Oregon

Oregon Employer Reviews

An overall positive work place, very light and loving.
Attendant Care Provider (Current Employee), North Powder, ORNovember 3, 2014
I work for the state of Oregon in a personal home. I enjoy the family setting and the easygoing aura of the situation. I love working with kids on projects and I always try to get them involved in daily things.
Intern and volunteer
Intern/Volunteer (Former Employee), Portland, ORSeptember 22, 2014
I was able to help plan fundraisers and events for Special Olympics. It was a great opportunity and I learned a lot about working with people with disabilities.
Each day is something new
Independent Contractor - Self Employee (Former Employee), Kansas, Colorado, Oregon, WashingtonSeptember 15, 2014
Pros: meeting people, community development, self satisfaction and gratification
Cons: physical wear and tear, expense on supplies increasing, long hours most often
Each day offered a new day which was exciting and gratifying because it wasn't monotonous and repetitive. From one day to the next I could be working on any avenue of construction it had to offer in a different location of the state or nation.
Due to the housing crisis I lost my construction companies and became an independent contractor while trying – more... to find myself and what I want to do. What I learned is nothing is definite nor set in stone, it can be eliminated real quick to where it leaves one self reliant. Went from 10 employees and multi contractors to dealing with Manufacturing companies on a daily basis, to losing it all due to government housing and financial economic crisis leading to community recession.
I learned customer service at a really young age, people work hard for their money so if you take care of them and you do the job right the first time, you never have to come back except for repeat business and that's always the best. Especially if you are of ethical standards, trustworthy, valued and morally an upstanding citizen then customer service can go a long ways.
Hardest part of my job was the physical wear and tear it was taking on my body or else I would be still doing it to this day.
The most enjoyable part of the job was seeing each phase being witnessed by the customer and the smiles, hugs, shout for joy and excitement was the most awesome feeling. I am very creative so I usually would take the clients ideas to the next level still keeping within their budget. I was usually always a partner in the decision making of the customer because they trusted me, respected me and vice versa and most of my work was by word of mouth so they know they were always going to get an amazing job. – less
No call backs for repairs needed.
Knowbody Construction (Former Employee), Salem, ORAugust 23, 2014
Pros: good money
Cons: hard to get loans.
My customers hug me when the job is done.

I like working for my self.

I work a 12 hour day but can take time off during the day to do other taskes.
Review for Vail Meadows.
Public Relations Intern (Former Employee), Oregon OhioJuly 21, 2014
Pros: spending time with animals
Cons: volunteer
This was a great place to work. I truly enjoyed spending time with the horses and riders.
Great training
B2B Sales Representative HR Services (Current Employee), Tigard OregonJune 18, 2014
Excellent sales experience, B2B Sales experience, Good employer great benefits and people
Fast paced, fun, flexible hours
Advantage Sales & Marketing, Event Specialist (Current Employee), Sandy, OregonApril 18, 2014
You gain a great data base of product knowledge. Bring your customer service skills and sales ability.
Great experience
Cerner Go Live Consultant (Former Employee), OregonApril 2, 2014
Ability to grow and learn; an opportunity to experience different environments
Awesome
Small Group Leader and River Lifeguard (Former Employee), Oregon, ILFebruary 4, 2014
Pros: everything
An outdoor job. The day involved tasks outside. Fishing, hiking, camping, everything you would love in a job.
rewarding job, horrible company
Dsp (Former Employee), Klamath Falls, ORNovember 6, 2013
For profit mentally handicapped assistance company that is more about profit than the well being of the individuals being served.
A Day at work
Cash Office Clerk (Former Employee), Houma, LAAugust 28, 2013
Worked in the cash office making tills for cashiers. Balancing those tills and making deposits for the bank.
Oregon Park District = Wonderful
Fitness (Former Employee), Oregon, ILAugust 20, 2013
Pros: wonderful people, flexible working hours, family oriented.
Cons: very low pay
I absolutely loved working for the OPD. The people were wonderful, management was really easy to work for and super flexible, and everyone was treated like family. If it weren't for the low pay I would have stayed.
Could have been better
High Ropes Coordinator (Former Employee), Oregon ILJuly 31, 2013
I think i would have loved this job alot more if u had better management staff
Great place to work and grow.
Partner Education Services Manager (Former Employee), Washington, DCJuly 17, 2013
Pros: education support / great benefits / unlimited opportunity
Cons: working from a remote location limits your abilty to advance.
Over the course of the past five years I have learn to adapt to change finish both my Bachelors and Masters programs and learned to work with others in a variety of different roles with Ashford University.
Production assistant and actress
Production Assistant, low rent films (Current Employee), Oregon and online workMarch 6, 2013
Pros: making commercials pays well and is a lot of fun.
Cons: time consuming but still fun.
Producing commercials for local businesses and creating relationships within the community. This work is seasonal and easy to manage, however not knowing when the next commercial shoot is can make living off your income from this company very difficult. I now work for them over the internet on my own time or as needed.
Fun people, meeting new people everyday
Danberry Real Estate Agent (Former Employee), Oregon,OhioDecember 4, 2012
Pros: worked my own hours
Cons: commission based only.
Making phone calls, networking, Showing homes, setting up appointments, going over contracts, working the phones, to gather leads,
enjoyable atmasphere
Mentor (Current Employee), Salem, ORNovember 8, 2012
As the office coordinator I have my hands in a lot of different pots. I enjoy the fast pace environment. as a whole it is a great company. If the wages and benefits were better it would be a solid five star company
I am an advocate for seniors in long term care facilities and adult foster care homes.
Certified Long Term Care Ombudsman (Former Employee), Salem, OROctober 12, 2012
I am a volunteer for the state, reporting back to Salem with any cases of abuse, neglect, or resident rights that are being witheld.
Great Experience
Q.J.S Customer Service Rep/ Delivery Driver (Former Employee), portland, ORSeptember 15, 2012
Tasks varied daily. From dropping off products , to picking them up
Sad place to be
CNA (Former Employee), Oregon, ILAugust 30, 2012
This is a place that was not in a good place when I started, saw it improve to where everyone was working well together to a new owner coming in and firing people and cutting wages. Not a place to go to.

About Oregon

Oregon Health & Science University is the state's only health and research university, and Oregon's only academic health center. – Read more