ORIGINS

ORIGINS United States Employee Reviews

Very good place to work
Key Holder (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZApril 21, 2015
Pros: Benefits
Cons: slow traffic
Extensive schooling and training on the product. Very generous with discount and gratis. Rapid advancement in my position.
I love what I do
Guide (Former Employee), Frisco, TXMarch 21, 2015
Pros: good management, great discount, classes
Cons: diff promo each week, a lot to remember
I love working here selling skincare to people and helping people find what helps them and making them feel welcomed and happy when they leave
Productive workplace.
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee), Oak Brook, ILMarch 4, 2015
I was able to interact with different people on a daily basis. While tending to different clients I was able to learn more about the products and the many benefits with their use.
poor senior management
Store Manager (Current Employee), New Jersey,NJFebruary 24, 2015
Pros: gratis
Cons: the environment would not be allowed in most corp settings
. Lots of turn over
. no effective communication
.discriminatory behaviors by employees
.senior management is heartless
.lack of support
.HR is a joke/ rules are made specific to certain stores
. theft
. Not able to be a salaried manager without being micro managed on a daily basis
must do all advertising for your store
Amazing product line
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Jacksonville, FLFebruary 13, 2015
Origins is one of my all time favorite skincare lines. The store was amazingly clean, staff was always well trained in product knowledge and the products legitimately did what they were intended to do.
Great Company
Sales Specialist (Former Employee), Snellville, GAJanuary 14, 2015
I had a blast working for Estee Lauder.I've been with te company for 8 years. I made lifelong friends, lasting relationships and I just can't say enough great things about this company.
Origins
Sales Associate/Beauty Adviser (Former Employee), Fort Worth, TXJanuary 12, 2015
Pros: loved my team
Cons: far drive
Display a positive attitude and a willingness to assist customer needs
Very strong team player
Excellent communication skills and integrity
Attended manager meetings to discuss sales and marketing strategies, improve quality, and generate additional
business
productive workplace
Fulltime Key Holder (Former Employee), Charlotte, NCNovember 3, 2014
Pros: great benefits
strong selling environment, high sales goals, great store management. lots of one on one contact with customers.
I really enjoy this job!
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Germantown, TNSeptember 11, 2014
I do enjoy working for Origins as a part time sales associate. When i come to work here it is a very relaxed environment with wonderful people. The management here is great in the store, corporate is a bit slow to respond however the store managers do assist in getting things done and taking on things at hand asap. Hardest part of this job is leaving it at the end of my shift, because we have so much fun!
Excellent customer service atmosphere
Store Manager (Former Employee), Dallas, TXAugust 8, 2014
Pros: very positive company
Cons: the hiring process needs updating
The customer comes first and the training on how to connect is outstanding. Days consisted of giving facials and pampering customers, coaching sales team on the floor, sales and creating business to increase traffic.
Fun Atmosphere but high expectations
Skin Care consultant- Providing clients (Current Employee), Bellevue, WAApril 19, 2014
Pros: flexiable scheduling
Cons: no training. managment changes too quickly
The traffic at Origins is wonderful. You get to meet new people and help them with their concerns due to their skin, by offering them mini-facials that the company teaches you. You learn alot about the skin care products as well as about your own concerns as well.

The hardest part of the job is keeping up with sales goals and a average dollar per sale (AUS) when the traffic would be slower.

Managment is great but no training at all. There was no training on the products, so your on your own to teach yourself the ingredients etc. Also, in my year of working, I have now had 3 store managers.
Fun Productive
Holiday promotional sales and makeup artist (Former Employee), Avenues MallMarch 13, 2014
Pros: products
Cons: temporary work
Love the philosophy behind product line. Able to perform skin care consults right in store so all can see process using recline chair
Productive and friendly enviorment.
Assistant Store Manager (Current Employee), San Diego, CAFebruary 5, 2014
Pros: flexible hours
Cons: insurance
Working here I have learned how to approach my team individually by watching how they work and communicate.
awesome
Lead Sales Manager (Former Employee), Santa Clara, CADecember 7, 2013
Pros: inside mall
Cons: bigger store
skin care diagnosing
learned that high performance is amazing
co workers and customer i miss the most
Fun atmosphere working retail for skin care.
Manager (Former Employee), Exton, PANovember 18, 2013
I learned a lot about sales and marketing. I wanted to move towards an office setting to enhance my skills.
Great Place To work
FT Keyholder, Skin Speciallist, Makeup Artist (Former Employee), Whitehall Township, PANovember 13, 2013
Pros: great company, and great teammembers
Cons: only that they took store out of mall
I enjoyed my job here very much.. was very upset when they took the store out of mall
Nature Based Skincare Retailer
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Nashua, NHOctober 17, 2013
Pros: nice free product allowance each quarter
Cons: retail hours and lower pay, plus the distance driven to and from work.
I enjoyed selling skincare here, and liked the interaction with customers and coworkers. I learned this nature based brand, and enjoyed selling it.
Nice enviroment
Business manager (Former Employee), Wichita, KSOctober 5, 2013
Pros: lots of gratis! free product
Cons: working on weekends and holidays
Very nice atmosphenre, Normal day in retail. Abig focus on customer relationships.Hated working in a department store. Hated retail ours. LOved my upper origins managers and directors
Great company to work for.
Key Holder (Former Employee), Manhattan Beach, CAJuly 13, 2013
Pros: the company is great
Cons: low pay raises
The company has a great work environment. The products are out of this world and you get gratis and a discount.
will squeeze you like a lemon to get every sale
Manager (Former Employee), South DakotaJune 30, 2013
Pros: great fringe benefits, retirement growth account, 401k matching, $5 in tuition reimbursement towards any degree, plenty of sick days, holidays, and paid bereavement and jury duty
Cons: poor pay for lower level employees, no flexibility during holiday, management is often changing, department stores favored
While it was good, it was great. Stores produced, workers were pretty care free and still doing a good job, and the benefits, especially tuition reimbursement and retirement growth account, were pretty nice. When it was bad, it was torture. They fired a bunch of corporate people, down to district managers, brought in new people, and proceeded to squeeze the pulp out of the workers. They reorganized and put people in positions that they didn't want, and it showed.

I had someone make inappropriate comments to me and I reported them and it became a I said they said case. Had OSHA violations and reported them and was ignored until a customer threatened to call the board.

they will often promote people due to sales, when those people have no business managing. Seeing them try to be in charge of others is painful.

Once you hit manager, difficult to promote to DM. There are freestanding stores and department stores, and they favor department store people. They often internally promote from other estee lauder brands just so they can bring in department store people, rather than promote retail store people.

the view of the performance is also often skewed. a store in BFE will get lauded for doing 200% to goal, when their goal was only $250k to start and there are no counters close to them or other outlets. Another store in a major area with a lot of competition will get rated as barely "acceptable" when they only make 5% over their goal, even though their goal might be 900k.

About ORIGINS

The company's Estée and Bobbi are counted among some of the closest friends to women worldwide. Estée Lauder sells cosmetics, – Read more