Cost Accountant - Performs ongoing analysis of Organic Technologies internal business processes and costs to help establish budgets, report on process or product margins, and to trace costs back to originating activities.
Manages inventory accounting for RMs, WIP, and finished products, and equipment to ensure costs are understood and communicated. This includes the following:
- Coordinating physical inventory counts, cycle counts, and reconciliation
- Investigating cycle counting variables and resolving issues
- Review standard costs in bill of materials
- Review standard and projected costs with actual for variances
- Validate cost of goods sold as part of month-end close
- Accumulate and apply overhead costs as required by GAAP
- Work with operations to locate and dispose of obsolete inventory
Regularly reviews and updates cost analysis for products and processes. This includes the following:
- Conduct ongoing process constraint analyses
- Report on breakeven points by products, work centers, and factories
- Report on margins by product and division
- Report on periodic variances and their causes, focusing in particular on spending variances
- Analyze capital budgeting requests
- Perform cost accumulation tasks as a member of the target costing group
Supports general company accounting functions. This includes, but is not limited to:
- Capital budgeting
- Staffing, utilities, and services budgeting
- Raw materials budgeting
- Cash flow modeling and reporting
- Financial models to support negotiation or review of vendor or customer agreements
The candidate shall possess a 4-year Bachelor of Arts or Bachelor of Science Degree in Accounting, Finance, Industrial Engineering, or a related field. Cost accounting coursework is strongly desired. An advanced MBA degree or CPA certification is not required, but would be preferred.
Excellent hands-on investigative skills required. Candidate will need to be tenacious in investigating and interviewing to obtain information about run records, resource allocations, inventory disposition, costs, margins, manufacturing processes, throughput, etc. to build reports.
Excellent follow-through and organizational skills required. Candidate will be required to meet frequent hard deadlines for internal and external deliverables (month-end, year-end, partner reports, etc.)
At least 5 years of experience acting in a cost accounting or manufacturing controlling function is required. Experience with industrial and manufacturing business operations is required. Specific experience within the chemical processing, food production, or nutritional products business is preferred.
Experience in using one or more industry-standard ERP systems (JD Edwards, SAP, Ross, Oracle, Sage, etc.) is required.