ORIGINS COSMETICS Employee Reviews

See reviews about:
Quality products, environmentally friendly
Customer Service Associate/Beauty Advisor (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAOctober 12, 2015
A typical day at work would include opening the counter and preparing for the day. Customers are called for follow up, setting appointments, appointment reminders, and replenishment I then spend the remainder of my time working with clients, building relationships, demonstrating products, keeping counter area clean, and making the sale. Depending on shift, I close out the register and close down the counter.
I improved on my customer service skills, and Skills that improve upon my relationship[p building skills, important in building trust in clients, which causes them to return and thus increases sales.
The most enjoyable part of the job was working with my clientele and with a product I enjoy.
The hardest part was the inflexibility when it came to scheduling.
Pros
commission, Gratis, friendly work environment
Cons
Unstable-cut positions, not family friendly, inflexible, slow and small pay increase
I loved this job
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Lakewood, CAOctober 3, 2014
I loved working for origins cosmetics but they weren't willing to work with my school schedule at the time. They weren't willing to work with me or give me any extra hours unless it was beneficial to them. I liked my managers, they were very nice women and my co-workers were absolutely amazing. I loved those girls.
Pros
make up free samples
Cons
no health care
Wonderful job with great benefits
Key Holder (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLAugust 14, 2014
Working at Origins (an Estee Lauder company) is an honor and a pleasure. Helping others achieve what they are looking for with their skincare is very rewarding, and the people I work with are golden. However, I would not recommend the job to anyone who is a student. The job requires that you are available at all times, and that you go on mandatory meetings for the company with very short notice. Other than that, it is a phenomenal place to work in.
Pros
Free skincare, pleasant work environment, wonderful company.
Cons
Not for a student
Origins
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Fresno, CAJuly 18, 2014
Origins Cosmetics is part of the Estee Lauder Companies. I was a Store Manager. Our store exceeded company trend 4 years in a row with steady increases in performance from 6-11%. Being responsible for all aspects of the business was rewarding yet challenging at times. The company had an excellent product that I loved representing. The part I enjoyed most was helping people feel better about themselves and the beauty choices they made. Educating customers about the products features and benefits are a must. The more they know about what they will experience, the more they will be comfortable with the products they selected, build trust with you and return to you for future needs.
Pros
Benefits and loved the products.
Cons
Lack of Corporate support and training;
very goal oriented place to work but fun at the same time
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Houston texasDecember 12, 2012
A typical day at work will be SELL SELL SELL......however i learn how to deal with different types of customer and how to work hard.
Pros
free products
Cons
not enough hours
Great position to grow management skills.
Account Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Norhtern CaliforniaFebruary 23, 2012
I was promoted to this position from a Macy's counter manager. It was a fun, flexible, and challenging job. I was able to grow my management skill set and increase my productivity. I was able to work one on one with my managers and my co-workers and receive quick feedback on my performance which allowed me to improve.
Pros
worked in a differenet location every day.
Cons
low rate of pay for work done. work however, was enjoyable.