Orchard Supply Hardware Employee Reviews

A great company gone bad!
Assistant store manager (Former Employee) –  Santa Clara, CAApril 28, 2017
When I first started the company culture was best I've ever seen . Focus on experienced people knowledgeable in various departments they were in i.e experienced plumbing or electrical people who could really help customers and customers would tell friend and come back cause of the great help they got. Sears brought in 3 changes in senior leadership that destroyed this culture of customer service and drove most of the great employees to leave. This horrible culture eventually led to the company going bankrupt and being bought out by Lowe's. When I first started the company made huge profit and was destroyed by a series of bad moves and the good employees and the customers were the ones who suffered
Pros
Great knowlegable employees in begining
Cons
Complete destruction of good company
Family atmosphere
Part-Time CSR/Cashier (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAApril 24, 2017
Every employee was willing to lend a hand. Managers helped get the job done and were very patient! The harder you worked, the more hours you got. The customers were often repeat customers and you got to know each one which made it easier to assist their needs.
Productive work place
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Thousand Oaks, CAApril 24, 2017
Retail sales were at an all time high when I was there five years. I received the employee of the month award after only one month of worming there for delivering outstanding customer service and my sales were at a personal all time high.
Pros
Flexibility, room to move around
Cons
no complaints
PRoductive, fun place to work.
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAApril 22, 2017
Costco is a great company to work for, but once you have reach to a certain level of management its hard to continue growing your career.
On daily basis have customer interactions and learn to listen and understand the importance of every customer.
Worked with different management type. all knowledgable and helpful to continue learning.
The most enjoyable part of the job was being part of teaching and coaching and see your employees take the next step in their career.
benefits
Fast Pace
Customer Service, Cashire, Paint Sales (Current Employee) –  Van Nuys, CAApril 21, 2017
The customers are best part of my job.We have a high volume store. I have learner that you can not make everyone happy in retail. Our managers are never on the same page.
Pros
Customers and our discount
Cons
managment
Fun and productive
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Monrovia, CAApril 21, 2017
I enjoy working with all my co-workers. Assistance is there when you need it and everyone is fun to be around and talk to. They make it easy to want to come to work.
Pros
The laughs and just being able to socialize like family.
Cons
I'd like more hours, but I am part-time and that's fine for now.
Great place to work!
Customer Service/Administrative (Current Employee) –  Huntington Beach, CAApril 20, 2017
Great place to work! Awesome management team. Helpful and fun co-workers! Great place to learn about home improvement projects, gardening, paint and bbq's!!
Pros
Very supportive management team and co-workers. Fun place to work!
Cons
Not enough hours
Keep on looking for a better job
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Salinas, CAApril 20, 2017
no support from managers & leads, over worked & under paid, managers & leads don't care who you are only that you do what they say, miss treated from managers, leads & other co-workers, old people acting like little kids, too many rumors, no support from HR, worst place to ever worked, don't apply will regret it, was there for 3 months worst decision, was told by coworkers that I would not last
Pros
20% discount but managers don't want you to return item purchased
Cons
No support from anyone
Satisfactory
Sales Floor Team Member/Cashier/Sales Floor Leader (Former Employee) –  Hesperia, CAApril 19, 2017
Fast paced store working in all departments. Helping customers and co-workers achieve the best experience possible. Management was ok, constantly needing support from corporate. Unqualified managers. Overall best part was making friends with co-workers and working together as a team.
Pros
great discount
Cons
Management not giving support to employees
Confused corporate office
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Bay areaApril 18, 2017
This company has gone through too many corporate leaders. There is no unity or consistency. The field and the corporate office are totally disconnected.
Easy money management horrible
Stocking Associate (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAApril 15, 2017
Management likes to have their favorites, ive been told they like to "fill the bench" making it impossible for anyone else to move up in the company. Their referral rewards program is a legal way of showing favoritism.
Nice place to work for a short while
Stock Crew (Former Employee) –  Van Nuys, CAApril 11, 2017
Working stock was a pretty mindless affair. Was there way too long.
The worst part is the customers. They will treat you like garbage.
Management has major communication issues.
People working there were pretty chill.
Pros
20% off merchandise
Cons
Managment custimers
Great place
Cashier, Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAApril 10, 2017
This company is great. Management is great and the overall environment is amazing. I got to learn a lot about home improvement and I was given the opportunity to work in multiple departments!
From the first day everyone made me feel welcome.
Sales Floor Leader (Current Employee) –  Turlock, CAApril 9, 2017
Orchard managment is possitve and supportive. This is by far one of the best management teams I have ever experienced. This is great work environment.
I was young
Department Manager/Supervisor (Former Employee) –  San Lorenzo, CAMarch 31, 2017
My first job right out of high school . With in 1 year I was able to grow and work my way up to running 2 departments. The bad part is the company took fool advantage on my youth and payed me nothing
Pros
Family environment
Cons
Pays too little
wonderful environment
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLMarch 27, 2017
pros:
everyone at orchard is nice, friendly always have a smile on their faces. even the cooperate mangers when they come to visit the stores are really nice. Pay is great!

Cons:
No hours, management is lack of communication.
San Jose Alumn Rock
Cashier and Customer Service (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAMarch 27, 2017
Horrible work place. I hated my managers they were so rude. I would get yelled at and they would not take me seriously treat me like a little kid and act immature. I was so glad i left.
horrible
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Van Nuys, CAMarch 22, 2017
the manager of the store in witch I forgot his name was so mean and rude and he looked at girls buts, he was always yelling and just being mean to customers
Pros
they sell awsome stuff
Cons
management was horrible
Semi fast paced environment/Distribution Center
Material Handler/Forklift Operator (Current Employee) –  Tracy, CAMarch 18, 2017
Love working here. Love learning new things and workin with the great people. Great company to work for. Pay increases every cross-train. Love working with all the different personalities!!!
Pros
Fast paced environment, pay increases, benefits
Cons
Temp/part time, get sent home when no work
Promotion from with in. Family and customer service oriented
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Berkeley, CAMarch 16, 2017
It's a good company to work for. They promote from with in. Training is provided. OSH is a Family and Customer Service Oriented. I was with them for 22 years and I enjoyed every minute of it.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Orchard Supply Hardware. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9