Since its family beginning in 1945, Origination, Inc has been a leading distributor of high-quality animal feed ingredients. Over the course of nearly seven decades, our business has grown and evolved. We have moved into several new product lines and expanded by purchasing additional facilities delivering to new distribution networks. We remain true to the ideals and business practices that shaped our business and which have sustained us through the decades. Origination provides research proven nutrient solutions to the feed, fertilizer and industrial markets.
Feed ingredient customers in the North Midwest have the opportunity to receive ingredients from a dedicated and certified Safe Food Safe Feed distribution facility for bulk and bagged product. Origination O2D, Inc. serves the North Midwest animal feed industry as a leader in mineral feed ingredient distribution from its company-owned facilities in Maplewood and Rosemount, MN. The company utilizes river, road and rail transportation economics to strategically locate bulk and bagged macro and micro feed ingredients.
Due to increased growth, dynamic materials markets and many exciting sourcing initiatives, we are currently seeking an experienced Purchasing Manager to work at our corporate headquarters located in Maplewood, MN reporting to the President and CEO as Director of Purchasing:
- Manage the purchasing process of goods and services for a each category group.
- Have team or lead responsibility for leveraging Origination’s indirect and direct category spend and carrying out quality strategic sourcing across defined global and/or regional categories. Experience in sourcing indirect and direct categories is required.
- Negotiate contracts to secure the highest quality goods and value based on market shifts, supply chain movement, and various product offerings; receive guidance on larger actions.
- Monitor compliance with contracts, facilitate meetings and discussions to resolve circumstances and contact other personnel when required.
- Act as a leader or member of a team identifying, targeting and delivering value through a broad, professional purchasing approach.
- Focus on utilizing a collaborative approach, developing relationships with various stakeholders, quickly developing credibility for the department and buy-in across business units.
- Develop and assist in developing and executing sourcing strategies.
- Work with cross functional teams to document business need and create subsequent business direction and strategy.
- Identify and drive cost saving initiatives.
- Manage negotiations with selected suppliers.
- Work with sourcing and cross functional teams to ensure best prices are negotiated to maximize business profitability and meet cost reduction and productivity improvement targets.
- Ensure sourcing strategy is developed, tracked and measured against key performance criteria.
- Approve purchase requisitions based on product needs, contract requirements, and volume and financial impact.
As the qualified candidate, you will have:
- A Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or equivalent education and experience. Master’s degree in Business Administration (MBA) is preferred.
- 8+ years relevant experience with increasing responsibility; 2+ years of supervisory experience.
- Experience managing and developing team talent.
- Demonstrated strong self-initiative, sense of urgency and customer relationship building skills.
- Excellent listening, verbal and written communication skills.
- A collaborative work style with a strong ability to build relationships, gain credibility and partner with internal customers and co-workers. Demonstrate a “hands-on” style and willingness to engage proactively with managers, directors and vice-presidents.
- Strong organizational and project management skills.
- Ability to present information ;prepare reports, rationale and recommendations clearly and concisely.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office 2007 (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint).
- Experience using ERP and CRM programs.
Origination offers a very competitive compensation program consisting of a base salary, bonus program, medical and dental coverage, life insurance coverage, dependent and health care reimbursement accounts and various retirement wealth accumulation programs. A corporate relocation package is offered for this role. Origination is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
To learn more about Origination, please visit our website at www.OriginationO2D.com.