Orkin

Orkin United States Employee Reviews

has it's up's and down;s
Pest Control Technician (Current Employee), Collinsville, ILApril 26, 2015
pros- being out on your own, enjoying beautiful days. dealing with customers.

cons- rain, snow. reduced pay during winter months. early mornings, late nights in the summer. dealing with customers.
Among the lower tier of pest control companies.
Pest Control Technician (Current Employee), Conyers, GAApril 12, 2015
The company has a good vision but the individual branch is lacking in professionalism. No apparent concern for customers internal or external.
A good place to work
Residential Sales Representative (Former Employee), Leesburg, FLApril 12, 2015
Pros: Meeting new people
Cons: Very tough business
Okin is a fine business - my job was to sell our service to residential customers.

I enjoyed meeting new people, however, I felt that my services could be better used in another field of work. My background is in manufacturing and sales - I also was in need of benefits.
Great place to work, experienced many different job situations.
Route Manager (Former Employee), Columbia Mo.April 9, 2015
Pros: Different situation everyday, great hours, travel, and great coworkers
Cons: Management to eager to please customers
Everyday was different no job was the same. The co workers were great I learned so much in a short time. The weakest part of the job was the management staff. They were great people, friendly, knowledgable, but too eager to please everyone.
Great Management and Employee circles
Inbound Specialist (Former Employee), Covington, GAApril 6, 2015
Pros: Friendly and outgoing crew, and company integrity
Cons: Seasonal work
The day started with achievement ceremonies for following day,applause and awards being passed out,fiery speeches by management and sales reps,that boosted moral,and lifted energy of employees,then off to a large call center eagerly retrieving inbound calls,for pest service inquiries. Here I believe I was trained using the best techniques,in engaging customers,using soft sales skills,showing empathy,and building rapport. Asking open ended,and closed ended questions,that really effected my sales closing progression,the hardest part of the job,was down time,or when calls were slow,because you worried about reaching goals and quotas,however my co-workers and supervisors,sharpened me in sales rep huddles,and sessions for encouragement. The most enjoyable part of the job,was reviewing such a lucrative sales commission report,and company gatherings and fun days.
Job was great, but management was horrible
Residential pest control technician (Former Employee), Pensacola, FLApril 2, 2015
Pros: take home vehicle
Cons: horrible bosses
I liked the job, but the management team was VERY shady. I worked there twice. I would go back there if the management team changed.
easy place to
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee), Covington, GAApril 1, 2015
Pros: easy job
Cons: short breaks
24hr call center. no flexable hours.no advancement. ......vvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvv
Great Place
Termite Control Inspector and Sales (Former Employee), Denver CoApril 1, 2015
I worked fro orkin for ten years age 20-30. I got fired for policy violation. I would go back if I could. My last year with orkin I made over 58,000
Loved it!
Sales Representative/Manager (Former Employee), Oxford, ALMarch 29, 2015
I enjoyed my time working for this company. My co workers were very supportive and there was a great team spirit in the workplace and I felt that this was an overall positive experience in my business life.
Great to place to work.
Route Manager (Former Employee), San Fernando, CAMarch 26, 2015
Orkin is the leader in pest control. Great work/life balance. Route manager is one of the only jobs where you can make your own hours.
People, offfice staff
Route Manager (Former Employee), ChampaignMarch 25, 2015
Pros: good work, flexibility
Cons: no breaks some days, insurance
Long but interesting. Different situations at every customer location. Traveling different towns cities, nice people, helping with infestations and other problems.
Ok place to work. Could be better and worse.
PC tech (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAMarch 25, 2015
Not the best nor worse place to be employed. Many things could be improved to make for a more productive work place. I didn't stay, so that speaks volumes.
Fun work experience
Route Technician (Former Employee), Saginaw MIMarch 22, 2015
Pros: you are on your own
Cons: scheduling conflict with time
Great for people to be out on their own and meet new people. Its the same job but not borrowing. Keep you on your toes, and very time you go to client home its a different problems with different solutions.
Fun working place
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Fredericksburg, VaMarch 22, 2015
Pros: great hours
Cons: manager was verbally abusive
In a typical day at work for Orkin I would take care of the tech's payroll, schedule service for the customers and schedule extra service for the customers on a as needed basis. Entered payments into the computer, ran end of month reports ordered supplies and entered service after service was completed by all tech's into the computers
productive
Pest Control Technician (Former Employee), Chatsworth CaMarch 21, 2015
Good company to work at theres a lot of work and experience and a lot to do in this company, management was good and the support was fenominal.
Stuck in a closet
Office Assistant (Former Employee), Birmingham, ALMarch 19, 2015
Pros: great employees
Cons: no team moral
Although I learned various administrative skills that I have carried with me since I left, the majority of my shift was stuck in a file closet. There were 20+ boxes of files that had to be sorted and stored alphabetticaly. I enjoyed not having someone standing over my shoulder at all times, but who wants to be in a closet 6 out of 8 hours a shift?
Profitable Company with great earning potential
Sales Representative (Current Employee), Covington, GAMarch 18, 2015
Orkin is a good company to work for. Great earning potential in Sales. I have been able to develop my communication skills and sales skills over the past 5 years working there. I have met really good people in my time with Orkin.
this was a great chance for advancement
Sales service , Service, Branch Manager (Former Employee), Lubbock, TXMarch 15, 2015
Pros: great benifits, on going training
Cons: advancement meant relocation
when I was hired I was giving the key to success if I was willing to work at it. I was very willing. I excelled to where I wanted be .
Well Managed high energy work place
Route Technician (Former Employee), Concord, CAMarch 15, 2015
Pros: good training program and lots of access to procedures and policies
Cons: not always having proper amount of time to deal with daily schedule and poorly scheduled time frames
You're never 100 percent sure how your day is going to go exactly, but you do have the ability to take control and make necessary changes with your own customers and management to prepare an efficient work schedule. Enjoyed working here, but just not something i could see myself making a career out of.
Pretty straightforward
Pest Control Route Manager (Current Employee), Lee's Summit, MOMarch 12, 2015
Pros: good supervisors
Cons: long hours during the summer months.
Orkin is a fairly well organized company.
The KCMO Branch located in Lee's Summit has good management. They are straightforward, honest and supportive of their employees.

1 2 3 4 5

About Orkin

When Orkin calls, bugs go belly up. A subsidiary of Rollins, Orkin and its sister companies provide insect, rodent, and termite – Read more

Orkin Salaries