ORIENTAL TRADING Employee Reviews

Fun
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Omaha, ARJune 29, 2017
Pass around candy are able to call a supervisor and theyll be right over to help you without any questions. They make work fun so you wont complain about being there. Dont like how they updated their stuff so job requirments are harder now & now they wornder why they cant fill up training classes cause they are preventing people from being able to work
Fun job with flexible hours
Chat Agent (Current Employee) –  Omaha, NEJune 2, 2017
Work with a lot of great people in a fun atmosphere! Get to help people place orders for all kinds of events. Very flexible with the hours and days off.
very fun and friendly place to work,
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEMay 21, 2017
friendly, calm, and so positive. i highly recommend this workplace to everyone, the best call center ive worked at by far, i'd love to work there again.
Multimedia Specialist (Current Employee) –  Omaha, NEMay 11, 2017
Oriental Trading Company is a great place to work if you like to work on things that help make the world more fun. They have a pretty good environment there for you to act like your kid self.
Its a amazing place to work
Order Filler (Former Employee) –  Lavista, NEApril 11, 2017
It's an amazing place to work you get the weekends off the employees are very nice you have benefits and paid vacation it's very laid back you don't work with the public you get to work on your own
Pros
No weekends
It was fun place to work.
Call Center Agent (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEMarch 17, 2017
Liked getting free candy at work. Liked the lunchroom they had. Food was real cheap. They had vendors come in. People there were nice and friendly. Nice environment.
Pros
Nice friendly people work there and they are very helpful.
Cons
Enviroment was nice.
Amazing place to work!
Picker/Packer (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEMarch 8, 2017
I overall loved working at Oriental Trading, the people at OTC are awesome. The daily tasks were always different, in the morning we would pick/pack and by the time it was first break we were done picking and packing. So after first break we would be sent to a different part of the warehouse to do something else for a different department.
Pros
Amazing people, fun environment
Cons
Walking distance to break room
ok
PZ Operator (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEFebruary 17, 2017
it was a good work environment, althoiugh they were not compassionate when confronted with employees personal life needs. It was all about what you can do for them not what they can do for you.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEFebruary 2, 2017
It was a fun laid back place to work I like all the products that they sell and I liked the people they were nice. I also like that they give you free holiday boxes for being an employee.
Source, merchandise, & sell
Associate Buyer for Personalization (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEJanuary 6, 2017
Evaluate current sales trends, pricing, and advertising
Find & develop new items for future catalogs
Merchandise the website and email campaigns for the core business of Oriental Trading
Manage seasonal Web updates, request new product images, & evaluate sales trends
Decide which merchandise should be featured during any one time period
Work directly with suppliers to negotiate costs & minimum order size
Evaluating current sales trends, pricing, & advertising
Pros
Toys everywhere!
Cons
Limited guidance, mentoring, or development opportunities
great place to work with great benefits
Equipment Operator (Current Employee) –  Omaha, NEDecember 5, 2016
great place to work at with great benefits and a steady pace and flexible schedule with hard working employees and a fun loving environment and great pay and benefits
IT dept is horrible
Programmer (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NENovember 7, 2016
Totally disfuctional and little management backing.
Leadership changes your task priorities almost daily due to other depts needs no matter what. So, you end up behind in your projects with no changes in deadlines
Pros
Flexible schedule.
Cons
Work environment
fun workplace
Bilingual / International Customer Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NENovember 2, 2016
everyone is very welcoming and helpful. lots of employee perks and lots of benefits of working there managers are all so helpful and allways very kind
Talent Acquisition
Talent Acquisition Specialist (Current Employee) –  Lavista, NEOctober 21, 2016
I love working at Oriental Trading it is a fun environment, everyone is friendly. Reviewing applications, setting up applicants for assessments, etc. Oriental Trading the people are fun to work with and it is a laid back environment.
Pros
Discount of there products, fun enviroment, nice managers.
Fun Place to work
Sales and Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Fremont Ne and Omaha NESeptember 19, 2016
I really enjoyed working at the Fremont locations, The managers and other co-workers were very helpful and fun and you were always recognized for doing a great job, you won ducky bucks to buy things in their store, you were given money to shop in the warehouse at Christmas, you received gift cards for being top performer in the company, front row parking, excellent place to work.
fun place to work
Cycle Counter (Current Employee) –  Omaha, NESeptember 12, 2016
I enjoy working there great benefits, paid holidays, vacation after 6 months employment also get 5 free paid days off a year. Really enjoy all my co works a great bunch of people
Pros
great benefits, great hours
Cons
on my feet for 10 hours a day
My typical day at work is to keep the facility clean.
Housekeeper (Current Employee) –  Fremont, NESeptember 5, 2016
My typical day at work is to keep the facility clean.

I clean and disinfect the break room and both bathrooms. I vacuum the hallway and entry way. I empty trash twice a day in the break room, bathrooms and on the call center floor.

I also wash windows and keep the outside break area clean.

I dust the top of vending machines and supply cabinets.

I place supply orders and keep all supplies stocked in their proper area.

I am very proud of what I do and the way the facility looks when I am done for the day.
Pros
I work by myself at my own pace.
Cons
I sometimes feel unappreciated.
Import Specialist (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEAugust 15, 2016
The job was challenging and I loved the people I worked with. There was open communication with new ideas and different perspectives on resolving issues. You knew what was expected to get the job done. Limited access to management which wasn't so good. Managers were in too many meetings. Overall, this was a great place to work. There were employee benefits that extended beyond your typical insurances and retirement accounts... things like tailgate parties, food days, participation in charity work, community outreach, employee sale, give away boxes, and employee discounts.
Pros
Fun work environment
Cons
Salary
I wouldn't do this again.
Packer (Former Employee) –  Lavista, NEAugust 14, 2016
I enjoyed being able to wear what i want to work,, but I didnt enjoy this job. They told me i was to slow and it was just dirty over all. The perks of having people to talk to was good though.
Terrible Place to work
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  La Vista, NEJuly 15, 2016
Worked here for a little over a couple of months and they had me terminated due to a fellow employee disliking me. They came up with false pretenses as to why I was terminated and couldn't justify as to why i was terminated on any just grounds. DO NOT apply for this job.