Oregon Health Authority Employee Reviews

fun workplace
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Salem, ORFebruary 10, 2017
The most enjoyable part my job is my Co-workers & Managers. Everyday when i go to work I always know it will be either a good or bad day. But everybody always try to cheer each other up. That is my enjoyable part of the job.
Pros
Free Lunches & Games on the table while enjoying your lunch
Cons
Short Breaks up to 15 mins
Produtive
HUMAN SERVICE SPECIALIST 2 (Current Employee) –  Salem, ORFebruary 8, 2017
At Oregon Health Authority I processed applications for the Affordable Care Act Insurance also known as ObamaCare. The workplace was very comfortable, respectful, and of course fun. Everyone had one goal and that was to help Oregonians get affordable healthcare.
Fun place to work
HSS2 (Former Employee) –  Salem, ORJanuary 5, 2017
I really loved being able to help Oregonians get the health insurance they so desperately needed. I loved being the one to call them back and say "congratulations, I have been able to approve you for the Oregon Health Plan" My co workers were great, we all worked together to get the applications processed as quickly as possible. The hardest part of my job was having to call the client and let them know that I couldn't get them approved for the Oregon Health Plan. It was heart breaking sometimes when they would start crying and asking what they were going to know, that is when I would dig for other programs that I could help them with, and even when they didn't get approved for them, they were happy that I did everything in my power to help them.
focused on employee development
Office Specialist 2 (Current Employee) –  Portland, ORJanuary 4, 2017
I worked very independently, but was the go to contact whenever an issue came up. I learned how important it is in a job to learn new tasks. Management was very supportive. Co-workers all equally motivated to work together. The hardest part of the job was communication wires would get crossed on small bits and pieces of information. So it would seem like information was changing but it would just get redistributed and misunderstood. The ability to help my coworkers do their job.
Pros
monthly potlucks
Cons
lack of presence in office from union stewards
Wonderful benefits and fun coworkers
HUMAN SERVICES SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  Salem, ORDecember 25, 2016
I loved working for OHA. Management is friendly and personable. The benefits were excellent! I learned a lot from my lead workers.
job security? NONE
Human Services Specialist II (Former Employee) –  Salem, ORNovember 5, 2016
In the department I was in this place was like middle school. Very clique oriented. If your family didn't also work for the state, forget any real advancement. When it came time for limisted duration positions to start ending, they brought in bully style managers and and started finding ways of firing people for complete nonsensical reasons.
benefits
Cons
employee treatment
Committed professionals
Research Analyst (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORSeptember 18, 2016
Everyone was very serious about their work but also fun to be with! Most team projects were accomplished with everyone participating and helping out. I was also able to work by myself when needed.
Pros
great pay, benefits, and coworkers
Cons
not enough parking
A Great Place To Work
Office Specialist 2 (Former Employee) –  Salem, ORApril 26, 2016
I loved working for Oregon Health Authority. The co-workers and management are great people. Everyone is friendly and helpful, they strive to help everyone meet work goals and be successful at their jobs. It's family like atmosphere for a high production environment. Working with the Oregon Health Plan in the phone bank assisting customers was rewarding and allowed me to grow as a person, assist others and make a difference, and be proud of my accomplishments at the end of a typical work day. This job allowed me to learn a lot and gain valuable experience in medical benefits and call center.
Pros
Potlucks, friendly coworkers and managers, great benefits, great pay
Cons
Lots of limited duration jobs, not enough permanent jobs available
Heavy workflow with great people
Front Office Coordinator - (EMS/HSPR/HCRQI) (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORApril 23, 2016
Working here was very interesting as the position didn't actually exist until I applied. I made it what it became above and beyond the typical receptionist position. By the time I left service, I was working for nearly 6 agencies and truly supporting 3. I was handling all of the complaints for each of these 3 main agencies, which was very heavy on the heart, but juxtapose to the staff it became less difficult to handle. Pay and benefits made up for the rest. I worked so hard they reclassified me.
Pros
health insurance, paid time off, independent work, core values at work
Cons
long days seemed longer sometimes, heart heavy callers, cubical environment
It was good place to work
Office Specialist 2 (Former Employee) –  Salem, ORSeptember 29, 2015
Met great people. It was fun getting the job done and we assisted the great state of Oregon. The efforts we did to assist the people was very long hours and tiring, but it was worth it.
Pros
good team mates
Cons
needed more good people
Is a peaceful inviroment.
Human Services Specialist (Former Employee) –  Salem OregonJune 26, 2015
Oregon Health Authority is a great experience. The work place is calm and peaceful. Eligibility worker processing confidential information for high risk population, exercising attention to detail and accuracy, while exceeding quotas.

We complete case narrative in multiple OHA systems on the information requested from the applicant in order to determine eligibility. Enter required information into the appropriate system.

Typing accuracy is current at 40 wpm
Compassionate and forward-thinking to increase access to healthcare
Training and Development Specialist 1 (Trainer) (Former Employee) –  Salem, ORMay 12, 2015
Compassionate co-workers who encourage and support each other in daily work to reach families and children who need assistance in affordable healthcare to improve the quality of their lives.
Was not willing to adjust schedule to help me finish school.
Public Service Rep. 3 (Former Employee) –  Salem, ORMarch 12, 2015
Overall bad work environment. All my co-workers were always on edge because of how stressful the job was. I was not offered any way to help me balance my life or emotional state that everyone in the office put me in.
Pros
N/a
Cons
Caused me depression
Very busy and very enjoyable
Data Processing Clerk (Former Employee) –  Salem ORFebruary 16, 2015
I do not like to discuss my previous employers as I do not feel that it has any bearing on the position I may be applying for. Every office has it's up and down, positives and negatives.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Short breaks
Great!
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORMay 21, 2014
* Provide administrative support for Office of Equity and Inclusion
* Create and organize work flow systems for Diversity staff operations
* Organize, order, and store office supplies for day to day staff operations
Generally Enjoyable Office Environment
Office Specialist 2 (Current Employee) –  Keizer, ORFebruary 24, 2014
I work in the Medical Assistance Programs section of the Oregon Health Authority, as an Office Specialist 2, responsible for processing Cover Oregon insurance applications. The job is equal parts routine and non-routine, which makes the job enjoyable for the variation in mental intensity. Part of the time is spent doing data entry, but it is also important to assess the completeness of the application and the adherence to the rules of required information. Every family is different and I have enjoyed having my eyes opened to just how much diversity there is in the concept of "an unconventional family." Management is equal parts accommodating and demanding, and generally strives to create a productive work environment without being harsh or unreasonable. The workforce is diverse in age and socio-economic background, but the gender mix is decidedly weighted to female, at a ratio of about 9:1. The dress code is office casual.
Pros
Management with reasonable expectations and accommodating style
Cons
The 30 minute lunch is a bit limiting and makes for rushed eating.
Interesting and challenging work projects
Operations & Policy Analyst (Current Employee) –  Portland, ORNovember 11, 2013
Environment where you can quickly build your existing skill set in a number of areas, working on a variety of projects and programs.
Varies by Agency
DMAP Interim Medicaid Policy Unit Manager (Current Employee) –  Salem, ORApril 12, 2013
Oregon Health Authority is comprised of several agencies, each with its own culture, strengths and challenges.
Pros
can really make a difference in peoples lives
Cons
many barriers to truly make a difference

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Oregon Health Authority. Our community is ready to answer.

Oregon Health Authority Reviews by Location