Organogenesis Employee Reviews

Management controls credit department
Collections Representative (Former Employee) –  Canton, MAJuly 21, 2017
Credit manager ran the department. did not want your opinion or expertise. Very uncomfortable credit department, again no individualism. Goes through a lot of temps because of the environment
Pros
Cons
Not a comfortable work environment
out of touch with reality
Tissue Regeneration Sales Specialist (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 25, 2017
Corporate and Management are out of touch with reality; product reimbursement and contracts lacked; support - if you can't find your own mentor or peer, you'll never understand the industry or the mindset of the company.
Doubling goals month to month, so that reps can't meet quota-and therefor not receive bonus
Management is afraid of corporate
you are on your own at Organogenesis
High turnover
very stringent
Patient Care Coordinator/Benefit Verification (Former Employee) –  Canton, MAOctober 27, 2016
very busy and demanding
Management is via emails no interacting
Learned about Medicare primers
hardest part was learning what ICD-9 code are covered
Pros
free lunch
Cons
no employee engagement
Needs better management
Hard worker (Current Employee) –  Canton, MAOctober 20, 2016
There are a lot of people that are supervisors or managers that should not be. Management has no clue what they are doing and the workers suffer due the management mistreating them. The AR Supervisor is one of the worst people i have ever met. Not sure how she has kept her job for so long. If she was to act at any other place, she would have been fired. About 9 people in the past 3 years have quit due to her. The reimbursement supervisor is one that you need to watch out for as well. If she does not like you, she will get rid of you. If you do not agree with her 100% she will find a way to get rid of you.
This company will bring on Temps and then will keep them temping for over a year. There needs to be a cap from HR on how long someone can temp there.

This company needs major work before I would refer anyone to work there.
Pros
flexible
Cons
healthcare, poor management, bullies, no overtime
productive place
Patient Care Coordinator/Benefit Verifications (Former Employee) –  Canton, MASeptember 29, 2016
Learnt a lot,great team environment, hardest part of the job is gathering the right information with the least amount of lead,most satisfying is being able to deliver in the end.
Innovative company with great culture
CLINICAL TISSUE REGENERATION SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  Canton, MASeptember 8, 2016
Fantastic company with great people and culture and vision. Inspiring to work for, and innovative technology. Very clinical and technical product which I loved. Was able to see results with patients and had opportunity to use clinical ability with business acumen, which was different and exciting each day. Loved provider and patient interaction.
Great team and a great company to work for
Reimbursement Specialist (Former Employee) –  Canton, MAAugust 1, 2016
I really enjoyed working for this company. Great co-workers and leaders. I also enjoyed the free coffee and tea station that was available everyday.
Excel spreadsheets and expense reports
Sales Intern (Former Employee) –  Canton, MAApril 1, 2016
It was great to get a better knowledge of sales for a medical company, but I didn't get as much out of it as I would've like to. Most of the work was tedious, such as editing sales spreadsheets on Excel, but it also gave me the opportunity to see what a company expects from their salesmen. It was interesting to sit in on the meetings because I got to see their selling strategies.
Satisfactory
Electrician/Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Canton, MAFebruary 29, 2016
Daily responsibilities were satisfactory. Learned many new skills and liked my coworkers. Facilities department was a great group of people.
Worked on fun and challenging projects for possible next-generation product.
Senior Development Specialist (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJuly 7, 2015
I worked with a group of very intelligent and cooperative people. All people worked independently on their projects but communicated their results so others can learn from each other/confirm each other's finding to validate the working theory.

My typical day was dependent on my experiments. I planned my own experiments, and scheduled it so I may maximize my time with multitasking on various projects/data analysis and meetings. The best part was due to good communications between the team members, it was easy to adapt to new schedules when working on larger projects that required more than just myself.

My supervisor and director were both very approachable and open to try out new ideas after my research prior and during my experiments. However, I didn't have much association with other upper management beyond my own director.
Great products and clinical outcomes
TISSUE REGENERATION SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  Honolulu, HIApril 3, 2015
Good company with great products. More indications would be helpful. I was only with this company for less than a year and they did lay offs so I didn't have a full year experience with this company.
Pros
compensation, working with physicans
Cons
lay offs
No review
Buyer I (Former Employee) –  La Jolla, CaOctober 23, 2014
I wasn't with the company long enough to leave a review. Shire was bought out by OI, and OI laid most of the company off.
Great Compensation package though!
Pros
Great Compensation Package
Cons
Wasnt with company long enough to have Cons
Fun environmen
ACCOUNTING SUPPORT SPECIALIST III (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CASeptember 10, 2014
My AP Manager is awesome and has taught me a lot of her position.
Pros
Flexability on hours
Cons
healthcare
former employee
Reimbursement Specialist (Former Employee) –  CantonMarch 6, 2014
former employee of this exact position... do not expect any advancement. management has an attitude of "my way or the highway" often need to work extra hours when busy with no compensation. Don't understand hiring for same position when they just laid off people, position was titled Reimbursement Specialist... possible lower pay scale ...Company is financially unstable
Pros
Read this before you apply
rd (Former Employee) –  cantonFebruary 4, 2014
A highly competitive, overly political work environment. There is no more free food because of the gross overspending the last couple of years. 200+ people were laid off right before Christmas - great timing for those ex-employees. As you would expect in this day and age, that did not include any of the upper management. Do not expect any career development here especially now that they are in financial distress. They somehow purchased the rights to another product (Dermagraft) amidst all of this. They have a 20+ year old product and the market is figuring this out. Some days one could wonder why things are the way they are here....
Pros
Solid product, good location, some good people
Cons
Cold war era politics, some employees out for blood, poor future outlook, no career development, poor executive management
Unique Product to sell in Hospital/WoundCare space
Tissue Regeneration Specialist (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GANovember 30, 2013
Unique Product to sell Hospital/WoundCare space. Advanced modality WoundCare.
Allright
QC Analyst-Histology (Former Employee) –  Canton, MANovember 27, 2013
Terrible management and backwards practices; not much help in training and defenitely not a love for caring for the patients or the process.
Production (Current Employee) –  Canton, MASeptember 23, 2013
One of the most inspirational companies I have worked for.
I have learned a lot about working for a biotech company, the expectations, regulations, cGMP. The management (for the most part) is out of this world. They are caring, very personal, and hard-working individuals. The holiday parties are awesome, absolutely can't miss those. And you get a free turkey for Thanksgiving.
Pros
Free food, amazing parties
Cons
Occasional long days
Great Product with little future vision
Regional Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAAugust 18, 2013
Organogenesis has a great product and a strong group of core sales managers that have been with the company for over a decade. There is a strong lack of leadership at the executive level that correlates into a very reactionary and negatively motivated group of individuals. Many of the outside sales individuals are very professional but lack of assistance from headquarters to tackle reimbursement issues and customer service complaints keep this company from realizing the type of sales and market leading reputation the product and sales force deserves.
Pros
Tenured individuals have passion, several change agents, very effective product
Cons
Very reactionary, top executives do not have experience or credentials to support company needs.
Good person to person company, with business on the front burner.
Collagen Associate 1 (Former Employee) –  Canton, MAJuly 29, 2013
Was a blast to work there, Most upper positions are held by younger incumbents so moving within is difficult unless they move along. Everyone is qualified and interesting to work with. Great company who takes care of business while respecting and remaining flexibility with its staff and representatives.
Pros
Free lunch, good bosses