Orkin

Orkin Employer Reviews

busy day
Pest control technician (Former Employee), Hingham, MAJuly 18, 2014
long days hard work great pay and benefits some days are longer than most constant training
ok
Service Rep (Former Employee), Winston-Salem, NCJuly 15, 2014
ok not what I wanted to do crawl around under peoples houses for a living
room to learn
Pest control technician (Former Employee), everett, waJuly 13, 2014
day starts 7:30am and usually gets over around 7pm.
learned about various types of insects and how to deal with them.
manaement needs growth-didnt take care of their people.
co-workers were great.
hardest part of the job was getting all the equipment organized because upper management didnt come through.
enjoyable part of work was going home.
customer service - helping people
Customer Service (Current Employee), Covington, GAJuly 13, 2014
Pros: talking to people
Cons: not being able to do more for our customers, the job does have limitations
customer service can be a very rewarding job as helping customers troubleshoot and fix/repair their current problems. The hardest part of the job is telling people that their problems may be fixed overnight.
Good interaction with people based job
Termite Tech Supervisor/Termite Technician (Current Employee), VAJuly 4, 2014
Pros: customers and vehicles provided
Cons: limited help and lack of balance of work life
The work place cannot function without working as a team Orkin believes in this strongly. The company provides good knowledge the managers are quick to respond to any issues at hand. Its amazing to go to a customers house presented with an issue and solve that problem ( the most rewarding feeling working there) What can be intimidating are the crawl – more... spaces but you get used to them. – less
Was not the job I thought it was going to be. Also, I became allergic to the products I used.
Sales (Former Employee), Peoria, IllinoisJuly 3, 2014
Pros: freedom to set own appointments
Cons: idle promises
I would go to the homes of many people with pest problems. I learned patience with people. My management was very degrading. My coworkers were great people. The hardest part of the job was support from my company who set impossible goals that could not be reached. The most enjoyable part of the job was client interaction
great way to learn about insects
Route Manager -Lawn Care Technician (Former Employee), Miami, FLJune 29, 2014
Pros: learn about insects
I enjoyed working there because it gave the knowledge to learn about insects that surround us every day and how to get rid of them. Its very interesting in learning how they function and Orkin Pest Control gave me that knowledge.
good customer service start
Sales (Former Employee), Jacksonville, FLJune 12, 2014
Pros: company truck
Cons: limited pay and no help
Prepare paperwork for route for the day. How to mix chemicals properly. Diagnosing of pest problem and proper treatment.
How to properly mix and treat homes and business.
Management at the time was very limited.
Co workers at the time were not into helping each other out.
Hardest part of the job was retaining customers when prices were raised and there – more... was no negotiation.
Really liked working with clients and building relationships. – less
Sales very sporatic
Territory Sales Manager (Former Employee), Lubbock, TXJune 11, 2014
Pros: great management in beginning, work atmosphere was good, benefits were decent, good working environment
Cons: lack of communication, sales are not distributed properly, corporate first and employee second
Orkin started out to be a great place to work. Had great branch management and sales territories were set in place. After 2 years, the sales boundaries were "blurred" and I did not get paid what I sold. Orkin corporate office decided to franchise this branch out and neglected to tell any of the employees. We all knew what was coming. I resigned once – more... these rumors came to fruition. Now that branch has been closed. – less
A learning experience!
Commercial Account Manager (Former Employee), Brecksville, OhioJune 10, 2014
Pros: freedom of travel
Cons: high pressure to set appointments
A typical day at work consisted of setting up appointments, cold calling and doing pest inspections. I learned more about pest control than I ever thought there was to learn.

The management was very supportive and encouraging. My co-workers were team players and are still friends today. This was a very professional organization to work for.

Hardest – more... part of the job is convincing people of the importance of proper and safe pest control. Also, doing pest inspections can have its moments. Never had a job where I was concerned with being dive bombed by a bat.

The most enjoyable part of this job was the ability to solve issues and provide solutions to people in need. – less
Great management
Pest Control Technician (Current Employee), Collinsville, ILJune 7, 2014
Great Staff
Company Truck
8am-5pm job
Benefits
Outside and Inside services
Cons: not many holidays or sick time
Great company to work for, would work there again. Job was very demanding, not much down time so made time go by fast.
ok
Route Manager/Technician (Current Employee), Southfield, MIJune 2, 2014
Many hours are expected which equates to a poor work/life balance. Pay is decent. grunt work really

driving all day from stop to stop doing pest control. expected to crank out production more and more everyday and every month. Not much interaction with people especially co-workers.

-too much pointless training
-decent management, micromanaging rampant – more... if you mention any issue or potential issue
-hardest- no sense of celebration, no community, strictly performance which you a barely recognized for. genocide all day

-most enjoyable- mostly being your own boss

overall its a good company that expects too much out of employees but also provides a decent commission structure but hard to get days off because so much is expected on a daily.

if you are a grinder and care little about people interaction, will work pretty well for you

3 things valued here
1. speed
2. thoroughness
3. intrinsic motivation – less
Been years ago
servcie tech (Former Employee), Independence, MOMay 30, 2014
Pros: work experience
Cons: management turnover
outdated tech.
worked with good people
meeting new customers
Mediocore
Sales Manager/Marketing (Former Employee), Fayetteville, NCMay 29, 2014
Ok place to work. Techs have too many responsibilities to handle at one time could be overwelming.
Great boss and Great work place
Account Manager (Former Employee), Orlando, FLMay 24, 2014
it was an awesome experience for me to be apart of a Company like Orkin.
good job
Route manager (Former Employee), Baltimore, MDMay 8, 2014
learning about pest and how to treat them is fun but it demand a lot of time from your life
A company with good values and integrity to itself and employees
Route Manager (Former Employee), Panama City, FLMay 7, 2014
Pros: job security
Cons: advancement and pay needs work
I would work for this company anytime. Although advancement takes ALOT of work and pay could be a little higher for field jobs, Orkin still is a good company to work for. Pest control will always be needed (job security). Alot of work most days but not to hard. You have to determine whats right for you as it pertains to hard work.

1 2 3 4 5

About Orkin

When Orkin calls, bugs go belly up. A subsidiary of Rollins, Orkin and its sister companies provide insect, rodent, and termite – Read more