Orion Real Estate Services Employee Reviews

Enjoyed my job
Assistant Property Manager (Former Employee) –  Saraland, ALJune 11, 2015
I enjoy working in a fast paced environment and that is exactly what you get working in an apartment community. I learned a lot as far as business management, accounting, leasing, and customer service. I loved the people I worked with, most of whom I still keep in touch with. The hardest part of the job was enforcing the rules at times, and the easiest was definitely leasing to that first time excited renter! I enjoyed my job, though at times very stressful.
Pros
Good pay, benefits, and commission
Cons
Very stressful at times
Enjoyable company to work for
Supportive Service Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 19, 2014
Orion Real Estate is a professional company with great people to work for. I have learned the management side of apartment leasing. Working with a new accounting software was a plus. The co-workers were pleasant to work with and the events we did for the tenants were
great.
Pros
health benefits and 401k option
It used to be a good place to work
Porter (Current Employee) –  Arlington, TXNovember 8, 2012
I came from the management company that had sold the property to Orion . I was asked to stay because they saw potential in me and wanted to assist in improving that potential. I was made promises of giving me the opportunity to advance in my field however those promises are yet to be granted. I am expected to do work that I am not getting paid to do and when I inquire about why I am not getting paid for the work, they make it seem as though it is in my job description. I am being told to do work that no one else wants to do in which I am not qualified. I have asked on numerous occasions to be given the opportunity to show my worth but instead I am given excuses. Since I have been with this company, we are on our 2nd Office Manager and 3rd Lead. That should say it all. Unfortunately there is no organization and when I try to share my thoughts they don't matter until after the fact. I feel as though I am at a dead end and need to move on. There is no team work and if necessary co-workers throw each other under the bus.
Pros
independence
Cons
broken promises on advancement, no team work, deception
Productive and fun place to work
Leasing Consultant/Compliance Officer (Former Employee) –  Austin, Tx.September 17, 2012
As a Leasing Consultant I got to meet a lot of people and help them find a new apartment at Spring Valley. I learned how get residents to do the renewal paperwork in in a timely manner. The management company treated their employers far, We had great team. The only put of my job that was hard was to call the prospect and let them know why they have been denied. Working with a team.
Pros
bonus at christmas
Cons
when another company taken over no job security.
Productive, on-going training available to all employees, my staff was great to work with.
Manager (Current Employee) –  Denton, TexasAugust 5, 2015
Negative aspects of my job-corporate compliance department in regards to approving affordable housing applicants.
Pros
Great people to work with
Cons
Compliance department
Rewarded well for opportunities
Regional Vice President (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXMarch 19, 2014
One is considered a valuable asset at Orion Real Estate Services. If you work hard you will be well compensated. Management is loyal and understanding.
Pros
company promotes from within for well-deserved individuals
Cons
n/a
Do not like working with this company and too far from my home.
Leasing Consultant (Current Employee) –  Lawrenceville, GA 30046February 23, 2015
Since transition no training on the company procedures have taken place. Vendors have not been paid so vacant apartments are not worked in causing lost leases and delayed move ins. Overall, the people I work with are great. We work well together. I like my coworkers and enjoy meeting the people that walk through our doors.
Pros
meeting new people; co workers
Cons
unable to move in new residents on a timely basis due to readiness of aparrments
it was a great learning experience
asst. mgr (Former Employee) –  conroe txMay 12, 2015
I learned how to deal with angry residents how to resolve issues among residents.

I am a team player I loved my co workers
the best part of my job was marketing meeting new people
Orion
Assistant Property Manager (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 29, 2015
Working for Orion, was a excellent experience,it allowed me to broaden my work experience. I enjoyed working for Orion.
Legacy Point Townhomes was a very exciting and challenging property to work in.
Leasing Consultant (Current Employee) –  Arlington, TXJune 19, 2013
The daily challenges i faced at this property were at a level that taught me many skills i feel i can use throughout any situation given in a place of employment. I enjoyed all experiences obtained and greatly appreciate that staff i was given to work aside. If ever the opportunity i would love to work with all of them again.
Great Company. Great People!
Assistant Manager of Operations/Compliance (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJanuary 29, 2013
I have learned a lot here with this company. The leadership is great and the take over we have been performing has been successful! We had alot on our plate but we have turned this property into the potential that it had; I am proud to say that I was a part of it!
Not professional at all
Property Supervisor/Manager (Former Employee) –  Baytown, TXDecember 4, 2012
I am very disappointed in the way I was treated after being such a loyal employee.
Family orientated
Unit Inspector (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 19, 2013
This company is very family orientated and always take notice of hard work .

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Orion Real Estate Services. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9