Oregon Child Development Coalition Employee Reviews in United States

Loved helping families
Family Advocate (Former Employee) –  Cornelius, ORApril 15, 2016
Place is under bad management but other then that loved the job and helping low income families. A good place to work if you don't mind working under a lot of stress.
Pros
nice co-workers
Cons
too much work for those not salary
It is rewarding
Fiscal Analyst II (Current Employee) –  Wilsonville, ORJune 28, 2016
I believe in their cause. the leadership takes off in different direction.
some managers do not care about life balance. If you like busy and excell this is the place.
Center Aide (Current Employee) –  Salem, ORMarch 25, 2016
The Oregon Child Development Coalition is one of the best places I've worked at. They encourage professional development and they have great benefits.
Pros
Excellent benefits
Cons
Low pay
Open and Honest Communication
Instructional Aide/Teacher Assistant (Former Employee) –  Ontario, ORSeptember 6, 2015
Oregon Child Development Coalition (OCDC) is dedicated to improving the lives of children and families by providing early childhood education, care and advocacy with unique and supportive services to enhance family growth and community success.
Fast paced, Great staff that I worked with in the kitchen
Kitchen Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Independence, ORJune 24, 2015
We not only cooked for kids but also parents on parent nights held once a month this was gratifying to see your efforts enjoyed by the parents and staff. This was a very fast paced environment where problems had to be fixed now or adjustments had to be made with little or no notice but we handled it well. The hardest part of the job was dealing with issues created my others that sometimes would short fuse the system but even that we would handle. The
management staff was sometimes people who never managed people this was sometimes hard to work with, but we always managed to work thru it.
Pros
Worked with staff that I beleived in and trusted
Cons
Certain members of upper management
Very flexible for my position
Administrative Assistant/Fiscal (Current Employee) –  Ashland, ORJune 10, 2015
Upon arrival to my job site, I review open items to be completed. I have increased my skills with budgets. At the present time, we are without 3 major management positions: Director, Family and Health Supervisor, and out Outreach/Community Supervisor. My co-workers are dedicated employees, always striving to be ahead of their tasks. The hardest part of my job is receiving payroll information in a timely manner in order to complete my payroll duties. The most enjoyable part of my job is watching all of the infants and toddlers grow to be preschoolers, then watching the preschoolers transition into kindergarten.
Pros
Excellent benefits and the hours are very flexible
Cons
No room for advancement without a degree
Local-level co-workers, wonderful. Upper-level management, awful.
Food Service (Former Employee) –  ORMarch 11, 2015
I really enjoyed my job and immediate co-worker, however, I was treated poorly by the central office employees. One of whom told me that I was going to be made "an example of" when I reported to another supervisor about a situation I observed - despite the fact that she was never in the office. No one wants to be made an example of. There was a high turn over rate because of poor organization. It was a rewarding job, but the work environment was hostile.
About the work.
Bus Assistant (Current Employee) –  Silverton, ORJuly 21, 2015
Good job, love working with the parents and my fellow coworkers, I don't the split shift . But overall its a good job, but in the end, not much of a career.
great place to work and very friendly
On Call Floater (Former Employee) –  Ontario, ORAugust 3, 2014
I loved working here it was a head start I learned to speak Spanish and more about the Spanish culture. it was very rewarding to work with different teachers and staff . I worked with children ranging in age from 0-5 years old and they all had something to teach me. I was impressed that the school went to great lengths to make sure the children and staff were always safe and cared for in the best way possible. I was required to have a food handlers card and a First Aid/CPR card . this job was my favorite job I have ever had
Pros
401k, great place to work and it gives you an oppurtunity to learn a new language and culture.
Cons
short term seasonal work
OCDC provides a great service and I'm thankful for my time with them
Transportation Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Madras, ORDecember 31, 2013
I liked working at OCDC, and if the Head Start Program ran year-round, I would have stayed on. As it is, they laid staff off every year for several months at a time, and it was difficult constantly having to find new employment to hold me over until they started back up again. It was a seasonal job at the time. The wages were okay, benefits/insurance were okay, but nothing spectacular.
Soon after I quit to attend school, they went full-time, year-round. Story of my life!
Pros
good work environment. i picked up a little spanish (which i've forgotten)
Cons
training was redundant and delivered in a monotone manner, making it hard to pay attention.
Challenging and diverse work place Dual language
Preschool Teacher and Infant/toddler teacher(EHS) (Former Employee) –  Gresham, OROctober 1, 2013
A typical day for me was 7:30 to 3:30
OCDC taught me how to be a team player and except that we all are different but in the end we all seek equality
Management lacks communication and the realization of building on others strengths when they are lacking in a certain area
Most co-workers were friendly and supportive of one another
There is always the unhappy
The hardest part of my job was the language barrier
The most enjoyable part of my job was seeing those happy faces each morning as the children bonded with you and then watching their personal success
Pros
good benefits diverse
Cons
sometimes lack of work
Difficult management
Family Advocate (Former Employee) –  Cornelius, OROctober 1, 2012
While working at multiple sites, I grew to love the people in the community but found a lack of assistance from my direct supervisor. I felt overworked with small time projects, my personal caseload, and take on others who where not available. Everything felt very much scattered regarding polices and procedures. The only thing I enjoyed was the people I worked with. They are all on the same page. It was a pleasure working with them.
Pros
co-workers
Cons
healthcare, benefits
Exciting Place
Child Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Klamath Falls, ORJune 3, 2014
In this position I had to be like a step ahead, I would prepare classroom and set stuff out for teachers and children. Co- workers were very nice. Day passed by fast since I was always busy. I really enjoy everything.
Pros
on time brakes, equal to all personel and more.
Cons
now they require more education and experience.
Good Place
Operations Support Manager (Current Employee) –  Cornelius, ORJanuary 6, 2015
The staff really care about the children and families they work with.
Awesome!!
Data Entry (Former Employee) –  The Dalles, ORMarch 23, 2013
Company is understanding, kind and very professional. Working here was so much fun and rewarding.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Oregon Child Development Coalition. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9