Orkin

Orkin Employee Reviews

Productive to work
PEST CONTROL TECHNICIAN (Current Employee), Miami, FloridaJune 2, 2015
Pros: flexibility
Cons: Healthcare, salary
Orkin has enabled me to meet a lot of people who I have come to care for while taking care of their pest control needs. I think that's the most enjoyable part of the job - putting a smile on my customers' face as I get the job done to their satisfaction.The hardest part is having to be in contact with a lot of chemicals. My coworkers are easy to get along with which provides a level of comfort. Management conducts weekly meetings to keep us up to date and they're always on hand to see to our needs. I have learnt how to manage my time - therefore increasing flexibility, how to deal with different personalities, patience, willingness and kindness.
ok but not great place to work for
Service Manager and Designated Certified Operator (Former Employee), Moultrie, GAJune 1, 2015
franchise offered no benefits and expected crazy hours and always on call.
Great team to work with and the have great customers.
n./a
Accounts Receivable Specialist/Collector (Former Employee), Riverside, CAMay 21, 2015
It's a lot of work and little bit of money they want you to be everything instead of just your title. They need to be more organized and give people more time to learn.
Not a good fit me for
Customer Service/Admin (Temporary assignment) (Former Employee), winston Salem, NCMay 21, 2015
Pros: Very friendly co-worker
Cons: job was not as described
I was told by the recruiter that this was a Accounts payable and accounts receivables position. But all I did was customer service and administrative duties. Was not happy doing this job
ability to work independent
Sales Inspector (Former Employee), Terre Haute, INMay 14, 2015
Pros: company truck
Cons: long days working in extreme temperatures
Crawling under houses, in attics, Traveling over half the state. Was able to learn how to overcome problems during your day.
Great Pay
Sale Representative (Former Employee), Covington, GAMay 12, 2015
Cons: no healthcare benefits offered
I enjoyed working for this company, but the hardest part was the consumer acute situations and needs for the service. Co workers were very nice too work with.
Pest Control
Route Manager (Former Employee), Fort Worth, TXMay 5, 2015
Pros: Take Home Company Truck
Cons: Low Pay
Unrealistic expectations to to proper service.
Cheated custo.mers on a regular bases. Poor pest control service that did not solve customer issues
Always busy
Route Manager (Former Employee), Naperville, ILMay 4, 2015
Pros: Plenty of work
Cons: Long hours with much demand.
Never a dull moment. Very active day with many duties to perform on a regular basis. Many job skills are required such as communication, customer service, applications, reviews, and route management.
has it's up's and down;s
Pest Control Technician (Current Employee), Collinsville, ILApril 26, 2015
pros- being out on your own, enjoying beautiful days. dealing with customers.

cons- rain, snow. reduced pay during winter months. early mornings, late nights in the summer. dealing with customers.
Among the lower tier of pest control companies.
Pest Control Technician (Current Employee), Conyers, GAApril 12, 2015
The company has a good vision but the individual branch is lacking in professionalism. No apparent concern for customers internal or external.
A good place to work
Residential Sales Representative (Former Employee), Leesburg, FLApril 12, 2015
Pros: Meeting new people
Cons: Very tough business
Okin is a fine business - my job was to sell our service to residential customers.

I enjoyed meeting new people, however, I felt that my services could be better used in another field of work. My background is in manufacturing and sales - I also was in need of benefits.
Great place to work, experienced many different job situations.
Route Manager (Former Employee), Columbia Mo.April 9, 2015
Pros: Different situation everyday, great hours, travel, and great coworkers
Cons: Management to eager to please customers
Everyday was different no job was the same. The co workers were great I learned so much in a short time. The weakest part of the job was the management staff. They were great people, friendly, knowledgable, but too eager to please everyone.
Great Management and Employee circles
Inbound Specialist (Former Employee), Covington, GAApril 6, 2015
Pros: Friendly and outgoing crew, and company integrity
Cons: Seasonal work
The day started with achievement ceremonies for following day,applause and awards being passed out,fiery speeches by management and sales reps,that boosted moral,and lifted energy of employees,then off to a large call center eagerly retrieving inbound calls,for pest service inquiries. Here I believe I was trained using the best techniques,in engaging customers,using soft sales skills,showing empathy,and building rapport. Asking open ended,and closed ended questions,that really effected my sales closing progression,the hardest part of the job,was down time,or when calls were slow,because you worried about reaching goals and quotas,however my co-workers and supervisors,sharpened me in sales rep huddles,and sessions for encouragement. The most enjoyable part of the job,was reviewing such a lucrative sales commission report,and company gatherings and fun days.
Job was great, but management was horrible
Residential pest control technician (Former Employee), Pensacola, FLApril 2, 2015
Pros: take home vehicle
Cons: horrible bosses
I liked the job, but the management team was VERY shady. I worked there twice. I would go back there if the management team changed.
easy place to
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee), Covington, GAApril 1, 2015
Pros: easy job
Cons: short breaks
24hr call center. no flexable hours.no advancement. ......vvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvv
Great Place
Termite Control Inspector and Sales (Former Employee), Denver CoApril 1, 2015
I worked fro orkin for ten years age 20-30. I got fired for policy violation. I would go back if I could. My last year with orkin I made over 58,000
Loved it!
Sales Representative/Manager (Former Employee), Oxford, ALMarch 29, 2015
I enjoyed my time working for this company. My co workers were very supportive and there was a great team spirit in the workplace and I felt that this was an overall positive experience in my business life.
Great to place to work.
Route Manager (Former Employee), San Fernando, CAMarch 26, 2015
Orkin is the leader in pest control. Great work/life balance. Route manager is one of the only jobs where you can make your own hours.
People, offfice staff
Route Manager (Former Employee), ChampaignMarch 25, 2015
Pros: good work, flexibility
Cons: no breaks some days, insurance
Long but interesting. Different situations at every customer location. Traveling different towns cities, nice people, helping with infestations and other problems.
Ok place to work. Could be better and worse.
PC tech (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAMarch 25, 2015
Not the best nor worse place to be employed. Many things could be improved to make for a more productive work place. I didn't stay, so that speaks volumes.

1 2 3 4 5

About Orkin

When Orkin calls, bugs go belly up. A subsidiary of Rollins, Orkin and its sister companies provide insect, rodent, and termite – Read more

Orkin Salaries