Orkin

Orkin Employer Reviews

Great Support System
Account Manager (Former Employee), Salem, NCDecember 16, 2014
Pros: sales incenetives, company events, company cars or vehicle allowances.
Cons: buy your own uniforms, micro managment
a typical day would consist of networking, research, prospecting and a ton of calls and visits.
I learned a better way of organization, and techniques to be more successful at my sales career.
the management team was always very supportive and helpfully when needed.
the hardest part of my job was being patient when chasing that new business.
my most – more... enjoyable part of my job was always receiving the positive feed back from a happy satisfied customer and the pride felt knowing that you helped them in some way. – less
Place of Employment
New Customer Sales Representative (Current Employee), Covington, GADecember 16, 2014
Pros: the customers
Cons: insurance package
It was good getting commission added to your check every month. The people I worked with were good and I really enjoyed talking with the different people I encounter including the technicians. The hardest part of the job was the distance I had to drive every day.
Lack of diversity in upper management
Service Manager (Former Employee), Amherst, NYDecember 16, 2014
Pros: good pay
Cons: no diversity
Business needs to do a better job at recruiting minorities and creating a culture of inclusion. Job requires long hours and long drive times. The job requires all employees to service homes and businesses with all types of pest control needs.
Productive and upbeat environment
Customer Service / Call Center (Current Employee), Covington, GADecember 15, 2014
Since working at Orkin I learned a lot about working well with others.I would call it the Bee-Hive cause you only hear people busy talking to customers.
Orkin Route Manager
Route Manager (Current Employee), Saginaw, MIDecember 13, 2014
You work a lot of hours, pretty decent pay for it though.
Busy in summer slow in winter.
A Great Company that understands business!
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee), Covington, GANovember 20, 2014
Pros: great location, away from traffic
The job is fairly easy given that many task were completed on a daily, weekly, and monthly process. I've learned about the company overall and how our location adds to the bottom line. The call center environment can be a bit to digest considering the fact that it some time doesn't attract quality employees. Some of that is that is due to the wages – more... and location. I find that the day to day operations of the company are a little antiquated but they have the potential to push beyond it. However I celebrate that the company has longevity and understands the world of business. The company believes in promoting from within and the use of referrals. Management at our location is luke warm due to some of the perpetual oppression which stem from a lack of change in upper management. However things are continually changing for positive results. Most of all I really enjoy the wonderful co-workers and appreciate the relationships that I've built. It is a company that I would recommend to anyone. – less
Technician
Service Technician (Current Employee), Dallas, TXNovember 19, 2014
Every month I have a certain amount of accounts or customers I need to service. And it's my job to schedule the stops to insure that each stop is competed by the end of the month. The best part of the job is the autonomy that comes with being on the road alone everyday. There is minimal micromanaging that occurs with this job which makes the management – more... wonderful.

Each certain account has different applications that must be done to the property. Normal prevention methods to thorough clean-outs may be needed in different accounts. – less
Good job, just needed to make a little more money
Sales/Customer Support Technician (Current Employee), Chesterfield, MINovember 11, 2014
I really enjoyed working here, but I needed to make a little more money, that is why I moved to working for schwan's.
Demanding management and unsympathetic to life outside of the company. Non competitive pricing.
Commercial Services Account Manager (Former Employee), Elkridge, MDNovember 5, 2014
Pros: you make your own schedule for the most part
Cons: territories can be very large and prices aren't competitive
As a territory manager the work day can be quite long and grueling given the nature of the work. You will cover a vast territory and while on a visit you can be crawling around floors and in crawl spaces inspecting commercial facilities. The major issue is getting past the gatekeeper that will do everything in their power to keep you from talking to – more... the decision maker. Not to mention that most places post no soliciting signs so the job can be tough. The company as a whole isn't a bad company to work for and there are opportunities for growth. – less
See below
Commercial Account Manager (Current Employee), Bridgeville, PAOctober 29, 2014
Selling B2B for pest control services for commercial accounts
Great work Environment
Service Technician (Former Employee), Chesterfield, MIOctober 28, 2014
Pros: learning experience
Getting Information — Observing, receiving, and otherwise obtaining information from all relevant sources.

Communicating with Persons Outside Organization — Communicating with people outside the organization, representing the organization to customers, the public, government, and other external sources. This information can be exchanged in person, – more... in writing, or by telephone or e-mail.

Performing for or Working Directly with the Public — Performing for people or dealing directly with the public. This includes serving customers in restaurants and stores, and receiving clients or guests.

Operating Vehicles, Mechanized Devices, or Equipment — Running, maneuvering, navigating, or driving vehicles or mechanized equipment, such as forklifts, passenger vehicles, aircraft, or water craft.

drive automobile, van, or light truck

Evaluating Information to Determine Compliance with Standards — Using relevant information and individual judgment to determine whether events or processes comply with laws, regulations, or standards.

Inspecting Equipment, Structures, or Material — Inspecting equipment, structures, or materials to identify the cause of errors or other problems or defects.

inspect premises or structure for evidence of deterioration or damage

Updating and Using Relevant Knowledge — Keeping up-to-date technically and applying new knowledge to your job.

use plant disease control techniques

Making Decisions and Solving Problems — Analyzing information and evaluating results to choose the best solution and solve problems. – less
no job security, and horrible managment
Service Technician/Mechanic (Former Employee), Sherman, TXOctober 23, 2014
bad place to work, not trustworthy, and wrongfully terminate you
Pest Control
Inbound Phone Sales/CSR (Current Employee), Covington, GAOctober 21, 2014
Sale customers services and products for pest control and provide customers feedback
Unhappy environment
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Reno, NVOctober 12, 2014
Pros: na
Cons: management
A typical day at work was like any other desk job that left you unfulfilled. I learned more computer skills.
The management was the worst part of the job. I never really saw my coworkers but when I did it was enjoyable to talk to them since I sat in an office alone all day.
The hardest part of the job was sitting behind a desk for nine hours a day. – more... The most enjoyable part of the job was being trained by a girl from another branch who turned out to be my best friend. – less
Easy job to do.The branches have all control
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Covington, GAOctober 9, 2014
Easy job to do but not able to make any decision to help customers .The branches have all control. Decent pay... a lot of protocol to remember.
A great learning experience
CUSTOMER SERVICE SPECIALIST (Former Employee), Denver, CoOctober 6, 2014
The most enjoying part of working at Orkin was the people I got along with. I gained a lot knowledge pertaining to office tasks and minimum administrative skills that will benefit me in the long wrong.
Very productive
Office Administrative Specialist (Former Employee), Beaver, WVOctober 5, 2014
Pros: benefits and pay
I love going into my job at Orkin. We get our work done and yet it is a enjoyable place to work.
Lack of communication between too many managers and Account Managers
Account Manager/Sales (Former Employee), Southfield, MIOctober 5, 2014
Pros: helping people solve their problems and selling.
Cons: lack of communication, not enough accountability on service, losing sales due to managers not wanting to do a job even though company adverstises it, getting charge backs on sales due to service issues not sales
Loved working with people and the job was not the same every day. I like helping people solve problems with my knowledge of my job.
Awesome Job
Pest Control Start Technician (Former Employee), Vista, CAOctober 3, 2014
Pros: amazing pay and training
Cons: long hours
This was an amazing job. They pay for all training, uniforms, company car, continued education, and gas. This is one of those jobs where you have complete freedom to work and not be micromanaged. The pay is outstanding! If you are willing to work long hours, and get rewarded for that work, then this is the job for you. That is, as long as you don't – more... have a problem with bugs and other household pests. – less
productive and fun work place
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Riverside, CASeptember 22, 2014
I enjoyed working at this company. I gained a lot of experience in this work field.

1 2 3 4 5

About Orkin

When Orkin calls, bugs go belly up. A subsidiary of Rollins, Orkin and its sister companies provide insect, rodent, and termite – Read more