Oregon Employee Reviews

Great starter job
Nash Center - Supervisor/Organizer (Former Employee) –  Oregon, ILJanuary 9, 2017
The Oregon Park District is a wonder place to have a job while in college or high school. The staff is treated well. The only down fall is it was only a part time job. They had no room for full time employees.
Pros
People
Cons
Part time
Assisted the intro to computer science courses
Teacher's Assistant (Current Employee) –  Corvallis, ORJanuary 3, 2017
● Assisted students understand the fundamentals of computer science
● Coordinated a two hour lab twice a week
● Graded students in live demonstrations of assignments
Not a Company
Credit Union Loan Clerk/Title Clerk (Former Employee) –  Oregon City, ORNovember 15, 2016
This is another non-job mess up! I guess it just pulls stuff from the resume. It should be able to tell the difference between a job and a place.
Pros
Lovely place
Cons
A State, not a job
I had this job over 7 years ago
caregiver (Former Employee) –  Bend, ORSeptember 8, 2016
I worked on the NOC shift, so I did not have much interaction with the residents except when I was getting them up for the mornings.
My shift starts with reading the notes from the previous shift, and then gathering their laundry, which we do on the NOC shift.
i did not interact with management much, except when something goes wrong.
My co-workers were very much the standard everyone who is hired to work with. If they do not like you, you are out a job. They made the rules,and everyone else had to follow their suggestions. This included the residents too.
Trying to get along with your co-workers.
Interacting with the residents. Some did not have family close by, and never had visitors. I would try to make their day a little brighter. The same could be said for the residents with families nearby. They only came to visit during holidays, or their birthday.
A company in trouble
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Tigard, ORAugust 10, 2016
I am not sure this company is even in business anymore. It was hit hard by the failing economy in 2009. Was a nice, quiet office while it lasted. Nice co-workers.
Working in teams to create curricula to train teachers
Consultant (Current Employee) –  VirginiaJune 27, 2016
I have learned about how race, culture and education can intersect to create successful learning environments as well as create not very successful educational experiences.
working with children was fun and fulfilling
Assistant childcare teacher (Former Employee) –  oregon, ohioOctober 15, 2015
I enjoyed working with different ages of children otherwise I would not have been an employee there. I especially like going outside to play with the children.
Good
Volunteer (Current Employee) –  NewportAugust 28, 2015
It is a good organisation. Everything is thoroughly thought out. Its principles are aimed toward the environment, and takes care to create research from its field surveys.
Great working job, Managable hours, Easy work.
Teaching Assistant, The Gathering Place (Current Employee) –  Oregon, OhioJune 14, 2015
A typical day at work is, managing the structure of the day. Interacting with the children both educationally and entertainingly. Maintain accordance of all state regulations, Maintain safety, and proper hygiene. CPR and first aid certified. What I have learned, I have learned that each child is special and unique and provides loving qualities. My management is excellent, they maintain a well structured facility. My coworkers are excellent to work with, I have developed close-friendships with my piers. The hardest part of the job is when a relationship is established with a child or a coworker and separation may happen. Separation may be due to workers finding other jobs, and children growing older and moving on. The most enjoyable part of the job is the interaction with the children.
Pros
Love the job, Easy work, Managable hours.
Cons
The salary.
very good place to work
Machine Operator, Autoneum (Former Employee) –  Oregon, OhioMay 26, 2015
good place to work, the products we made were very important and was proud to be a part of it. company also had good benefits
Fulfilling
MENTOR (Current Employee) –  Salem, ORMay 12, 2015
• Established notification processes to comply with State and Federal regulations.
• Improved records maintenance efficiency by organizing mounds of paperwork into a confidential, detail-oriented filing system with a plan for records retention.
• Automated monthly, routine notifications to secure timely document updates from associates.
Pros
The ability to assist persons with disabilities
good place to work
Maid/house cleaner (Current Employee) –  Eugene, ORNovember 10, 2014
Every day is something new usually. The owner is a great person to work for and during the summer the money is really good. You usually work with the same person each day so you are able to build a relationship with them and the company is small so everyone gets to know everyone on a personal level
An overall positive work place, very light and loving.
Attendant Care Provider (Current Employee) –  North Powder, ORNovember 3, 2014
I work for the state of Oregon in a personal home. I enjoy the family setting and the easygoing aura of the situation. I love working with kids on projects and I always try to get them involved in daily things.
Intern and volunteer
Intern/Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORSeptember 22, 2014
I was able to help plan fundraisers and events for Special Olympics. It was a great opportunity and I learned a lot about working with people with disabilities.
Each day is something new
Independent Contractor - Self Employee (Former Employee) –  Kansas, Colorado, Oregon, WashingtonSeptember 15, 2014
Each day offered a new day which was exciting and gratifying because it wasn't monotonous and repetitive. From one day to the next I could be working on any avenue of construction it had to offer in a different location of the state or nation.
Due to the housing crisis I lost my construction companies and became an independent contractor while trying to find myself and what I want to do. What I learned is nothing is definite nor set in stone, it can be eliminated real quick to where it leaves one self reliant. Went from 10 employees and multi contractors to dealing with Manufacturing companies on a daily basis, to losing it all due to government housing and financial economic crisis leading to community recession.
I learned customer service at a really young age, people work hard for their money so if you take care of them and you do the job right the first time, you never have to come back except for repeat business and that's always the best. Especially if you are of ethical standards, trustworthy, valued and morally an upstanding citizen then customer service can go a long ways.
Hardest part of my job was the physical wear and tear it was taking on my body or else I would be still doing it to this day.
The most enjoyable part of the job was seeing each phase being witnessed by the customer and the smiles, hugs, shout for joy and excitement was the most awesome feeling. I am very creative so I usually would take the clients ideas to the next level still keeping within their budget. I was usually always a partner in the decision making of the customer because
  more... they trusted me, respected me and vice versa and most of my work was by word of mouth so they know they were always going to get an amazing job.  less
Pros
Meeting People, Community Development, Self Satisfaction and Gratification
Cons
Physical wear and tear, expense on supplies increasing, long hours most often
No call backs for repairs needed.
Knowbody Construction (Former Employee) –  Salem, ORAugust 23, 2014
My customers hug me when the job is done.

I like working for my self.

I work a 12 hour day but can take time off during the day to do other taskes.
Pros
good money
Cons
hard to get loans.
Review for Vail Meadows.
Public Relations Intern (Former Employee) –  Oregon OhioJuly 21, 2014
This was a great place to work. I truly enjoyed spending time with the horses and riders.
Pros
Spending time with animals
Cons
Volunteer
Great training
B2B Sales Representative HR Services (Current Employee) –  Tigard OregonJune 18, 2014
Excellent sales experience, B2B Sales experience, Good employer great benefits and people
Fast paced, fun, flexible hours
Advantage Sales & Marketing, Event Specialist (Current Employee) –  Sandy, OregonApril 18, 2014
You gain a great data base of product knowledge. Bring your customer service skills and sales ability.
Great experience
Cerner Go Live Consultant (Former Employee) –  OregonApril 2, 2014
Ability to grow and learn; an opportunity to experience different environments

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Oregon. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2