Oreck

Oreck Employer Reviews

Learned about the Oreck Vacuum
Sales Manager (Former Employee), Avon, CTSeptember 30, 2013
Pros: discount on products
Open store, review inventory, sales, customer service balance and cash out at end of day
meh
Creative (Current Employee), Nashville, TNMay 2, 2013
Massive lay-offs, restructuring, privately held by investors with no packaged goods experience. This is all sad, because the employees? Outstanding. Leadership? Non-existant. Literally.
Fun, positivie work environment
Sales/Service (Former Employee), Davenport, IAApril 23, 2013
What a learned from this job was time management. From the start of my day there would always be numerous things to do, and if I did not keep my focus my day would go from good to bad in a heart beat.
GREAT CUSTOMER SERVICE
Assistant Manager/Technician (Former Employee), DOUGLASVILLE GADecember 27, 2012
Pros: able to work alone
Cons: very dusty work place
FUN PLACE TO WORK ON DAY TO DAY OPERATIONS,SERVICE ALL UNITS IN A TIMELY MANNER.
Good place to work nice people and easy labor
Laborer (Former Employee), Cookeville, TNSeptember 8, 2012
It was a good place to work, all the bosses where easy to get along with and the job was very easy.
Management went from poor to good to horrible.
Design Engineer (Former Employee), Cookeville, TNSeptember 3, 2012
Pros: great co-workers who work long and hard.
Cons: management lies and lack of planning.
The current management is all about China. Employees are treated like machinery; use people and then discard them. There is very poor organization and a lack of planning. One day "go this way" tomorrow it's " no go this way". Quality has gone out the window all in the name of price. The thinking is that people will buy the products because of the past – more... reputation of the brand name. Many of the best people are being forced out and are not being replaced. – less
No room for advancement in the franchise
General Manager, Manager Trainer, Report Design (Former Employee), Nashville, TNAugust 14, 2012
Pros: good vacation time
Cons: no breaks, no advancement
No lunch breaks, poor leaders at the top of the company, nice staff, very high turnover
very good company
Credit Manager Assistant (Former Employee), Harahan, LAAugust 6, 2012
they moved offices to Tennessee did not want to move from New Orleans.
Poductive and exciting
Manager (Current Employee), Ontario, CAJuly 26, 2012
Pros: this is a stress free environment and i work for my pay
Cons: i am expected to perform a lot of work off the clock
A typical day involves assisting customers, making sure the store is on track to meat its goals and to ensure that there is the proper inventory to do so.

I've learned how to assist customers and how to work in a fast paced environment.

Management is great and has shown me how to be a better leader

My co-workers are some of the hardest working team – more... members I have worked with and definitely the most reliable.

I don't think there is a hardest part because I love a challenge and we have such a great staff that there is nothing we can't face.

The most enjoyable part is the satisfaction of getting the job done and knowing the customers love our products. – less
There was a terrible management team who did not care about anyone, and a lot of deceit.
Commercial Sales and Business Development Manager (Former Employee), Nashua, NHJune 23, 2012
Cons: everything (see above)
Worked in a dark, dingy room that used to be a bathroom, and smelled like urine during my work day. I was not allowed to leave the room unless I needed to use the bathroom, which I cleaned everday. It was so filthy, I could not sit on the toilet until I cleaned it to my specs. If the manager needed lunch, he would make me go out and pick it up.
The – more... telemarketing job was to bring on commercial businesses, and even under the disgusting conditions, I brought in a lot of new business. Then I was let go after I increased the business so they now had new commercial accounts thanks to me.
It was a horrible job. – less
fast paced robotic atmosphere
Assembler (Former Employee), Cookeville, TNApril 4, 2012
Pros: work out room
Cons: being moved everytime you learn something new
overall the place was unorganized...you would learn something new and when you got the hang of it then they would move you and expect you to go fast.
Oreck
CSR (Former Employee), COOKEVILLE,TNMarch 1, 2012
Pros: co-workers
Cons: bad management!
Co-workers are great, managment needs help! They are all over the place. One minute everything is good the next minute you have any number of things that need fixed. If you ask for help you get 15 different answers from 2 people.

About Oreck

Founded by David Oreck in 1963, Oreck Corporation began as a manufacturer of upright vacuum cleaners for the U.S. hotel industry. – Read more