoyed working with co-workers. A well established work environment.
Pros
Lunches
Cons
Short lunches
Good
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Tigard, ORMarch 8, 2017
It was absolutely amazing how helpful this was! I totally got the job and will always use indeed for my resumes from here in out. Perfect and will always recommend
Great work atmosphere, even better training
Customer Service/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Pinole, CAFebruary 19, 2017
Great work atmosphere, you will want to come to work. Also, the supervisors are very knowledgeable & patient. Fellow associates also really helpful
Pros
Employees, Training & Enviornment
Friendly Environment
Receiving Specialist (Former Employee) –  Tigard, ORFebruary 13, 2017
In the time I worked here I learned many things, considering I had only worked in a restaurant before this. Some of these things included, working in a fast paced team environment, operating a forklift proficiently, learning about gardening, tools, electrical components and many other things that are offered in a hardware store.
Very low wages!
Money Room Clerk/office asst/csr (Former Employee) –  Santa Clara, CAFebruary 13, 2017
You will get used and get trained for many positions but do not expect a raise for your hardwork and dedication!!!! Managers have their favorites!
Pros
Long lunch
Cons
Low wages, impossible deadlines, low staffed many times of the year
Overall good experience
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Napa, CAFebruary 10, 2017
Good work experience overall. Considerate of student schedules and good training. Some registers are located outside and cashiers would take turns working outside.
Pros
Good beginner work experience
Cons
working outside in varying weather conditions
Hardware company full of lengendary employees
SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Woodland Hills, CAJanuary 30, 2017
An atmosphere for heavy lifting and customer support. More of what I enjoyed was coming to work with a great amount of energy for helping out customers and having a great time with some of the employees.
Pros
Part timers get called for more hours
Cons
Not enough room for advancement
Great work environment, and awesome co-workers.
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Santa Maria, CAJanuary 26, 2017
I love working at Orchard Supply Hardware. My co-workers are amazing, and the environment is always a positive one. It is never hard to come to work with a smile.
Pros
Great workers
Great environment ,terrible management
Seasonal Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Berkeley, CAJanuary 23, 2017
A typical day at work is great with employees who work well together though not all are working at their 110 percent. It seems the younger works trying to ascend up the food chain are willing to go the extra mile and make not only their customers happy but higher ups as well. Whereas the management seems to have lost their flair and only grudgingly get through the day and fail to back their employees when needed. Though the customer is always right a company's most valuable asset shouldn't be undermined for a customer who is very obviously in the wrong and should not be asked back to the place of business.
Pros
Easy to move up, make a request and it will be heard, great employees and customers
Cons
management are lazy and do not back their customers, also been known to cut corners
Fun, Rewarding, Collaboration
Regional Merchandise Manager (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAJanuary 20, 2017
Orchard Supply has been around since 1931, the workplace culture is great, the collaboration between all levels is a plus. I recommend Orchard as a job of choice.
Pros
Team, Life Balance, Fun, Rewarding
Cons
Selling hardware products to customers
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Fremont, CAJanuary 19, 2017
I was a Sales Associate and was responsible for stocking shelves and helping customers locate the products they need. We try to up-sell other products that the customer my need to complete their job/project
Fast Pace Workplace
Security Cashier- (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CA 95126January 12, 2017
Orchard Supply is a very family orientated company to work at! Management at this company take pride in their stores and their employees!
Pros
Great benifits
Cons
bi weekly pay
Productive work place
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Bakersfield, CAJanuary 8, 2017
Great environment to work in. Enjoyed returning customers. You will have a small town/small store vibe. Management was great to work with. We all felt like family
Productive and motivating place to work.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Napa, CAJanuary 5, 2017
Working here was a great first job experience, it was fast paced at times but nothing too unmanageable. Every coworker there was sweet and nice to be around.
good place overall to work
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Salinas, CAJanuary 3, 2017
. Maintain the tools department. Make sure restrooms were clean by end of shift. Learned a lot about tools as well as cleaning. Improved my interpersonal people skills, was a team player and learned how make better use of my time, company rules and regulations e.g OSHA. Management was fair. Never had a problem with any of them. Had good coworkers. They would step up if needed to do other jobs than primary job duties as well as myself. The hardest part of my job was after all work was done, trying to stay busy especially when it was slow. The most enjoyable part of the job was when it was real busy, being able to communicate and help customers as well as doing secondary job duties as they arose
Pros
work well with availability
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Orchard Supply Hardware. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8