Oregon Health Authority Employee Reviews in United States

A Great Place To Work
Office Specialist 2 (Former Employee) –  Salem, ORApril 26, 2016
I loved working for Oregon Health Authority. The co-workers and management are great people. Everyone is friendly and helpful, they strive to help everyone meet work goals and be successful at their jobs. It's family like atmosphere for a high production environment. Working with the Oregon Health Plan in the phone bank assisting customers was rewarding and allowed me to grow as a person, assist others and make a difference, and be proud of my accomplishments at the end of a typical work day. This job allowed me to learn a lot and gain valuable experience in medical benefits and call center.
Pros
Potlucks, friendly coworkers and managers, great benefits, great pay
Cons
Lots of limited duration jobs, not enough permanent jobs available
It was good place to work
Office Specialist 2 (Former Employee) –  Salem, ORSeptember 29, 2015
Met great people. It was fun getting the job done and we assisted the great state of Oregon. The efforts we did to assist the people was very long hours and tiring, but it was worth it.
Pros
good team mates
Cons
needed more good people
Is a peaceful inviroment.
Human Services Specialist (Former Employee) –  Salem OregonJune 26, 2015
Oregon Health Authority is a great experience. The work place is calm and peaceful. Eligibility worker processing confidential information for high risk population, exercising attention to detail and accuracy, while exceeding quotas.

We complete case narrative in multiple OHA systems on the information requested from the applicant in order to determine eligibility. Enter required information into the appropriate system.

Typing accuracy is current at 40 wpm
Compassionate and forward-thinking to increase access to healthcare
Training and Development Specialist 1 (Trainer) (Former Employee) –  Salem, ORMay 12, 2015
Compassionate co-workers who encourage and support each other in daily work to reach families and children who need assistance in affordable healthcare to improve the quality of their lives.
Generally Enjoyable Office Environment
Office Specialist 2 (Current Employee) –  Keizer, ORFebruary 24, 2014
I work in the Medical Assistance Programs section of the Oregon Health Authority, as an Office Specialist 2, responsible for processing Cover Oregon insurance applications. The job is equal parts routine and non-routine, which makes the job enjoyable for the variation in mental intensity. Part of the time is spent doing data entry, but it is also important to assess the completeness of the application and the adherence to the rules of required information. Every family is different and I have enjoyed having my eyes opened to just how much diversity there is in the concept of "an unconventional family." Management is equal parts accommodating and demanding, and generally strives to create a productive work environment without being harsh or unreasonable. The workforce is diverse in age and socio-economic background, but the gender mix is decidedly weighted to female, at a ratio of about 9:1. The dress code is office casual.
Pros
management with reasonable expectations and accommodating style
Cons
the 30 minute lunch is a bit limiting and makes for rushed eating.
Was not willing to adjust schedule to help me finish school.
Public Service Rep. 3 (Former Employee) –  Salem, ORMarch 12, 2015
Overall bad work environment. All my co-workers were always on edge because of how stressful the job was. I was not offered any way to help me balance my life or emotional state that everyone in the office put me in.
Pros
n/a
Cons
caused me depression
Very busy and very enjoyable
Data Processing Clerk (Former Employee) –  Salem ORFebruary 16, 2015
I do not like to discuss my previous employers as I do not feel that it has any bearing on the position I may be applying for. Every office has it's up and down, positives and negatives.
Pros
good pay
Cons
short breaks
Varies by Agency
DMAP Interim Medicaid Policy Unit Manager (Current Employee) –  Salem, ORApril 12, 2013
Oregon Health Authority is comprised of several agencies, each with its own culture, strengths and challenges.
Pros
can really make a difference in peoples lives
Cons
many barriers to truly make a difference
Great!
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORMay 21, 2014
* Provide administrative support for Office of Equity and Inclusion
* Create and organize work flow systems for Diversity staff operations
* Organize, order, and store office supplies for day to day staff operations
Interesting and challenging work projects
Operations & Policy Analyst (Current Employee) –  Portland, ORNovember 11, 2013
Environment where you can quickly build your existing skill set in a number of areas, working on a variety of projects and programs.

Oregon Health Authority Reviews by Location