Orkin Employee Reviews

Branch Manager was way to Micro Managing and no personality!
Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHNovember 22, 2017
I left another company for Orkin and 4 months later they dissolved the position. Wasn't given all the tools that I was supposed to receive until 2 weeks before Orkin dissolved the position. The regional Manager was EXCELLENT! The culture was old school and all about getting a number reported in the morning then back out to the cold calling. The Branch Manager NEVER bothered to ride with me for help. The office was very intense as when upper management came in EVERYONE wore a Tie and as son as we left or they did EVERYONE took them off. The office secretaries didn't like the Branch Manager either and the non helpful culture!
Pros
The pay was good and commissions were paid once they were started.
Cons
Micro Managed, old school and NOT enough support!
A solid company
Pest Control Technician (Current Employee) –  Chantilly, VANovember 20, 2017
I very much enjoyed my first 4 years at Orkin. Over the last 2 years there have been three Service and Branch Manager changes, our branch office moved 6 months ago and the regional manager has recently resigned. As a result there have been ongoing changes to policies and procedures resulting in a stressful and chaotic atmosphere. Morale among administrative and technical staff is low.
Pros
Experience and training
Cons
Inconsistent managment
decent
Service Technician (Current Employee) –  Chesterfield, MINovember 14, 2017
decent job. work a lot of hours during the summer, slow during the winter. deal with a lot of nasty bugs and people with some serious problems going on.
Work is productive
Technician (Current Employee) –  Beaufort, SCNovember 14, 2017
On a daily day, you will have many customers to service. Working with this company have some rewards and benefits. Be prepared to learn so much on day to day.
Unhealthy culture and a lack of learning environment
Branch Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Riverside, CANovember 8, 2017
Upper management wanted to continue old ways of selling and did not embrace the modern styles of selling. Employees lacked the skill set to grow and learn ways of handling their position. Favoritism and politics played a very dominate influence throughout the building. The CEO, VP and the center manager were not on the same page therefore threw the front line managers under the bus when things did not go right. A toxic environment. Some of the sales and CS reps worked there over 10 years and did not want to change and poisoned the minds of the new hires.
Pros
Front line management got along well
Cons
Lack of empowerment, old school ways environment
Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Winter Haven, FLNovember 7, 2017
I don't have one bad thing to say about this company. Their training was awesome and they always wanted what was in your best interest. You would strive to work and do well for this company to give back what they gave to you.
My location had poor mgmt
Pest Control Inspector (Former Employee) –  South Bend, INNovember 5, 2017
Good job, poor management; Company car and cell phone but poor work by technicians; management did not follow up on issues which left many unsatisfied customers
Pros
Salary
Cons
Mgmt
A constant drag
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  OhioOctober 31, 2017
Micro managers and they think they have all the answers. Constant badgering about sales & no residual income- which is stupid in the Sales world. Always chasing new business with high quotas every month. Greedy company
Pros
None really
Cons
Micro manage, Management wants you to offer customers things they don’t really need, and you are just a number.
Needed more advancement
Customer Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Alexandria, LAOctober 28, 2017
I just feel management wasn't what it should be, it was becoming hard to balance life, kids, work because so much began to change. I wanted to further my career and put my degrees to better use.
motivating enviroment
Call Center Agent (Former Employee) –  South Bend, INOctober 26, 2017
I loved orkin. many incentives. a little stress trying to stay above the expected quota. having this position was helped maintain self motivation because telephone work is my specialty
Pros
balanced enviroment
Cons
meeting quota

Want to know more about Orkin?

Ask a question
Customer Service/Sales Rep (Current Employee) –  Covington, GAOctober 19, 2017
Productive work place and friendly environment. I love the staff and enjoy the incentives. Like the way the company interact with the employees for events.
Pros
pay
Cons
insurance
orkin pest control
Customer Service Specialist (Current Employee) –  Aurora, ILOctober 19, 2017
Orkin recently change a lot of administrative duties. Basically the administrative office is doing managers work without the pay. It's a stressful position
Call Center Representative (Former Employee) –  Fife, WAOctober 19, 2017
not applicable to new job. not going to write review. there was a lot of favoritism that happened int that company. Only well liked people are able to succeed.
Very relaxed and friendly work environment with great benefits
Customer Service Administrator (Former Employee) –  Cherry Hill, NJOctober 18, 2017
I really enjoyed working for this company. Unfortunately, they did not offer part-time hours and I was not able to work the full-time work week so I had to leave the company. I would recommend working there to anyone. Great salary, benefits and perks.
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Vista, CAOctober 15, 2017
My only issue with Orkin was their local management. They spoke at lengths of our we are brothers and should help each other but the management did not reflect what they spoke of.
Out going and competitive work place.
Termite Technician (Current Employee) –  Lee summitOctober 13, 2017
Orion is a job I never saw myself at. But now that I am here, I see that I can push myself to be better and higher in the company. They allow you to advance and grow which I really love. The pay is great and the people I work with are kind and really help you.
Pros
Office lunch parties, own company vehicle, great pay
Cons
Customers can cancel at any second and it hurts my pay check
Poor place to grow your career
Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHOctober 10, 2017
Orkin was a temporary job for me when I relocated although I had decent success with the company. 6 days per week minimum, straight commission with shady sales techniques in my opinion.
it paid the bills
Pest Control technician (Current Employee) –  Alsip, ILOctober 8, 2017
it was ok. it paid the bills
i was happy when i got because it came ar the right time
fast hiring processes
i got on payroll right away.
i was thankful the opportunity
Horrible people to work for
Route Manager (Current Employee) –  Philipsburg, PAOctober 8, 2017
there all about themselves would not recommend working for orkin to anyone, they are cutthroat only care about the all mighty dollar do not care about there employees at all
Pros
non
Cons
everything
It was disorganized. But the staff was good.
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Woodland Park, NJOctober 7, 2017
It was busy especially in the warm months. The hours were decent and the pay was also OK. We would get a lot of customer complaint because the schedule.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Orkin. Our community is ready to answer.