Orkin

Orkin Employee Reviews

Was not for me
Branch Account Manager, Commercial Sales (Former Employee), Knoxville,TNAugust 25, 2015
This job was a great disappointment. Management was lackluster. Compensation was not what was presented to me at the beginning of my employment
Requires someone who love making money at any cost....
Commercial Account Manager (Current Employee), Pensacola but my territory is Okaloosa CountyAugust 25, 2015
Pros: Good benefits, lots of training
Cons: Lack of communication, compassion and realistic help.
I LOVE my job but don't like the amount of micromanagement and time at home that I'm still working but not on the clock. Being a single mom is hard enough but coming home and still not able to spend time with my daughter because I still have work to do is just not working. I'm a hard worker but when I'm home I want to be home. Money does pay the bills but it sure won't get me my time back with my daughter. Sales are a must and not having them will get you written up and even let go. I enjoy meeting the variety of people I meet and none of them complain about me so I think they like me too! I've learned a lot about insects, rodents and especially bedbugs and will take this knowledge with me. Most of all I've learned that in the corporate world numbers are everything!
Commercial Account Manager (Current Employee), Fairfield, OHAugust 22, 2015
Pros: Flexible
Cons: Salaries/Commisions
Orkin is a good company. The Training is top of the line.
Co workers are great people that is why Orkin is so successful.
Middle management at Orkin has forgot about SMART Goals.
Most enjoyable part of the day is traveling and working with numerous customers
Pest Control Technician (Current Employee), Lafayette, LAAugust 14, 2015
Pros: various locations
Cons: weather can sometimes affect productivity
I enjoyed traveling to various locations throughout the day and interacting with various customers. This really allowed my day to progress quickly.
worked on county route
Route Technician (Former Employee), Winter Haven, FLAugust 12, 2015
Pros: office in truck
Cons: drove over 450 miles weekly
drove to customer homes to inspect and perform insect removal, making sure home was clean from pest. co-workers work the same, we only meet in the morning for reviews on route expectations.
Pest control
Service/Branch Manager (Former Employee), Athens, GAAugust 11, 2015
Good company. A bit behind in technology. Seemed like a secure job but I was limited on using creativity talents. Branches seem to all work together as a team effort
Physically Challenging / No life balance
Pest Specialist (Former Employee), San Gabriel, CAAugust 4, 2015
Pros: Good wages
Cons: Highly stressful and physically demanding.
The pay is very good but to earn it will take away time from your family.Example, night time paperwork and calling next day customers for scheduling can add up to over 12 hours daily and 8 hours on Sat. Sunday calls incoming and outgoing. Your schedule gets doubled up during the course of the day and it's not fun calling customers back to change arrivals times.
demanding work place
Customer Relations Manager (Former Employee), Norfolk, VAJuly 31, 2015
High paced with my opinion (only) with poor management. My co-workers were awesome and I miss them! The hardest part was month end.
Helping customers solve problems
Customer Service Representative/Sales (Current Employee), Covington, GAJuly 28, 2015
Fun work place with supportive management. Not all about the numbers but how you personally grow and develop. Decent amount of red tape and politics.
Large corporation
Pacific Commercial Collections Specialist (Former Employee), Riverside, CAJuly 27, 2015
Pros: Working in a fast pace enviroment and with a team
Cons: No company loyalty by management
Call center with extremely high call volume. Had to take over 80 incoming calls, while still responsible for making outbound collection calls daily. This company is very numbers orientated. Little to no regard for staff morale. Poor management at all levels. Enjoyed working with a team to boost numbers and build each other up to meet goals.
Challenging but up beat position
TERMITE SALES INSPECTOR (Former Employee), lawrenceville, GAJuly 26, 2015
Pros: I enjoyed the challenge of getting the sale
Cons: Crawling in crawl spaces to complete inspections.
My day would start off with touching basis with my sales manager then I would verify my sales calls and annual inspections set by cold calling appointments from the previous days. Orkin really believed in keeping up with latest trends and the latest techniques in pest control. As a helpful and competitive person myself it was nice to have co- workers were much alike.
a lot of work
pest control technican (Current Employee), omaha, neJuly 17, 2015
at orkin there is a lot of paperwork and a lot of other work involved with the job. You have to work long hours and the base pay is not good.
Orkin is respected as the leader in the pest control industry.
Branch Manager (Former Employee), Memphis,TNJuly 13, 2015
Pros: Above average compensation for the industry
Cons: Very little loyalty to people
As a company, Orkin is a great company with good benefits and above average compensation. The pest control industry is challenging and the expectations at Orkin make it even more challenging than other Pest Control Companies. Overall,I feel Orkin is a good place to work if you enjoy working for a large company in a corporate environment. It is certainly a "what have you done for me lately" mentality where loyalty and successes are forgotten and replaced with a snapshot of the present.
As with any corporate environment, it usually isn't about the company, it's the local branch manager and region management you work directly for. I would recommend Orkin highly to anyone pursuing a career in pest control but, would utilize an observation day in the field with an employee in a similar capacity. By doing this, you can determine the culture of the local branch and the region team for your area.
Sales Service Technician
Route Manager & Sales Inspector (Former Employee), Colorado Springs, COJuly 13, 2015
Pros: Excellent benefits, Good Pay, and a great experience.
Cons: Long hours and not a lot of room to move up in the company unless you are willing to relocate.
I worked for this company for almost 10 years and didn't have a whole lot to complain about. Long hours but pretty good pay to back it up if you have the drive. I was well trained by this company and hands down the best program within a company I have ever experienced to learn from. Management is not too bad and tend to back you on everything you do. The co-workers I had were awesome. The hardest part of the job was the long hours. I must say overall it was a good experience while it lasted. I just became burnt out and it was time to move on.
Run of the Mill Large Company
Pest Specialist/Service Tech (Former Employee), Erlanger, KYJuly 1, 2015
Unreal expectations...set you up for failure, only partial training you figure out the rest as you go. Micro managing your work day, no lunch break, you cannot text and drive or talk and drive but you can eat and drive.
Perfect for the independent worker
Pest Control Route Manager (Former Employee), Scott, LAJuly 1, 2015
As with all commission work, you get out what you put in. You have a great amount of control in your schedule, as long as the work gets done.
Very disappointing.
Pest control route manager (Former Employee), hallandale FL.June 30, 2015
Pros: 401K.
Cons: No time for your personal life.
The worst company i have ever worked for. You get a set salary they will require for you to work every Saturday. You had to make calls on your personal time after work hours, to schedule your next day appointments. You will come to work at 7:00 am and get home by 7:00 pm then call clients, get your paper work organized, all this from your home. You had to collect money from clients, and all this while performing your regular work functions of pest control.
You will ask for vacation time or a day off and the manager will file it away. You had no option if your manager will decline your vacation dates, and you may had no day off when you required it. If you get sick forget about it, all your clients for that day will add up, because this company does not hire part time workers, so it has no extra help to get the clients that you missed serviced. In a day you may have up to 15 stops, and it will take at least 20 to 30 minutes or more to get the job done in one house.
Problem getting your supplies from the manager.
They have a once a week meeting to discuss sales and how bad the company is performing for about 2 hours in the mean time yours schedule appointments are piling up.
When you add up the hours per week you put in of work versus the pay check, your get shorthanded.
A good place to work for single person whithout family
PC Route Manager (Current Employee), Kissimmee, FLJune 30, 2015
Pros: you make your own schedule
Cons: long hrs, crazy schedule
Orkin its a good place to work for a single person or a family without kids. The schedules are crazy longer hrs. and you have a entrance time but you don't have a exit time.
CYA AT ALL TIMES
PC TECH (Current Employee), NCJune 25, 2015
Pros: Maybe the benefits???
Cons: NO TRUST
Overall this company has too many layers. It is very difficult to move up within the company without sucking up to upper management. Service managers as well as branch managers do not want you to meet upper management in fear you may embarrass them or bring to their attention some of the issues that you or other techs are experiencing. Trust is a main issue with this company. Training is good if you are a quick learner. Co workers are great until they become managers. When they become managers the whole morale and personality changes along with it.
Productive, Committed, and Efficient
Termite Sales Inspector (Former Employee), Kankakee, ILJune 7, 2015
Pros: Work Independently; establish rapport with businesses and customers
Cons: Commission based enviornment
I called customers to schedule appointments for house inspection or services. I learned sales and customer service, how to mix chemicals and to apply them when needed. Were very helpful and respectful most of the time. Inability to reach sales quotas set by the company standards every month. It was being able to meet new people in different areas.
Industry