ORIENTAL TRADING Employee Reviews

Very fun place to work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Omaha, NEJuly 11, 2015
This is a fun place to work. Helping people place orders and if they were unhappy then we would replace it. Received boxes of stuff on holidays.
Hardworker
Stocker (Former Employee), Omaha, NEJuly 2, 2015
Pros: Kids are happy, great coworkers
Cons: short breaks no healthcare
Typical day I help kids with craft activity in the morning and then we read to them and do a worksheet then we have time to go outside and then come in and eat lunch then we got to sleep for two hours get up and eat snack and then we play from 3-4 and then we have outside time again and then they go home
i love my job there
Customer Service Representative (CSR)/Warehouse (Former Employee), Omaha, NebraskaJanuary 8, 2015
I really did like my Job at OTC but the pay was not good i had to get a better paying job because of my bills bit if that was not the case I would still be there
FUN PLACE TO WORK
Picker (Former Employee), Omaha, NEOctober 2, 2014
Pros: fun work place and loved employees
Cons: paid by the piece
I LOVED IT HERE EXCEPT WE WERE PAID BY THE PIECE AND I DIDNT GET ENOUGH MONEY.
If you have warehouse experience look elsewhere.
Orderfiller (Former Employee), LaVista NEApril 8, 2014
Pros: fair point system
Cons: lazy management, never solves problems, outdated equipment
It might just be the area I worked in, but leadership proved to be incompetent of the workplace and unwilling to solve problems. Simple issues persist for years, literally years because it's never a high enough priority to address. While normally this would only be a annoyance, due to their bonus system they count on offsetting their lower rate of pay, these issues will effect your income.

I should also like to make note of how they recognized their employees who routinely go above and beyond the normal call to make ends meet, or more accurately the lack there of. I'd taken on many tasks that required much self sacrifice and even hurting my own performance, and couldn't get so much as a "thank you" for my efforts.

I'll end by saying if you haven't any work experience you can do worse then OTC, but don't put much faith in their promise of promoting from within or how good their bonus system is. If management was only good at one thing it would be talking, but talking without action is meaningless.
Very High Turnover of All Executives
SVP & Chief Information Officer (Former Employee), Omaha NEOctober 4, 2013
Very high turnover in Executive level makes it hard to build a tam
Fun workplace
Order Picker (Former Employee), Omaha, NEMay 29, 2013
Pros: fun
Cons: point system needs improvement
Days go by fast because you are always busy. Breaks are good. People are fun to work with. Supervisors are personable.
Fabulous company with great benefits!
Artist (Former Employee), Omaha, NEMarch 13, 2013
Pros: freedom to be creative and experiment artistically
Cons: worked 10 hours plus a day, 5-6 days a week.
My experience with Oriental Trading was life changing. This was my second job out of college, and I was the second full time artist on staff. I drew all day long, from layouts of product pages for upcoming publications, on top of being able to design toys and product to be replicated overseas.
The work was intensive and very pleasurable. I always woke excited to start my job, meeting deadlines and proofing art pages from the separator. It was challenging to discover new ways to keep costs down and easier ways to produce our catalogs.
Managment was nice.
Customer Service (Former Employee), Omaha, NEOctober 17, 2012
Taking inbound orders over the phone. Multi-tasking know how is a must. Management was nice. Co-workers were alot of fun. Hardest part of the job, work being consistant. Enjoyment, co-workers.
productive work place with fun and friendly atmosphere
CSA (Former Employee), Fremont, NEJuly 20, 2012
Pros: flamingo fun days, special meal, co workers
Cons: angry customers, all your stats that you have to maintain
I loved working at Oriental Trading. Everybody there was a delite to work with and the management team was amazing, always trying to help you to ensure that you keep your job. There were some customers that were hard to deal with, but it was worth it. They were always doing activites with us and keeping us engagded with things to do.