Orchards Children's Services Employee Reviews in United States

Ocs
Child & Family Worker (Former Employee) –  Southfield, MIJune 7, 2016
Loved this job right out of college. I learned so much. Great environment. I really learned a lot from my peers and management. It also gave me the skills to move up in my career. Work load was overwhelming at times.
High stress job with oppressive management
Families First of Michigan Counselor (Former Employee) –  Flint, MINovember 30, 2015
Case management for OCS was extremely stressful. Management was not supportive of staff and upper middle management has been known to "target" employees and create situations through which they could terminate that employee. This employer also tends to micromanage details of a job that is supposed to have flexible scheduling.
Pros
Cons
Highly stressful, cliquish, poor pay, and oppressive
Families First Worker (Current Employee) –  Southfield, MIAugust 21, 2015
Strength based support helping families across Michigan. learned how to interact with other professionals. I really enjoyed working here, helping families and building relationships.
Families First Counselor (Former Employee) –  Southfield, MIMarch 23, 2015
Orchards is the ideal place for a student to work while in college. Benefits are not that great, pay is low, management was consistently changing and poor might I add but you do develop one or two memorable working relationships.
Good place to start before you advance to a career.
CASE MANAGER/SOCIAL WORKER (Former Employee) –  Southfield, MIOctober 13, 2014
I worked as a Foster Care Worker/Social Worker. My day consist of writing reports, home visits, and supervising family visits. I learned how to be more patient with people in spite of their circumstances, time management, more self respect and respect for others no matter what is going on in their lives, and to never judge even when I know what has been done is wrong. My managers showed support and concern when you were having a bad day, they were their to assist you when needed. The hardest part of my job was making the decision to ask for the rights of a parent to be terminated and then having to tell the parent that their rights were terminated. The most enjoyable part of my job was meeting different people from all walks of life and helping to make a difference in their lives and the lives of their children. This job was a stepping stone towards what I would love to do; reach out to others and be their mentor and support.
Pros
meeting new people.
Cons
driving a lot, report writing.
Orchards Children's Services
employee (Current Employee) –  Southfield, MIJune 4, 2014
A lot of great people. But the pay is awful! Good start off point.
Making a difference through quality serves to children and families
Accounting Generalist (Former Employee) –  Southfield, MIJune 3, 2014
Orchards Children's Services is a child welfare agency servicing children and families.
You must have a passion to serve. The most enjoyable part of the job is knowing that you are making a difference in a child(ren) life.
Every day is super busy so you have to be your best no matter what area of the company that you work in. In one way or another the job that you do reflect on the assistance for the children and families.
Workers are passionate about what their job.
Family Reunification Case Worker (Current Employee) –  Southfield, MIMay 29, 2014
A typical day being employed at Orchards consists of driving to home visits, laughs, help when needed, and deadlines being met.
Pros
flexible schedule
Cons
tons of driving
Productive and great place to work
Training & Recruitment Specialist (Current Employee) –  Southfield, MIOctober 30, 2013
Talking to individuals who are interested in becoming licensed to be foster caregivers. Conducting trainings for foster/adoptive caregivers. Conducting CPR Certification classes.
Pros
strong sense of teamwork
Cons
cannot think of anything
poor level of compensation
worker (Current Employee) –  Sterling Heights, MIOctober 7, 2013
Wonderful coworkers but extremely low rate of compensation for the level of responsibilities.
The "I Have No Life Because I'm Working" Job
FRP Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MIAugust 22, 2013
If you like to not have a personal life, and receive calls on Sundays from your supervisor, work here.
Pros
flexibility
Cons
micromanagment
For the love of children and families
Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Ann Arbor, MIJuly 1, 2013
This was an excellent place to work if you are starting out in the field. The pay is not great, although the experience that you will get will be supportive and incomparable.
A rewarding professional and personal experience
Administrative Assistant/Consultant (Former Employee) –  Southfield, MIAugust 7, 2012
I worked as a consultant for this agency assisting them in anger management training for staff and accreditation. Worked with the medicaid processing for the psychiatrists and conducted case reviews. Supervised four staff persons and the organized play area for children in the foster care department.
Pros
worked with highly motivated executive director and his team.
Cons
staff had problems with progressive team work
Adoption Specialist (Current Employee) –  Southfield, MIJune 1, 2012
The best co workers and supervisor to work with. They are flexible and it feels like a family enviorment
Various programs and services for adolesent children
Accounting Generalist (Former Employee) –  Southfield, MIJanuary 17, 2012
This company has a very high standard of meeting the personal needs of various typs of children; in diffrent types of stages in their lives in different parenting situations.
Pros
flexible hours