Orkin

Orkin Employee Reviews

demanding work place
Customer Relations Manager (Former Employee), Norfolk, VAJuly 31, 2015
High paced with my opinion (only) with poor management. My co-workers were awesome and I miss them! The hardest part was month end.
Helping customers solve problems
Customer Service Representative/Sales (Current Employee), Covington, GAJuly 28, 2015
Fun work place with supportive management. Not all about the numbers but how you personally grow and develop. Decent amount of red tape and politics.
Large corporation
Pacific Commercial Collections Specialist (Former Employee), Riverside, CAJuly 27, 2015
Pros: Working in a fast pace enviroment and with a team
Cons: No company loyalty by management
Call center with extremely high call volume. Had to take over 80 incoming calls, while still responsible for making outbound collection calls daily. This company is very numbers orientated. Little to no regard for staff morale. Poor management at all levels. Enjoyed working with a team to boost numbers and build each other up to meet goals.
Challenging but up beat position
TERMITE SALES INSPECTOR (Former Employee), lawrenceville, GAJuly 26, 2015
Pros: I enjoyed the challenge of getting the sale
Cons: Crawling in crawl spaces to complete inspections.
My day would start off with touching basis with my sales manager then I would verify my sales calls and annual inspections set by cold calling appointments from the previous days. Orkin really believed in keeping up with latest trends and the latest techniques in pest control. As a helpful and competitive person myself it was nice to have co- workers were much alike.
a lot of work
pest control technican (Current Employee), omaha, neJuly 17, 2015
at orkin there is a lot of paperwork and a lot of other work involved with the job. You have to work long hours and the base pay is not good.
Orkin is respected as the leader in the pest control industry.
Branch Manager (Former Employee), Memphis,TNJuly 13, 2015
Pros: Above average compensation for the industry
Cons: Very little loyalty to people
As a company, Orkin is a great company with good benefits and above average compensation. The pest control industry is challenging and the expectations at Orkin make it even more challenging than other Pest Control Companies. Overall,I feel Orkin is a good place to work if you enjoy working for a large company in a corporate environment. It is certainly a "what have you done for me lately" mentality – more... where loyalty and successes are forgotten and replaced with a snapshot of the present.
As with any corporate environment, it usually isn't about the company, it's the local branch manager and region management you work directly for. I would recommend Orkin highly to anyone pursuing a career in pest control but, would utilize an observation day in the field with an employee in a similar capacity. By doing this, you can determine the culture of the local branch and the region team for your area. – less
Sales Service Technician
Route Manager & Sales Inspector (Former Employee), Colorado Springs, COJuly 13, 2015
Pros: Excellent benefits, Good Pay, and a great experience.
Cons: Long hours and not a lot of room to move up in the company unless you are willing to relocate.
I worked for this company for almost 10 years and didn't have a whole lot to complain about. Long hours but pretty good pay to back it up if you have the drive. I was well trained by this company and hands down the best program within a company I have ever experienced to learn from. Management is not too bad and tend to back you on everything you do. The co-workers I had were awesome. The hardest part of the job was the long hours. I must say overall it was a good experience while it lasted. I just became burnt out and it was time to move on.
Run of the Mill Large Company
Pest Specialist/Service Tech (Former Employee), Erlanger, KYJuly 1, 2015
Unreal expectations...set you up for failure, only partial training you figure out the rest as you go. Micro managing your work day, no lunch break, you cannot text and drive or talk and drive but you can eat and drive.
Perfect for the independent worker
Pest Control Route Manager (Former Employee), Scott, LAJuly 1, 2015
As with all commission work, you get out what you put in. You have a great amount of control in your schedule, as long as the work gets done.
Very disappointing.
Pest control route manager (Former Employee), hallandale FL.June 30, 2015
Pros: 401K.
Cons: No time for your personal life.
The worst company i have ever worked for. You get a set salary they will require for you to work every Saturday. You had to make calls on your personal time after work hours, to schedule your next day appointments. You will come to work at 7:00 am and get home by 7:00 pm then call clients, get your paper work organized, all this from your home. You had to collect money from clients, and all this while – more... performing your regular work functions of pest control.
You will ask for vacation time or a day off and the manager will file it away. You had no option if your manager will decline your vacation dates, and you may had no day off when you required it. If you get sick forget about it, all your clients for that day will add up, because this company does not hire part time workers, so it has no extra help to get the clients that you missed serviced. In a day you may have up to 15 stops, and it will take at least 20 to 30 minutes or more to get the job done in one house.
Problem getting your supplies from the manager.
They have a once a week meeting to discuss sales and how bad the company is performing for about 2 hours in the mean time yours schedule appointments are piling up.
When you add up the hours per week you put in of work versus the pay check, your get shorthanded. – less
A good place to work for single person whithout family
PC Route Manager (Current Employee), Kissimmee, FLJune 30, 2015
Pros: you make your own schedule
Cons: long hrs, crazy schedule
Orkin its a good place to work for a single person or a family without kids. The schedules are crazy longer hrs. and you have a entrance time but you don't have a exit time.
CYA AT ALL TIMES
PC TECH (Current Employee), NCJune 25, 2015
Pros: Maybe the benefits???
Cons: NO TRUST
Overall this company has too many layers. It is very difficult to move up within the company without sucking up to upper management. Service managers as well as branch managers do not want you to meet upper management in fear you may embarrass them or bring to their attention some of the issues that you or other techs are experiencing. Trust is a main issue with this company. Training is good if you are a quick learner. Co workers are great until they become managers. When they become managers the whole morale and personality changes along with it.
Productive, Committed, and Efficient
Termite Sales Inspector (Former Employee), Kankakee, ILJune 7, 2015
Pros: Work Independently; establish rapport with businesses and customers
Cons: Commission based enviornment
I called customers to schedule appointments for house inspection or services. I learned sales and customer service, how to mix chemicals and to apply them when needed. Were very helpful and respectful most of the time. Inability to reach sales quotas set by the company standards every month. It was being able to meet new people in different areas.
Great Team
Commercial Account Manager (Former Employee), Fayetteville, NCJune 3, 2015
Pros: Great training...
Cons: No support
Arrive in the office at 8:30 am. Check my email for new leads and emails from customers or corporate. I will follow up with customers from last week that i proposed new business. I then leave the office around 10:00 am to start my cold calling for new business.
Productive to work
PEST CONTROL TECHNICIAN (Current Employee), Miami, FloridaJune 2, 2015
Pros: flexibility
Cons: Healthcare, salary
Orkin has enabled me to meet a lot of people who I have come to care for while taking care of their pest control needs. I think that's the most enjoyable part of the job - putting a smile on my customers' face as I get the job done to their satisfaction.The hardest part is having to be in contact with a lot of chemicals. My coworkers are easy to get along with which provides a level of comfort. Management conducts weekly meetings to keep us up to date and they're always on hand to see to our needs. I have learnt how to manage my time - therefore increasing flexibility, how to deal with different personalities, patience, willingness and kindness.
ok but not great place to work for
Service Manager and Designated Certified Operator (Former Employee), Moultrie, GAJune 1, 2015
franchise offered no benefits and expected crazy hours and always on call.
Great team to work with and the have great customers.
n./a
Accounts Receivable Specialist/Collector (Former Employee), Riverside, CAMay 21, 2015
It's a lot of work and little bit of money they want you to be everything instead of just your title. They need to be more organized and give people more time to learn.
Not a good fit me for
Customer Service/Admin (Temporary assignment) (Former Employee), winston Salem, NCMay 21, 2015
Pros: Very friendly co-worker
Cons: job was not as described
I was told by the recruiter that this was a Accounts payable and accounts receivables position. But all I did was customer service and administrative duties. Was not happy doing this job
ability to work independent
Sales Inspector (Former Employee), Terre Haute, INMay 14, 2015
Pros: company truck
Cons: long days working in extreme temperatures
Crawling under houses, in attics, Traveling over half the state. Was able to learn how to overcome problems during your day.
Great Pay
Sale Representative (Former Employee), Covington, GAMay 12, 2015
Cons: no healthcare benefits offered
I enjoyed working for this company, but the hardest part was the consumer acute situations and needs for the service. Co workers were very nice too work with.
Industry