Oregon Department of Education Employee Reviews

Bumped
User Support Specialist/Office Specialist 1 (Former Employee) –  Salem, ORNovember 11, 2015
This position was a dream until the budget cuts caused me to be bumped from my position. I enjoyed every moment working at this Agency and was deeply sad I was made to leave by a budget cut. However, it made me take that leap of faith to go back to school and get my AAS as well as my BA in Criminal Justice and Criminology.
My work as distance learning coordinator at ODE
Distance Learning, Program Manager (Former Employee) –  Salem, OregonOctober 5, 2015
My work at this organization was the coup de gras of my professional career. I enjoyed every minute of every day and looked forward to showing up each morning to attack the task(s) at-hand.
Pros
fulfilled my interests and skills
Cons
no cons
Good security & benefits and some interesting work.
Research Analyst (Former Employee) –  Salem, OregonDecember 9, 2013
I liked to get my routine assigned work - like reviewing school budgets - done efficiently, so that I could spend time on special projects. I learned advanced spreadsheet programing (on Lotus 123), to greatly improve the efficiency and transparency of school budget information. The management called on me for challenging jobs in mathematical programing and report writing, and allowed me to work flexible hours as I took classes in Education. My co-workers were friendly, and actually a couple of them were brilliant. The hardest part of the job was the long days in the office - probably not altogether good for my health. I really enjoyed using my ability at math and problem-solving.
Pros
Health care benefits for my family.
Cons
Long days in an office chair.
lots to learn
Registrar/Office Specialist II (Former Employee) –  Salem, ORDecember 3, 2013
It was a very interesting place to work that really gave me the foundation for my career direction.