Original Roadhouse Grill Employee Reviews in United States

Welcome to the Family
Server/Bartender (Former Employee) –  Medford, ORJanuary 14, 2015
I love to work grand opening of restaurants. To come in fresh with everyone else for the first time, be trained specifically on the menu, and the bar, the excitement of something new. We did it all. I bartended, served, trained, sang...this place was home. I spent 7 years with this company and would jump at the chance to go back and work another 7 or so years, this restaurant had it all.
Pros
awesome management and co workers, fun fun fun
Cons
comute was over an hour....but it was worth it
Productive fun workplace with peanuts on the floor
Server/Hostess (Former Employee) –  Riverside, CADecember 5, 2014
Great, friendly environment. Great team to work with. Was fun talking to the regulars and gaining a relationship, while serving them food.
Productive and positive workplace
Hostess/Waitress (Former Employee) –  Temecula, CAJune 8, 2014
The Original Roadhouse Grill allowed me to understand what it meant for a company to grow and develop. The management team was very positive, and ran their business very effectively. I was expected to communicate with other team members, as well as customers.
Good learning environment
Kitchen manager (Former Employee) –  Victorville, CASeptember 18, 2013
Organized chaos on a daily basis. To many hours and not enough pay.
fast paste
Waitress (Former Employee) –  Bakersfield, CAAugust 22, 2013
fast paste environment, customers and co-workers were what made the job fun
Pros
customers
Cons
pay
Worst place to work, EVER!
Host (Former Employee) –  Bakersfield, CAJanuary 6, 2013
There was lots of drama, which I understand will be in any workplace but the fact that management didn't do anything about it was absolutely ridiculous. There was a lot of "favorites" being played there.
great place to work
Line cook/ prep (Former Employee) –  Santa Maria, CADecember 18, 2012
nice place to work. everyone I worked with was really nice and helpful.
Casual place where you're able to throw peanut shells on floor.
Server/Cocktail Waitress (Current Employee) –  Whittier, CAMay 4, 2012
A typical day cocktailing for Roadhouse, is being busy from the start of my shift, until the very last minute I clock off. The bar is our busiest section and i'm constantly being sat because the whole bar is open seating. I've gotten to know many regulars and I really enjoy it because I love being busy and I work well under pressure. This job has taught me superior customer service as well as having alot more patience, whether it's with people or just in general. My three years of working there we have gone through a lot of managers, which can be a pain sometimes, but I've gotten along with every one of them. Most of the co-workers have worked there 7 or more years and I've met some that have become some of my best friends. I would say the hardest part of my job is dealing with rude customers but all you have to really do is kill them with kindness. As a server you accept the fact that not everyone is going to enjoy the food and not everyone is going to be so nice about it. The most enjoyable part is satisfying my guests from the moment I introduce myself to when i'm thanking and inviting them back. Your meal can be great but if your server is rude or not personable, you'd probably rate your time 7 out of 10 points.
Pros
50% off meals, tips, coworkers
Cons
drunk/rude people, weekend shifts, no benefits