Orchard Supply Hardware

Orchard Supply Hardware Employer Reviews

productive and nice place to work
Accounts Payable Specialist (Former Employee), san jose, caJuly 8, 2014
Pros: quarterly lunches, sample sales, auctions..etc
Cons: pay wasn't what i would like, and not much room for advancement
open mail
separate invoices
code invoice and send out for approval if no PO
process invoices in timely manner for payment runs twice a week

coworkers were great, every one pitched in when needed...
I enjoy AP so to me there is no hard parts, and I always enjoy it when everything runs smoothly....
DTA
Fork lift operator (Former Employee), Torrance, CAJuly 3, 2014
It was only a part time job for extra money...however management didn't know anything about ice maint.
Fun Co-workers in a stable work environment
Accounts Payable Clerk 1 (Former Employee), San Jose, CAJuly 2, 2014
Pros: extremely good knowledgable co-workers
Cons: job atmosphere and daily life totally ruined by bad managment
before the acquisition by LOWES in 2013, from 2008 to 2013 my daily life at Orchard was set, and I had daily tasks that needed to be finalized each day. Thursday we issued vendor checks, Monday through Friday we would enter invoices provided by our vendors.

Management: from 2008 to 2013 management was absolutely amazing then things quickly deteriorated, – more... they went down hill and our department suffered from extremely bad management.

Co-workers: I got along great with my co-workers, they were an amazing bunch of individuals.

Hardest part of the job: everything was simplified but the thursday check runs could prove difficult if we could not find the invoices that matched up to our checks.

Most enjoyable part of the job was the co-workers, what an amazing and dedicated crew to work under! – less
Great company, poor management
Customer service associate (Former Employee), Yuba City, CAJune 30, 2014
Pros: friendly workers, nice customers, long lunches
Cons: poor management
My days consisted of working outside in hot weather conditions for the most part. Doing heavy lifting/forklift operation. Helping customers load heavy products into car by hand or forklift as well. Building displays for the store and such. I learned a lot about my community and how to be proud of what I do for people. Management was pretty poor in my – more... location. My department, on top of the heavy lifting and such, we are building displays such as BBQ's for the store. We are not supposed to leave our work station, and so we have either management or someone from the seasonal department come and take said display when finished. Some of our management would go into hiding and talk on the phone or watch TV when no one is paying attention so, a lot of times we couldn't properly store merchandise due to products backing up. This would not be a problem if they also would schedule more than one person to be in an outside environment in 90 degree and higher weather. It was a challenge to get them to supply us with drinking water as well. Company policy was to supply us with clean water always, and we had to fight for that at our location. Co-workers were amazing, everyone was friendly and would be able to assist if someone needed help whenever they could. The hardest part of the job was dealing with customer orders of 100lbs+ by yourself when you are unable to load by forklift. Most enjoyable part of my job was the self-management of my department. We got results and kept a clean enjoyable work environment in our little warehouse. – less
Not the most glamorous job, but still a decent one to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Goleta, CAJune 28, 2014
Pros: very close to home, flexible hours, good coworkers, gained knowledge on many tools, hardware, paint and stains, grills, patio sets, patio heaters and cleaning items, casual work attire
Cons: short staffed on occasion, asked to take on more work without more compensation
Usually worked early mornings to late afternoons or late afternoons to closing hours. Coworkers were helpful when they could be but sometimes the store would be understaffed at the busiest times. Some of the management would be sitting in the office telling people what to do when a good leader is one who leads by example. Usually there would always – more... be something to do whether it would be cleaning the store, stocking merchandise or rearranging product on the shelves. Would be called to back up cashier many times when lines developed and take turns being the sales lead (greeter) at the front door. Would be asked to assemble patio sets, patio heaters or bbq grills for display. Also help break down incoming truck shipments. – less
No loyality towards associates.
Store Manager (Former Employee), San Jose, CAJune 25, 2014
Pros: n/a
Cons: n/a
Not at all happy with my time with the Company. After several years of loyal service, and an Associate in good standing, I was let go with no severance package nor hope of continued employment.
N/A
Regional Loss Prevention Manager (Current Employee), San Jose Bay AreaJune 13, 2014
Pros: n/a
Cons: n/a
Responsible for Shrink & Safety in 22 stores. Training, Development, Company Policies and Procedures.
i liked working at osh but hated the company
Shipping & Receiving Clerk (Former Employee), Merced, CAJune 11, 2014
working at osh is like any other retail place, but with a worst company.
new
Customer Severice Representative (Former Employee), San Jose, CAJune 9, 2014
Rabeanco new brand to the US, excellent higher management team, owners very involved cared a lot for the employees.
extremely pleasant place to work
Cashier/Stocker (Current Employee), Yorba Linda, CAJune 6, 2014
Pros: enjoy interacting with customers
Cons: not enough hours
I am a cashier and sometimes help stock the shelves; helped open the store in May 2013. Like the people I work with and the management is encouraging and helpful in all situations. We work together like a big family.
Fast paced retail environment.
Department Manager / Key Carrier (Former Employee), Woodland, CAJune 4, 2014
Providing exemplary customer service and working closely with the management team gave me the skillset required to advance quickly within the company.
My first job that really emphasized and maintained the importance of customer service.
Department Manager (Former Employee), Sonora, CAMay 7, 2014
I really enjoyed the many years at OSH. I was able to move around to different departments over the years and become knowledgeable on so many different aspects of home improvement. I am great full for the learning opportunities given to me.
Fun workplace
Cashier (Former Employee), Fresno, CAMay 1, 2014
Great place to work. I learned a lot about home improvement and being a cashier.
Fun work place.
❸ Customer service (Former Employee), South Pasadena C.AApril 28, 2014
Pros: i got some work experience.
Cons: i only worked there for a short period of time.
I had fun getting to know and working with new people learning a lot of new helpful skills.
Great Sales Experience
Sales Associate (Former Employee), San Jose, CAApril 8, 2014
I was in charge of the nursery facility, i learned the names and characteristics of different plants. It was a great experience to improve my sales associate skills.
Very fun work place
Office Lead / Key Carrier (Former Employee), Yuba City, CAApril 2, 2014
Pros: good place to work
Cons: compensation and benefits not good
Open and close as needed. Worked as cashier as needed. Managed staff of approximately 40+ associates. Worked in all departments of the hardware store. Wrote schedules, assisted with the hiring process as well as performance reviews. Worked freight when needed. Assisted customers with purchases. Ordered product for both the store and for the office supplies – more... to run the store. Assisted with human resources, such as benefits and all employee needs. – less
I miss working at OSh where I knew so many great people, employees and customers.
Clerk/ Dept. Manager (Former Employee), CALIF. (differant locations)March 27, 2014
Pros: there is a 401k plan, my dept lead had confidance in me and thanked me often.
Cons: i had hit the maximum pay rate quite a few years ago, there is no pension plan for the regular employees.
I loved working at OSH. I stayed there for over 35 years. The people that I worked with are awesome caring people. I am still in contact with some of them and I really miss my customers. I stepped down from the Dept manager position and went part time when my husband retired, so we could travel and have more time together.

The hardest part of my job – more... was when I was a dept. lead and would have to talk to someone for not doing their job well. Most of the employees tried their best and it was seldom that I had to do that.

I loved being a part time paint clerk. I especially loved it when a customer would bring in samples of carpet or fabric and asked help with paint colors for their walls. It was great when they would come back and tell me how wonderful the room looked, and when they would come back for more advice from me. – less
Productive, slow-paced, fun
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee), Bakersfield, CAMarch 25, 2014
Pros: boss notices great work ethic
This company truly cares for the customers. I really loved this because I love working with people and helping them.
n/a
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), West Los Angeles, CAMarch 17, 2014
This is a job that I don't recommend making a career. This is however a good job for a college student because they work around your school schedule.
It's a eduactional type of job
Cashier/ CSR/ Sign Maker (Current Employee), Torrance, CAMarch 13, 2014
Pros: everyone gets along, friendly environment
I enjoy working here. it is a fast paced job and I get to help customers when they are purchasing their items. I like the working environment and my co-workers

1 2 3 4 5

About Orchard Supply Hardware

Orchard Supply Hardware supplies California's do-it-yourselfers. It operates more than 85 home centers in the Golden State, from – Read more