Orion Federal Credit Union Employee Reviews

Teller II
Teller (Current Employee) –  TennesseeApril 29, 2017
I would say it's a great place to start. The part time teller position has been eliminated so if you're like me who is not used to working fulltime it can suck. Days are long. Half days a good. You'd get off around 2 but that means you work Saturday. It can get bored at times so it's all about finding something to do to help the time pass. The tellers use Corelation which is extremely out of date. Coming from a much larger bank, it's extremely different. Everything is manual.
Adding checks is done manually. It's not just about scanning a deposit slip with all the checks and having a total come up on the screen. Again everything is manually. Learning about hold policies can be overwhelming since tellers are the ones who place the hold on a check. We also have to remember to manually apply a fee to things such as cashier's checks. Nothing is done automatically. Hour lunch, small cash amount in draw, tellers have to do ATM transactions which really surprised me and get an override from management wherever an ATM transaction has cash which is ridiculous. Unless you're a Teller III. Small company so I've met pretty much everyone in every department.
Pros
Some managers are nice, from what I hear the benefits are good, co workers want you to succeed
Cons
Loooong days (8:30- 5:15), no days off during the week, must be 40 hours, tedious and outdated technology, complete ATM deposits, the pay seems okay....
Ok place to work for.
Branch Manager II (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNMarch 23, 2017
Worked there for seven years. Had to be a go-getter because earning a bonus was competitive. Had the opportunity to work at several of the branches. According to demographics, that was the challenge for that particular branch to be successful.
Pros
Fun environment at times.
Cons
Operated more like a bank instead of a credit union.
fast paced easy to advance
bank teller/ financial service representative (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNNovember 18, 2016
Overall Orion is a great company to work for. If you are a quick learner and dedicated to working as a team you will have a productive day daily. I learned a lot as a teller about proficiency and accuracy. Management was always helpful however if we were shorthanded someone had to take the initiative to take charge and I was that go to person after a long day I made it my priority to make sure my coworkers were balanced and all closing procedures were handled. The hardest part of the job was when we had downtime and had to find something to keep us busy. I enjoyed going home knowing that I was able to make someone smile by explaining a product or service we offered and they actually signed up and it helped them to manage their account better.
Pros
Insurance, paid holidays off, working with good, understanding people
Cons
members that tried to tell you how to do your job, business hbusinessours so had to take off to take cafe of our
Good coworkers
Account Services Intern / Teller (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNMarch 28, 2016
OFCU has a great corporate culture which makes work more enjoyable. Management is flexible and willing to help. CEO is very nice and inviting.
Orion Federal Credit Union
Teller (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNDecember 11, 2015
A typical day can be long
Referrals are a thing
Management is fair, most of the time
The hardest part is turnover is high, it's very possible to be understaffed
Ok company to work for
Current Employee (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNMay 31, 2015
Executive staff not very friendly. No room for advancement unless they say so. Work a little unorganized and don't seem to want to change
Fun place to work!
Teller (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNNovember 24, 2014
Management welcomes your ideas and suggestions on how to better serve the membership. Very open minded to change and growth opportunities.
Good employer
Currently employed (Current Employee) –  Tn.October 20, 2014
This credit union has emerged as a leader in the Memphis area for financial services. The pay scales are good and compare with the local banks in the area. Management is solid and experienced. They are fair and provide the resources needed to be successful. This is not the place to work if you are lazy or looking to get paid for doing something next to nothing. Everyone pitches in like good teammates.
Pros
Good opportunity to advance and be recognized
Cons
Fewer job openings due to size or the organization
Terrible place to work-negative work environment.
Member Connect (Former Employee) –  MemphisOctober 10, 2014
Poor managers-they believe self praise is their recommendation.
Management does not motivate rather ridicules.
Management keeps tension and stress at high levels daily.
Management is lazy and busy printing out employees stats all day, they don't care about their members or good employees.
Constantly keeps employees on the edge by threatening to fire them.
Poor training in place; only cares about how many loans can they sell.
Poorly Managed
Anonymous (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNJune 26, 2014
Soul-crushing work environment and kindergarten level leadership decisions.
Awful Work Enviroment
Teller II (Former Employee) –  Memphis TnJanuary 22, 2014
Orion does not care about their employees only what loans you get. The management is awful! Nothing but gossip! Very highschool ish.. The pay is not good for what they except you to do. Orion has no set guidelines for how to handle day to day deposits or withdrawls always a "grey area" .
Fun work place
Teller Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNJune 11, 2013
Fun and exciting workplace the reason I left is because the company was closing. The pay wasn't great but the flying benefits as well as other benefits made up for the pay.
Pros
Great work enviroment
Cons
Heathcare
no career advancement, unorganized
Financial Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNMay 15, 2013
lots of potential, not enough resources

wish there was a place for educated (formal) individuals
Ofcu
Teller I (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNJanuary 7, 2013
Overall, it is a good company. They just don't pay enough for all the hard work you put in and don't want to give credit where it's due.
Very rewarding company to work for.
Branch Manager (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNSeptember 19, 2012
A typical work day would include managing a staff of twelve employees and overseeing the day to day production. I learned an overwhelming amount of information in relations to loan production and loan porfolios. The managment team was awesome! They were really concerned about the well-being of the team. The team members were easy to get aking with. The hardest part of the job was not being able to help everyone. The most enjoyable part of the job was bein able to help those I could.
Pros
excellent management
Cons
a little unorganized
Fun place to work
Teller (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNJuly 29, 2012
Co workers are nice. The best part about this company is building a relationship with the members. Nice incentives.