Oregon Employee Reviews

Relaxed environment
Western Oregon Botanicals (Current Employee) –  Sherwood, ORDecember 6, 2017
I am still currently at this job, but just keeping an open profile. The management is great and the environment is safe and comfortable. Everyday is a bit of a new adventure due to changing regulations.
it was hard
waiter (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORNovember 16, 2017
hard labor but not out of the ordinary. the hardest part of the job is they are real sticklers for time. they want you for a full 8 hours and not a second more or less.
Oregon is a beautiful state and slower paced than so ca
Oregon Sales Mgr-Trader Publishing Company (Former Employee) –  Entire StateNovember 7, 2017
I went through a major culture shock when I transferred from So CA to Oregon. Auto dealers told me I talked too fast and didn't need to wear a tie. Just those 2 things let dealers know I was from CA. Customers and potential customers were extremely friendly.
Pros
Excellent Income, Great Work Environment
Cons
So OR was a challenge due to being a depressed area
great group of guys to work with
Technician (Former Employee) –  Springfield, OROctober 15, 2017
Overall a great company to work for very understanding of the way life can get in the way sometimes never had a problem getting time off if needed or wanted. Basically stood by the value that its you paycheck if you want to take time off then do so. I have really never worked for a place quite like it and thoroughly enjoyed working there.
Pros
very laid back work enviroment
Cons
no real benefits
Productive work place
Babysitting (Former Employee) –  Aloha, OROctober 10, 2017
My most recent job was an Internship with Intel in Hillsboro, there I was working with employees on product designing. This internship allowed me to practice communication, patience as well as my organizational skills. Before starting my internship I was a part time crew member at Dairy Queen. To some this may have seemed as a mediocre job but I actually enjoyed it. While working at Dairy Queen I was always on my feet moving from place to place whether it be taking orders, serving customers or spending one on one time helping a fellow employee with a task. Working at Dairy Queen allowed me to practice my efficiency skills as well as my people skills.
fast paced job for a college student
Kitchen (Former Employee) –  Eugene, ORSeptember 25, 2017
An amazing job for a student, would highly recommend if you are looking for a job willing to work with your school schedule and outside work plans, good experience for culinary students.
Pros
free meal every shift
great
Facilitator (Former Employee) –  Eugene, ORSeptember 12, 2017
Working with OCP was a pleasure. I was very pleased with the help that I received from all of the people that work there. They were so helpful working with foster children.
Well supported and friendly work environment
Content & Social Media Editor (Current Employee) –  Portland, ORAugust 31, 2017
Loved working around such relaxed and interesting people. In Oregon, a typical day would be interacting with a variety of people to help address their concerns.
Fun
Barista (Former Employee) –  Oregon City, ORAugust 26, 2017
Fun and exciting place to work. Coworkers were kind and helpful! Customer service was a high priority and made the job a healthy and happy place to be employed.
Reasonable place to work
Engineer (Former Employee) –  Corvallis, ORAugust 4, 2017
To this day I am blown away by how nice everyone was to work with. The job environment was a bit too laid back for me and the technology stack that I used was antiquated. Had the nicest manager that I have ever worked for.
Enjoyed Farm life
Ranch hand (Former Employee) –  Medford, ORJune 17, 2017
Worked with buddy on his ranch as a ranch hand. Enjoyed working with livestock and doing chores in a Western country setting. Beautiful country and enjoyed the work.
Fabulous workplace, wonderful staff and facilities
Acute Care Occupational Therapy, Neuro ICU (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORMay 29, 2017
Completed my level II fieldwork at this location, I was not an employee. The facility and staff are wonderful, highly recommend it. Management is fabulous, and the workplace culture is very collaborative and supportive of one another. This clinic provides excellent treatment to their patients.
Self directing great job
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  OregonMarch 30, 2017
Recommend this type of job for anyone who lives in the higher elevations which may problematic during winter months. Working from home takes self discipline and organization.
Experimental Remote Sales
Talent Representative (Current Employee) –  Portland, ORFebruary 8, 2017
The work is remote, and I like managing my work schedule independently, at the venues I am assigned to. The work is fun, and the locations are in a store setting, where I meet and great the patrons looking to buy products they are looking for that I am selling.
Pros
I enjoy working with Managers and Employees. Most of all assisting the Customers, with their purchases.
Cons
There are know benefits or offers of advancements.
Great starter job
Nash Center - Supervisor/Organizer (Former Employee) –  Oregon, ILJanuary 9, 2017
The Oregon Park District is a wonder place to have a job while in college or high school. The staff is treated well. The only down fall is it was only a part time job. They had no room for full time employees.
Pros
People
Cons
Part time
Assisted the intro to computer science courses
Teacher's Assistant (Current Employee) –  Corvallis, ORJanuary 3, 2017
● Assisted students understand the fundamentals of computer science
● Coordinated a two hour lab twice a week
● Graded students in live demonstrations of assignments
Not a Company
Credit Union Loan Clerk/Title Clerk (Former Employee) –  Oregon City, ORNovember 15, 2016
This is another non-job mess up! I guess it just pulls stuff from the resume. It should be able to tell the difference between a job and a place.
Pros
Lovely place
Cons
A State, not a job
I had this job over 7 years ago
caregiver (Former Employee) –  Bend, ORSeptember 8, 2016
I worked on the NOC shift, so I did not have much interaction with the residents except when I was getting them up for the mornings.
My shift starts with reading the notes from the previous shift, and then gathering their laundry, which we do on the NOC shift.
i did not interact with management much, except when something goes wrong.
My co-workers were very much the standard everyone who is hired to work with. If they do not like you, you are out a job. They made the rules,and everyone else had to follow their suggestions. This included the residents too.
Trying to get along with your co-workers.
Interacting with the residents. Some did not have family close by, and never had visitors. I would try to make their day a little brighter. The same could be said for the residents with families nearby. They only came to visit during holidays, or their birthday.
A company in trouble
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Tigard, ORAugust 10, 2016
I am not sure this company is even in business anymore. It was hit hard by the failing economy in 2009. Was a nice, quiet office while it lasted. Nice co-workers.
Working in teams to create curricula to train teachers
Consultant (Current Employee) –  VirginiaJune 27, 2016
I have learned about how race, culture and education can intersect to create successful learning environments as well as create not very successful educational experiences.