Orion Industries Employee Reviews in United States

Co workers are nice managment not so much
Production Control Clerk (Former Employee) –  Auburn, WAJuly 12, 2016
The people who work there are nice but the management is not so much.

Management doesn't seem to care about the mission or the employees as much as they did when I was hired.
Pros
The mission
Cons
management
its been to long
Machine Shop Operator (Former Employee) –  Federal Way, WAJuly 7, 2016
i really dont remember working there it was like 7 years ago now it was ok from what i rememebr pretty boring doing the exact same thing every day
Pros
boring
Cons
boring
aerospace
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Auburn, WAApril 8, 2016
A cool place to work but it is a training facility and you learn a variety of jobs, Grommet assembly, deburring, mechanical assembly and a few more. But with limited math skills you won't get far at Orion.
Pros
good people
Cons
training facility
Productive Workplace
Quality Assurance Specialist (Former Employee) –  Auburn, WAMarch 23, 2016
I have worked for Orion for close to 5 years, and can say that the company has taught me a lot of useful office skills in my time there. The most enjoyable part of the job was that there was always something new and interesting to do, nothing really ever got dull. Co-workers were friendly, which made it easy to smile daily.
Productive, versatile, comfortable
Multi-Service Specialist (Current Employee) –  Auburn, WAOctober 23, 2015
Great company with down to earth and friendly people. Professional and respectable environment. Acceptable expectations, good communications. Orion is a very fun place to be employed and they show appreciation for their employees. Always a celebration when it comes to providing excellent customer service.
Mechanical Engineer
Mechanical engineer CNC (Former Employee) –  Auburn, WASeptember 15, 2015
Load and run jobs on 3-axis Hurco CNC Mill
Understand tolerances based on blueprint specifications
Understand X, Y, and Z coordinate system
Upload and view programs
Set up tooling for all jobs
Complete jobs on a Bengal WaterJet based on specifications
Kiss cut, cut tabs, and laydown punched grommet blanks
Deburr using angle cutters, orbital sanders, and scotch-brite pads
they love to teach
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Federal Way, WAJune 14, 2015
great training program,saws,drill presses,cnc and much,much more,wonderful place to learn production skills.always a warm welcome.
My experiance at Orion
Aerospace Mech. Assembly (Former Employee) –  Auburn, WAMarch 10, 2015
When I first started I was working at a assembly table with a group of people for a month. It was a easy sit down job were you assemble the pieces together and send them to different areas of the department until they are shipped. It was fun and I enjoyed this part of the job. Then I was moved to a shipping and receiving area and I didn't like my experience I had difficulty staying on my feet for long hours as I shipped the parts and I explained them that I didn't want to work at that area but they did anyway so I had to tough it out for month before they sent me to another assembly working area. I enjoyed it but at the same time my co-workers didn't like I had to sit down as I work and that's when they have to let me go at the end of the month because I physically cannot meet there physical expectations. they told me if I can find a way to lose weight and gain so stamina they would hire me because I have good skills but I need to gain stamina.
Pros
paid training
Cons
short breaks
easy, everyones nice.
Assembler (Former Employee) –  Federal Way, WAAugust 19, 2014
i like how you work with a group of people and sometimes on your own.
Pros
working with others
Cons
short breaks
Orion Industries is a contract company
General Forman/Project Management (Current Employee) –  Owasso, OKAugust 3, 2014
As a contract company Orion offers good wages and medical benefits but no retirement or 401K.

My workday consisted of managing my work staff, estimating job cost for contract manpower, aid in the design Material of Change packages. redline P&ID's, Loop Drawings, review installation design and make sure commissioning and design met refinery standards.
Pros
job opportunities
Cons
no benifits
Great place to work, Amazing Crew
Mechanical Assembly Tech 2 (Current Employee) –  Federal Way, WAFebruary 21, 2014
Orion is probably one of the best companies I have had the pleasure of working for. The crew is great management is great. The environment at orion is friendly and helpful if ever you had a problem someone was always willing to help.
Excellent Company Mission and great management
Lvl 2 Hydraulic Assembly Technician (Current Employee) –  Federal Way, WAFebruary 6, 2014
Great company to work for. Orion, at heart, is a non profit organization that exists to rehabilitate people with barriers to employment by placing them into actual jobs where they are taught by staff mentors in numerous fields of work across many platforms. Orion is also a leading manufacturer in the aerospace industry, and is very well decorated with many prestigious awards.
Pros
it was an honor to be a part of the mentorship program that helps many to find employment
Working at Orion
Production Worker (Current Employee) –  Federal Way, WASeptember 24, 2013
Working with Orion as a program participate has been a great experience. The other staff are good at assisting if help is needed
Have to watch your back at all times
SHIPPING/RECEIVING CLERK (Former Employee) –  Federal WayApril 18, 2013
Was not a bad place to work until new manager took over and some new employees started. Some employees look to get ahead by saying bad things about employees so they can move ahead
Cons
management

Comment – December 31, 1969

Watch yourself at orion your production manger she's looking to get ahead and the guy who can't speak very good english those two will stab you in the back in a heart beat

interesting place to work
PRODUCTION WORKER (Former Employee) –  Federal Way, WAApril 1, 2013
for the most point its a good place to work but they need some assistance in relations with its employees
Pros
you get your hours holiday parties overtime
Cons
cant really go to doctor apts without them bikering
production worker
kiss cut (Former Employee) –  federal way WashingtonOctober 31, 2012
Great worker I enjoying working at Orion I leaning alot at Orion and they found me a job.
Pros
bring lunch
Cons
shorts breaks shorts lunch
challenging place to work
cnc operator/setup (Former Employee) –  WAMay 28, 2012
setup multiple cnc machines(3) for production runs and for clients to run in the morning for their training to qualify them to go to work in the job market Orion is a non profit organization to train mentally challenged and prison felons to re enter the job market teaching our trade
Pros
free lunches for retires, birthdays, anniversaries
Cons
stressfull inviroment do to the training requirements

2.8