Oregon Lottery Employee Reviews

Highly politicized agency
Procurement Manager (Former Employee) –  Salem, ORDecember 23, 2016
I came from the private sector to the lottery. Because of the funds it brings in and its spending powers, I found it a highly dysfunctional place where most decisions were based on political maneuvering rather than effective business management. It is a culture I could not get used to and found very frustrating. Worked with lots of intelligent and dedicated people but management lacked the will or ability to harness this talent effectively.
Pros
Giving away money
Cons
Taking money
Great government agency to work for!
Marketing (Current Employee) –  Salem, ORDecember 30, 2011
One of the only revenue generating government agencies in the state of Oregon, generating $900M+ in annual revenue. It's a state agency so the benefits are awesome, and the work environment is fast paced but very accommodating to those with a demanding personal life (i.e. Kids, outside extra curricular activities, etc). It feels good to work for an agency that funds so many state programs such as K-12 schools,colleges, state parks and forests, and even other state agencies.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Oregon Lottery. Our community is ready to answer.

4.5