Orgill Employee Reviews

Do not work for this company!!!
Material Handler/Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Post Falls, IDMarch 29, 2017
Unrealistic production numbers , management is unprofessional & will just fire people on a whim ! They lie to the employees. Started off working with weekends off . Now we are expected to work overtime & every Saturday. High turnover ! People are either quitting or getting fired because they are too demanding ! Not enough employees to keep up with work expectations. Manegement yells at you like your a dog !! You are treated very poorly here so if you can find another job I would recommend you take it !!
Pros
Free lunch on occasion
Cons
Management, unrealistic expectations
Chaotic and stressful place to work
Credit Assistant/Accounts Receivable (Former Employee) –  Germantown, TNMarch 22, 2017
A typical day at Orgill in the Credit Department was very stressful. When coming into the company, you are expected to already know the job and how the organization is run. There is little to no training. You are assigned too many tasks. You do not have time to do your work at your desk for doing everyone's else work. There is alot of gossiping and backstabbing in the department. The Salesmen and their customers expect the employees to do what they want in an instant, which is not possible when everything is a process in that department. The Salesmen are very rude. The moral is very low because of how the employees in Credit are treated. The managers do very little to support their employees. This was by far the worst job I have ever had in my entire working life.
Pros
Good pay and benefits
Cons
No support from managers, overworked, rude employees, cheap company
Good Pay
Order filler (Former Employee) –  Sikeston, MOFebruary 27, 2017
It is a decent place to work for . Most of the time you are off on weekends. The management , leadership skills are very poor
Pros
off weekends
Cons
Poor management
Unrealistic expectations
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Kilgore, TXFebruary 18, 2017
Hated every minute of the 2 years I worked here. Great pay and benefits but you are held to unrealistic production standards and management doesn't care about you.
Pros
Great pay and benefits, no weekends
Cons
Unrealistic production standards, management
coworkers are good to work with
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Sikeston, MOFebruary 9, 2017
good benifits and no nights and not weekends make it a good place to work. coworkers are easy to get along with. buy from the company at discount cost.
Grueling hours with little rest
Recieving (Former Employee) –  Hurricane, UTJanuary 30, 2017
2 20 minute breaks for 10 hour days. It was never enough time to eat all the food I needed to stay productive. Productivity standards were unobtainable. Management was angry and mean only numbers mattered and being human wasn't allowed.
Pros
Excellent pay and benefits
Cons
Management, Hours, Flexibility.
Workplace
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Kilgore, TXJanuary 22, 2017
The job was good, and it paid well. They offered lots of hours and overtime almost every week. The hardest part of the job was trying to meet production everyday,
Pros
benefits, paid holidays and vacation, living wage.
Cons
production standards, management, little training, short breaks, constant turnover, very strenuous work.
Warehouse
Order Puller (Former Employee) –  Kilgore, TXDecember 13, 2016
Supply warehouse with goods, servicing retail stores, management is not too bad. Pretty lenient when it comes to scheduling time off and working around family life.
no life outside of work
Recieving Associate (Former Employee) –  Hurricane, UTJune 19, 2016
Company expects a lot of their employees , but only gives back in the way of decent wages and benefits. Management team shows little to sometimes no respect for their employees and general disregards input from them.to much turnaround to build any any team work.
Pros
great pay and good benefits
Cons
low company ethical and moral standards
Small business in a big world
Purchasing Manager (Former Employee) –  Germantown, TNMay 27, 2016
Business has excellent people, who are knowledgeable and devoted to the job. Management is lacking a bit, which is where a lot of issue arise. Pays mediocre, as they count bonus to make them average, but bonuses are not guarantee. Great place to start a career and lot of folks retire there. There's no clear path of growth or development. Jobs can be stagnant for years. Moral is low in some departments.
Pros
Great People, Pays OK, Some perks
Cons
Low moral, pays ok but not good, Management needs improving.
Self Supervisioin
Order Filler (Former Employee) –  Sikeston, MOMay 13, 2016
I liked the fact that I had my own area to work in. I was my own supervisor and would supervise anyone who decided to work in my area. It was a very laid back but fluent position.
Pros
Quiet and great work environment
Cons
Management was unfair
Good luck.
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Hurricane, UTApril 25, 2016
You might get fired if you're on time to work.the Shipping supervisor makes the job more stressful than it already is. They don't really care about you. If you have a family emergency and you can't show up to work they won't care or understand your situation and will doc you a point from the 4 points you have. If you reach the 4 point limit your fired.
Pros
Paid vacation.
Cons
Hard to make production numbers.
Fast Paste
Order filler (Current Employee) –  Inwood wvMarch 24, 2016
Busy always on the go with picking orders. The management could be a little more better then what it is by the point systems. I like working with my co works. this job is mostly working with others
Pros
health care
Cons
point system
fun work place
Inbound Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Kilgore, TXMarch 1, 2016
It's not enough That I could say about this place. The people that come to stay are very nice people. and my crew is awesome.
Terrible Place to Work
Shipping (Former Employee) –  Kilgore TexasFebruary 29, 2016
The jobs pays pretty good, but the turnover rate is extremely high. If someone did some research on the numbers of overall turnovers since they opened it would well into the thousands.That is ridiculous!!
Management is poor at best. It is ran more like a circus than a place of employment. Management is too busy looking for ways to fire personnel than ways to retain them.
Pros
Pays well.
Cons
Management is poor at best.
Nice place to work great hours
full case stocker (Former Employee) –  Sikeston, MOJanuary 27, 2016
I enjoyed working there loved the hours and the people I worked with. It is a fast past job. Most of the supervisors are easy to get along with. there are chances to learn new things.
okay
repack order filler (Former Employee) –  GeorgiaDecember 21, 2015
management doesnt care about personal problems or health. great benefits, unbeatable pay. learned alot through training, but coworkers gossip way to much to be on production.
a job is a job
shipping (Former Employee) –  Hurricane, UTDecember 2, 2015
Orgill was an awesome place to work. I was in the shipping department and they do require production standards which can be hard to reach. Overall the atmosphere was great the people I worked with were awesome, but the shipping manager forced me out of the building she is hard to take and is always on your case about little things which makes the job a lot harder than it really is.
Pros
Great co-workers, Three Breaks, Overtime
Cons
No Advancement, Terrible Managers, Overtime
All in all a very great place for employment
Stocker/Receiver (Former Employee) –  Inwood, WVNovember 11, 2015
My work started at four o'clock am,( which I enjoyed because after my shift was over I still had full daylight to do home choirs or whatever), the hardest part of the job for me was getting a routine accomplished, fellow employees were easy to get along and work with, management seemed to be available and able to handle almost anything that came up, to me the most enjoyable part of the job was seeing the orders go out to the customers mission accomplished.
Pros
Not hassled as long as you did your assigned job
Cons
Getting use to the early hours
Good job with lots of hours
Laborer (Former Employee) –  Inwood, WVOctober 19, 2015
Pros
Lots of hours
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Orgill. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9