Orgill Employee Reviews in United States

Self Supervisioin
Order Filler (Former Employee) –  Sikeston, MOMay 13, 2016
I liked the fact that I had my own area to work in. I was my own supervisor and would supervise anyone who decided to work in my area. It was a very laid back but fluent position.
Pros
Quiet and great work environment
Cons
Management was unfair
Good luck.
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Hurricane, UTApril 25, 2016
You might get fired if you're on time to work.the Shipping supervisor makes the job more stressful than it already is. They don't really care about you. If you have a family emergency and you can't show up to work they won't care or understand your situation and will doc you a point from the 4 points you have. If you reach the 4 point limit your fired.
Pros
Paid vacation.
Cons
Hard to make production numbers.
Fast Paste
Order filler (Current Employee) –  Inwood wvMarch 24, 2016
Busy always on the go with picking orders. The management could be a little more better then what it is by the point systems. I like working with my co works. this job is mostly working with others
Pros
health care
Cons
point system
fun work place
Inbound Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Kilgore, TXMarch 1, 2016
It's not enough That I could say about this place. The people that come to stay are very nice people. and my crew is awesome.
Terrible Place to Work
Shipping (Former Employee) –  Kilgore TexasFebruary 29, 2016
The jobs pays pretty good, but the turnover rate is extremely high. If someone did some research on the numbers of overall turnovers since they opened it would well into the thousands.That is ridiculous!!
Management is poor at best. It is ran more like a circus than a place of employment. Management is too busy looking for ways to fire personnel than ways to retain them.
Pros
Pays well.
Cons
Management is poor at best.
Nice place to work great hours
full case stocker (Former Employee) –  Sikeston, MOJanuary 27, 2016
I enjoyed working there loved the hours and the people I worked with. It is a fast past job. Most of the supervisors are easy to get along with. there are chances to learn new things.
okay
repack order filler (Former Employee) –  GeorgiaDecember 21, 2015
management doesnt care about personal problems or health. great benefits, unbeatable pay. learned alot through training, but coworkers gossip way to much to be on production.
a job is a job
shipping (Former Employee) –  Hurricane, UTDecember 2, 2015
Orgill was an awesome place to work. I was in the shipping department and they do require production standards which can be hard to reach. Overall the atmosphere was great the people I worked with were awesome, but the shipping manager forced me out of the building she is hard to take and is always on your case about little things which makes the job a lot harder than it really is.
Pros
Great co-workers, Three Breaks, Overtime
Cons
No Advancement, Terrible Managers, Overtime
All in all a very great place for employment
Stocker/Receiver (Former Employee) –  Inwood, WVNovember 11, 2015
My work started at four o'clock am,( which I enjoyed because after my shift was over I still had full daylight to do home choirs or whatever), the hardest part of the job for me was getting a routine accomplished, fellow employees were easy to get along and work with, management seemed to be available and able to handle almost anything that came up, to me the most enjoyable part of the job was seeing the orders go out to the customers mission accomplished.
Pros
Not hassled as long as you did your assigned job
Cons
Getting use to the early hours
Good job with lots of hours
Laborer (Former Employee) –  Inwood, WVOctober 19, 2015
The job was good, and it paid well. They offered lots of hours and overtime almost every week. The hardest part of the job was trying to meet production everyday,
Pros
Lots of hours
Cons
Good pay for area but with pushy management and unrealistic production standards.
material handler stocking (Former Employee) –  Hurricane, UTSeptember 10, 2015
They have little to no time to train employees and leave it to other employees to train you. You are help to a very high production standard which other employees will throw you under the bus to meet. Though most co workers are personable and hardworking. Management can go from personable and encouraging to overbearing and unbearable to the point of quitting and they frequently rotate so you never know who will be your supervisor next. Work is boring and mechanical, same thing day in and day out. If you crave diversity in your work this is not for you, but on the other hand if you are fine with doing the same laborious tasks everyday and quickly this job is great. A typical day goes as follows: put box in shelf, rack, on pallet and repeat throughout the day with two 20 min breaks whether you work 8 hours or 12. The good part about this job is weekends off, great benefits, good pay for the area. If you are injured you will be made to sit in a hallway and play security guard so as to not break their fabricated injury free streak. If you are lucky you will stay around long enough to learn how to use a forklift and other such warehouse machinery. Don't bother giving two weeks notice you will be sacked immediately and walked out by a supervisor. This place has a very high turnover rate and you are constantly dealing with new people that don't know what they are doing because they cannot get people to stay for more than a month or so. people working shipping, replenishment or order filling can expect to work 12 to 15 hours a day consistently.
Pros
benefits, paid holidays and vacation, living wage.
Cons
production standards, management, little training, short breaks, constant turnover, very strenuous work.
not to worried about driver safety,more concerned with deadlines and write up of driver's.
former driver (Former Employee) –  albany nySeptember 5, 2015
delivering overweight pallets with basic floor pallet jacks,poor loading procedures,its not about safety,its about money,and being right all the time,and they spend more time trying to write driver's up and not backing them up vs public scrutiny.not a good way to treat their driver's,other than that the money is good if you never want time at home,or have doctor appointments,or personal matters.
Pros
non
Cons
constant write ups, for remedial stuff, bad loads, poor management, over bearing, dispatch, and that's because they have to many non driver's doing work they shouldn't be doing.
orgill
Material Handler (Current Employee) –  Kilgore, TXAugust 22, 2015
its an opportunity to learn a new environment. I want to own my own business and love to learn new things to use towards my goals. I have learned about a headset paced order pulling system instead of pulling your orders for shipments on a daily basis by paper work. pros and cons regarding either way. good environment and opportunities. I am moving to Sherman, Texas so I am needing to find a forever home close to Sherman,Texas.
Invested a great opportunity with this growing company
Order Filler (Former Employee) –  Hurricane, UTJuly 27, 2015
Great company that's constantly growing. Employee's treated with respect and positive attitudes. Learned to invest in one another as a team and always look upon the brighter side of things.
Pros
Great People and long days
Cons
Early start time
Was a excellent place to work until the recession hit
driver (Former Employee) –  Dracut, MAJuly 19, 2015
hurry....hurry....hurry....make your deadlines, but obey all the traffic laws. Safety, until it interferes with profit. No cell phone while driving, but answer the phone when management calls. Management with NO driving experience telling the driver what to do.
Pros
paid holidays
Cons
POOR MANAGEMENT
Productive, hard, Get weekends and holidays off.
Inbound Material Handler (Current Employee) –  Hurricane, UTJuly 6, 2015
Working with this Company is very tough, you go in, and you sweat from the time you show up till the time you get home. The management expects a lot from there employees. they set Production rates and expect you to be able to hit those rates as best as you can. This is expected if your working for this position. Management take good care of there workers. they give them the opportunity to stretch and warm up 15 minutes before letting them go onto the work floor. They make sure that there employees are hydrated, you get rewarded for you hard work. and you get holidays and weekends off.
Pros
Great benifits, and pay.
Cons
Production can be hard to Hit
My Daily Job Overview
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNMarch 25, 2015
I believe Orgill is a wonderful place to work. Most of the employees that I know are well-rounded respectable individuals with strong work ethics. I value these characteristics in a work setting. I deal with customers issues or concerns daily and learn something new almost everyday. The most enjoyable part to my day is knowing that I have satisfied a customer.
Pros
Great employee support
Cons
Some managerial issues
good hours sometime
Parts puller (Former Employee) –  Kilgore, TXJanuary 22, 2015
the hour are good and its not hard work. the people where nice when i worked there. a job is a job
Pros
good money
Very Unprofessional
Bilingual Export Specialist (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNJanuary 14, 2015
When I was hired, I was very excited because they seemed very professional until I set foot on the door. I was hired in a position which my first two weeks was very difficult because no one had time to train me- then after my 3rd week- I was offered another position because supposedly It was a better fit for me...I was trained in 3 days and after 4 weeks I was let go because I wasn't meeting the job requirements- The person that trained was very nasty and every time I asked a question she seemed very bothered, not to mention all the trash she spoke about the previous person that worked there. On one occasion she called me by the name of the person she trashed so much, and I called her out on it- from that moment on it was down hill. Then I was escorted out of the building like I was some kind of criminal.
But is ok. I'm definitely not a good fit to work in a place like that. Blessings coming my way!!!
Pros
good pay-benefits
Cons
boot leg training- no teamwork at all- youre on your own
Excellent Employer
Benefits Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVNovember 15, 2014
A stellar and reputable company in the Las Vegas area.
Personable and professional in every aspect.