ORIENTAL TRADING Employee Reviews

Fun place to work
Import Specialist (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEAugust 15, 2016
The job was challenging and I loved the people I worked with. There was open communication with new ideas and different perspectives on resolving issues. You knew what was expected to get the job done. Limited access to management which wasn't so good. Managers were in too many meetings. Overall, this was a great place to work. There were employee benefits that extended beyond your typical insurances and retirement accounts... things like tailgate parties, food days, participation in charity work, community outreach, employee sale, give away boxes, and employee discounts.
Pros
Fun work environment
Cons
Salary
IT dept is horrible
Programmer (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NENovember 7, 2016
Totally disfuctional and little management backing.
Leadership changes your task priorities almost daily due to other depts needs no matter what. So, you end up behind in your projects with no changes in deadlines
Pros
Flexible schedule.
Cons
Work environment
Source, merchandise, & sell
Associate Buyer for Personalization (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEJanuary 6, 2017
Evaluate current sales trends, pricing, and advertising
Find & develop new items for future catalogs
Merchandise the website and email campaigns for the core business of Oriental Trading
Manage seasonal Web updates, request new product images, & evaluate sales trends
Decide which merchandise should be featured during any one time period
Work directly with suppliers to negotiate costs & minimum order size
Evaluating current sales trends, pricing, & advertising
Pros
Toys everywhere!
Cons
Limited guidance, mentoring, or development opportunities
fun workplace
Bilingual / International Customer Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NENovember 2, 2016
everyone is very welcoming and helpful. lots of employee perks and lots of benefits of working there managers are all so helpful and allways very kind
Not a really good place to work if you are looking for more money
Order Filler (Former Employee) –  La Vista, NEMay 9, 2016
This is one of the worst companies I've worked for. They want you to do a lot for little money. Raises are horrible the most you can get is 30 cents, that's a shame for such a big company
Pros
Vacation
Cons
Pay is really bad
fun place to work
Cycle Counter (Current Employee) –  Omaha, NESeptember 12, 2016
I enjoy working there great benefits, paid holidays, vacation after 6 months employment also get 5 free paid days off a year. Really enjoy all my co works a great bunch of people
Pros
great benefits, great hours
Cons
on my feet for 10 hours a day
My typical day at work is to keep the facility clean.
Housekeeper (Current Employee) –  Fremont, NESeptember 5, 2016
My typical day at work is to keep the facility clean.

I clean and disinfect the break room and both bathrooms. I vacuum the hallway and entry way. I empty trash twice a day in the break room, bathrooms and on the call center floor.

I also wash windows and keep the outside break area clean.

I dust the top of vending machines and supply cabinets.

I place supply orders and keep all supplies stocked in their proper area.

I am very proud of what I do and the way the facility looks when I am done for the day.
Pros
I work by myself at my own pace.
Cons
I sometimes feel unappreciated.
Fun Place to work
Sales and Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Fremont Ne and Omaha NESeptember 19, 2016
I really enjoyed working at the Fremont locations, The managers and other co-workers were very helpful and fun and you were always recognized for doing a great job, you won ducky bucks to buy things in their store, you were given money to shop in the warehouse at Christmas, you received gift cards for being top performer in the company, front row parking, excellent place to work.
Talent Acquisition
Talent Acquisition Specialist (Current Employee) –  Lavista, NEOctober 21, 2016
I love working at Oriental Trading it is a fun environment, everyone is friendly. Reviewing applications, setting up applicants for assessments, etc. Oriental Trading the people are fun to work with and it is a laid back environment.
Pros
Discount of there products, fun enviroment, nice managers.
Terrible Place to work
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  La Vista, NEJuly 15, 2016
Worked here for a little over a couple of months and they had me terminated due to a fellow employee disliking me. They came up with false pretenses as to why I was terminated and couldn't justify as to why i was terminated on any just grounds. DO NOT apply for this job.
I wouldn't do this again.
Packer (Former Employee) –  Lavista, NEAugust 14, 2016
I enjoyed being able to wear what i want to work,, but I didnt enjoy this job. They told me i was to slow and it was just dirty over all. The perks of having people to talk to was good though.
impossible bonus sales expectations
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEFebruary 1, 2016
Typical day of work involved taking orders from customers via a call center. With every order we were expected/required to make additional sales. While I was able to improve at this it still felt unnatural to "bully" someone into buying things they didn't call for.
This was by far the hardest part of the job.
The company culture was excellent. They would throw company parties/picnics once a month or so.
Pros
culture
Cons
forced sales
Good Place to Work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEFebruary 25, 2016
A typical day at work would be signing into the computer, bringing up the systems I needed to perform my job. The supervisors were very good to me and understanding. The people I worked with were very nice, became friends with some of the employees. The hardest part of the job is dealing with customers who are rude and upset and yelling, but I also learned that they were not mad at me, they were just mad about the situation.
Pros
Lunch Vendors
Cons
Mandatory time off when business slow
An interesting job where you got the opportunity interact with alot of different customers.
customer service representative (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEJanuary 7, 2016
Processed inbound phone orders, resolved any issues that a customer may have had with their order. Issued Merchandise Certificates or Misc. Merchandise Credits. Set up returns and reshipped items. Issued refunds. Misc. other duties as assigned. The hardest part about this position is trying to please the "unpleasable" customer. Most enjoyable aspect of this job is that I got the chance to work with a wide variety of people.
Pros
Discount on merchandise
Cons
Customer Service Reps didn't get paid what they are worth.
productive and fun work place
CALL CENTER AGENT (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEDecember 29, 2015
I really enjoyed working with all my co-workers and superviors. the supervisors were they good by exaplinig the tasks that needed to be done. the most enjoyable part of the job was talking to the customers. the work days were usually easy it was never hard unless you were taking calls back to back
Pros
long breaks
If you have warehouse experience look elsewhere.
Orderfiller (Former Employee) –  LaVista NEApril 8, 2014
It might just be the area I worked in, but leadership proved to be incompetent of the workplace and unwilling to solve problems. Simple issues persist for years, literally years because it's never a high enough priority to address. While normally this would only be a annoyance, due to their bonus system they count on offsetting their lower rate of pay, these issues will effect your income.

I should also like to make note of how they recognized their employees who routinely go above and beyond the normal call to make ends meet, or more accurately the lack there of. I'd taken on many tasks that required much self sacrifice and even hurting my own performance, and couldn't get so much as a "thank you" for my efforts.

I'll end by saying if you haven't any work experience you can do worse then OTC, but don't put much faith in their promise of promoting from within or how good their bonus system is. If management was only good at one thing it would be talking, but talking without action is meaningless.
Pros
Fair point system
Cons
Lazy management, never solves problems, outdated equipment
productive work place with fun and friendly atmosphere
CSA (Former Employee) –  Fremont, NEJuly 20, 2012
I loved working at Oriental Trading. Everybody there was a delite to work with and the management team was amazing, always trying to help you to ensure that you keep your job. There were some customers that were hard to deal with, but it was worth it. They were always doing activites with us and keeping us engagded with things to do.
Pros
flamingo fun days, special meal, co workers
Cons
angry customers, all your stats that you have to maintain
family friendly workplace
Design and print (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NESeptember 17, 2015
working in insurance company has made me learn about experience about how to meet deadline, check accurcate on all claims, and billing system. my co workers are friendly and help each other as a family. the hardest of the job would be very confusing claim if it s a red tape. red tape means rush, deep check to investagae this . i enjoy this job because it is interesting.
Pros
health insurance
Cons
breaks are short
Easy Job if you dont mind repetition
Telephone Sales Representative (TSR) (Former Employee) –  Fremont, NESeptember 4, 2015
The work itself is easy, and somewhat enjoyable. Inbound call center. Years ago there were more perks. They treated staff better, now its become a cookie cutter call center, where there are too many rules, and not enough rewards.
Pros
Easy work
Cons
Can be seasonal
Fabulous company with great benefits!
Artist (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEMarch 13, 2013
My experience with Oriental Trading was life changing. This was my second job out of college, and I was the second full time artist on staff. I drew all day long, from layouts of product pages for upcoming publications, on top of being able to design toys and product to be replicated overseas.
The work was intensive and very pleasurable. I always woke excited to start my job, meeting deadlines and proofing art pages from the separator. It was challenging to discover new ways to keep costs down and easier ways to produce our catalogs.
Pros
freedom to be creative and experiment artistically
Cons
worked 10 hours plus a day, 5-6 days a week.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at ORIENTAL TRADING. Our community is ready to answer.

ORIENTAL TRADING Reviews by Location