Oreck Employee Reviews

Terrible Managment
Accounts Payable (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXNovember 29, 2014
Worked in the Home Office for a little over a year and it was good in the beginning until you ask for a review or suggest ways to improve. Oreck is family opporated and if you aren't family, you are talked down upon. Lack of communication, and a very unprofessional environment which is run by the Office Manager/Human Resource 'daughter' of the managing partner. This makes it impossible to file a complaint. Hostile and hazardous for the hard working service techs who are told they will not be provided proper work gloves when they have to work with animal urine and feces at times....was told by managment that it was to save a buck and if they want it they can pay for it out of pocket.
The one human resourse lady is very unprofessional and talks about confidential information to anybody who will listen. She walks around talking about her inheritance and refuses to talk about raises and advancement opportunities. Aweful experience.
Pros
coffee provided
Cons
lack of communication from management, hostile work environment, zero room for advancement
Good pay, but not a good company
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GaJune 17, 2015
The company pays pretty good, but as a manger you check is reliant on other people doing their jobs. Base pay is terrible but the bonuses and commission are great. Upper management is terrible. They avoid answering questions about how budgets are generated (which determines your pay.) Ultimately, your value to the company is determined by how much you can sell. That's it. Nothing else matters.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Everything else
Poductive and exciting
Manager (Current Employee) –  Ontario, CAJuly 26, 2012
A typical day involves assisting customers, making sure the store is on track to meat its goals and to ensure that there is the proper inventory to do so.

I've learned how to assist customers and how to work in a fast paced environment.

Management is great and has shown me how to be a better leader

My co-workers are some of the hardest working team members I have worked with and definitely the most reliable.

I don't think there is a hardest part because I love a challenge and we have such a great staff that there is nothing we can't face.

The most enjoyable part is the satisfaction of getting the job done and knowing the customers love our products.
Pros
this is a stress free environment and i work for my pay
Cons
i am expected to perform a lot of work off the clock
Great place to start a management career
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNSeptember 23, 2014
Daily GM duties are standard for retail. Learned a tremendous amount about store operations, sales techniques, and managing other employees.
Pros
great place to learn for future management jobs
Cons
low pay, mediocre commissions, long hours
Management went from poor to good to horrible.
Design Engineer (Former Employee) –  Cookeville, TNSeptember 3, 2012
The current management is all about China. Employees are treated like machinery; use people and then discard them. There is very poor organization and a lack of planning. One day "go this way" tomorrow it's " no go this way". Quality has gone out the window all in the name of price. The thinking is that people will buy the products because of the past reputation of the brand name. Many of the best people are being forced out and are not being replaced.
Pros
great co-workers who work long and hard.
Cons
management lies and lack of planning.
There was a terrible management team who did not care about anyone, and a lot of deceit.
Commercial Sales and Business Development Manager (Former Employee) –  Nashua, NHJune 23, 2012
Worked in a dark, dingy room that used to be a bathroom, and smelled like urine during my work day. I was not allowed to leave the room unless I needed to use the bathroom, which I cleaned everday. It was so filthy, I could not sit on the toilet until I cleaned it to my specs. If the manager needed lunch, he would make me go out and pick it up.
The telemarketing job was to bring on commercial businesses, and even under the disgusting conditions, I brought in a lot of new business. Then I was let go after I increased the business so they now had new commercial accounts thanks to me.
It was a horrible job.
Cons
everything (see above)
Fun, positivie work environment
Sales/Service (Former Employee) –  Davenport, IAApril 23, 2013
What a learned from this job was time management. From the start of my day there would always be numerous things to do, and if I did not keep my focus my day would go from good to bad in a heart beat.
No room for advancement in the franchise
General Manager, Manager Trainer, Report Design (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNAugust 14, 2012
No lunch breaks, poor leaders at the top of the company, nice staff, very high turnover
Pros
good vacation time
Cons
no breaks, no advancement
Oreck
CSR (Former Employee) –  COOKEVILLE,TNMarch 1, 2012
Co-workers are great, managment needs help! They are all over the place. One minute everything is good the next minute you have any number of things that need fixed. If you ask for help you get 15 different answers from 2 people.
Pros
co-workers
Cons
bad management!
fast paced robotic atmosphere
Assembler (Former Employee) –  Cookeville, TNApril 4, 2012
overall the place was unorganized...you would learn something new and when you got the hang of it then they would move you and expect you to go fast.
Pros
work out room
Cons
being moved everytime you learn something new
meh
Creative (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNMay 2, 2013
Massive lay-offs, restructuring, privately held by investors with no packaged goods experience. This is all sad, because the employees? Outstanding. Leadership? Non-existant. Literally.
sales manager
Sales (Former Employee) –  mesquite,tx arlington,txSeptember 2, 2014
sell clean home products such as vacuums, air purifiers and floor machines
Pros
great company, great products
Cons
no real good earning potential
very good company
Credit Manager Assistant (Former Employee) –  Harahan, LAAugust 6, 2012
they moved offices to Tennessee did not want to move from New Orleans.
Great customer service
Assistant Manager/Technician (Former Employee) –  DOUGLASVILLE GADecember 27, 2012
Fun place to work on day to day operations,service all units in a timely manner.
Pros
able to work alone
Cons
very dusty work place
Learned about the Oreck Vacuum
Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Avon, CTSeptember 30, 2013
Open store, review inventory, sales, customer service balance and cash out at end of day
Pros
discount on products
Good place to work nice people and easy labor
Laborer (Former Employee) –  Cookeville, TNSeptember 8, 2012
It was a good place to work, all the bosses where easy to get along with and the job was very easy.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Oreck. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9