Orion Marine Group Employee Reviews

Company had difficult time going through change with little support from senior management
Corporate Controller (Contract Position) (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXDecember 23, 2016
Senior management wanted a culture which they were not willing to support at the end of the day. Reduced costs and organizational efficiencies were expected, but key team members were not held accountable or required to function as a team or follow the rules established to reach strategic plans.
funwork place
Pile Driver/welder (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLMarch 1, 2015
there were not a lot of typical day at work we were working on a naval base so there was alot going on around us it was hard to stay foused. but it taught me to keep my mind on the task set before me after the first couple of days it was second nature. management was good they all knew you and took time if you had a problem to listen and help you out with the problem. my coworkers were some of the best guys i worked with people i can call my friends there was no hate or bad blood between any of us now i am sure we made each other mad got upset at one another but face it you spend more time with the guys at work than your own family.the job was not hard it had its moments were it would make you wonder why am i out here but i remind myself when it gets hard that i have my wife and my three kids at home depending on me to work and that is the most enjoyable part of my job is that i am working supporting my family
Pros
payed holidays an vac and could sell vac time if you didn't want to use it
Cons
not a whole lot of overtime
Dive department
Diver/Tender (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLFebruary 4, 2015
The on site supervisors for the dive crews are excellent. So long as you are on a job there is no problem. The management at the headquarters however leaves room for improvement. If you are not on a job you can expect to have work of little importance on a daily basis, a graded down pay scale, and a hostile to semi-hostile work environment.
Pros
On job, good company
Cons
Lulls between jobs are awful
Productive, tried to be fun
A/P Specialist (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 17, 2014
tended to treat employees well. decent benefits. great break room w/ great ice machine and flavored coffee!
only thing negative is the office politics and people taking things to personal - leave your personal stuff at home!
Pros
coffee room, decent people, steady work pace
Cons
Management decisions based on personal feelings
Support company or seek self improvement
Marine construction helper (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXDecember 7, 2012
Spend long hours completing task to ensure quality, willing to work with and learn new ideas to make improvements. Enjoys working with a crew or individually, to accomplishment all missions.
Pros
wants to improve quality of life
Cons
enjoy working long hours
Meet and worked with a nice group of people
Payroll Specialist (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 23, 2012
Payroll Department was a great place to work. Monday - Wednesday were hectic days. It was a challenge to get payroll on time. Work hours were good.
Pros
new friends
benefits

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Orion Marine Group. Our community is ready to answer.

2.7