Orkin Employee Reviews

Great Company
Route Scheduler (Former Employee) –  Berlin, CTJanuary 23, 2017
Great Business Hours, Great Potential for advancing. The benefits for a sinfle person or for a family are great. They provided all the education you would need to benefit for your position. If you interested in learning other positions, The management would not think twice about sending you for the job training. It is great to be able to preforms as scheduling, sales and knowing every aspect of being an Office manager or Service Manager. The best is even if you are n the office they train you as if you were in the field. Everyone is the same.
Pros
non hostile work enviroment
Cons
wisha a position was available to go back.
Great management and advancement opportunities
Sales Inspector (Former Employee) –  Cedar Rapids, IAFebruary 1, 2017
The training is the best part of this job. I enjoyed meeting customers and building relationships. Management was excellent and I developed relationships with all coworkers and superiors.
Pros
Own car, training, advancement opportunities, benefits
Cons
pay, hours
self motivated job with poor communication between techs and management
Route Manager (Former Employee) –  Wilsonville, ORFebruary 2, 2017
Good pay when there are bugs to slay, slows down during winter. Fun work environment, but poor management. Was pressured into providing service to customers with a foot of snow around their house when they had no issues and preferred service another day. This would make things uncomfortable between me and my customers I had been seeing every month for over a year, but management did not have a care about my personal safety or customers preference, just MONEY.
Pros
Salary, Independent work
Cons
Management, Hours
Need to knows to succeed
Route Manager (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORFebruary 7, 2017
Route management is a difficult career, but as long as you understand that if you succeed in pest management, you will become more efficient. Allotting time frames for your customers and knowing what to look for and how to talk with the customer to make them your partner in each of your routes to success will spell a very lucrative job with Orkin pest control.
Pros
You manage your day, free vehicle use
Cons
Route management inexperience can make things difficult
All work -
Administrative Specialist (Former Employee) –  Ft. Lauderdale, FLNovember 15, 2016
The job was interesting and demanding there is never enough time in a day to do all that is to be done. I learnt a lot.

The culture is what you make it to be.

Benefits are management based.
Pros
NONE
Decent company, hard branch to work for in multifamily
Lead Specialty Pest Control and Termite Technician (Current Employee) –  Carrollton, TXSeptember 18, 2016
Prior to being steamrolled by Rollins inc (Orkin), the company I worked for was family oriented, but didn't pay well over the long term. When Orkin took over, the added benefits of insurance and the ability to make commissions and production checks was a good reason to stick around. However, the multifamily branch consists of servicing apartment complexes. The ever changing management and inability to meet every single need of every single apartment manager immediately, ultimately leads to a high stress work environment. Why? Apartment technicians start calling in sick every couple of days, which ties up the specialty group, which causes services to be missed, deadlines to go unchecked, and develops a general dissension in the workplace over time. Compound that with work injuries, lack of communication between staff and guys on the road, and heavy traffic on a day to day basis, and you have a recipe for a branch that looks more like the Titanic, then a productive facet of the corporation.
Pros
production checks, take home vehicles
Cons
god awful scheduling tactics, lack of communication, fatigue
Not a company to work for if you need benefits and family life
Technician (Former Employee) –  Broadview, ILSeptember 14, 2016
This company is the worst to work for. Communication between management and the employees is nonexistent. They lied about benefits. None were offered after 90 days of employment. When asked, the manager said to go get Obama care. You will be working 12 hrs a day and 6 days a week. No overtime. Training is very poor. A union is desperately needed here. If you have a family, this job is not for you.
Pros
Cons
Too many to list here
Good
Route Manager (Commercial) (Current Employee) –  South San Francisco, CAJanuary 9, 2017
Great job for people passionate abut pest and science. Great benefits and excellent training. Competitive starting salary.
ok
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Poca, WVFebruary 9, 2017
if you were part of the branch managers clique you had it made. Gave termite leads to his favorite pest techs to boost their pay at the expense of sales people
Pros
good benefits
Cons
poor management
Horrible place to work!
Start Technician/Utility Technician (Former Employee) –  Eden Prairie, MNOctober 27, 2016
Very poor management; not much experience in pest control, poor time management (adding jobs throughout already busy day)
Bad or not adequate training.
Pros
It was a job.
Cons
Was worked too hard; long hours, long drive times, rushed jobs or days, bad management.
A Company that invest in it's employees
Branch Manager (Current Employee) –  San Jose, CAJanuary 27, 2017
Orkin Pest Control is a very aggressive fast paced service company that invests in it's employees by offering the best technical training. Better than any other company I have been affiliated with in my working career. They value their customers and provide top grade pest control service with the best trained service technicians in the industry. Career opportunities and and career growth is real with Orkin Pest Control.
Pros
Training, Career Growth, Nationally Known
Great place to launch a career
Assistant Region Manager (Current Employee) –  ColoradoJanuary 30, 2017
In my nearly 18 years of experience with Orkin Pest Control I have been impressed by the level of training and commitment that the company has shown to their employees. Personally, I started with the company as a pest control technician and have been able to see a clear path to my own professional growth through mentors paving the way. I have had strong leadership within the company that has worked hard to offer counsel to me as I have looked to grow within the organization. The investment shown by these leaders has caused me to lead sales teams, service teams, branches and currently work supporting a region. I really enjoy working at Orkin because I find myself consistently learning new things from our formal training as well as from peers within the organization. I have been blessed to have worked with several different service teams within our organization that built dynamic teams and really look out for one another. The hardest part of the job can be the self discipline to find a positive work/life balance during the busiest season of the year. I really like the fact that our employees at all levels have the expectation and ability to be good customer service agents and that on any given day you may see leadership at all levels engaged with customer service visits. I can't think of a much better way for leadership to model the customer service expectations set forth by company leaders.
Pros
Training, development, positive mentors, job security
Life on the road
Residential Pest Control Specialist (Current Employee) –  Macon, GAOctober 30, 2016
Pest control is a tricky business. Long long hours, on call to whenever the phone rings, Management depends on really who you have at the time, worked for some really great people and not so great.
Awful management!
Termite Technician (Current Employee) –  West Columbia, SCSeptember 6, 2016
At this time I'm currently employed at Orkin and I'm actively seeking employment elsewhere. Very unpredictable hours. You'll work 13 hours one day and 6 the next. Insurance is the worst I've ever had and I worked retail most of my career. Management is clueless.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Everything but good pay.
Stress and Headaches that could be avoided...
Pest/Wildlife Control Route Technician (Current Employee) –  Oakland, CANovember 6, 2016
The Job would be good with a little more support from management. I often feel like I'm doing the job of three or more people. I don't mind multitasking but at some point help becomes being taken advantage of when no resolutions is in sight to fix the ongoing staffing problem. It pays well but your worked to the bone for every penny earned. I leave for work before the sun comes up and leave from work after the sun goes down almost everyday. I'm not sure if things are the same at other branches within the organization but I feel the company is definitely understaffed. Expectations are just not practical when understaffed.. The company tries to accommodate same day service but lacks the staffing and as a result scheduling is regularly chaotic which makes the job very stressful. Overall I like what I do but working for this company has more bad days than good ones.I just want to get out of this job while I still have my health.
Pros
Freedom of working on your own, Company Vehicle with gas card
Cons
Understaffed and Overworked with no end in sight.
Horrible place to work
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Imperial, MOJuly 5, 2016
I wish I had never bothered working for Orkin Pest Control. The pay was decent but no company benefits. They did not provide health, dental, vision, or life insurance. You have to be with the company for 5 years before getting two weeks vacation. The upper management is ok but not the office or service management. The employees that are not in management or sales are treated like second class citizens. HORRIBLE experience working for this company.
Pros
Decent pay
Cons
No benefits and terrible work environment
Professional, fast-paced, fun company.
Pest Control Route Manager (Former Employee) –  Naples, FLOctober 23, 2016
Typically I scheduled my work day the prior day. Made all my own appointments, called customers to schedule, etc. I'd go into the office to pick up the chemicals I would need for the day then go about my day. I loved my customers, I met so many wonderful people that I would never have encountered without Orkin. Management was always a phone call away if I had questions. The hardest part was definitely the training. The first few months were sink-or-swim. I swam.
Pros
Make your own hours, flexible schedule, work truck
Cons
1 month minimum training, no one to cover sick time.
Ok place to work
Pest Control Technician (Current Employee) –  Norfolk, VAMay 22, 2016
The one thing I will say that is great about orkin is they do take care of there employees with the benefits. Other then that the pay is not even close to the work you do. You get a draw for the month, on the 10th you get your entire months in that one check, but orkin will take half the draw from that pay check and if you dont service any accounts for the month they take that from your check as well. you work 10 to 12 hours days and the pay does not reflect that. your second check is the draw for the month. You can work all the hours you want and you will never go above the draw amount. Orkin really needs to pay better and if they did this would be a company to work for.
benefits
Cons
No time for lunch, pay, long hours
Great company to work for, with wonderful ethics.
Customer Service/Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Covington, GANovember 29, 2016
I really enjoyed working with the customers the most and my co-workers. The hardest part is when I got very sick the company was not very understanding and ended up losing my job because of time off of work. Management had favorites as well and I didn't care for that aspect of the job.
Pros
Great schedule, Customers and co workers
Cons
Favoritism within teams and how I felt like I wasn't being treated like an adult.
I truly enjoyed working here
Technician (Former Employee) –  Queensbury, NYFebruary 9, 2017
Management was fun, relaxed but never not serious about their jobs. Great guys to work for, from the bottom all the way to the top - well rounded individuals. I did not enjoy being around pesticides daily, however. I eventually started feeling the effects of these pesticides even with all safety precautions in place.
Pros
Good Money, Lots of Hours, Good Work
Cons
You either work and have no life - or you quit and find another job to have a life.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Orkin. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9